• 108 results
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Killemall

@ComicStooge: Not a huge context, he did have two GL rings both on the same hand which kind of makes it odd. Also given the fact that Kilowog was first beaten by Hal Jordan, and later killed during Emerald Twiligh well rather one shotted and turned into bones, and in light of him never having any sort of high end feat but being defeated by Sinestro, and struggling with Arkillo its a major PIS. Given the fact that issue was written by Bendis who has a very nice record of making character job beyond belief , like what happened to Thanos recently, and gorgon and Mr. X, i would say its prudent to , at the least, look at that with a grain on salt.

Agree? Disagree??

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By ComicStooge

@Killemall said:

@ComicStooge: Not a huge context, he did have two GL rings both on the same hand which kind of makes it odd. Also given the fact that Kilowog was first beaten by Hal Jordan, and later killed during Emerald Twiligh well rather one shotted and turned into bones, and in light of him never having any sort of high end feat but being defeated by Sinestro, and struggling with Arkillo its a major PIS. Given the fact that issue was written by Bendis who has a very nice record of making character job beyond belief , like what happened to Thanos recently, and gorgon and Mr. X, i would say its prudent to , at the least, look at that with a grain on salt.

Agree? Disagree??

I think I'd agree with that.

Avatar image for jonatok19981998
jonatok19981998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By jonatok19981998

i would say superman because your talking about the man of steel plus superman is now immune to kryptanite though i am a sinestro fan big time fan!!!!!!!!!!! sinestro would put up one hell of a fight but superman yes he could speed blitz but sinestros beams are light speed to so he could stop it. from a 1 to 10 (sinestro 9) (superman 10) thats how it would go down but superman wouldnt come out easy peasy even he said the rings pack a punch. now white lantern sinestro would be a 50/50 fight which would be even. yellow lantern sinestro would make a 60 for supes and 40 for sinestro. i kinda like to study and wiki this stuff lol.

in blackest day in brightest night beware your fears made into light let those who try to stop whats right burn like my power sinestros might

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Jayfournines

@jonatok19981998 said:

i would say superman because your talking about the man of steel plus superman is now immune to kryptanite though i am a sinestro fan big time fan!!!!!!!!!!! sinestro would put up one hell of a fight but superman yes he could speed blitz but sinestros beams are light speed to so he could stop it. from a 1 to 10 (sinestro 9) (superman 10) thats how it would go down but superman wouldnt come out easy peasy even he said the rings pack a punch. now white lantern sinestro would be a 50/50 fight which would be even. yellow lantern sinestro would make a 60 for supes and 40 for sinestro. i kinda like to study and wiki this stuff lol.

in blackest day in brightest night beware your fears made into light let those who try to stop whats right burn like my power sinestros might

When did Superman become immune to kryptonite...I missed that

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By oceanmaster21

well it all depends are they both bloodlusted and it also depends on which lantern ring sinestro posses during the fight as well if its green good fight but superman but if its yellow or white sinestro owns him

theDCkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By theDCkid

Superman wins

Avatar image for ultrasupertrooper
UltraSuperTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so sick of lantern fanboys, they are good but soooooo overrated. Especially against powerhouses like superman. sinestro literally has no chance here, superman wins this

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By CalebHara

Watch this awesome video.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#59  Edited By ccraft

I read that Lanterns could create the radiation of kryptonite? Has this ever happened? @Emerald_General_Jai said:

@AtPhantom said:
"@King Saturn said:
"oh okay... "
It's all flimsy. In blackest night 0 it is stated that GL rings are: "capable of creating constructs of whatever shape they imagine. They also provide flight, force fields, communication and access to the nearly infinite knowledge held within the book of Oa". This seems to limit the rings abilities, previously stated to be "anything you can think of", and leaves little room for creating radiation and other exotic abilities. However, lanterns have been observed doing things outside of this new parameter relatively recently, such as duplicating a ring, making things invisible, generating air for an entire planet, regulating internal bodily functions and so on... In the conclusion of SCW, a yellow ring told Mongul that it would take several days to catalog all of the rings abilities, which would presumably be far wider than what was written in BN0, but again, we all know how fond Geoff is of retcons..Just thought to get that out of my head :P"
Yeah ur prob right, but mostly it looks like he gave the short version in BN0, especially since it was supposed to be so new reader friendly. As for this. Sinestro has the power he needs to do it. IF Kal doesn't speed blitz him. Dunno if he can react fast enough if he does.
dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By dondave

@ccraft said:

I read that Lanterns could create the radiation of kryptonite? Has this ever happened?@Emerald_General_Jai said:

@AtPhantom said:
"@King Saturn said:
"oh okay... "
It's all flimsy. In blackest night 0 it is stated that GL rings are: "capable of creating constructs of whatever shape they imagine. They also provide flight, force fields, communication and access to the nearly infinite knowledge held within the book of Oa". This seems to limit the rings abilities, previously stated to be "anything you can think of", and leaves little room for creating radiation and other exotic abilities. However, lanterns have been observed doing things outside of this new parameter relatively recently, such as duplicating a ring, making things invisible, generating air for an entire planet, regulating internal bodily functions and so on... In the conclusion of SCW, a yellow ring told Mongul that it would take several days to catalog all of the rings abilities, which would presumably be far wider than what was written in BN0, but again, we all know how fond Geoff is of retcons..Just thought to get that out of my head :P"
Yeah ur prob right, but mostly it looks like he gave the short version in BN0, especially since it was supposed to be so new reader friendly. As for this. Sinestro has the power he needs to do it. IF Kal doesn't speed blitz him. Dunno if he can react fast enough if he does.

That was Pre-Crisis IIRC

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By AllStarSuperman

whats up with all the sinestro fanboys? superman takes this

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By onilordasmodeus

Superman wins.

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Sylvain

Superman wins

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By comic_book_fan

superman wins

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By oceanmaster21

to be honest it cud go either way bc they have beaten each other before so its really hard to call

WALLCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SINESTRO

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinestro

Avatar image for herokiller12344
Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman likes to put on a show when he can, so while he can win, I'm sure that he'd let Sinestro get a few good hits in.

Bluestar27910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wins. but it would be an epic battle!

Overall rating
GLCorps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By GLCorps

Heh no. Sinestro is one of the best villain characters ever created .... but he stands no chance against Superman. In general unless it's a Daxamite or a Kryptonian a Green Lantern won't be able to deliver significant damage or advantige against Kal El. It is Kal El we're talking about. The most experienced Kryptonian superhero who has seen all a lot and knows even more. He easily brakes Hal Jordan's constructs and I don't understand why Sinestro would do any better considering the fact that Hal allways beats him. Superman / Sinestro Fight would be over within a minute, including capture and start of interrogation.

Avatar image for carlito_keyes34
carlito_keyes34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you people slow? Sinestro's ring would be gone before he has a chance to act! Look at Injustice (do NOT say that a video game with accurate character abilities in story mode cutscenes dosen't count) SUPERMAN GRABBED SINESTRO'S WRIST AND PULLED OFF HIS RING AND TOSSED HIM ASIDE! Sinestros ring cannot match the will, strength and speed of Superman who is the most powerful Kryptonian. His speed alone would overpower Sinestro no matter how many KRYPTONITE constructs he can form. The fight would be over before he has the chance to use his ring.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Superman wins.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

One of the most fair fights i'd say there almost is after Green arrow vs Hawkeye.. Sinestro will just keep pissing him of because he will keep on shaping shields and stuffs all time. or he finish him of with a Kryptonite hammer

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wins

He's fought and beaten GLs like Hal and Kyle before and Hal constantly triumphs over Sinestro.

I would also give superman the speed advantage.

Strength advantage.

Intellect advantage as well I think.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

doesn't supes always beat up green lanterns? why should sinestro be any different?

SinestroFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinestro greatest lantern ever... I believe he could beat supes simply through tactical intellect

SinestroFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With morals on sinestro cuz while sinestro will do whatever it takes to kill supes, supes won't go for the killing blow which in my opinion gives sinestro the fight... No morals though against blood lust superman... Game over for sinestro!

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Sinestro.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

doesn't supes always beat up green lanterns? why should sinestro be any different?

No, Superman doesn't always "beat up" GL's. John one-shotted him during Rebirth. Pieface with Hal's ring beat him easily using Hal's plans. Kyle Rayner messed up his face with energy blasts while not at full efficency.

Sinestro drills a hole in Superman.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By mjolnirson

Superman godstomps

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The stache

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinestro

Avatar image for captainmarvelthunder
CaptainMarvelThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

SinestroFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carlito_keyes34: lol no the injustice game is not cannon and Sinestro would pown

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinestro

Avatar image for spiderfan130666
SpiderFan130666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

Sinestro relies on fear to fuel his ring. Superman is not scared by him at all. Even the Sinestro Corps would have a hard time putting down the Man of Steel. This is a mismatch unless of course Sinestro is fuelled by the fear of others.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman is clearly written to be above lanterns. he wins this pretty handedly.

Avatar image for dont_tread_onme
Dont_Tread_OnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinestro ftw

Costy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wins this

speedincarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By speedincarnate

Sinestro. Hal is often written to be Clark's equal/slight superior, so Sinestro should win.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee927346fb
deactivated-5aeee927346fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

Thoromdil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Thoromdil

Very hard fight. No matter who wins it COULD go either way for the other one 4,9/10. It's gonna be either extreamly close or stalemate. This really is a matchup of characters with similar level of capabilities. I will say this though - fight conditions can regulate this matchup. Superman is suited for long fights as well as short because of his healing factor, high durability and self-refillable sun energy. Sinestro's ring on the other hand will run out of juice soon enough leaving him hopeless if the fight drags for too long. His durability is also only limited to his forcefields. If you get through them, you are punching a guy with street levels durability. Sinestro also has no healing factor. He will eventually get tired, dizzy, hungry, sleepy etc. Superman won't as long as the sun shines. This difference may be a reason why Superman will win the SLIGHT majority here. But like I said it's close. Sinestro has all the tools he needs to take down Sups as well. It really will take specific fight conditions like heavily prolonged battle for him to lose.

speedincarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thoromdil: The fight will most certainly not last 24 hours. Most elite lanterns like Hal can beat Superman in under an hour, let alone more than 2.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#97  Edited By ProteusXManRxis

Bump

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts