Slaanesh (WH40K) vs Shub-Niggurath (The Cthulhu Mythos)

• 71 results
jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Slaanesh (Warhammer 40K)
Slaanesh (Warhammer 40K)

VS

Shub-Niggurath (The Cthulhu Mythos)
Shub-Niggurath (The Cthulhu Mythos)

Round 1:

Takes place in Shub-Niggurath's realm.

Round 2:

Takes place in the Warp.

Round 3:

Takes place in a neutral universe.

Rules for all three rounds:

• Both are in character.
  • Both are at their most powerful.
  • All available feats from the 40K lore are valid for Slaanesh in this battle
  • All available feats from the Mythos and BOOM! Studios comics are valid for Shub-Niggurath in this battle.
  • No BFR.
  • Win by KO.

WHO WINS AND WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Batman via prep time

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warhammer and Warhammer 40k Daemonlords (... "gods"..) can't compare to the Ancient Ones.

This is a mismatch. It would be like trying to argue who wins between Cyclops and the Living Tribunal, only worse.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunk said:

Warhammer and Warhammer 40k Daemonlords (... "gods"..) can't compare to the Ancient Ones.

This is a mismatch. It would be like trying to argue who wins between Cyclops and the Living Tribunal, only worse.

Are you trolling or something?

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

@hunk said:

Superman Prime solos

Yuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

@hunk said:

No Caption Provided

This is Shub-Niggurath, born from The Darkness. The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young. A miasmic form that continually spews forth young that either escape or are reconsumed into the glory that is Shub-Niggurath.

Of the Cthulhu deities, Shub-Niggurath is probably the most worshipped, meaning her cultists are numerous, far beyond the worshippers of Slaanesh. Her worshippers range from mortals, to the Fungi of Yuggoth (you know, the Mi-Go).

It is said that Shub-Niggurath mated with Hastur, the King in Yellow himself, and spawned such creatures as Yig, Zhar and Lloigor. It is also said that she resides at the court of Azathoth at the center of the universe.

In line with the other Ancient Ones in Lovecrafts Cthulhu mythos, these being are powerful beyond comparison, and are often spoken of as though the power they hold is beyond mortal comprehension. The power are so far beyond that of the Warhammer gods, like the Immortal Emperor, Sigmar, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, Nurgle or Khorne. Slaanesh corrupted Fulgrim during the Horus Heresy, and had part in the Primarches fall to both Chaos and each other. That is all fine and good, but Slaanesh has never been known as the warrior nor a mage. He/she is the god of perversion, lust and pleasure. While powerful, for sure, enteties such as Shub-Niggurath, Yog-Sothoth, Azathoth, Cthulhu and other deities in Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos are so powerful we can't really discuss them as we do not comprehend the level of power they reside over. It is impossible.

I am not a troll, I am just very very interested in the works of Robert Chambers and H.P. Lovecraft - and I hold their creations far above any other cosmic enteties in any other mythos. I guess that makes be biased, but I am truly adamant in the fact that they are more powerful than anything else.

In all three scenarios, I see Shub-Niggurath consuming Slaanesh. I have played Warhammer Fantasy and 40k since for 20 years. I have read the Horus Heresy, I have consumed so much literature on the Warhammer mythos, but I can't compare them. I won't. I feel that it cannot be done, for we as mortal beings, do not comprehend or fathom the power that is within the creatures in the Chambers/Lovecraft mythos.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jwwprod

@hunk: Yea I'm a Lovecraft fan as well.

And the reason I said you were trolling was because you said that "It would be like trying to argue who wins between Cyclops and the Living Tribunal, only worse" Which did seem a bit to far.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunk: @jwwprod: personally I think Moorcock's God's are up there too.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Don't know anything about the Cthulhu Mythos unfortunately. So I can't comment.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

I cannot say for sure about this one.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure about the end, but Slaanesh would like it either way.

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunk: funny.

Funny how Shub-Niggurath outclasses Slaanesh by far, or that you have zero arguements for your biased favoring of Slaanesh?

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:

Not sure about the end, but Slaanesh would like it either way.

All those tentacles.

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slaanesh gonna win this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slaanesh may win this MAYBE.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SinnTek1

@hunk said:

This is Shub-Niggurath, born from The Darkness. The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young. A miasmic form that continually spews forth young that either escape or are reconsumed into the glory that is Shub-Niggurath.

Of the Cthulhu deities, Shub-Niggurath is probably the most worshipped, meaning her cultists are numerous, far beyond the worshippers of Slaanesh. Her worshippers range from mortals, to the Fungi of Yuggoth (you know, the Mi-Go).

It is said that Shub-Niggurath mated with Hastur, the King in Yellow himself, and spawned such creatures as Yig, Zhar and Lloigor. It is also said that she resides at the court of Azathoth at the center of the universe.

In line with the other Ancient Ones in Lovecrafts Cthulhu mythos, these being are powerful beyond comparison, and are often spoken of as though the power they hold is beyond mortal comprehension. The power are so far beyond that of the Warhammer gods, like the Immortal Emperor, Sigmar, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, Nurgle or Khorne. Slaanesh corrupted Fulgrim during the Horus Heresy, and had part in the Primarches fall to both Chaos and each other. That is all fine and good, but Slaanesh has never been known as the warrior nor a mage. He/she is the god of perversion, lust and pleasure. While powerful, for sure, enteties such as Shub-Niggurath, Yog-Sothoth, Azathoth, Cthulhu and other deities in Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos are so powerful we can't really discuss them as we do not comprehend the level of power they reside over. It is impossible.

I am not a troll, I am just very very interested in the works of Robert Chambers and H.P. Lovecraft - and I hold their creations far above any other cosmic enteties in any other mythos. I guess that makes be biased, but I am truly adamant in the fact that they are more powerful than anything else.

In all three scenarios, I see Shub-Niggurath consuming Slaanesh. I have played Warhammer Fantasy and 40k since for 20 years. I have read the Horus Heresy, I have consumed so much literature on the Warhammer mythos, but I can't compare them. I won't. I feel that it cannot be done, for we as mortal beings, do not comprehend or fathom the power that is within the creatures in the Chambers/Lovecraft mythos.

What they said ^.

DoctorCox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slaneeshi feats include casual universe busting.

Does Shub-Niggurath even have any feats?

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really, the only one he really has was mind bending in one instance of Lovecraft story-telling. He doesn't have many feats that are able to be proven as it is description / lore in the majority of his stories.

DoctorCox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DoctorCox

@sinntek1 said:

@doctorcox said:

Not really, the only one he really has was mind bending in one instance of Lovecraft story-telling. He doesn't have many feats that are able to be proven as it is description / lore in the majority of his stories.

Yea, that's what I'd found just doing some searching, so why did OP bother making the thread?

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinntek1 said:

@doctorcox said:

Yea, that's what I'd found just doing some searching, so why did OP bother making the thread?

It would be an interesting fight based on Shub's assumed lore feats. That would be my guess.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Shub-Niggurath

R2: Slaanesh

R3: It could go either way

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way Slaanesh could win any round.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall said:

No way Slaanesh could win any round.

Why?

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod: Shub is out of it's league by far.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

rickythanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*reads title*

WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST CALL ME.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Niggur wins.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickythanos said:

*reads title*

??????????

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9
deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can Shub Niggurath create or destroy universes?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rickythanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

@rickythanos said:

*reads title*

??????????

LOL it was a joke :p

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

NDNboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While Slaanesh is the youngest of the Chaos Gods, and the weakest mind you

"Of the Cthulhu deities, Shub-Niggurath is probably the most worshipped, meaning her cultists are numerous, far beyond the worshippers of Slaanesh. Her worshippers range from mortals, to the Fungi of Yuggoth (you know, the Mi-Go)."

It is within the power of Slaanesh to gather followers easily, this is shown in his ability to fight Khorne and his ilk, therefore Slaanesh has the potential to become more powerful with time, in direct conflict I give this Shub-Niggurath, but if Slaanesh was given the opportunity and time he needed to gain a vast following all that energy of desire and indulgence could be enough to fuel him, he did it with the eldar gods, and desire is easy to manipulate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Flyingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Flyingcliffs
jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flyingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

@flyingcliffs said:

Bump.

Shub Niggurath is above infinite dimensional space-time. So Slaanesh has zero chances.

Then why the hell did you bump this thread then?

For final opinion. Dimensionless god (Shub-Niggurath) > > > 9-dimensional gods (Chaos Gods)

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flyingcliffs said:

@jwwprod said:

@flyingcliffs said:

Bump.

Shub Niggurath is above infinite dimensional space-time. So Slaanesh has zero chances.

For final opinion. Dimensionless god (Shub-Niggurath) > > > 9-dimensional gods (Chaos Gods)

You shouldn't be bumping threads if you think their mismatches.

Flyingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

@flyingcliffs said:

@jwwprod said:

@flyingcliffs said:

Bump.

You shouldn't be bumping threads if you think their mismatches.

Ok

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunk said:
@jwwprod said:

@hunk said:

No Caption Provided

So, does Shub-Niggurath have any feats, or are you just going by baseless statements?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Wut

Not sure why everyone is saying Slaanesh is the weakest chaos god. At her strongest, she was the equal of Khorne.

Round 1:

Shub-Niggurath

Round 2:

Slannesh

Round 3:

By feats? Slaanesh. By hype? Shub-Niggurath.

EDIT: I don't think people understand that 'nine dimension' thing.

They aren't referring to dimensions such as:

Earth-1, Earth-2, etc. The Warp runs through millions of those ('uncountable' as it were). Which is the same for Shub-Niggurath.

What they mean by nine dimensions is like Mr. Mxy.

... Okay, look at it this way.

-----Earth-1-------Earth-2------Earth-3----

These are all 'lateral' dimensions within the third dimension (which is the one we are in, the world around us is three dimensional).

Now, by 'nine dimensions' they mean like this:

First Dimension (line on a paper)

Second Dimension (a box on a piece of paper)

Third Dimension (our dimension, length, width and depth)

Fourth Dimension (Next dimension)

and so on until it reaches the 'ninth' dimension.

The 'nine' dimensions are vertical, they are... not the same dimensions as people assume they are.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#49  Edited By Keenko

I love HP Lovecraft's creations being in the battle threads but it's so hard to debate for them because a lot of his writings about the strength and power level of them are based on the fact that we can hardly begin to comprehend them and their abilities, it's part of what makes his writings so creepy.

I definitely need to read more Lovecraft tho.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: how would the other chaos gods do in this fight?