#1 Edited by lordofthebrocean (657 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a random encounter. The only way to win is to kill your opponent. No BFR.

#2 Posted by Sexy Merc (42076 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro would beat Thor, but some later comments might say it's extremely easy, but I think he could win in a fairly decent battle.
#3 Posted by jacobyLIVE (1828 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to think how they would KO each other. They're both so powerful that I'd think it would only end in death...

#4 Edited by lordofthebrocean (657 posts) - - Show Bio
@jacobyLIVE: Alright. Then lemme change it. Death, no KO.
#5 Posted by King Saturn (224454 posts) - - Show Bio
probably Sinestro... but it wont be that easy
#6 Posted by drkhwk2001 (4433 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is a beast in h2h combat and his thresh hold for pain in battle is incredible so I think i'll go with thor in this one.

#7 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro wins
#8 Posted by jacobyLIVE (1828 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have to give it to Thor, but only after a long and hard battle wherein Sinestro depletes his rings power and is left helpless. Great match-up, though.

#9 Posted by Red_Blade (2441 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
" Sinestro would beat Thor, but some later comments might say it's extremely easy, but I think he could win in a fairly decent battle. "
I agree with you
#10 Posted by Goenitz (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

#11 Posted by Jedisupermaster (1150 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins.

#12 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio
Thor is more versatile, and should be able to do break any Sinsetro's constructs. I go with thor here. 
#13 Posted by termiteone4ever (7709 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro . This freak is just too much of a bad Ass and with way more possibilities than THor

#14 Posted by Jedisupermaster (1150 posts) - - Show Bio

@termiteone4ever said:

Sinestro . This freak is just too much of a bad Ass and with way more possibilities than THor

Thor absorb Sinestros soul. The end.

#15 Posted by termiteone4ever (7709 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jedisupermaster said:

@termiteone4ever said:

With his powerful he easily Blocks Thor from doing this. The Ring has Dealt with Magic energies before this is nothing. This is not happening . Sinestro is no fool and THir is not winning here.

#16 Posted by Jedisupermaster (1150 posts) - - Show Bio

@termiteone4ever said:

@Jedisupermaster said:

@termiteone4ever said:

With his powerful he easily Blocks Thor from doing this. The Ring has Dealt with Magic energies before this is nothing. This is not happening . Sinestro is no fool and THir is not winning here.

With his power he easily beats Sinestro up. realy, Thor is no joke and he has a lot of deadly abilities. And dont forget about his durability - he withstood blasts from celestials.

#17 Posted by termiteone4ever (7709 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jedisupermaster said:

@termiteone4ever said:

@Jedisupermaster said:

@termiteone4ever said:

With his power he easily beats Sinestro up. realy, Thor is no joke and he has a lot of deadly abilities. And dont forget about his durability - he withstood blasts from celestials.

This wont save him from Sinesto all he is just too Versatile as a character. Even for an evil / Good guy lol

#18 Posted by Jedisupermaster (1150 posts) - - Show Bio

@termiteone4ever said:

@Jedisupermaster said:

@termiteone4ever said:

@Jedisupermaster said:

@termiteone4ever said:

This wont save him from Sinesto all he is just too Versatile as a character. Even for an evil / Good guy lol

Thors feats are more impressive.

#19 Posted by Saren (25902 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jedisupermaster said:

@termiteone4ever said:

@Jedisupermaster said:

@termiteone4ever said:

And he was also killed by a giant snake who may or may not have been at skyfather levels. Since there aren't really any feats let's say he wasn't. Thor has high showings, Thor has low showings. Neither one is definitive of the character. His fights against his standard enemies are what actually defines his durability.

#20 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor for sure.

#21 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

@Jedisupermaster said:

@termiteone4ever said:

@Jedisupermaster said:

@termiteone4ever said:

And he was also killed by a giant snake who may or may not have been at skyfather levels. Since there aren't really any feats let's say he wasn't. Thor has high showings, Thor has low showings. Neither one is definitive of the character. His fights against his standard enemies are what actually defines his durability.

Sorry, but You can't measure what is standard for Thor or anyone else, besides people who have something like 30 apperances at best. 
Beside this, I agree that taking blast from powerfull person once isn't a prove, because (if) we don't know how powerfull such a blast is. For example we know that Thanos have taken blasts from Galactus, Odin and Omega. 
Thor's durability is above planet level, when we talk about energy attacks, it is barely even limited thanks to Mjolnir.
#22 Posted by HolySerpent (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro

#23 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

#24 Posted by Red_5 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

good battle. I'll go with Thor for this one.

