User Lists: 0

Who wins? fight to the death.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

As cool as Sirius is, I think I might have to give an edge to Severus. He seems more proficient and more advanced in magic

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both have limited amounts of feats in the books. However I do think that while Snape is better at magic, Sirius is tougher. He spent years in azkaban, in god awful conditions. In a fight if both are morals off, I'll give it to severus.

He is capable of creating his own spells even, I dont think that Sirius is as proficient as he is but again he'd give him a good fight.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It helps that while Sirius spent 13 years locked up in Azkaban, Snape was teaching at Hogwarts where he had opportunities to practice his skills and learn more about magic

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By Erik

Snape wrecks.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snape he seemed more tactically and more creative with magic hell his text book alone improved harry as a wizard.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dondave

Snape

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BlackWind

Revenge time for Snape after seven years of bullying. Sirius is gonna wish he stayed in Azkaban.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is like Flash vs. Quicksilver. Snape outclasses Sirius by a large margin

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Snape FTW.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@darkdefender: it is a huge margin. Snape showed to do things that only Voldemort was thought to be able to do such as flying without a broom, the professors were amazed IIRC. Snape is extremely powerful and I'd probably rank him top 5 in the series. Sirius was a very good wizard but he's not on this level.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@darkdefender: how are his dueling skills lacking????????? You don't mean when he took on several professors at once while holding back do you?

When professors at the school that teach magic are in awe and thinking "how the crap did he do that", that's impressive, that's power.

I'd say for sure top 5:

1. Dumbledore

2a. Voldemort

2b. Grindelwald

4. Snape

5. Bellatrix

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdefender: Snape never got the chance to defend himself as he was attacked by the snake. Against McGonagail he was holding back and IIRC, he stalemates several of them before fleeing. To fight off the professors of Hogwarts while holding back is extremely impressive.

None of the professors in the book showed to be anywhere as close to being as well rounded or powerful as Snape. Some might have had specially abilities but Snape trumps them all.

Again Snape was holding back against McGonagail, he could have easily killed her. The fact that they stalemated while he was holding back places him firmly ahead of her. Molly beating Bellatrix was pretty much PIS, Bellatrix had shown to be a killing machine while Molly had been a slightly above average wizard who failed to get rid of a boggart. If they fight 10 times Bellatrix wins 9.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snape has this. Sirius didn't do much, Snape was a great wizard and even created his own spells like levicorpus and sectumsempra which cuts open your chest. Snape would take pleasure in this win.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: I nearly forgot that Snape created his own devastating spells. The more I think about it the more if a stomp this is.

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdefender: how are his dueling skills lacking????????? You don't mean when he took on several professors at once while holding back do you?

When professors at the school that teach magic are in awe and thinking "how the crap did he do that", that's impressive, that's power.

I'd say for sure top 5:

1. Dumbledore

2a. Voldemort

2b. Grindelwald

4. Snape

5. Bellatrix

Perhaps Kingsley over Bellatrix

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@rd1027: No way did Kingsley show anything to put her on Bellatrix's level. She was an absolute killing machine. When Dumbledore showed up at the ministry and took out all of the Deatheaters in one swoop, she was the only one to block the spell and flee. Kingsley doesn't really have a ton of showings.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cregan_stark: Kingsley protected the muggle prime minister because he was the best auror so he's pretty good. Bellatrix might be better, I'm not sure, but Kingsley is supposed to be really good.

And yeah, Snape wins easy. Sirius did OK in the battle with the prophecy in the order of the phoenix but he also died in that battle lol.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@jayc1324: he protected them because he was indeed the best auror but as we've seen upper level death eaters >> aurors in most cases.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How impressive is Filius Flitwick? He's almost featless besides people saying he's one of the best duelist and holds the dueling champion title.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: I always saw Flitwick to be on par magically with the other professors yet he was a better duelist as he was a former champion. All of this is excluding Dumbledore of course

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Arcus1

@slimj87d: @cregan_stark: I always saw Snape, Flitwick, and McGonagal as being roughly even, just with different specialties

Craulothegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snape

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@arcus: neither Flitwick nor McGonagail was near as versitile or powerful in the books. While Flitwick and McGonagail were very good wizards they didn't show near as much as Snape.

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd say for sure top 5:

1. Harry

2a. Dumbledore

2b. Voldemort

4. Grindelwald

5. Snape

Fix'd for accuracy.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Snape

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cregan_stark: Maybe not, I'm just saying my impressions. Snape always seemed like a Voldemort lite, while McGonagal was like a Dumbledore lite, their brief duel seemed to have a lot of similarities to Voldemort and Dumbledore's duel. Flitwick is lacking in feats, but I would think he'd be at the level of the other main professors, just with a different specialty

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: agreed on Snape for the win.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@full123: Harry's not in the top 5, he's nowhere Dumbledore or Voldemort or any of the professors. He has potential, but he's not that good, at least not right now.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I agree to an extent. Snape is a poor man's Voldemort. However I do think that Snape has more use of the lighter side of magic than Voldemort, I also don't see McGonagail having This level of versatility to be Dumbledore light, that isn't saying anything bad against McGonagail, it's just how powerful Albus really is. I also agree that the professors all have their specialities. Snape is good at areas taught at Hogwarts and he is also accomplished at Mind control and blocking, healing, dark arts and creating powerful spells.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@full123: lol I'm going to assume this is another joke like the Cho Chang one.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

I don't think there's enough material on either side to give clear answer..

