Slattern (pacfic rim) vs the cloverfield monster.

• 83 results
Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Slattern (pacfic rim) vs the cloverfield monster. (33 votes)

Round 1: above land on Seattle 42%
Round 2: under the Pacific Ocean 39%
 • 
Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slattern stomps.

*Hard*.

The Cloverfield Monster never did anything very impressive by Kaiju standards, while Slattern took a nuke to the face and more or less disabled Striker Eureka in a single hit.

Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Cloverfield monster wins this. It survived anything the military threw at it. The Slattern got killed in the end of the movie. Clover wins.

Avatar image for klaudius_von_sturmheiser
Klaudius_Von_Sturmheiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_cool: The cloverfield monster was killed by conventional weapons via the hammer down protocol.

Slattern took 1.4 megatons of TNT equivalence to the face, underwater where the pressure would be massively magnified.

And anyone who thinks Cloverfield would be anymore than a minor nuisance to a Jaeger is full of it.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slattern stomps hard (or poisons hard judging by the way PR kaiju are made)

Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klaudius_von_sturmheiser: And where's your proof? Clover tanked those weapons with little to no effort. Slattern still got killed by a Jaeger. I'm sick of PR fans, some of them thinks a Slattern could beat Big G.

Clover is no joke, it tossed the Liberty Statue's head like a baseball and destroyed New York alone, and it tanked a bomb similar to a nuke.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kyrees

@kid_cool said:

@klaudius_von_sturmheiser: And where's your proof? Clover tanked those weapons with little to no effort. Slattern still got killed by a Jaeger. I'm sick of PR fans, some of them thinks a Slattern could beat Big G.

Clover is no joke, it tossed the Liberty Statue's head like a baseball and destroyed New York alone, and it tanked a bomb similar to a nuke.

jaegers are above modern weaponry. they are above jets, missiles, and tanks. in the movie, the first kaiju took a lot of beating from the army with modern weaponry for a few days before it went down (the comic says otherwise on that kaiju's demise since it took a nuke to kill that kaiju, inconsistent story telling i say.) and that's the weakest PR kaiju according to dr. newt's theory on their appearances. jaegers has killed a lot of kaijus in hours or so. also, don't compare non nuclear weaponry to massive nuclear weaponry. clover might have tanked conventional army weaponry but it's highly questionable clover can tank face-on that massive nuclear explosion that slattern survived.

gypsy danger is powered by a nuclear reactor as was stated in the movie. that same nuclear reactor that produced a discharge that bore through slattern's chest. the clover monster eventually died with the hammer protocol as was said by abrams

http://cloverfieldclues.blogspot.com/2008/05/cloverfield-is-dead-long-live.html

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_cool: The director said that the cloverfield died of it's injuries after being hit with a bombing run from the Hammer down protocol afterwards.

And said Jaeger blasted it with the discharge of a nuclear engine. It was akin to a constantly exploding nuclear bomb concentrated into a beam.

Only a few Godzillas have ever shown the durability to tank a nuke, Godzilla x Megaguirus Godzilla, Final Wars Godzilla, and IDW Godzilla. The rest I'd be quite dubious of their nuke tanking abilities.

And those bombs? Actually just a few fuel air bombs, which while powerful, fall well short of an actual nuke, like three orders of magnitude short.

Slattern is stronger, more agressive, more durable, and a better fighter.

Clovey did...absolutely nothing impressive.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_cool: actually you wrong on all accounts but one.

1- hammer down protocol killed the monster it's said so at the beginning of the movie unless you didn't read the prologue.

