#1 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3159 posts) - - Show Bio

Already did a Slade Vs. Donatello fight. Figured I'd do one where he takes on Raphael instead. Can Slade defeat the hot-tempered turtle?

Versus

#2 Posted by Cable_Extreme (8689 posts) - - Show Bio

Define which Slade, the comicbook Slade? IF so then it would be a curbstomp with Slade the victor, if it is the one in the picture, I am not familiar with his feats.

#3 Edited by shroudofsorrow (3159 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: The one in the picture. His main feat is curbstomping Robin repeatedly though in some of their fights Robin did at least put up a fight. He also defeated a servant of Trigon, albeit by using explosives. When attacked by all of the Titans simultaneously though he got his butt kicked. He was also put above 4Kids Donatello, though no real reasons were ever given as to why.

#4 Edited by Cable_Extreme (8689 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: The one in the picture. His main feat is curbstomping Robin repeatedly though in some of their fights Robin did at least put up a fight. He also defeated a servant of Trigon, albeit by using explosives. When attacked by all of the Titans simultaneously though he got his butt kicked. He was also put above 4Kids Donatello, though no real reasons were ever given as to why.

Well, this is not the Comic version seeing how Robin would stand no chance vs Slade in a real situation, i'd say the turtle takes it since he has far more feats.

#5 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3159 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, this is not the Comic version seeing how Robin would stand no chance vs Slade in a real situation

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Slade has curbstomped Robin before. What do you mean by "real situation"?

I'd say the turtle takes it since he has far more feats.

Greater number of feats does not necessarily constitute superiority. A character who's one showing was beating say, Batman, is going to be above someone who's many many showings don't put them anywhere near Batman's level. Having said that, I am inclined to agree that Raphael likely wins a majority. He's pretty fearsome and vicious, and if Beast Boy's claws in Tiger form could injure Slade I'm pretty confident Raph's sais could too.

#6 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Raph.

#7 Posted by never give up (9497 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade would win. Raphael is a hot head, that's the worst quality to have against someone like Slade.

#8 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3159 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#9 Edited by Cable_Extreme (8689 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:

Well, this is not the Comic version seeing how Robin would stand no chance vs Slade in a real situation

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Slade has curbstomped Robin before. What do you mean by "real situation"?

@cable_extreme said:

I'd say the turtle takes it since he has far more feats.

Greater number of feats does not necessarily constitute superiority. A character who's one showing was beating say, Batman, is going to be above someone who's many many showings don't put them anywhere near Batman's level. Having said that, I am inclined to agree that Raphael likely wins a majority. He's pretty fearsome and vicious, and if Beast Boy's claws in Tiger form could injure Slade I'm pretty confident Raph's sais could too.

We can only judge people based on what they have shown. This version of Slade has dueled a young robin a few times and was challenging for both. It is a show that young kids can watch robin vs Slade. My favorite comic book character is Deathstroke, but this version of slade is completely different than in the comics. In the comics he has bested Batman, even part of the justice league, yet here he is in this show fooling around with robin like he is a threat. They make Slade a bit of a joke imo. He has no real feats but being evasive and sparring robin every now and then, he isn't really shown much, so he has no feats to correctly place him above Raphael. Using feats is really the only way to back up an arguement and if all he has is duels with Robin, then he has nothing.

#10 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade would win. Raphael is a hot head, that's the worst quality to have against someone like Slade.

This.

#11 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11834 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade for sure, displayed far more skill as well as control in battle. Not to mention speed and durability, he got his sh*t wrecked by T-Rex Beast Boy and was still alive. He'd totally manipulate Raph and get into his head worse than Mikey did during that tournament....hated that episode though, totally wanted Raph to win.

#12 Posted by Oase (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Raph wins. This Slade isn't that strong, Robin once beat him and Raphael is a better fighter than Robin.

