Sisters of Battle Vs. ODSTs

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#1  Edited By shroudofsorrow

100 Sisters of Battle with standard equipment against an ever-increasing number of ODSTs from Halo with Assault Rifles, Pistols, Sniper Rifles, Shotguns, and SMGs. The Sisters numbers are replenished at the start of every round. The rounds are:

Round 1: 100 ODSTs

Round 2: 250 ODSTs

Round 3: 500 ODSTs

For some info on the Sisters of Battle:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Setting is Tartarus from Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War. Victory when everyone on the other side is dead or has surrendered. Who wins?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Versus

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If one of the ODSTs is Buck, he solos.

But for serious, Sisters take Round 1. ODSTs take Rounds 2 and 3. I think they're toting enough numbers and firepower to take it.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Sisters win. I doubt the ODST's weapons can even penetrate the Sisters power armor while the bolters will obliterate the ODST armor.

Avatar image for elderstarlord117
ElderStarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ElderStarlord117

Batman wins with prep time.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_22: Actually in a SPARTAN Vs. SoB thread one of our chief Warhammer experts gave it to the SPARTANs. Remember that UNSC weapons all use armor-piercing rounds. They can hurt the Sisters.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Amaranth

@shroudofsorrow: ODST are not Spartans. Mere 'armor-piercing' rounds aren't even half of what's needed to penetrate 40k power armor.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_22: No they're not but they use the same weapons. So evidently their armor-piercing rounds were considered enough, which makes sense because those same rounds can and do go through SPARTAN and Sangheili armor, as well as Brute Power Armor.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: They are effective against the other power armors in their universe but they won't be very useful against 40k power armor because its far more advanced and made from far tougher materials. 40k power armor and HALO power armor can't really be compared; the 40k armors are far, FAR better in almost every way.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_22: Perhaps, but I'd imagine SoB armor is not on the same plateau as Space Marine or Tau armor. And again, Cadence said the SPARTANS could win it. Just to be safe I think I'll contact him now...

@cadencev2: Your thoughts?

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Amaranth

@shroudofsorrow: The Sister's armor isn't quite as good as Space Marine armor due to the lack of the Black Carapace and the lower mass of the armor, which reduces available space for thicker armor and additional systems/redundancies. However it is vastly superior to the basic Tau firewarrior armor.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_22: Really? Huh. I always felt that the Tau were more technologically advanced, but I suppose it's a matter of the more advanced armors, and also those super-laser rifles of theirs. Those things can down Space Marines with ease!

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: Well not exactly. The Imperium is much more advanced than the Tau, however their most advanced technology is spread out over a million worlds. The Tau's most advanced technology is focused into a much smaller area and dispersed among far fewer units. When you look at the Imperium's best equipped factions, Temple Assassins, Grey Knights and the like, and compare their equipment to the best equipment of the Tau the Imperium comes out ahead by a large margin. Its because of the Imperiums size that makes them appear to lack advanced technology; they have to use a lot of cheap, weak technology to be able to equip enough men, ships, tanks and so forth to defend a million worlds.

Super laser rifles? You mean the pulse rifles? I don't know if I'd say 'with ease' because nothing aside from anti-tank weapons takes down Space Marines with 'ease'. Even that sometimes fails; in one of the novels the White Scars are fighting the Tau and a Space Marine is blown in half. He is stunned for a couple of moments while his blood coagulates then he props himself back up and resumes firing.

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ODSTs suffer from what I call 'not enough gun'.

Unless there's a fair percentage of them lugging around some anti-vehicle armament, I can't see their slugthrowers doing anything more than tickling the SoB troops' power armor.

@strigidae_22: Really? Huh. I always felt that the Tau were more technologically advanced, but I suppose it's a matter of the more advanced armors, and also those super-laser rifles of theirs. Those things can down Space Marines with ease!

Standard Fire Warrior equipment is superior to standard IG equipment by a fair margin, but only roughly equal or inferior to what the Sisters and Space Marines use.

