#51  Edited By PrinceAragorn1
Avatar image for deactivated-57d17cb96c7fc
deactivated-57d17cb96c7fc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@princearagorn1: Coming from me, a user who uses facts, logic and feats? Lol you fail hard

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ben_coby:

1. Wonder what you are basing that on because when he uses slow time third word, everything remains frozen.

No, it doesn't. It's in slow motion.

I know the whirlwind sprint only increases travel speed but when used with the slow time Dova can use it for gorilla tactics. Or evade and counter with some range attacks of his own.

1. When has lore dragonborn combined shouts?

Assuming you post something saying he has:

2. I don't see how that combination puts him past high tier street level in speed, or is anywhere near enough to stop pain from blitzing his head off.

2. What cap?. He only neededs to build up fortify enchanting then disenchant something like amulet of talos then apply the enchantment on about 80-90 percent of his gear to make shout cool down time zero.

The official cap was originally at level 81, but meh. We can ignore that and take he has 100 skills anywhere. Can you site any lore evidence that spells can be cast without magica or shouts can have zero cool down time and so on as the game mechanics allow? Playing skyrim for so many hours, I have never read anything saying it's not just exploitation of game mechanics.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mkgod said:

@princearagorn1: me, a user who uses facts, logic and feats?

lol, joke #2

Lol you fail hard

And coming from you, that's joke #3.

ben_coby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, it doesn't. It's in slow motion.

I used the shout a couple of minutes ago and it is not slow motion like the first word. The third word basically freezes the opponent.

1. When has lore dragonborn combined shouts?

You still do not have prof that he cannot follow up a shot after the cool down. He should be able to do it, it is the game mechanics that made it so he couldn't with cool downs. I have already showed you how the cool down can be bypassed.

Assuming you post something saying he has:

2. I don't see how that combination puts him past high tier street level in speed, or is anywhere near enough to stop pain from blitzing his head off.

I was playing the game without cool downs and I was able to do it. However I cannot post the screen now maybe later. You see you are not showing anything to prove Pain has the speed to react, The third word of the whirlwind sprint allows the Dova to travel long distances in under a second.

The official cap was originally at level 81, but meh. We can ignore that and take he has 100 skills anywhere. Can you site any lore evidence that spells can be cast without magica or shouts can have zero cool down time and so on as the game mechanics allow? Playing skyrim for so many hours, I have never read anything saying it's not just exploitation of game mechanics.

Really 81?, i wish i had a reference for that. But it wouldn't be any sort of exploitations if Dova is at level 100 on enchanting and Alchemy there he can basically make shouts cool down zero. As for spells I he really needs magica to be able to cast them.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By cooljammy18

@ben_coby: Slow Time doesn't freeze the opponents, it only slows them down. Each Word of Power only adds longer time duration and slightly slows them down further. You can amplify the effects when in Dragon Aspect mode and/or you're a Vampire with the Necromage perk, or have the Stability perk from the Alteration tree, but it still doesn't freeze the opponent completely. Lets not ignore the fact the Dragonborn him/herself is effected by this as well. People keep acting like Dovahkiin is going full Zoom when utilizing this Shout, but that isn't the case. He/she's faster than the environment but is still not at normal speed. I know all of this for a fact, I play Skyrim like 24/7 lol.

I also consider myself very knowledgeable of the TES lore as a whole, and I think people tend to add conjecture to the Dragonborn's abilities. To be fair, I have a hard time seeing Dovahkiin take on all 6 Paths.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By cooljammy18

Also, the Shout Cooldown is just a gameplay mechanic, a dumb one, to prevent us from being overpowered and blowing through the game. Wulfarth, Jurgen and the Ancient Tongues back in the day were f****** sh*t up left and right and taking it to the Chimer with their Thu'um and based off of what was witnessed, written in multiple texts, there is zero implication that people needed to rest after a single shout. Quite the contrary actually.

Also, the Dragonborn can combine shouts, if you use the fortify restoration glitch or on the PC, best version easily, and just simply disable the cooldown you can do it easily. Using Whirlwind Sprint with Slow Time is just counter productive since it doesn't yield the same results.

Anyway, Dovahkiin is extremely powerful, but people must not know a lot about Pein or are just writing him off because he's a Naruto character. The dude is a casual city buster, can steal souls, has insane durability, can manipulate gravity, definitely better at H2H combat, summon massive creatures, launch effing missiles etc. All 6 Paths, which all are connected to each other and see the same thing, combined with their abilities and such...man Deva Path alone would be a tough fight..

Again, I don't see Dovahkiin walking out of this unscathed. Definitely not stomping this either lol.

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pein loses

Avatar image for purple_d_dragon
Purple_D_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooljammy18: your only mistake is this one, he is not a casual city buster. he needs to disable most of his bodies and focus his chakra for such attack and after that he can't use his Deva powers for several minutes.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By cooljammy18

@cooljammy18: your only mistake is this one, he is not a casual city buster. he needs to disable most of his bodies and focus his chakra for such attack and after that he can't use his Deva powers for several minutes.