#13 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11834 posts) - - Show Bio

@oase said:

Raph wins. This Slade isn't that strong, Robin once beat him and Raphael is a better fighter than Robin.

horrible argument, as Slade repeatedly stomps on Robin all the time, the only Slade robin beat was a robot clone. Raph lost to Mikey by losing his temper and acting stupid .... Slade is also that strong. He was beating up beast boy while in animal form

#14 Posted by Oase (39 posts) - - Show Bio

@oase said:

horrible argument, as Slade repeatedly stomps on Robin all the time, the only Slade robin beat was a robot clone. Raph lost to Mikey by losing his temper and acting stupid .... Slade is also that strong. He was beating up beast boy while in animal form

Can Slade beat Beast Boy as a T.rex? No. The Titans also defeated Slade. Raph lost to Mikey, but he's losing his temper and he's a bit weaker. The 2012 Raphael would kick Slade's ass though. This version of Deathstroke is weaker than the comics and would probably put up a good fight, but loses. And I said it before, Robin defeated Slade once, so Raph could do it.

#15 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11834 posts) - - Show Bio

@oase said:

Slade repeatedly stomps on Robin all the time, the only Slade robin beat was a robot clone. Raph lost to Mikey by losing his temper and acting stupid .... Slade is also that strong. He was beating up beast boy while in animal form

@oase said:

Can Slade beat Beast Boy as a T.rex? No. The Titans also defeated Slade. Raph lost to Mikey, but he's losing his temper and he's a bit weaker. The 2012 Raphael would kick Slade's ass though. This version of Deathstroke is weaker than the comics and would probably put up a good fight, but loses. And I said it before, Robin defeated Slade once, so Raph could do it.

Apparently you can't read, Raph isn't a T-Rex. he's a turtle and he'd lose his mind trying to fight slade and die trying.

#16 Edited by dondave (34666 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade

#17 Posted by never give up (9497 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade wins lol.

#18 Posted by russellmania77 (14618 posts) - - Show Bio

raph was more impressive on the show than slade was

#19 Posted by Oase (39 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days said:

@oase said:

Slade repeatedly stomps on Robin all the time, the only Slade robin beat was a robot clone. Raph lost to Mikey by losing his temper and acting stupid .... Slade is also that strong. He was beating up beast boy while in animal form

@oase said:

Apparently you can't read, Raph isn't a T-Rex. he's a turtle and he'd lose his mind trying to fight slade and die trying.

Where did you get that? Robin broke Slade's mask when he became his apprentice. Get your facts right, you idiot. The 2012 Raphael would kick Slade's ass, just like the 1987 one, and this one. And Raph has better durability and strength than Robib, he's a mutated turtle.

I know Raph isn't a T.rex, and the proper spelling is T.rex, not T-Rex. Raph is stronger than a normal human, he would stab Slade's back with his Sai then rips his head off. Raph wins. END OF STORY

#20 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11834 posts) - - Show Bio

@oase: that's a nice childlike imagination .... too bad you can't prove what you say cus Raph has a history of getting his ass kicked by anyone who isn't cannon fodder, Slade out strips him in skill and speed by miles and he displays this in every fight he has. Name calling? LOL Childlike indeed, grow up.

#22 Posted by mrtaco (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade wins this without much difficulty.

Reasoning is he is faster and stronger than raph. And he would just use his weapons on him. Make this a little fairer. Give slade a sword and make raph bloodlusted. Then you have a match

#23 Edited by Oase (39 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtaco said:

Slade wins this without much difficulty.

Reasoning is he is faster and stronger than raph. And he would just use his weapons on him. Make this a little fairer. Give slade a sword and make raph bloodlusted. Then you have a match

The only problem here is that the Teen Titans Slade doesn't use any kind of weapon. And He's not "Stronger". Raph is a mutant turtle, giving him above-human level of strength and durability. He is also the strongest out of the 4 turtles and if he gets his hands on Deathstroke, he would kick his ass.

#24 Edited by sync1 (2870 posts) - - Show Bio

@never_give_up said:

This.

QFT

#25 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3436 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Ralph would stomp but this Ralph loses because his temper and focus sucks terribly.

#28 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11834 posts) - - Show Bio

@oase said:

@ancient_0f_days: Have you got nothing better to do than watch yourself dying, or go watch your comic books float away. Or go watch your precious Slade turn on you and rip you apart, you sad, sad, very sad, stupid imbecile. Deathstroke has a childhood filled with being hated by dudes. Raph beats him in strength, stealth, and durability. Use your fucking brain, you faggot.

