• 75 results
#1 Posted by spawn_obsessed (432 posts) - - Show Bio

who wins?

#2 Posted by Arkzist (24 posts) - - Show Bio

oh hmm... well one on one i'd go with supes.... especially if you piss him off.... now if sinestro has his corp then supes is no match for the corp

#3 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro handily. the rings are quite capable of producing kryptonite radiation. Even without that, a lantern still packs enough punch to take down a kryptonian, especially when we're talking about the greatest lantern of all time.

#4 Posted by Scarecrow4 (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman should take this

#5 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio

supes speed blitz, game over

#6 Posted by MrDirector786 (43420 posts) - - Show Bio

If Superman can work fast enough, he can win. Otherwise, no.

#7 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
"Sinestro handily. the rings are quite capable of producing kryptonite radiation. Even without that, a lantern still packs enough punch to take down a kryptonian, especially when we're talking about the greatest lantern of all time."

#8 Posted by ClarkJosephKent1938DC (682 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#9 Posted by TheGuy (595 posts) - - Show Bio

SInestro, if he gets the blitz. John Stewart can put down Superman, why can't Sinestro?@AtPhantom said:

" Sinestro handily. the rings are quite capable of producing kryptonite radiation. Even without that, a lantern still packs enough punch to take down a kryptonian, especially when we're talking about the greatest lantern of all time. "
Quoted for truth
#10 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes

#11 Posted by Nowhere Man. (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#12 Posted by King Saturn (223841 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" Sinestro handily. the rings are quite capable of producing kryptonite radiation. Even without that, a lantern still packs enough punch to take down a kryptonian, especially when we're talking about the greatest lantern of all time. "
the Yellow Rings can produce Kryptonite too ? damn...
#13 Posted by omniproud (39 posts) - - Show Bio

sinestro can produce radiation similar to kryptonite but its yellow isn't suppose to be green lol because really I heard yellow kryptonite does not affect supes. It has to be green to beat supes

#14 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@omniproud said:
"

sinestro can produce radiation similar to kryptonite but its yellow isn't suppose to be green lol because really I heard yellow kryptonite does not affect supes. It has to be green to beat supes

"
False. Sinestro's ring is capable of creating yellow constructs. Radiation is radiation no matter the color. If he want's to make green K radiation, the color of his rings wouldn't stop him.

However, I have recently come to doubt if this ability is still canon...
#15 Posted by King Saturn (223841 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @omniproud said:
"

"
False. Sinestro's ring is capable of creating yellow constructs. Radiation is radiation no matter the color. If he want's to make green K radiation, the color of his rings wouldn't stop him.However, I have recently come to doubt if this ability is still canon... "
and why is that ?
#16 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" and why is that ? "
Some things I have seen in blackest night 0, and the fact that this ability has not been used for some time now...

But this doesn't mean Sinestro will lose.
#17 Posted by King Saturn (223841 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @King Saturn said:
" and why is that ? "
Some things I have seen in blackest night 0, and the fact that this ability has not been used for some time now...But this doesn't mean Sinestro will lose. "
oh okay...
#18 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
"oh okay... "
It's all flimsy. In blackest night 0 it is stated that GL rings are: "capable of creating constructs of whatever shape they imagine. They also provide flight, force fields, communication and access to the nearly infinite knowledge held within the book of Oa".
This seems to limit the rings abilities, previously stated to be "anything you can think of", and leaves little room for creating radiation and other exotic abilities.

However, lanterns have been observed doing things outside of this new parameter relatively recently, such as duplicating a ring, making things invisible, generating air for an entire planet, regulating internal bodily functions and so on...
In the conclusion of SCW, a yellow ring told Mongul that it would take several days to catalog all of the rings abilities, which would presumably be far wider than what was written in BN0, but again, we all know how fond Geoff is of retcons..

Just thought to get that out of my head :P
#19 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
"@King Saturn said:
"oh okay... "
It's all flimsy. In blackest night 0 it is stated that GL rings are: "capable of creating constructs of whatever shape they imagine. They also provide flight, force fields, communication and access to the nearly infinite knowledge held within the book of Oa". This seems to limit the rings abilities, previously stated to be "anything you can think of", and leaves little room for creating radiation and other exotic abilities. However, lanterns have been observed doing things outside of this new parameter relatively recently, such as duplicating a ring, making things invisible, generating air for an entire planet, regulating internal bodily functions and so on... In the conclusion of SCW, a yellow ring told Mongul that it would take several days to catalog all of the rings abilities, which would presumably be far wider than what was written in BN0, but again, we all know how fond Geoff is of retcons..Just thought to get that out of my head :P"

Yeah ur prob right, but mostly it looks like he gave the short version in BN0, especially since it was supposed to be so new reader friendly.  As for this. Sinestro has the power he needs to do it. IF Kal doesn't speed blitz him. Dunno if he can react fast enough if he does.
#20 Edited by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emerald_General_Jai said:
" @AtPhantom said:
"It's all flimsy. In blackest night 0 it is stated that GL rings are: "capable of creating constructs of whatever shape they imagine. They also provide flight, force fields, communication and access to the nearly infinite knowledge held within the book of Oa". This seems to limit the rings abilities, previously stated to be "anything you can think of", and leaves little room for creating radiation and other exotic abilities. However, lanterns have been observed doing things outside of this new parameter relatively recently, such as duplicating a ring, making things invisible, generating air for an entire planet, regulating internal bodily functions and so on... In the conclusion of SCW, a yellow ring told Mongul that it would take several days to catalog all of the rings abilities, which would presumably be far wider than what was written in BN0, but again, we all know how fond Geoff is of retcons..Just thought to get that out of my head :P"
Yeah ur prob right, but mostly it looks like he gave the short version in BN0, especially since it was supposed to be so new reader friendly.  As for this. Sinestro has the power he needs to do it. IF Kal doesn't speed blitz him. Dunno if he can react fast enough if he does. "
Yeah, but it's worth mentioning that none of the abilities I've listed here (apart from ring duplication. way back in GL rebirth, and bodily functions regulations which was never shown on paper) were shown in books written by Johns, and Johns is the current the Authority on GL, so it's possible that these feats were "unsanctioned" by Johns himself.
#21 Posted by King Saturn (223841 posts) - - Show Bio
while we are talking about ring wielders...

Who here has seen the Green Lantern - First Flight movie ?
#22 Posted by Omnithian (374 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Supes may be a bit outmatched here.. though he is no normal kryptonian.. like superboy or kara... a GL may be able to put down a Kryptonian.. but then again we are talking supes here... I think it's a good match up.. but I'm going to have to side with Sinestro on this one...

#23 Posted by King Saturn (223841 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @King Saturn said:
"oh okay... "
It's all flimsy. In blackest night 0 it is stated that GL rings are: "capable of creating constructs of whatever shape they imagine. They also provide flight, force fields, communication and access to the nearly infinite knowledge held within the book of Oa". This seems to limit the rings abilities, previously stated to be "anything you can think of", and leaves little room for creating radiation and other exotic abilities. However, lanterns have been observed doing things outside of this new parameter relatively recently, such as duplicating a ring, making things invisible, generating air for an entire planet, regulating internal bodily functions and so on... In the conclusion of SCW, a yellow ring told Mongul that it would take several days to catalog all of the rings abilities, which would presumably be far wider than what was written in BN0, but again, we all know how fond Geoff is of retcons..Just thought to get that out of my head :P "
yeah... Geoff Johns loves to change up so many different things... sometimes I am cool with it... but I mean it can be rather annoying at times as well
#24 Posted by Scarecrow4 (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman I'm pretty sure would end this fight Fairly fast knowing what a green lantern can do.

#25 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro creates Kryptonite with the Qwardian Ring and kills Supes. Time of fight: 2.5 seconds

#26 Posted by Scarecrow4 (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman One Shots Sinestro.  Time of fight .0000002158 of a second

#27 Posted by MrDirector786 (43420 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" while we are talking about ring wielders...

