• 168 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba149167b2c0
deactivated-5ba149167b2c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No, Magneto doesn't solo. In fact, just about nobody here can claim a win over the team, just because they lack means for permanent incapacitation of Palpatine's essence state even if they do manage to kill him physically. It's a stalemate at best.

That being said, as far as I know, Magneto doesn't even compare with Palpatine in terms of sheer power, and is nowhere near fast enough to secure a win.

Also, Palpatine would utterly annihilate either Starkiller or Malgus, so it makes no sense for Magneto to only be possibly approached by those two, but then he can suddenly solo Bane, Plagueis and Palpatine? The latter two of whom would completely and utterly stomp either Starkiller or Malgus?

You do realize Magneto can kill them near instantly by manipulating the iron in their blood right?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By ShootingNova

@deathbyants: Didn't you hear what I said? You quoted my post but you didn't even read it?

Magneto is unable to do anything to Palpatine's essence even provided that he does kill them physically, and to be honest, he won't. He isn't anywhere near fast enough (Palpatine is easily near-relativistic in combat speed) to kill all three of them before he is killed himself. Frankly, Sidious could just possess Magneto afterwards, given that Magneto will not be able to suspect Palpatine's transcendental state, let alone do something against it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova said:

@deathbyants: Didn't you hear what I said? Magneto is unable to do anything to Palpatine's essence even provided that he does kill them physically, and to be honest, he won't. He isn't anywhere near fast enough (Palpatine is easily near-relativistic in combat speed) to kill all three of them before he is killed himself. Frankly, Sidious could just possess Magneto afterwards, given that Magneto will not be able to suspect Palpatine's transcendental state, let alone do something against it.

What do you mean no where near fast enough lol? Magneto controlling the iron in their blood is instantaneous. He can do that to them all at the same time, he does't even need to move. And if he physically kills Palpatine then the team stops at 3, considering Palpatine is nothing more than his essence.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ShootingNova

@deathbyants: "Instantaneous" isn't definable. It obviously has to be within the limits of Magneto's own reactive speed, which, as far as I know, is transcended by Palpatine's combat speed. He could probably kill Bane, but not Palpatine. You'll have a better time providing speed feats for Magneto to show he can react instead of claiming that his abilities are "instantaneous", which is a common descriptive term and insufficient for him to react to Palpatine. That also contradicts what you said earlier, which was:

You do realize Magneto can kill them near instantly by manipulating the iron in their blood right?

You said it was nearly instantaneous, and now you're saying it's exactly instantaneous. Both terms are unquantifiable to begin with, but still, there's a difference, so you contradicted yourself.

And your last sentence doesn't make sense. "Palpatine is nothing more than his essence" so he can't win makes no sense. Unless you intended to say that Sidious can do nothing as an essence, in which case you're woefully incorrect.

And yes, Sidious is essentially an energy/spiritual being at his prime, and Magneto, not being able to suspect or be aware of that, would be helpless to defend himself from possession or other powers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathbyants: "Instantaneous" isn't definable. It obviously has to be within the limits of Magneto's own reactive speed, which, as far as I know, is transcended by Palpatine's combat speed. He could probably kill Bane, but not Palpatine. You'll have a better time providing speed feats for Magneto to show he can react instead of claiming that his abilities are "instantaneous", which is a common descriptive term and insufficient for him to react to Palpatine. That also contradicts what you said earlier, which was:

You said it was nearly instantaneous, and now you're saying it's exactly instantaneous. Both terms are unquantifiable to begin with, but still, there's a difference, so you contradicted yourself.

And your last sentence doesn't make sense. "Palpatine is nothing more than his essence" so he can't win makes no sense. Unless you intended to say that Sidious can do nothing as an essence, in which case you're woefully incorrect.

And yes, Sidious is essentially an energy/spiritual being at his prime, and Magneto, not being able to suspect or be aware of that, would be helpless to defend himself from possession or other powers.

Magneto has used his iron blood manipulation without speaking, or moving. Considering no writer has specifically written down the time it would take him to perform this move we can logically imply that he use his ability at the speed of thought.

Also, it would make no difference if Palpatine is just a being of energy; Magneto has killed Proteus, which was being a of pure energy. Magneto can manipulate the magnetism in all molecules. He can kill meta-physical and physical beings both alike.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ShootingNova

@deathbyants: In other words, it requires what I said it did - him to be able to react and think it, at least, to accomplish that. Is there anything to suggest that Magneto's own thinking speed or reactive speed is capable of reacting to somebody who is faster than hypersonic characters can see?

I'm not referring to meta-physical energy. I'm referring to Force energy (he has no molecular presence), so my apologies if that was confusing. That was why I put "/spiritual", though, since that would be a better equivalent for people who aren't as familiar with SW and the Force. In any event, Magneto has no power in the spiritual realm, hence why it's a stalemate at best. However, Magneto is also blissfully unaware of Sidious's Essence Transfer, thus making him more vulnerable to possession. Palpatine was capable of escaping Chaos through sheer willpower, so I would argue that he could almost certainly possess an unprepared and indefensible Magneto.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: When Sidious can compose the form of a Cosmic Entity, then you can on about how powerful he is. Until then, don't bother with that line of thinking. And the Essence Transfer thing is just a copout that has been repelled on more than one occasion. Palpy ain't possessing these folk. He just ends up a lost ghost or Doom banishes him to Mephisto's realm.

And Doom wouldn't need prep for this. He's 2nd to Doc Strange in magic. Magneto is fast enough to erect shields against energy weapons much greater than those in SW. He doesn't have to Move to tear them apart. As I said before, his mental alacrity is far above a humans. He's more than fast enough mentally to use his powers and murder the Sith. They don't compare to him.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I don't like to be unkind to you, SN. But I do think it's time you understood that SW is akin to infant babes trying to measure up to Gods when dealing with such Marvel figures. It is the basic truth. The Sith are vastly out of their league. Magneto takes them all out rather easily. Doom as well, and Apocalypse is damn near unkillable with his Celestial Tech and has even reincarnated himself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathbyants: In other words, it requires what I said it did - him to be able to react and think it, at least, to accomplish that. Is there anything to suggest that Magneto's own thinking speed or reactive speed is capable of reacting to somebody who is faster than hypersonic characters can see?

I'm not referring to meta-physical energy. I'm referring to Force energy (he has no molecular presence), so my apologies if that was confusing. That was why I put "/spiritual", though, since that would be a better equivalent for people who aren't as familiar with SW and the Force. In any event, Magneto has no power in the spiritual realm, hence why it's a stalemate at best. However, Magneto is also blissfully unaware of Sidious's Essence Transfer, thus making him more vulnerable to possession. Palpatine was capable of escaping Chaos through sheer willpower, so I would argue that he could almost certainly possess an unprepared and indefensible Magneto.

Magneto has stopped his son Pietro (Quicksilver) from attacking him and Quicksilver is known to move at hypersonic speeds.

Im not sure what Force energy is, so I dont know if Magneto has any influence over it.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathbyants: I didn't say Palpatine moves at hypersonic speeds. I said Palpatine moves faster than hypersonic people can see.

Force energy isn't something Magneto influences, because he isn't Force-sensitive.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: The question remains. Can the lightsaber penetrate hulk skin?

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfd5d714c687
deactivated-5bfd5d714c687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: I don't see why Palpatine alone can't defeat Thanos.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Penderor

@zaluk: Well since experts dont think that Sidious with Plagueis and Bane cannot beat Thanos...

Gammbitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: obi stated that the force uses the midichlorians. they are in every cell and without them the force would not be able to be used. that is not spiritual

Gammbitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Gammbitt

@shootingnova: he would have to be force sensitive or else the force would have no effect on him. side note: even those who can not use the force are force sensitive

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfd5d714c687
deactivated-5bfd5d714c687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: The experts haven't given a reason why.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since u never said anything about the versions im gonna go with most powerful and its a stalemate at the hulks or prolly clear. Hulk has some insane healing factors.

umbranox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto. Best arguments here have been for Magneto.

The Force isn't so spiritual anyhow. It's become quantifiable, and is a type of energy.

Just Sidious' essence transfer makes him annoying to get rid of, like a pest infestation, for the Marvel characters.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Penderor
leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova said:

@deathbyants: Didn't you hear what I said? Magneto is unable to do anything to Palpatine's essence even provided that he does kill them physically, and to be honest, he won't. He isn't anywhere near fast enough (Palpatine is easily near-relativistic in combat speed) to kill all three of them before he is killed himself. Frankly, Sidious could just possess Magneto afterwards, given that Magneto will not be able to suspect Palpatine's transcendental state, let alone do something against it.

What do you mean no where near fast enough lol? Magneto controlling the iron in their blood is instantaneous. He can do that to them all at the same time, he does't even need to move. And if he physically kills Palpatine then the team stops at 3, considering Palpatine is nothing more than his essence.

Since when has Magneto ever controlled the iron in someone's blood so powerful as these sith lords?

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By leonkarlen123

@umbranox said:

The Force isn't so spiritual anyhow. It's become quantifiable, and is a type of energy.

Just Sidious' essence transfer makes him annoying to get rid of, like a pest infestation, for the Marvel characters.

Not really.. Shootingnova has stated good reasons why Palpatine would humiliate Magneto.

No Caption Provided

umbranox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: Good scan, Magneto could wreck the same opponents with more ease though and tank the highly electromagnetic force used in said attack by way of shields and manipulation of the energy expended in said attack.

Nerdy wordy way of saying "So what, it won't bother Magneto."

For the last post of your's.

Their power doesn't really have much to do with the iron in them. Not like they have gone against opponents who do this kind of thing regularly either.

A better question is how often does Magneto do that trick anyhow? It won't be his go to for sure, or by that logic 90% of his fights shouldn't have been fights. 90% of his opponents have had Iron in them and he's been beaten by people with Iron in them before so there's precedent.

Hate to strengthen your argument, but yea I don't care who wins pretty much ever. I just like good debates.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol at the sith lord wank btw.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Vivide

stops at three (Sabers disassembled) or at 4

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@umbranox said:

Not really.. Shootingnova has stated good reasons why Palpatine would humiliate Magneto.

No Caption Provided

how long would it take for palp to do that, does it wear him out or can he do it casually?

would he do it at the range ,can he tank that attack?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ShootingNova
@penderor said:

Would Sidious with Luke took down Thanos?

Depends on the version, but in general, no, they wouldn't. Haven't you already asked me this?

@gammbitt said:

obi stated that the force uses the midichlorians. they are in every cell and without them the force would not be able to be used. that is not spiritual

What are you talking about? The Force doesn't use Midi-chlorians, and Obi-Wan never said the Force uses Midi-chlorians either. Midi-chlorians are a determinant of Force-sensitivity, that's all.

Force spirits have no reliance on midi-chlorians, until you can prove to me that they do. Midi-chlorians exist only in biological life-forms, not disembodied spirits.

he would have to be force sensitive or else the force would have no effect on him. side note: even those who can not use the force are force sensitive

Again, what are you talking about? The Force has repeatedly worked on non-Force sensitives, so no, Magneto doesn't have to be Force-sensitive for Force powers to work on him, and as far as I recall from the Battle forum rules, powers are always automatically assumed as working against the opposition unless there is a clear showing to tell us that such powers won't work.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By reikai

@leonkarlen123: Not really, since Magneto could literally rip that whole fleet apart without trying. And Palpy using that wormhole nearly killed him in the process, and he didn't have full control of it. Btw, using a force storm would only amplify Magneto's powers because of all the electromagnetic energy it generates. It'd be like feeding a fire with napalm.

Baztet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The amount of jimmies being rustled and butt hurt has hit this thread hard, ROFL.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By ShootingNova
@reikai said:

And Palpy using that wormhole nearly killed him in the process, and he didn't have full control of it.

Here we go again with people insisting on making comments even though they don't know what they're talking about. I thought you didn't want to read post-RotJ or any non-OR material for fear of reading "material tampered with by George Lucas", even though he personally doesn't view DE as part of his own canon. How would you know about this if you didn't read the source?

Palpatine's control was fine. He only lost his control when Luke, Leia and Anakin utilized Force Harmony to separate him from his Wormhole, which caused the loss in control. Prior to that, things were going along nicely.

Luke: He's created another energy storm.

Leia: It’s descending on Pinnacle Base, consuming all the ships in its path. (Sound of comlink activating.) Mon Mothma, can you hear me?

Mon Mothma: Princess Leia. There’s an energy storm. It’s suddenly taken over the planet! We have twelve ships lost already. All our hands are being lost. We’re being wiped out!

Han: Leia, Leia! (Sound of comlink deactivating.)

Leia: You’re going to slaughter all those people.

Palpatine: Yes. Did I not warn you? I’ve played along with your Jedi dueling games long enough. Now, you will experience my full potency. I live as energy. I am the dark side!