Aww, you called me a stupid, imbecilic bundle of sticks...I'm so offended by that I think I'll go throw all my f*cks away, just throw em all in the trash, every single last one until not a single f*ck can be given. Look at you getting so pissed off cus I don't think your favorite tv show character can beat another, really look at yourself at ask yourself "what the hell am I doing?"...cus you're throwing a hissy fit over the internet which is something undisciplined children do over just about anything that displeases them...if you can't behave yourself like an adult then I don't think this is the place for you. You've repeatedly insulted me profanely and can't seem to control yourself over a difference in opinion, I'm not gonna be the one to reel you in as it isn't my place to .... If you think I offended you by saying you can't read, act like a child or in any way made you mad bro, oops, my bad. Maybe you should read more closely to what I type and get your act together, I can't make you do anything so whatever happens next is on you. In any case I'll actually apologize if you think I insulted you, but you're not just gonna curse me out like that without some backlash bro ...

@deranged_midget @god_spawn @vance_astro

#29 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11834 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh-oh, someone didn't get their bottle today.

You need to relax yourself, kid.

Just flag the kid, he'll have to learn the hard way.

#30 Posted by sync1 (2870 posts) - - Show Bio

@oase said:

@batman242 said:

@oase said:

@ancient_0f_days: Have you got nothing better to do than watch yourself dying, or go watch your comic books float away. Or go watch your precious Slade turn on you and rip you apart, you sad, sad, very sad, stupid imbecile. Deathstroke has a childhood filled with being hated by dudes. Raph beats him in strength, stealth, and durability. Use your fucking brain, you faggot.

Shut your damn fucking mouth up, you twit. And I ain't drinking nor eating today.

Wait wait wait. Out of all the insults in the world... you chose "Twit" ?

#31 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11834 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1: my guess is it makes him feel like an intellectual, but that's just me...I bet he has his reasons

#32 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade.

#34 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11834 posts) - - Show Bio

@oase said:

The only problem here is that the Teen Titans Slade doesn't use any kind of weapon.

So Slade never had an extendable staff that he used to fight Robin with during Apprentice? Seems legit!!!

#35 Posted by Oase (39 posts) - - Show Bio

@oase said:

The only problem here is that the Teen Titans Slade doesn't use any kind of weapon.

So Slade never had an extendable staff that he used to fight Robin with during Apprentice? Seems legit!!!

The only thing that happened to that staff is that he rarely uses it nor carries it.

#36 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

The Banhammer comes to those who wait....

#37 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11834 posts) - - Show Bio

@oase said:

The only thing that happened to that staff is that he rarely uses it nor carries it.

He pulled it out of his belt, but you said quite clearly and I quote........

@oase said:

"doesn't use any kind of weapon"......sounds like you were pretty sure about that, seems like you were very unsurprisingly wrong

#38 Posted by mrtaco (38 posts) - - Show Bio

The reason slade from the show doesnt use weapons. Is he took more of a mastermind villain than a hands on kind of bad guy. So yeah slade would probably lose to raph. But if you give both prep tume them slade will win. He is smarter than raph. But if we are going by comics. Slade"deathstroke" destroys raph so bad its not even funny

#39 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11834 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtaco: I think Slade presented himself as a more skilled and disciplined fighter than Raph from TMNT, not to mention consistently faster. Always controlled his environment, manipulated the opponent's emotions to throw them off and get the upper hand. Raph, known and famous for being the TMNT's hot head, would conceivably be pretty easy for Slade to mess with due to his emotion being displayed in everything he does and it has cost several battles in the past including one against his own brother Mikey. The only reason he lost was because he lost his head, Slade is very good at that since like you said he is more of a mastermind in the Teen Titans show. He'd figure out Raph's weakness is his rage and exploit it, he may not have much to go on but the master mind he is he should be able to figure it out and capitalize on it for the win. Remember, Raph in the show hasn't had nearly as much training as Slade and it shows frequently. You get where I'm coming from.

#40 Edited by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio
@oase said:

@batman242 said:

@oase said:

Shut your damn fucking mouth up, you twit. And I ain't drinking nor eating today.

When I said bottle, I was referring to a baby's bottle.... because you're acting like a baby. There's ZERO need for you to act the way you're acting. You're not even bringing valid points. Just try harder.

Good day.

#41 Posted by mrtaco (38 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: yes I do agree with what you said. I wonder if oase will come up with some weird ass reasoning for raph to beat comic book deathstroke. That will be entertainig to read...