#25 Posted by Kavahaden (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro would so win i mean come on he has a power ring that he can use to create anything he can think of and even though Thor has an all powerful hammer but a ring that can create your thoughts would definitely lead you to victory.

#26 Posted by greencrapweasel (137 posts) - - Show Bio

i want to say thor but im thinking sinestro would put up a good fight sooooo eh itd be close

#27 Posted by termiteone4ever (7709 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@Jedisupermaster said:

@termiteone4ever said:

@Jedisupermaster said:

@termiteone4ever said:

Good point :)

#28 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kavahaden said:

Sinestro would so win i mean come on he has a power ring that he can use to create anything he can think of and even though Thor has an all powerful hammer but a ring that can create your thoughts would definitely lead you to victory.

No, it don't. It matters how powerfull are his constructs (not beyond Thor's level, so Thor can break them), it matters that Mjolnir > ring and it matters that ring depends on energy which can be absorbed by Mjolnir.
#29 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

@Jedisupermaster said:

@termiteone4ever said:

@Jedisupermaster said:

@termiteone4ever said:

The Serpent should definitely be a Skyfather. Also, I don't think he killed Thor. He barely did anything to Thor in their battle.
#30 Posted by Kavahaden (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_sameal666 that may be but lets face it they're both experienced fighters and are both seen as being powerful opponents but Sinestro is a little more resourceful so he would probably think of a way to win in a fight versus Thor

#31 Posted by progenitor (7551 posts) - - Show Bio

Although I wouldn't dare underestimate Sinestro, considering he's known as one of the premiere ring-slingers, I do think Thor has what it takes in his versatility with Mjolnir and his own godly phsyiology to take down Sinestro. Either way, it would be a real good fight.

#32 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

The Odinson triumphs.

#33 Posted by SteveRogers (411 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by BillionDollarMan (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro is more versatile with his Ring than Thor is with his Hammer; but that is all Sinestro has. Whereas Thor has other abilities besides his Hammer that he can rely on. And that is a huge factor in this battle. I must give my vote to Thor.

#35 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro. His yellow power ring+combat experience+evil dictator(he misused his experience as a green lantern and became a yellow lantern)=Thor loses(this Thor loses after a long and bloody battle)

I saw a scan that when Sinestro possessed the Life Entity(or something else, not sure right now)he was able to go head to head with Necron(although Necron eventually separated the two beings).

#36 Posted by HolySerpent (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro wins

#37 Posted by MyronLee26 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

Thor is more versatile, and should be able to do break any Sinsetro's constructs. I go with thor here.

I agree.

Not only that, he can use Mjolnir to absorb Sinestro's energy constructs from his ring.

#38 Posted by SithLantern93 (2167 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro

#39 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2177 posts) - - Show Bio
@BillionDollarMan said:
Sinestro is more versatile with his Ring than Thor is with his Hammer; but that is all Sinestro has. Whereas Thor has other abilities besides his Hammer that he can rely on. And that is a huge factor in this battle. I must give my vote to Thor.
QFT.
#40 Posted by Onemoreposter (4069 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's close to Superman level right? I want to say he pulls off (post)light speeds. His reflexes are gonna be super quick as well. Sinestro can achieve similar speed but I was always under the impression lanterns go on a sort of autopilot when traveling vast distances quickly. You could make a case for the ring augmenting the speed of the users brain, but I've never seen any evidence for it. Thor beats Sinestro for the same reason supes does. Even if the ring can match his strength he's just to damn quick and durable to boot. His power is innate while sinestro's power can be weakened, depleted, or broken.

#41 Posted by chriconz123 (582 posts) - - Show Bio

I must give this to Thor, his durability and that PIS hammer of his is just too much for any Lantern. But I would say this would be a close one.

#42 Posted by xdm (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro

Sinestro on Qward
#43 Posted by Park (2976 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

#44 Posted by BigCimmerian (8585 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins this

#45 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro with a slight majority.

#46 Edited by Havenless (1375 posts) - - Show Bio

How long can a lantern go before he drains his ring? Has a lantern ever used it non stop before it drains? This is the only weakness either one has. I don't really see Thor dying before this. Add that Thor can speed up the process by absorbing Sinestro's constructs and then the guy's on a time limit. Even if it's days, still.

#47 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Mjolnir goes vampire on Sinestro

Thor wins

#48 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5537 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate. Thor has so much raw power but Sinestro is so damn good with his ring I don't know.

#49 Posted by The Stegman (25057 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm giving it to Sinestro, I've seen his ring hurt Kryptonians, and I doubt Thor's durability is greater than that, if he fights seriously, Sinestro can simply cut Thor's head off with a giant yellow pair of scissors 

#50 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said: