Situation's where Superman is faster than The Flash.......

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for superboy_prime_10000
Superboy-Prime 10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

1.If it is an instellar flight Superman has to be faster,as he is the one who has to go to different planets.

1. If it is something practical like disabling a city full of hidden bombs like in that JLU episode.Since Superman has X-Ray vision Superman can locate them faster as The Flash would have to manually search for them.Also Superman can retrieve them faster as the bombs could be inside a wall or inside a safe-vaults(made with dense materials) which Superman can negate with his strength and this would be tougher for Flash to do. Even if they are inside lead Superman can still locate lead.

3.Superman will also be faster to read a library full of books as Flash will have to reach each and every book and turn the pages to read them while Superman can just fly to a certain point and read each and every book with his X-Ray vision without even touching them. So Superman does have more advantages due to combination of his other powers.

Any thoughts and opinions?Bring it on fanboys! I copied this from this website anyway.

Post" />http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/web/thread.jspa?messageID=2004128299?

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Gottheit

Title says:

"Situation's where Superman is faster than The Flash......."

In the bedroom?

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Ace High

Tbh with you I don't think any of those situations make Superman faster than the Flash. I mean he can't fly so of course Superman is gonna be better at him at interstellar travel. As for the other two things just because Superman doesn't have to physically pick up the books doesn't mean that his reading speed is faster than the flash's running speed (assuming we are talking about wally or bart and probably barry). Plus if the Flash ever counters something like a vault door he can just vibrate through it at superspeed so that doesn't really slow him down. I maen they have raced countless times and the best superman did was draw (and I believe that was post crisis). If Superman was faster than the Flash at anything then there wouldn't really be a point of the Flash existing.

Superboy-Prime 10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ace High says:

If Superman was faster than the Flash at anything then there wouldn't really be a point of the Flash existing.

I have to disagree here,as much as J'onn and Diana have abilities and skills that Superman does not, Flash, even were Superman to be as fast as him, has skills and abilities that Superman does not have, too, like time travel, momentum stealing, kinetic discharge, etc. Giving Superman equal to, or even superior than, Flash's speed doesn't change that.
Post Edited:2008-05-05 10:50:18

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By No_Name_

The Spartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The Spartan

Nice.....

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ace High

Superboy-Prime 10000 says:

"Ace High says:
If Superman was faster than the Flash at anything then there wouldn't really be a point of the Flash existing.
I have to disagree here,as much as J'onn and Diana have abilities and skills that Superman does not, Flash, even were Superman to be as fast as him, has skills and abilities that Superman does not have, too, like time travel, momentum stealing, kinetic discharge, etc. Giving Superman equal to, or even superior than, Flash's speed doesn't change that.
Post Edited:2008-05-05 10:50:18"

But none of this is proving that Superman is actually faster than The Flash at anything. (the video was taken down by the time I posted this so I dunno what it was showing.

Avatar image for ulitmateninjagaidenx
ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the flash is faster then superman.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By shanana

flash has to be faster than superman because that would defeat the purpose of him being the flash

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Satyrquaze

Flash is the Fastest Man Alive, accept no substitutes.

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kain Echnida

Sha says:

"flash has to be faster than superman because that would defeat the purpose of him being the flash"

Superman has beaten The Flash in races before. DC can't make up their minds about anything.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Satyrquaze

Situations where Flash is stronger than Superman:

1. Gaining infinite force or weight as he approaches light speed, resulting in extremely heavy blows.

2. In the bedroom.

ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that's why i hate dc sometimes, superman is only faster in flying, the flash post to be the fastest, damn i really don't get dc comics.

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ace High

Plus Superman isn't faster than flash flying because they had a race recently just after Linda left him and Superman couldn't catch up. He even tried to heat vision him and Flash outruns it saying "I am faster than Heat Vision". When has Superman ever beaten Flash in a race? I got the trade of all their best races and the best he could do was draw.

ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superboy-Prime 10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ace High says:

When has Superman ever beaten Flash in a race? "

Lol.