Thanks for the correction, been a while since I really delve into the character. So, you basically agreed with my comment I assuming?

Avatar image for purple_d_dragon
Purple_D_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooljammy18: well, the Lore and the game mechanics are hard to connect. but he is an Insland Buster with shouts, and if he posses the Auriel Shield (from Lore) then he is basically immortal. and other Daedric and Aedric artefacts can give Dragonborn the win here. I don't see how Pain has a counter for Wabbajack.

AscendingSoup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3. Bend will actually could work here - Miraak hasn't enslaved any dimensions that I know of, though.

Someone hasn't played Dragonborn i presume?

As for the "Speed Blitz" thing people in favor of the peins here are shouting we don't exactly know the dovahkiin's speed. For all we know he could be faster. So really it's kinda moot. And considering he can travel a continent in a little less than a couple hours he's pretty darn fast imo.

The Drain Vitality shout seems like another effective shout that could effectively render a Pein Body useless.

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ben_coby said:

@PrinceAragorn1

The third word of slow time when used with the third word of whirlwind sprint should be enough to make Dova keep up with pain.

I just hope some one could calc that.

lol, no.

a) Slow time doesn't make him faster than mid street level based on what I've seen.

b) when has he combined two shouts in the lore? Need some proof here.

c) Whirlwind sprint is only movement speed. elemental fury would be closer, but that only makes his weapon faster. He won't be able to physically keep up with pain in either case.

2. It is not game exploit when OP says Dova is at full power. A full power Dova would have 100 at all perk points.

Without the level cap, he'd get 81 perks, but let's say he has 100 in all perk points. So? You can exploit alchemy and enchanting to make spells cost zero magica. However, no book or anything at all supports something like this is done by anyone in skyrim.

-What ? Did you even play skyrim ?

-He can use shouts effortlessly , why would he need to combine them.

-He doesn't need to via time hax.

Game stats don't matter , this is lore Dova.

AscendingSoup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooljammy18: well, the Lore and the game mechanics are hard to connect. but he is an Insland Buster with shouts, and if he posses the Auriel Shield (from Lore) then he is basically immortal. and other Daedric and Aedric artefacts can give Dragonborn the win here. I don't see how Pain has a counter for Wabbajack.

He also Merunes Razor, which could kill anything in one hit (albeit rarely)

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By cooljammy18

@ascendingsoup said:
@princearagorn1 said:

3. Bend will actually could work here - Miraak hasn't enslaved any dimensions that I know of, though.

Someone hasn't played Dragonborn i presume?

As for the "Speed Blitz" thing people in favor of the peins here are shouting we don't exactly know the dovahkiin's speed. For all we know he could be faster. So really it's kinda moot. And considering he can travel a continent in a little less than a couple hours he's pretty darn fast imo.

The Drain Vitality shout seems like another effective shout that could effectively render a Pein Body useless.

Well he's right that Miraak hasn't enslaved a "dimension." He managed to effectively mind control a decent proportion of Solstheim and had his own personal dragon squad, but nothing dimension relation, especially not Apocrypha, Mora merely tolerated him and used him as bait to lure Dovahkiin there.

ben_coby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ben_coby: Slow Time doesn't freeze the opponents, it only slows them down. Each Word of Power only adds longer time duration and slightly slows them down further. You can amplify the effects when in Dragon Aspect mode and/or you're a Vampire with the Necromage perk, or have the Stability perk from the Alteration tree, but it still doesn't freeze the opponent completely.

Yea, you are right. But the amount of time slowed down from the first word to the third is just ridiculous, the third word makes it seem like everything is been frozen.

Lets not ignore the fact the Dragonborn him/herself is effected by this as well. People keep acting like Dovahkiin is going full Zoom when utilizing this Shout, but that isn't the case. He/she's faster than the environment but is still not at normal speed. I know all of this for a fact, I play Skyrim like 24/7 lol.

Well wouldn't you say that is all part of game mechanics?, it is not like he isn't immune to his own shouts.

I also consider myself very knowledgeable of the TES lore as a whole, and I think people tend to add conjecture to the Dragonborn's abilities. To be fair, I have a hard time seeing Dovahkiin take on all 6 Paths.

Same here, in fact Deva path alone would give him hell.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn threads are always hilarious.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By cooljammy18

@ben_coby said:
@cooljammy18 said:

@ben_coby: Slow Time doesn't freeze the opponents, it only slows them down. Each Word of Power only adds longer time duration and slightly slows them down further. You can amplify the effects when in Dragon Aspect mode and/or you're a Vampire with the Necromage perk, or have the Stability perk from the Alteration tree, but it still doesn't freeze the opponent completely.

Yea, you are right. But the amount of time slowed down from the first word to the third is just ridiculous, the third word makes it seem like everything is been frozen.

Lets not ignore the fact the Dragonborn him/herself is effected by this as well. People keep acting like Dovahkiin is going full Zoom when utilizing this Shout, but that isn't the case. He/she's faster than the environment but is still not at normal speed. I know all of this for a fact, I play Skyrim like 24/7 lol.