Source: Dark Empire Audio Drama

"One of the Emperor's Force Storms destroyed the Alliance base on the moon of Da Soocha and the entire fleet above it. Every day I'm reminded how lucky we are that Palpatine is lost to Chaos forever."

Source: Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side

He summoned up a huge Force storm, far more powerful than the one that had swept Coruscant. But this time, when Skywalker and his sister turned their combined resistance against him, Palpatine could no longer control what he had unleashed.

Source: The Essential Chronology

Magneto is unable to replicate a similar effect because he lacks Force sensitivity, not to mention a light side alignment and the support of other light-sided people in order to enact Force Harmony. Therefore, he cannot disrupt Palpatine's control over his Wormholes in this sort of fashion.

Really, proof of Palpatine's ability to control Wormholes is most evident in this example, where he summons a Wormhole which ravages Coruscant, but also is carefully wielded so as to not harm Luke, who is instead transported to Byss. At the same time, Palpatine summons (and successfully controls) Wormholes in several other distant star systems:

The shore of the western sea had been a glittering playground, a gay and glorious world that never slept, before the clone Emperor's Force storm had ravaged Coruscant. It had yet to fully recover.

Source: Black Fleet Crisis: Before the Storm

The energy storm that took Commander Skywalker, this is not an isolated event. Similar Storms have been detected in several systems.

Source: Dark Empire Audio Drama

In fact, years prior to DE, back in RotJ (that was when Palpatine was still not fully in control of his Wormholes), he was capable of forming a Wormhole that could fit perfectly within his reactor shaft (hence why it wasn't annihilated) to transport his spirit across light years:

The moment the Emperor "died" at the Battle of Endor, Droga fell into an inexplicable insanity, butchering his crew and causing the Emperor's Shadow to plunge into Kaal's oceans. Even as he perished, Palpatine used the dark side knowledge the Sith Lords had granted him years earlier to rend space itself and transmigrate his essence across lightyears to Droga's body.

Source: Gamer #5

Once again, Reikai, your continued disrespect and unending hatred for Palpatine and practically all forms of non-OR SW is evident, but if you're going to make up information, at least make it sound convincing and make it half-true, because your outrageous antics don't belong in the Battles forum, they go in the fan-fiction board. Otherwise, people who have actually read the material and know what they're talking about won't find it particularly difficult to humiliate you when you make up information like this. You have to find something else, something more productive, to do, other than run around in SW threads trying to troll people and making up false information in an attempt to lowball one party out of clear favoritism for another. I don't know when you'll understand that, but you'll have to, eventually. Hopefully you also understand that this is the reason why I and several other users ignore you when you speak to us, so I really don't know why you're still trying to troll me.

You posting scans that don't answer my questions or satisfy the necessary criteria to allow Magneto to defeat Palpatine (which is also why you failed to post showings for the most important part, his speed, because I'm well aware of how powerful he is) doesn't cut it, either. I haven't seen anybody post speed feats for Magneto to suggest he could respond to Palpatine, and I haven't seen anybody post proof that Magneto can override Sidious's Essence Transfer, because people here are just dismissing it casually, but have no evidence or even a proper argument for why Magneto can overcome it. Until then, it really is a stalemate at best.

And don't answer me. I'm really not interested in seeing how you'll try to troll me next.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Probably yes. I have that feeling. Could they take classic Thanos if he was wounded in so small degree?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

reikai just got eradicated.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#83  Edited By ComicStooge
TBEMrMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Magneto doesn't destroy them( which he does) Doom and Apocalypse rip them apart.

Gammbitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: bruh, the midi chlorians are the link between the force and the universe. And if midi chlorians weren't necessary anyone without a count would be able to use it as simply as a computer. And as far as magneto being force sensitive im referring to his ability feel at the atomic level as the force is an energy and as such would be detectable and blockable by magneto. And if an object is non sensitive to a type of force you wouldn't be able to effect with force you'd have to affect something around it to cause an effect. I also never said anything about midi chlorians in relations to "force" ghost as "force" ghost are actually part of the force. Even if palp conformed himself to the force ghost form he'd then be drawing off the power of the other sith in the battle which would weaken them

Gammbitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto is unable to replicate a similar effect because he lacks Force sensitivity, not to mention a light side alignment and the support of other light-sided people in order to enact Force Harmony. Therefore, he cannot disrupt Palpatine's control over his Wormholes in this sort of fashion.