2- Cloverfield monster was dropped by a B52 bomber before it took down the helicopter, and killed by Mk80 bombs vs Slattern who tanked a nuke

3- Slattern got killed by Gypsy Danger who also tanked a nuke

4- best strength feat for CM was biting the Liberty Lady's head of while Otachi grabbed a tanker with its tail and threw it away

5- Size wise CM was 350ft tall while Slattern is 596 almost twice the size. CM weighed in at 5,8tons Vs 6,8tons for Slattern

CM is out classed outsized in everyway

Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosii: No really. I'm not wrong. Slattern is 6,750 tons while Clover is 5,800 tons. Clover is 350 feet and 1200 feet long. Slattern may be taller, but it's still shorter, and mass = size. Slattern isn't even near twice Clover's size.

And the advantages for Clover:

1. Is still a baby.

2. Shells from M-1 tanks, AT-4 rockets, 80 Mk 82 bombs and other high powered ordnance failed to do anything other than aggravate the creature.

3. Has no experience and still destroys a city.

4. Has parasites that could distract/hurt Slattern and give Clover some time to kill it.

And if this is the adult Clover, Slattern is dead meat.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_cool: Hypotheticals? *Sigh*

Cloverfield has never done much more than walk through, jump at, and step on things.

Slattern damn near destroyed the best Jaeger there was in a single hit and took a nuclear explosion to the face, and only died when a directed nuclear beam took several seconds to punch through it's chest.

And clover's parasites wouldn't even break Slattern's skin, don't be ridiculous.

And guess what? Even the weakest Kaiju ever could tank anything Cloverfield tanked. The very first Kaiju tanked seven days of continuous conventional weapons fire before the military said "F*ck it" and dropped a nuke on him.

Slattern is much, much more powerful than that first Kaiju.

And the quote about cloverfield was "Like a baby" not "Was a baby".

Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: Yeah, I know. But it destroyed a city and tanked most of the military.

Every Godzilla has better durability feats than Slattern. FW Goji tanked a city busting attack that caused a crater, eating the entire city.

A Godzilla once blasted a Black Hole.

Slattern tanked: Shells from M-1 tanks, AT-4 rockets, 80 Mk 82 bombs and other high powered ordnances. The Slattern isn't really more impressive or stronger. Clover busted Manhattan, destroyed the military without much damage and threw the Liberty Statue's head like a baseball. The crew even said the monster is still a baby, he's new, he's confused, yet he still destroyed Manhattan easily.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_cool: Did you read a word I just said?

The American military fired for an entire week at trespasser, the smallest and weakest of the Kaiju, and did nothing of any note to it so they decided to just nuke a populated city instead.

And only three Godzillas have shown nuke tanking durability, Final Wars, Godzilla against Megaguirus, and IDW. The others have most decidedly not and I would be doubtful of anyone claiming he could take a megaton nuke to the face.

Cloverfield was killed by conventional fuel air bombs in the hammer down protocol, worth only 10-22 tons of TNT equivalence, which is definitely not a nuke. It didn't die immediately, but as per J.J Abrams, it would go on to die of it's injuries.

And again, with a single hard blow Striker Eureka was pretty much disabled, and Slattern took a point blank 1.4 megaton nuke under some seven miles of seawater. Where the pressure and shockwave of such a nuke would be *massively* magnified.

tl;dr; You're a moron.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kyrees

@kid_cool: anyone who uses the argument that clover is still a baby and could possibly wreak more damage when it's an adult is full of it. i mean you're using arguments that hasn't even happened. come back with that argument when abrams creates an adult version of clover.

conventional weaponry < nuclear weaponry. when did normal army weaponry surpass a massive nuclear explosion ?

experience is irrelevant when you are big enough to destroy a lot of things by merely walking on it, like when you're stepping on an anthill.

if PR kaijus can take on a punch or two from jaegers, i don't see clover's parasites hurt or distract those kaijus. PR kaijus have their own parasites as well and i don't see them being hindered by it.

Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slattern wins, I read some facts and he wins hands down.

