Siryn vs. Sunspot

Tone702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tone702

Both are at at full potential and at max energy. During the day, no morals.

PaperRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By PaperRonin

Sunspot

Tone702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Tone702

Why?

PaperRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By PaperRonin

full potential and at max energy. During the day.

He's the power advantage

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Skaddix

He burns her alive.

Tone702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tone702

But can't her sonic shield protect her from his attacks? Her sonic scream has leveled city blocks, not too mention her sonic lance has knocked Colossus on his butt. Plus she could hypnotize him, and I think since she can fly at the speed of sound she might be faster too. I don't think she is as easily beaten as ppl think

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sunspot.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

Sunspot matches are tough to call. It doesn't seem like writers ever really agreed on exactly where his power levels are.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Tone702 said:

But can't her sonic shield protect her from his attacks? Her sonic scream has leveled city blocks, not too mention her sonic lance has knocked Colossus on his butt. Plus she could hypnotize him, and I think since she can fly at the speed of sound she might be faster too. I don't think she is as easily beaten as ppl think

I belive that You're her fan.  But remember, most of us didn't see her winning with Colossus.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I think Siryn has the advantage here. I think she has him beat on flight speed, and I am seeing a way for him to countehr her sonic scream.

Tone702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tone702

I'm a fan of both actually, but I do think that Siryn poses a bigger threat than most ppl giver her credit. Banshee did a number against the Avengers by himself, and also had the respect of Magneto when they solo faced off. I know Siryn is not Banshee, and he was a lot more experienced, but supposedly she is more powerful and knows more about those powers than even Banshee.

Im a huge Sunspot fan though. The writers piss me off with the way they underwrite him. I think Sunspot at his fullest potential could be one of the better fighters in Marvel. I think he is horribly underwritten.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By difficlus

@(((Prodigy))): some of his feats please...?

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@difficlus said:

@(((Prodigy))): some of his feats please...?

I can't recall any right off hand, nor do I have any of his scans. The only reason I don't pay much attention to him is because it seems that writers haven't fully agreed on his powers. He was originally supposed to be a 10 tonner or something, but he's recently gone fist-to-fist with Namor. His gimmick for a long time was getting himself into trouble because he didn't have any significant superhuman durability, but some more showings have indicated that he does have durability. He originally had to fly by pointing his fists down at the ground and firing energy blasts. Now it seems he can fly just by flying, and it doesn't have anything to do with his energy projection. And his energy projection power in itself seems to be pretty much all over the map.
Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

Sunspot skill with his powers have grown, his powers were limited by his age and training.  He was always scolded by the other New Mutants, not because he wasn't durable, but because unlike most people with super strength he did not posses a degree of invulnerability, if you can press 10 tons there is no way you can do that without having superhuman durability.  After he learned he could use his powers for thrust during the ReignFire arc he trained like everybody else that would not naturally fly unless they learned how to control their powers, all that meant was that he only knew how to focus his powers through his hands and learned later to focus it from other parts of his body.  Some mutants can use their power fully without having to learn about the applications, he was not one of those mutants, another example of this is Chamber, he had the potential to fly but since he did not know the mechanics of it he couldn't, but Synch could. There was a time that Sunspot could not revert to human form and was constantly absorbing energy to fuel himself, he now has control over that.  All his power stem from him being able to absorb and use solar energy he stores , even when flying it is an extension of his ability to utilize solar energy in his body to project outwards to provide lift and thrust.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@LordOfAllHumans:  

not because he wasn't durable, but because unlike most people with super strength he did not posses a degree of invulnerability 

What is the difference between having durability and having a degree of invulnerability?  

After he learned he could use his powers for thrust during the ReignFire arc he trained like everybody else that would not naturally fly unless they learned how to control their powers, all that meant was that he only knew how to focus his powers through his hands and learned later to focus it from other parts of his body.  Some mutants can use their power fully without having to learn about the applications, he was not one of those mutants 

Interesting. 

another example of this is Chamber, he had the potential to fly but since he did not know the mechanics of it he couldn't, but Synch could. 

I'm not entirely sure that that's an applicable example. Unless I am mistaken, it was rather common for Synch to use people's powers in ways they never had before. I think he used telekinesis once when synching with Emma Frost, and she doesn't seem the type to still be learning about her powers. 

I've always found Sunspot to be an interesting character, but I just never could get a good bead on his powers. Thank you for sharing this.
Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Skaddix

Yeah Synch is basically like having a character in a videogame start maxed and fully unlocked.

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Recently, he got stabbed by Legion. He was hurt, but he survived with some discomfort. He recently also knocked out Sugarman with a concussive blast i believe. I will check for some more feats in recent issues.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@(((Prodigy))) said:
@LordOfAllHumans:  

not because he wasn't durable, but because unlike most people with super strength he did not posses a degree of invulnerability 

What is the difference between having durability and having a degree of invulnerability?  

After he learned he could use his powers for thrust during the ReignFire arc he trained like everybody else that would not naturally fly unless they learned how to control their powers, all that meant was that he only knew how to focus his powers through his hands and learned later to focus it from other parts of his body.  Some mutants can use their power fully without having to learn about the applications, he was not one of those mutants 

Interesting. 

another example of this is Chamber, he had the potential to fly but since he did not know the mechanics of it he couldn't, but Synch could. 

I'm not entirely sure that that's an applicable example. Unless I am mistaken, it was rather common for Synch to use people's powers in ways they never had before. I think he used telekinesis once when synching with Emma Frost, and she doesn't seem the type to still be learning about her powers.   I've always found Sunspot to be an interesting character, but I just never could get a good bead on his powers. Thank you for sharing this.
The difference is subtle depending on the amount of force and the character, an invulnerable character can rarely if ever be harmed by anything conventional, a durable person can be but has enough protection to not be harmed the way a normal person can be.  That's the best way I can explain it anyway, its like Wonder Woman vs Superman, she is highly durable but she can be stabbed and burned with a regular knife and heat if there is sufficient force or heat, Superman on the other hand is invulnerable and would not be stabbed or burned by conventional means. 

That is the whole premise, Synch can use powers in ways (often better) than the people that can use them, but he can't give you powers that you don't have the ability to posses.  Chamber tried to fly after Synch showed him, all Synch did was channel the energy in a downward thrust to lift off the ground, when Chamber tried he just blasted energy as normal, he never kept at it or tried it again, with training in the application of his power he would have achieved flight.  The Emma incident was just that an, an incident.  I'm tempted to say that the writer of that story was under the false impression (as others were) that Emma had telekinetic potential because Jean used tk in her body, completely ignoring Xavier stating that Jeans transference was amazing because she took her tk along for the ride.  That is why it was never revisited and when secondary mutation came out they gave her a diamond form to further lay "Emma has mutant tk potential" to rest.  There are several theories that after the years can now be formed (well that I have formed) on why he was able to access any amount of tk in Emmas body without sticking to "they made a mistake", here are three just for fun. 

1.) Jean has the ability to swap out and transfer psionic abilities.  She did it with Psylocke, taking her telepathy and swapping it for her (Jeans) telekinesis.  Psychic residue can be left inside people, Onslaught was formed like this, a tiny bit of "evil" from Magneto merged with Xavier, the Phoenix leaves echos of itself in people and objects that it imbues with power, Jean is Phoenix it can now be theorized that, the tk Emma had in that instance was left over from the time Jean transferred her consciousness and power into Emma.  Emma was not possessed she was Jean Grey wearing a Emma skin suit as Emma was expelled from her body in the process and later took up residence in Bobby.  The reason we have never seen it again is because in that instance Synch used it all up, the echo was gone. 

2.) All psionic energy is connected to the astral plane, when Gen X were trapped in that fairy world they needed a power source to fix the glamor machine, Emma offered hers and was told it was too impure,being telepathic only, Chambers psionic energy was raw and he could use it for telepathy and blasts (that must have carried a more psychokinetic aspect of psi energy) that could affect matter.  All psionic energy comes from the same place, certain psis tap different forms depending on their talent, but it may be possible for a telepath to tap rawer forms which is what Emma did with the psi lightning trick or why Xavier used to be able to psi blast Sentinels (other than writers just not making the differentiation between telepathic blasts and telekenitc blast and just using the term psionic blast to be able to straddle the fence). 

3.) All humans have the potential for all psi powers (this to me can be used to explain why Magneto in the past has been able to astral project and read minds, he does it the same way Dr. Strange or Magik can...practice).  Mutant psis are hardwired to be able to tap these powers without any training and sustain them at high levels.  Now we know that all psi powers are connected to the same source, Synch could have, through Emmas telepathy, tapped this human potential and thus displayed telekinesis. 

Or like I said it was a mistake, since it has never been heard of again and wont be since like you said she would know about some latent mutant power of tk, so they gave her a secondary mutation that has nothing to do with psi power and in fact negates her psi power when it's activated.
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@LordOfAllHumans:  
Holy cow. When we started this conversation, I can honestly say I wasn't expecting all that! I don't even know what to say in reply to all that, other than that you have obviously given this a good deal of thought and you have brought up some concepts I never really thought about before. 
Epic kudos to you :)
Tone702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Tone702

as an addition, I believe Sunspot can absorb energy outside of just light, such as heat or fire.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I don't think his ability to absorb heat, light or fire will make a difference here. He doesn't have a defense to her sonic powers.

Tone702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tone702

Your are correct, however, the point of my post was to merely point out that he has more resources to absorb energy from than before, meaning he can be powered up more than he was.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

I don't think his ability to absorb heat, light or fire will make a difference here. He doesn't have a defense to her sonic powers.

Most people don't have a direct defense to another's power, how is this even a viable way for her to win, considering she does not have any defense against his strength or his blast either.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Most people don't have a direct defense to another's power, how is this even a viable way for her to win, considering she does not have any defense against his strength or his blast either.

She has used her sonic powers to create sonic shields and can fly at the speed of sound, which is faster than Sunspot. She has a defense and advantages that he doesn't. His strength is useless if he can't catch her and his blasts can be evaded and possibly countered with her sonic shield. The odds are in her favor really.

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sunspot has grown much more powerful lately......he now has concussive blasts of solar energy and his super strength and durability has been increased. I think that Sunspot win here