Who here has seen the Green Lantern - First Flight movie ?
"
Me. I thought it was pretty good.
#28 Posted by zi721 (147 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
"Sinestro handily. the rings are quite capable of producing kryptonite radiation. Even without that, a lantern still packs enough punch to take down a kryptonian, especially when we're talking about the greatest lantern of all time."

If Sinestro's ring is capable of duplicating kryptonite radiation, than I'll go with Sinestro(otherwise Superman, though it would be extremely close with someone as resourceful as Sinestro *he would probably direct his energy through softer parts of the body like Superman's eyes, ears, etc.).
#29 Posted by zi721 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Now what about Cyborg-Superman vs Sinestro?
#30 Posted by King Luis (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure who. 

#31 Posted by BIackFlash (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman maybe, he's much faster, if he fights out of character and opens with a blitz I see Space-Hitler going down

If Superman turns up with his usual I'm so tough hill billy attitude and arrogant Space Hitler will have Superman pooping out kryptonite bricks for the next few weeks

#32 Edited by Sabre979 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman win against Sinestro, Superman has gone up against Kyle Rayner and Hal Jordan.  I don't remember the issues now but if memory serves me he survived blasts from both GL's (in different stories).     Even if Sinestro creates Kryptonite radiation honestly folks how is that an automatic win?  Lex Luthor and other villians have been trying to stop Superman with kryptonite for decades, how has that worked for them?  Secondly the rings used by Green Lanterns and the likes of Sinestro are thought based weapons.  What good is a thought based weapon against someone who can move faster than thought?  Also Supeman knows what these rings can do so he's prepared as well.  Superman takes this easy. 
#33 Posted by Goenitz (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

#34 Posted by Ms. Omega (4404 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro

#35 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

@ Saber979: You bring up some good points but there are some things that I would like to comment on. Okay, so superman has survived some blasts from gl's, that doesn't mean that they can't hurt or stop him if it is a desperate situation. It isn't like if a character can take a few hits from superman that superman won't be able to defeat the opponent. You bring up a good point about other people using kryponite, but seriously, he almost always gets lucky somehow. With no interference... it might be a different story. Plus, using it the way a lantern could, means that it is probably way more versatile and affective. About thought based speed.... this argument is true technically, but then what does this mean for nearly anyone superman would fight? I mean, would be nearly impossible to ever hit the guy with anything if he was smart enough/ capable of being in this mode more often. Superman doesn't win easily, and kryptonite aside, I can see a lantern taking him out. Supes could win, but if I have to choose: Sinestro. 

#36 Posted by glforthewin (2355 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
#37 Posted by MisterShin (228 posts) - - Show Bio
@Goenitz said:
"
"
Sinestro, i mean look at this badass pic. (U know he gonna bring some pain. lol)
#38 Posted by ILoveComics (82 posts) - - Show Bio

What is this speed blitz crap? So he's fast so are green lanterns Sinestro can teleport in and out of the anti matter universe, he and other lanterns have shown to be able to go at super speeds. Suermans been built up so much as this super strong character that they finally have gone out of there minds having him servive nova's from braniac. Supermans greatest power is to BS the audience. One moment he's punching Braniac the REAL Braniac, and its not having any affect, the next moment he's throwing braniac into a high security prison.......what a load of crap. There was a blackest night superman why didnt he just speed blitze everyone and kill them all, heck half the black lanterns didnt even use most of there powers. This has become a joke to some comic fans me included because of the BS feats he's been doing lately such as destroying darkseid with his voice. DC comics is to much plot device not enough substance. Green Lantern is the only comic i read from them regularly cause Sinestro corps put them on the map FOR ME. A contstruct is made out of light then why cant sinestro thus travel at the speed of light or at least his constructs? Sinestro is a little guy but he's not anyone to mess with, the lanterns like guy gardner and kyle rayner know this, only Jordon seemed to be on his level. So John Steward can hurt Superman he did do that in the REBIRTH series, Sinestro has shown to be more adept at using his power then most lanterns. He's also smart, Mongul is big and strong stronger then superman he tried to manhandle Sinestro and he did for a while but he underestimated Sinestro and got inpaled as well as traped in the Yellow Lantern Battery. That means......hey DONT FCK WITH SINESTRO no matter who you are, because he's a planner. He's not lex luthor planner his plans go far beyond killing one krypotonian, his plans are universal. he DID get the laws of Oa changed, He did lose a war but his goal was much bigger then eradicating the green lantern corps. He should have stayed the white lantern so what if he's got an ego........like Jordon doesnt?
#39 Posted by ghostm13 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