Well wouldn't you say that is all part of game mechanics?, it is not like he isn't immune to his own shouts.

It could be gameplay mechanics now thinking about it. It would still be tough to fight Pein though.

I kind of see it like this, Dragonborn definitely has the power to defeat Pein, but Pein has a ton of hax and abilities that would make it hard for the Dragonborn to make full use of his/her own power, not to mention the physical edge Nagato has with the Six Paths. What's to keep the Deva Path from simply freezing Dovahkiin with gravity manipulation and just have the other paths wail on him in an instant? I mean, if you were to give the Dragonborn the physicality of a Sage Mode Naruto I think he could possibly take it, he just has a lot against him here. I can't say for sure just how fast DB actually is though, but it's applied that he/she is definitely peaked level considering the list of villains and enemies you fight on a normal basis. Don't know if it's good enough to just dodge physical blows from Pein though.

DB's best bet is remaining on the defensive and strategically using Shouts like Storm Call to create a diversion and be in an Ethereal state to avoid damage, and look for a possible opening. Easier said than done.

ben_coby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ben_coby said:
@cooljammy18 said:

It could be gameplay mechanics now thinking about it. It would still be tough to fight Pein though.

Okay yeah

I kind of see it like this, Dragonborn definitely has the power to defeat Pein, but Pein has a ton of hax and abilities that would make it hard for the Dragonborn to make full use of his/her own power, not to mention the physical edge Nagato has with the Six Paths. What's to keep the Deva Path from simply freezing Dovahkiin with gravity manipulation and just have the other paths wail on him in an instant?

If all the pains team up it could be stomp in their favour.

I mean, if you were to give the Dragonborn the physicality of a Sage Mode Naruto I think he could possibly take it, he just has a lot against him here. I can't say for sure just how fast DB actually is though, but it's applied that he/she is definitely peaked level considering the list of villains and enemies you fight on a normal basis. Don't know if it's good enough to just dodge physical blows from Pein though.

Dova's durability is crappy, but shouts like become ethereal would solve that problem

DB's best bet is remaining on the defensive and strategically using Shouts like Storm Call to create a diversion and be in an Ethereal state to avoid damage, and look for a possible opening. Easier said than done.

I agree, if he is able to effective ly utilize his shouts properly he should give Deva path a run for his money.

Zenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are you guys forgetting etheral form shout. Sure he can't hit them in this form, but his shouts can.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're all missing the point. The Dragonborn can't keep up with Pain. In order to use Slow Time or any other shout he has to take an action BEFORE Pain hits him, which he cannot.

well, the Lore and the game mechanics are hard to connect. but he is an Insland Buster with shouts, and if he posses the Auriel Shield (from Lore) then he is basically immortal. and other Daedric and Aedric artefacts can give Dragonborn the win here. I don't see how Pain has a counter for Wabbajack.

Sub-island buster. Miraak and Vahlok didn't destroy an island during their fight. The combined might of their attacks over the course of the battle broke Solstheim away from the mainland. This makes them either sub-island busters or half of a sub-island buster depending on the specifics of the battle, since the legend doesn't go into detail. Dragonborn is stronger than Miraak, but we don't know by how much so assuming he's a full fledged island buster is a big leap. Plus this is also a very old legend that depicts levels of power that are contrary to what we see in the game, with no Word of God that specifically says what we see in the game isn't an accurate depiction of the Dragonborn. So it's an old legend vs what we can see in the game and in the STORY of the game, the story obviously being lore.

Auriel's shield doesn't have much in the way of lore. Like, one small paragraph in an old game manual saying what it does and no feats. It's a really dubious thing to hinge the bulk of an argument on, and without it the Dragonborn is in a really bad spot in terms of durability that, when combined with the massive speed difference, leads to a very quick death.

Chives_qte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Chives_qte

I know this is an old thread, but it really depends on the interpretation. Dovahkiin defeats Alduin with unknown difficulty, only we know for sure that he defeats him during the Eater of Worlds state. The argument that Alduin was weakened by "departing from his duties" is unfounded. The Elder Scrolls themselves (meaning things that literally control the narrative on an unknown but absurd level) tell us that Alduin's goal during the events of Skyrim IS EATING THE WORLD, so this argument doesn't make sense. The TLD fought Alduin when the latter was at its peak, in addition, it allows Miraak to be scaled well above Alduin - to the point where Miraak can defeat the Dragon God with one shot just as he did with the TLD. There are interpretations where Alduin devours the Mundus, that is, the unknown number (which is certainly over 11) of infinities that extend into infinity, where each expanding infinity has infinite alternate realities that embody every possibility. However, there are also interpretations where Alduin devours Nirn and not the entire Mundus, which would only put him on a universal + level. However, regardless of interpretation, Alduin possesses immeasurable speed, and the Dovahkiin according to Deus Ex Machina (Elder Scrolls) beats Alduin, so he must have at least the same speed as him. The conclusion is simple: TLD has immeasurable speed no matter what character it has.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TLD easily

Morningstar999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TLD solos the verse, mismatch and should be locked.

Darknessdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Fus Roh Daah solos the the verse.