Superboy-Prime 10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ace High says:

"Plus Superman isn't faster than flash flying because they had a race recently just after Linda left him and Superman couldn't catch up.

Superman flying under the Earth's atmosphere is a completely different thing from flying in space.

Writer's usually shows that Superman travels thousands of times the speed of sound under Earth atmosphere(read Superman #13,do your own calculations),but he can surpass light speed in space(JLA # 51),most Superman writer's seems to agree with this,with the exception of Kurt Busiek,who insisted that Superman cannot go at Superluminal speed(because he thinks that going FTL without having problems like time-dilation is more suitable for Newtonian Universe rather than an Einsteinien Universe)

He even tried to heat vision him and Flash outruns it saying "I am faster than Heat Vision".

But nowhere does it stated in the Post-Crisis continuity that Superman's heat vision is faster than light(or sort).Even Wonder Woman could easily dodge/reflect Superman's heat vision with her bracelet.

Satyrquaze says:

Haha.But technically a man is the word we usually refer as human beings on Earth.Since Superman is from Krypton,this cannot be applied to him,right?

Ace High says:

As for the other two things just because Superman doesn't have to physically pick up the books doesn't mean that his reading speed is faster than the flash's running speed (assuming we are talking about wally or bart and probably barry).

Superman can read faster than a normal human being can.And better because his Kryptonian mind can actually help him to read a whole page rather than reading a page sentence's by sentence's if he choose to do that (or depends on the writers).

Plus if the Flash ever counters something like a vault door he can just vibrate through it at superspeed so that doesn't really slow him down.

Which is why I mentioned "made with dense material".Flash can vibrate through wall or stuff,but this usually depends on the density of the object,right?Because as I recall,there was a special dense material (in the future) that prevent speedster's from phasing them.I'm sure the current Flash would have to actually slow dowm a little while vibrating into denser walls or denser bank vaults.

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ace High

I am sure that Superman can read faster than normal humans. But last time I checked the Flash was not a normal human. There was one instance where the keystone bridge blew up and in 30 seconds Flash ran to the keystone library, read every book on bridge building and ran back and built a better bridge. Must be 100s of people that can do that right? Plus your not getting the point with the heat vision thing. Wonder Woman can dodge/parry but it reaches her. For the Flash it didn't even reach him as in he out ran the effects completely. Plus I agreed with you Superman is faster than the Flash IN SPACE BECAUSE FLASH CAN'T FLY. Thats like saying GREEN LANTERN IS BETTER THAN FLASH AT MAKING OBJECTS WITH A POWER RING. The funniest thing is aside from the space thing you still haven't given a proper example of Superman being faster than The Flash. As for the wall thing its all well and good bringing materials made from the future that are super dense but what if the walls had a lining of Kryptonite? Its all well and good setting your own parameters but in general comicdom bank vaults etc will not slow the Flash down.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zee crusher

Supermans speed is overrated really. The flash admits to letting him him win those races or superman said that he always felt flash holding back. In on comic flash couldn't stop running and superman couldn't catch him captain marvel had to. Superman isn't really faster then flash in anything. He just uses his speed in some pointless ways some times which the flash wouldn't do.

Also lastly superman would only beat him in terms of flight flash can't fly. How are we fanboys lol if you made this thread on superman unless you meant flash fanboys.

Avatar image for vlad_tepes_dracula
Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just waiting for Supreme Marvel to post ;D

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze says:

Haha.But technically a man is the word we usually refer as human beings on Earth.Since Superman is from Krypton,this cannot be applied to him,right?"

Actually, in this case "man" can just as easily translate to 'huMANoid'.

Sorry, Supes doesn't regularly hang out in and around the speed of light the way Flash does. I mean Flash is comfortable at those speeds and Supes generally looks visably strained as those speeds.

The only time to my knowledge that Supes has broken the light barrier was either with Flash's help or with a lot of physical effort on his part. Whereas, Flash breaks the light barrier on almost a daily basis. Hell, Barry could travel through time using only his super-speed.