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: I can agree with that to a degree with Sirius as he really didn't do a ton in the books to show power, we also don't know a ton about him, I've always considered him below the professors. What we do know is that he finished his school and spent a small amount of time fighting death eaters before he was imprisoned where he spent the majority of his adult life. The craft takes experience and experimentation to become an expert (unless you are Voldemort or Dumbledore) and I just don't think he could have gotten enough before going to prison to be on this level.

With Snape on the other hand they built him up pretty high and I for one thought it was quite obvious that he was above the other professors.

Avatar image for beingfatissupercool
Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abc logic coming up in 3

ready

Sirious got owned by Van Detta , Van Detta got owned by mother Weezly , and mother Weezly is nowhere near Snape obviously .

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@cregan_stark: well, when casual, he was stomping bellatrix, someone who is arguably as much or more powerful than snape. When he's serius, he could win against snape. ;)

Problem is, snape has far more direct showings, plus thirteen years of not being stuck with dementors. while serius only has the professors hyping him. The fact that snape was always on the loosing end is a combined feat with james, 2 on 1. So that can't be used either.

As to whether either of them above the professors, I don't think so. Flitwick was the duelling champion, and it was said that even four aurors couldn't take down minerva. I don't care about horace.

to be fair though, there aren't any clear cut standards in Hp. Only thing we can say for certain is albus, gellert and tom were a league above the rest, as their feats clearly indicate. Others cases are very uncertain like real world, like dolohov taking down moody but loosing to hermione.. which is what makes it fun really.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: I can agree with that to a degree with Sirius as he really didn't do a ton in the books to show power, we also don't know a ton about him, I've always considered him below the professors. What we do know is that he finished his school and spent a small amount of time fighting death eaters before he was imprisoned where he spent the majority of his adult life. The craft takes experience and experimentation to become an expert (unless you are Voldemort or Dumbledore) and I just don't think he could have gotten enough before going to prison to be on this level.

With Snape on the other hand they built him up pretty high and I for one thought it was quite obvious that he was above the other professors.

He had certain skills the other professors didn't have, but I wouldn't say he was quite above the other professors, at least not in all areas of magic

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: I think he was certainly shown to be above the other professors. He had knowledge of the dark arts that they did not, I think this alone puts him in a class above the rest of the professors. Also he showed healing abilities that not even Maddam Pomfrey showed. He was able to create his own powerful spells at a very young age. He was one of the most powerful at Occlumency, so powerful that he was able to deceive even Voldemort. He was always the one that Dumbledore called on when the going truly got tough. He also showed to stalemate several professors while not trying to kill them.

I think it's safe to say that a bloodlusted Snape would easily dispatch any if the other professors (not counting Albus) in a duel.

Bellatrix while powerful should be slightly behind Snape IMO. He's just shown much more in magic outside if simply killing.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: I think he was certainly shown to be above the other professors. He had knowledge of the dark arts that they did not, I think this alone puts him in a class above the rest of the professors. Also he showed healing abilities that not even Maddam Pomfrey showed. He was able to create his own powerful spells at a very young age. He was one of the most powerful at Occlumency, so powerful that he was able to deceive even Voldemort. He was always the one that Dumbledore called on when the going truly got tough. He also showed to stalemate several professors while not trying to kill them.

I think it's safe to say that a bloodlusted Snape would easily dispatch any if the other professors (not counting Albus) in a duel.

Bellatrix while powerful should be slightly behind Snape IMO. He's just shown much more in magic outside if simply killing.

I don't think he was stalemating all the professors, he was just defending. He was maybe stalemating McGonagal, but when Flitwick and Slughorn showed up he had to run

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snape is a much better wizard than black.

Black is brash and arrogant it it actually cost him his life and would most likely get him beat here. Like it did with bellatrix. He doesn't have many showing, his best showing is going toe to toe with bellatrix and getting killed. Or becoming an animagus at a young age. But even then Rita skeeter became an animagus.

I think the list goes

1. Voldemort.

2. Dumbledore.

3. grindlewald.

4. Snape.

5. Bellatrix.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Severus. Not even a contest.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@arcus: he exchanged with them for a bit IIRC, it's been a while since my last read but that's how I remember it. He fled because that was his only option, if he wanted to actually kill them then he would have stayed.

BTW was anyone else severely disappointed in the aurors? I feel like they were built up to be these big bada$$es and did nothing but get dominated. Kingsley was the only real impressive one that I can remember right now.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: he exchanged with them for a bit IIRC, it's been a while since my last read but that's how I remember it. He fled because that was his only option, if he wanted to actually kill them then he would have stayed.

Even if he had wanted to kill them, there's no guarantee that he would have succeeded. IIRC he did attack at least once, something with a snake

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snape, Snape, Severus Snape. Snape, Snape, Severus Snape.