This is indeed false as Magneto himself opened a wormhole from genoshia to new york. Magneto's advanced control over gravity and the electromagnetic spectrum far supersedes palps ability to conjure such a simple storm wich would fuel Magneto's power. Palp wouldnt be able to open a wormhole or summon a storm unless magneto allowed as proven when he stopped storm and the rest of the X-men from even accessing their powers by manipulating the em fields in their brains. Now im not saying that the force and the mutant abilities work the same but the functions of the brain do.

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at magneto or 4

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

@leonkarlen123: Not really, since Magneto could literally rip that whole fleet apart without trying. And Palpy using that wormhole nearly killed him in the process, and he didn't have full control of it. Btw, using a force storm would only amplify Magneto's powers because of all the electromagnetic energy it generates. It'd be like feeding a fire with napalm.

I seriously doubt that those ships are just made out of normal steel, its more like what blast doors are made out of. Also pretty much all big ships in Star Wars are protected with shields.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By reikai

@leonkarlen123: Look up. He reconstructed the body of a Celestial. A Cosmic Entity. Durasteel is about as tough to manipulate as aluminum foil for Magneto. Deflector shields don't stop this from happening. They don't even stop people from walking right through them. They're not stopping Magneto.

And you remember Adamantium, right? That nigh-indestructible material that makes everything in SW look like wet clay? Remember what Mags did to Wolverine?

No Caption Provided

As I've already long said, Magneto solos. They don't get passed him.TP is blocked by helmet. He can react as fast as they can because of his mutant abilities. A Force Storm would only empower him. And they have no way of protecting himself against his ability to manipulate magnetic fields and electromangetic energy. The short answer is; they're F**ked.

No Caption Provided

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide said:

stops at three (Sabers disassembled) or at 4

What makes you think Magneto would react to 3 force sensitives before they get through his shield and cuts him in ten?

The Force>>>>>>>Magnetism. It's common knowledge.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

@leonkarlen123: Look up. He reconstructed the body of a Celestial. A Cosmic Entity. Durasteel is about as tough to manipulate as aluminum foil for Magneto. Deflector shields don't stop this from happening. They don't even stop people from walking right through them. They're not stopping Magneto.

And you remember Adamantium, right? That nigh-indestructible material that makes everything in SW look like wet clay? Remember what Mags did to Wolverine?

No Caption Provided

As I've already long said, Magneto solos. They don't get passed him.TP is blocked by helmet. He can react as fast as they can because of his mutant abilities. A Force Storm would only empower him. And they have no way of protecting himself against his ability to manipulate magnetic fields and electromangetic energy. The short answer is; they're F**ked.

No Caption Provided

You show no reaction time feats of Magneto so you still have not proved Magneto can even react to high tier siths. At best i seen Magneto tagging Quicksilver which is not even close to be as fast as these are.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL at them getting to thanos the stop at 6.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL at them getting to thanos the stop at 6.

They will destroy Magneto and Colossus right?

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: Mags has shields but he won't stop his neck from being snapped, Bane and plagueis will probably be killed during the battle though. Colossus gets tossed around till he can't get up.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: Mags has shields but he won't stop his neck from being snapped, Bane and plagueis will probably be killed during the battle though. Colossus gets tossed around till he can't get up.

Did Magneto recently get a big amp or what? last i seen he had trouble holding up a 10 story building from collapsing and a nuclear bomb weakened him big time even with his full shields up.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: Dazzler converts sound into energy and can make that into lasers. Which're lightspeed. Which Magneto shielded himself against effortlessly. Magneto doesn't need to move. As I've said before, his mental alacrity is far above that of a humans. That means his Thought Processes are many times faster. And all he has to do here is Think.

And once more, as I've already shown, he acted as the nervous system for a Cosmic Entity. That goes beyond anything any of the SW cast has ever accomplished in their entire careers.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: Not sure I don't keep up with current comics, you should probably ask God_spawn or Dondave.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gammbitt: You really have no idea what you're talking about. The whole argument about midi-chlorians actually being relevant or Palpatine having to draw off others to be an essence as well as your general failure to properly respond to my points tells me that I'm wasting my time here.

Please don't speak to me again, for the sake of both of us.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop at 7

Gammbitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: you're clearly mad bro, at which point did I fail to respond? I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that you don't read to much because force ghost can't interact with the physical world without drawing off someone else's force connection. I already know you don't read x-men or we wouldn't be having this argument