I'm sorry your favorite comicbook character is a slower than the Flash, hopefully one day you'll come to terms with that.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#22  Edited By No_Name_

ulitmateninjagaidenx says:

" "

Aww that was really great, thanks for posting it. :o)

mantoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mantoid

This situation!

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"I'm just waiting for Supreme Marvel to post ;D"

Why me?

I agree on things he has stated. But I've always thought The Flash has faster reaction time than superman. And when Flash uses the speed force then he can go faster than light. it's been stated someone that, The Flash can go 2.7 times light.

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Last_Guardian

BatgirlBabs says:

""

just saw the whole episode..wow it's been a long time..thank you babs!

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By Supreme Marvel

obi wan kenobi! says:

"BatgirlBabs says:
"ulitmateninjagaidenx says:
" "

Aww that was really great, thanks for posting it. :o)"

man Flash is the bomb..but I personally like Wally West more than Barry Allen..."

Never actually agreed with the concepts that the animated world bring to the characters. They hold back on the character, maybe not Batman. But why would they have to hold back on him.

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Last_Guardian

BatgirlBabs says:

" "

man Flash is the bomb..but I personally like Wally West more than Barry Allen...

ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatgirlBabs says:

"http://www.youtube.com/v/53OyPYa7SEI&hl=en width=425 height=355 type=application/x-shockwave-flash wmode="transparent">"

your welcome hehehe.

Mighty Thorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 34

#29  Edited By Mighty Thorion

Kain Echnida says:

"Sha says:
"flash has to be faster than superman because that would defeat the purpose of him being the flash"
Superman has beaten The Flash in races before. DC can't make up their minds about anything."

Did I miss something? When did Superman beat the Flash in a race? In the Silver Age, they had 2 dead heats before the Flash (Barry Allen) won the third race by a whisker. Maybe something changed more recently? Wally West could only go 700mph for a while, so no doubt Superman could have beaten him at that point - and I'm sure Supes would have had no trouble beating that waste of space Bart Allen.

Superboy-Prime 10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Satyrquaze says:

Actually, in this case "man" can just as easily translate to 'hu*MAN*oid.

Agreed.

Sorry, Supes doesn't regularly hang out in and around the speed of light the way Flash does. I mean Flash is comfortable at those speeds and Supes generally looks visably strained as those speedsThe only time to my knowledge that Supes has broken the light barrier was either with Flash's help or with a lot of physical effort on his part.

Not really,read JLA:#51 for an example of this.Superman flew from Saturn to Earth in mere seconds(Without straining).

Note:This isn't the same issue where you debated about Superman gone from Saturn to Earth in 4 minutes in the thread "green lanturn vs superman".

Superboy-Prime 10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ace High says:

"Plus I agreed with you Superman is faster than the Flash IN SPACE BECAUSE FLASH CAN'T FLY. Thats like saying GREEN LANTERN IS BETTER THAN FLASH AT MAKING OBJECTS WITH A POWER RING.No.When I was saying that Superman could go faster in space than he could go on Earth,I wasn't trying to said that because he can fly(or sort).I'm just stating that Superman can't run as fast as Flash under Earth's atmosphere because some writers state that Superman might destroy the ozone/atmosphere layer if he were to travel that fast on Earth.Whereas Flash doesn't have to worry about the problem because the Speed Force basically protects him from the effects of acceleration,infinite energy...etc...etc...
The funniest thing is aside from the space thing you still haven't given a proper example of Superman being faster than The Flash.

I can't give you that,because the title of my thread is "Situations where Superman is faster than Flash",not "Superman is faster than The Flash".

what if the walls had a lining of Kryptonite?

It isn't often to have a wall line with Kryptonite.Whereas Bank vaults are usually made of denser alloys.Besides,if Flash doesn't know where to locate the bombs,how could he have possible to dismantle it?

Barry Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Barry Flash

The time Superman took to X-ray the bombs and then find them, Flash would still have the time to manually find and stop them all.

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ace High

What bank vaults are more likely to be made of super denser alloys from the future like you stated previously? Unless a wall or door has been specifically designed to stop The Flash from getting in I have yet to see his vibrational abilities let him down. Plus Barry and Supes have raced in space before (pre-crisis) and there was no clear winner. Anyways if no atmosphere and gravity etc makes Superman faster whats to say the it won't make the Flash faster? Like Barry Flash said and what I said before in regards to the reading books situation. It doesn't matter if he doesn't know exactly where they are, his sheer speed will allow him to find them regardless before Superman does, and like "Situations where Superman is faster than Flash" and "Superman is faster than The Flash" aren't the same thing.

A comprehensive list of all their races for people that want the heads up: http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/races.html

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Satyrquaze

"Not really,read JLA:#51 for an example of this.Superman flew from Saturn to Earth in mere seconds(Without straining). Note:This isn't the same issue where you debated about Superman gone from Saturn to Earth in 4 minutes in the thread "green lanturn vs superman". "

I'll check it out.

Although I'll note that DC writers are notorious for ignoring physics and basic laws of science when describing feats done by Superman. My question is, how can Superman travel faster than light when his power source is limited to light speed?

Barry Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Barry Flash

Satyrquaze says:

"Superboy-Prime 10000 says:
"Not really,read JLA:#51 for an example of this.Superman flew from Saturn to Earth in mere seconds(Without straining). Note:This isn't the same issue where you debated about Superman gone from Saturn to Earth in 4 minutes in the thread "green lanturn vs superman". "

I'll check it out.

Although I'll note that DC writers are notorious for ignoring physics and basic laws of science when describing feats done by Superman. My question is, how can Superman travel faster than light when his power source is limited to light speed?"

I thought Superman couldn't travel at Light Speed anymore.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Satyrquaze

Hypothetically travelling from Earth to Saturn in 4 minutes requires travelling at or near light-speed.

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Kain Echnida

Satyrquaze says:

"DC writers are notorious for ignoring physics and basic laws of science when describing feats done by Superman."

You can say that again.

Superboy-Prime 10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barry Flash says:

"The time Superman took to X-ray the bombs and then find them, Flash would still have the time to manually find and stop them all."

Yes,but if he doesn't know where was it,how could he dismantle it?

Superboy-Prime 10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ace High says:

"What bank vaults are more likely to be made of super denser alloys from the future like you stated previously? Unless a wall or door has been specifically designed to stop The Flash from getting in I have yet to see his vibrational abilities let him down.

No comment.You're right here.

Plus Barry and Supes have raced in space before (pre-crisis) and there was no clear winner. Anyways if no atmosphere and gravity etc makes Superman faster whats to say that it won't make the Flash faster?

But doesn't the speed force generates a "friction-less aura" to protect speedster from having friction with the air?

Like Barry Flash said and what I said before in regards to the reading books situation. It doesn't matter if he doesn't know exactly where they are, his sheer speed will allow him to find them regardless before Superman does

I'm just curious,how does the Flash find the bombs when he doesn't know where is the bomb located?Superman can use a combination of of his X-ray vision and telescopic vision to pinpoint the locations of the bombs.Granted if that bomb was ticking,Superman could even use his Super-hearing to locate where the bomb is.

But could you just tell me how can he locate the bomb.Travel back in time before the bomb was located?

Adamndrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Adamndrr

Flash gets his powers from the speed force, and the speed force is always increasing with every step he takes ergo flash's speed is immeasurable where as superman has his limits

peasantmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamndrr said:

@superboy_prime_10000: flash is faster than superman. Superman only won those races because flash let him. Flash cn read 500 books in an kilo second

resurrection! Also a kilosecond is 16 minutes and 40 seconds lol

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By thelocust619

@superboy_prime_10000: he finds the bomb by looking for it. He does that all the time, to entire cities. Its a pretty simple concept...he's just that much faster than supes. Brute force reasoning.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

look at pre-crisis