What if that happens to supes. super man would be so scared sinestro would be unstop-able. and sinestro would just kill him.

#40 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#41 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Edited by drgnx (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Lanterns still create K - radiation post crises?

On one hand, Sups defeated enemies with Kryptonite in the past. On the other hand, Green Lanterns using it against Superman would have had morals on and Sinistro would make no such mistake..

I'd say if this is post crisis and a lantern (especially non-green lantern) has not been seen to use this, then I'm going to pick Sups, otherwise Sinistro, unless the power needed to do so leaves him vulnerable.

#43 Posted by Thorcules (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro

#44 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman I can't possibly see how he isn't destroyed by the speed blitz

#45 Posted by Clark_EL (2583 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sabre979 said:

Superman win against Sinestro, Superman has gone up against Kyle Rayner and Hal Jordan. I don't remember the issues now but if memory serves me he survived blasts from both GL's (in different stories). Even if Sinestro creates Kryptonite radiation honestly folks how is that an automatic win? Lex Luthor and other villians have been trying to stop Superman with kryptonite for decades, how has that worked for them? Secondly the rings used by Green Lanterns and the likes of Sinestro are thought based weapons. What good is a thought based weapon against someone who can move faster than thought? Also Supeman knows what these rings can do so he's prepared as well. Superman takes this easy.

...This

#46 Posted by mysoulz (271 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro takes it

#47 Posted by ComicStooge (12076 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

Can Lanterns still create K - radiation post crises?

On one hand, Sups defeated enemies with Kryptonite in the past. On the other hand, Green Lanterns using it against Superman would have had morals on and Sinistro would make no such mistake..

I'd say if this is post crisis and a lantern (especially non-green lantern) has not been seen to use this, then I'm going to pick Sups, otherwise Sinistro, unless the power needed to do so leaves him vulnerable.

They can't make Kryptonite anymore. I don't think it's been done since Pre-Crisis.

#48 Posted by SoA (4709 posts) - - Show Bio

kilowog has been given the feat of beating superman if not holding his own against him , sinestro could win but if supes was really in the fight he can be sinestro but not easily im siding with sinestro based solely on his awesome factor.

#49 Posted by Killemall (18326 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

1. Green Lantern / Yellow Lantern or any lantern has never made a kyrptonite thus far that i know of.

2. Superman has speed advantage.

3. Superman level beings have always been able to break GL constructs, i do not see how Sinestro's construct should be any different.

4. I wouldnt give Hal Jordan any better odds against Superman, and he has consistently beaten Sinestro. By my count its 2-5 in Hal Jordan's favour.

5. Kilowog beating Superman seems iffy, not to mention he had 2 rings.

Superman should be able to break his construct, and provided he can get it a couple of good hits Sinestro will go down, the same cant be said for sinestro.

#50 Posted by ComicStooge (12076 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

Superman.

1. Green Lantern / Yellow Lantern or any lantern has never made a kyrptonite thus far that i know of.

2. Superman has speed advantage.

3. Superman level beings have always been able to break GL constructs, i do not see how Sinestro's construct should be any different.

4. I wouldnt give Hal Jordan any better odds against Superman, and he has consistently beaten Sinestro. By my count its 2-5 in Hal Jordan's favour.

5. Kilowog beating Superman seems iffy, not to mention he had 2 rings.

Superman should be able to break his construct, and provided he can get it a couple of good hits Sinestro will go down, the same cant be said for sinestro.

Yeah, is there context for that Kilowog vs Superman scan?