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

To clairfy the cloverfield monster survived the explosion.The director was purposely lying to make it seem like he was dead,but at the end of the movie a tape is translated to say "It's stil alive".But the monster probably wasn't hit with a nuke,it was more then likely hit with a carpet bomb or a JDAM bomb because a nuke would cause a fallout,and since there is someone that says that it's still alive means that people in the area are still alive,but if they were hit with a nuke they would have been completely obliterated. As for Slattern he was literally designed/created to destroy a jaeger(which are designed to kill kaiju) and would have taken down gypsy danger and striker in a solo match,and we all know he survived a nuke and but is mortally wounded by it. But they are fighting hand to hand under the ocean and one in in Seattle endurance to nuke means nothing really.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_cool said:

The Cloverfield monster wins this. It survived anything the military threw at it. The Slattern got killed in the end of the movie. Clover wins.

YOU ARE SO WRONG ON INFINITE LEVELS.

Slattern tanked a nuke to the face and survived with minimal damage. I bet the Cloverfield monster can't even survive a 6 straight days heavy bombing that the first weakest kaiju tanked for.. even a category 1 kaiju would stomp a cloverfield monster with ease.

Slattern godstomps...

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thanosii
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

@kid_cool: The parasites are simply like coral all they do is attach themselves to clover then once they are near a food sorce they latch off and eat.The parasites show no sign of a hive mind set at all they have a completely different train of thought process.they whould latch on to anything in the ocean realitivly the size of the Cloverfield monster. they have the same relationship as a whale to coral.Rendering this argument invalid

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pokergeist

Only a few Godzillas have ever shown the durability to tank a nuke, Godzilla x Megaguirus Godzilla, Final Wars Godzilla, and IDW Godzilla. The rest I'd be quite dubious of their nuke tanking abilities.

You forgot Godzillasaurus. The weakest Godzilla took a nuke. That is how he became Godzilla.

So actually all Godzillas can tank nukes technically.

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

@cadencev2: Sweet the great CandaceV2 posted a comment on my thread how awesome

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: Godzilla is pretty much immune to explosives so that but not to physical combat.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pokergeist

@cadencev2: Sweet the great CandaceV2 posted a comment on my thread how awesome

....Thanks.

As for the fight I sit in Category 5 Kaiju. The fact the Plasma took forever and tanking a up front Nuke is too much win for the Cloverfield to get through with his brute force.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Slattern wins this. Clover couldn't even take Gamera, who could be arguably one of the weakest movie monsters in terms of durability. @cadencev2: You're a celebrity!

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Pokergeist

Slattern wins this. Clover couldn't even take Gamera, who could be arguably one of the weakest movie monsters in terms of durability. @cadencev2: You're a celebrity!

I see this.

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

That's enough ass kissing for now.I would like to see some more arguements for clovers case because this fight seems to really be more like Showa Godzilla vs Showa Rodan not as simple as most people think it is.

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

The kaiju are categorized on the serizwa scale, which measures water displacement (which measures size level) toxicity level (which measures durability) and ambient radioactivity (which measures the radiation they give off),not by strength or skill.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: He got powers from the fallout, not the Nuke.

Burning Godzilla may be able to take a nuke though.

But it may just push him over the edge and make him asplode the planet.

Which I guess is a win for Godzilla in the same way that

Loading Video...

That is a win for Smoke.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pokergeist

@cadencev2: He got powers from the fallout, not the Nuke.

The Island (As per the way they said it from what I remember) was the ground zero site of the nuke. Meaning it had been in the Nukes initial Radius.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: May have to watch Godzilla vs King Ghidorah again.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is serious spite. Cloverfield monster only destroyed one city and died to conventional weapons. A category 1 Kaiju rampaged across the country for days on end and had to be nuked to be stopped. And your going to put Cloverfield against a category 5?

Slattern wins. No contest.

Avatar image for the_undying_tombstone
The_Undying_Tombstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irs: Nuked *three times* before it died.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_cool said:

@thanosii: No really. I'm not wrong. Slattern is 6,750 tons while Clover is 5,800 tons. Clover is 350 feet and 1200 feet long. Slattern may be taller, but it's still shorter, and mass = size. Slattern isn't even near twice Clover's size.