The Tau differ from the Imperium in that they have more advanced equipment in distribution to all of their forces and they can actually understand, reproduce, and improve their technology at a disgusting rate, but the Imperium still has technology that they currently do not possess. The Imperium's more exceptional examples of technology are balanced out by the fact that the Imperium has no idea how they actually work and are content with simply reproducing or preserving what they can rather than really understanding the underlying fundamentals behind their tech.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@vmole said:

Unless there's a fair percentage of them lugging around some anti-vehicle armament, I can't see their slugthrowers doing anything more than tickling the SoB troops' power armor.

Cadence seemed to think differently, so right now I'm unsure who to believe. All I know is that their weapons all pack armor-piercing rounds capable of going past Sangheili armor and SPARTAN armor with ease.

@vmole said:

Standard Fire Warrior equipment is superior to standard IG equipment by a fair margin, but only roughly equal or inferior to what the Sisters and Space Marines use.

The Tau differ from the Imperium in that they have more advanced equipment in distribution to all of their forces and they can actually understand, reproduce, and improve their technology at a disgusting rate, but the Imperium still has technology that they currently do not possess. The Imperium's more exceptional examples of technology are balanced out by the fact that the Imperium has no idea how they actually work and are content with simply reproducing or preserving what they can rather than really understanding the underlying fundamentals behind their tech.

Ah, that explains it then. Though I wouldn't really use the word "disgusting" to describe the speed at which technology advances.

@strigidae_22: Yep, the Pulse Rifles were what I was referring to. And according to a Tau Vs. Halo thread, it was said their pulse rifles "nigh one-shot Space Marines".

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pokergeist

@strigidae_22: @shroudofsorrow:SoB Power Armour is vastly inferior to space Marine due to being thinner, not working with a black carapace, and not granting the % bonus to strength like the Space Marine fully encompassing PA does.

That said it is still Tank Armor durable. Anything that can pierce a light tank will pierces SoB PA as far as I am concerned.

However the Spartans have more than gear that can take a SoB, they have enhance stats, speed, reaction, ect. On the other hand these ODSTs are pretty much on par with the super elite, and handpicked SoB.

So IMO can go either way.

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By VMole

@shroudofsorrow said:

@vmole said:

Cadence seemed to think differently, so right now I'm unsure who to believe. All I know is that their weapons all pack armor-piercing rounds capable of going past Sangheili armor and SPARTAN armor with ease.

@vmole said:

Ah, that explains it then. Though I wouldn't really use the word "disgusting" to describe the speed at which technology advances.

@strigidae_22: Yep, the Pulse Rifles were what I was referring to. And according to a Tau Vs. Halo thread, it was said their pulse rifles "nigh one-shot Space Marines".

ODST weapons aside from the most powerful sniper rifles in their arsenal would be rated as autoguns of middling quality at best, and those things aren't going to do jack against SoB power armor.

Bringing up Elites and their armor getting pierced as if it is some significant feat isn't really helping, Halo slugthrowers actually have real world counterparts on top of being more poorly designed. By that token, modern Earth currently possesses widely used firearms that can defeat Elites and their armor at this very moment, which reflects fairly poorly on a supposedly more technologically advanced race.

Barring game rules and some of the lowest end feats in 40k lore, any weapon below a bolter's capabilities that isn't a juiced up variant would not be dealing with power armor effectively unless you're hitting the absolute most vulnerable portions of their armor, but that's really putting a lot of faith in luck.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vmole: Pretty fair analysis I'd say. But Cadence has finally given us his opinion as well. I think I'll let you two discuss it further before I come to my final verdict.

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SoB power armor is inferior to Space Marine power armor in that it does not provide the same extent of physical augmentation and that it does not support black carapace interface, meaning that it's less like a part of their natural physiology and more like they are wearing armor, so they're generally less responsive and don't support additional functions that being directly interfaced to the armor can provide with the black carapace.

SoB power armor provides just as much protection as Space Marine armor, it just has less bells and whistles and potential for augmentation.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@vmole: Well then I guess that settles it. Until further notice I'm agreeing with your assessment.

No Caption Provided