And the advantages for Clover:

1. Is still a baby.

2. Shells from M-1 tanks, AT-4 rockets, 80 Mk 82 bombs and other high powered ordnance failed to do anything other than aggravate the creature.

3. Has no experience and still destroys a city.

4. Has parasites that could distract/hurt Slattern and give Clover some time to kill it.

And if this is the adult Clover, Slattern is dead meat.

I really don't think those are advantages. The first point is irrelevant, unless Cloverfield can somehow reach adulthood before the end of the fight, and all indications are he would not. The 4th point is also irrelevant; those parasite could be fought off by ordinary people with a fire axe. They're not doing anything to Slattern.

As for #2, as pointed out, Slattern survived much heavier firepower. Even the first Kaiju to appear took the same kind of ordinance as Cloverfield, but for several days, without dying. Slattern was also fighting much more advanced warmachines (the Jaegers) than Cloverfield was.

I don't even think #3 is accurate. Cloverfield destroyed several buildings and caused a lot of collateral damage, but destroyed the whole city? Pretty sure that's not true. I don't think Clover is even fast enough to accomplish such a feat in one night, even assuming it were actually making a systematic attempt to do so (which it wasn't).

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@freefa11: I wouldn't waste your time, I had a lengthy PM conversation with him where he revealed that he doesn't understand that a 1.4 megaton bomb is vastly more powerful than the 10-22 ton bombs they dropped on clover at the end.

Or what a joule is.

And revealed that he doesn't care about his education and thus knows pretty much nothing of math, quantification, or science.

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By KaijuKingGojira
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijukinggojira: I'm just pointing out we could have a better debate by just ignoring him.

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_undying_tombstone: This is the second time I ever saw someone post that information.I assume this is from the comic book.I highly doubt that Slattern could take another hit from a nuke because he was mortally wounded by the first hit. That would mean that Tresspasser would be above Slattern in durability

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

@guardian_of_gravity: He isn't trolling though he was just technically proven wrong and he stopped when presented with facts to prove him wrong and even agreed he was wrong.I'm not trying to sound like a whiney politically correct little Douche bag,but insults get threads taken down by devs.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijukinggojira: except we didn't know how big were those nukes used against the tresspasser. the nuclear explosion slattern survived from was meant for the rip itself and would be more likely to be that massive.

Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slattern wins.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

And guess what? Even the weakest Kaiju ever could tank anything Cloverfield tanked. The very first Kaiju tanked seven days of continuous conventional weapons fire before the military said "F*ck it" and dropped a nuke on him.

Not gonna lie, I laughed pretty hard when reading this.

Anyway, Slattern stomps him.

Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: Listen you idiot. This is a comic forum, who needs no freaking maths and science here. Comic/Film characters doesn't apply to science or those bullshit stuff. You wanna start a flame war, then lets do it!!! Or are you too scared.

Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute: You wanna know what else's wrong? Your face!!!

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By kyrees

@kid_cool: barring the intentional flame war you're going to instigate, science is needed here because without it, anyone can say a mere mortal can defeat a god using his finger. realism is still a fine point here.

Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: He started it. But really, this is a Comic forum, science isn 't really important.

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@kid_cool: The cloverfield monster was killed by conventional weapons via the hammer down protocol.

Slattern took 1.4 megatons of TNT equivalence to the face, underwater where the pressure would be massively magnified.

And anyone who thinks Cloverfield would be anymore than a minor nuisance to a Jaeger is full of it.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By kyrees

@kid_cool: science is important in this forum because that is where we set our benchmarks for any arguments or else it would just be a no bars pissing contest or worse, a favoritism war aka "he/she is my favorite char therefore he/she wins"

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread has turned into one were people are disagreeing on which levels Clover gets stomped, if all agree Slattern wins then its time to lock the thread

@god_spawn

Avatar image for temporal_guardian
Temporal_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers