Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@JediXMan said:
From what I've seen, Sinestro.
Can't Sinestro Corps and other ring wielders such as Green Lanterns contain supernovas? Which is one of the most powerful attacks I have seen from Sephiroth. 
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lance Bastro

sephiroth... he will play with their mind....

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@OmegaDynasty said:
@JediXMan said:
Can't Sinestro Corps and other ring wielders such as Green Lanterns contain supernovas? Which is one of the most powerful attacks I have seen from Sephiroth. 
Pretty sure they can, yes. I could be wrong, but I think Kilowog actually teaches trainees to contain black holes. Black holes >>> super novas.
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lance Bastro
@JediXMan said:
@OmegaDynasty said:
@JediXMan said:
Pretty sure they can, yes. I could be wrong, but I think Kilowog actually teaches trainees to contain black holes. Black holes >>> super novas.
super nova's have more push, black holes have more pull. lol
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Lance Bastro said:
@JediXMan said:
@OmegaDynasty said:
@JediXMan said:
super nova's have more push, black holes have more pull. lol
Nothing as far as we know can escape a black hole. Light cannot escape a black hole. The "pull" of a black hole is greater than the "push" of a nova..
Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinestro

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By nefarious

Sinestro wins. 

monarch2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By monarch2016

sinestro wins
and sephiroth's supernova thing is non canon

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Freefa11
@OmegaDynasty said:
@JediXMan said:
Anybody know when this actually happened. I've heard it before as well, but I'm a little suspicious. It seems pretty far outside the normal capabilities of most green lanterns, and even Hal and Kyle have been taken down by less. I'm not saying it never happened, just that it seems like a pretty big outlier. 

@JediXMan said: 
They aren't really that comparable. One is a massive outward explosion of EM radiation and very high energy particles, the other is an extremely curved region of space-time that causes things to fall into it just like any other gravity well, except it has a "point of no return," which really shouldn't even be an issue in the comics universe. If our sun were to suddenly collapse into a black hole, the effects on the solar system would be far less devastating than if it suddenly went nova, let alone super nova. 

How big are these black holes anyway? Black holes can be pretty much any size in theory. One like the thing Superman held once isn't all that impressive a feat (well, relatively speaking). And now that I think about it, it took Superman and John Stewart together to contain the thing. And I would assume the shields are being set up outside the event horizon, which isn't where the wonky stuff happens anyway. 

@JediXMan said: 
Nothing as far as we know can escape a black hole. Light cannot escape a black hole. The "pull" of a black hole is greater than the "push" of a nova..
Nothing we know of can escape a black hole in our universe because nothing we know of can exceed the speed of light in our universe. When we're dealing with a universe where characters can routinely travel anywhere from hundreds to millions of times the speed of light, the inescapability of black holes really shouldn't be an issue anymore. Anything capable of FTL travel should be able to pass the standard event horizon of a black hole. 

@baron2011 said:
sinestro wins and sephiroth's supernova thing is non canon
Nope. Sure is fun to watch though. Especially if he uses it more than once in the fight. 

monarch2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By monarch2016
@Freefa11 said:

@OmegaDynasty said:

@JediXMan said:

Anybody know when this actually happened. I've heard it before as well, but I'm a little suspicious. It seems pretty far outside the normal capabilities of most green lanterns, and even Hal and Kyle have been taken down by less. I'm not saying it never happened, just that it seems like a pretty big outlier. 

@JediXMan said: 

They aren't really that comparable. One is a massive outward explosion of EM radiation and very high energy particles, the other is an extremely curved region of space-time that causes things to fall into it just like any other gravity well, except it has a "point of no return," which really shouldn't even be an issue in the comics universe. If our sun were to suddenly collapse into a black hole, the effects on the solar system would be far less devastating than if it suddenly went nova, let alone super nova. 

How big are these black holes anyway? Black holes can be pretty much any size in theory. One like the thing Superman held once isn't all that impressive a feat (well, relatively speaking). And now that I think about it, it took Superman and John Stewart together to contain the thing. And I would assume the shields are being set up outside the event horizon, which isn't where the wonky stuff happens anyway. 

@JediXMan said: 

Nothing we know of can escape a black hole in our universe because nothing we know of can exceed the speed of light in our universe. When we're dealing with a universe where characters can routinely travel anywhere from hundreds to millions of times the speed of light, the inescapability of black holes really shouldn't be an issue anymore. Anything capable of FTL travel should be able to pass the standard event horizon of a black hole. 

@baron2011 said:

sinestro wins and sephiroth's supernova thing is non canon

Nope. Sure is fun to watch though. Especially if he uses it more than once in the fight. 

in the canon japanese version of the game this never happend so it is non canon
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Freefa11
@baron2011 said:

1) I was agreeing that it was non-canon, just said it was fun to watch. 

2) Since when is the American version considered non-canon?
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dark Cloud™

Sinestro, spite.

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lance Bastro
@Freefa11 said:
@baron2011 said:

1) I was agreeing that it was non-canon, just said it was fun to watch.  2) Since when is the American version considered non-canon?

the japanese verion is the same thing with less animation... if we minus the comet blowing up the sun, that makes sephiroth even more powerful because in the japanese version all he does is blow up the sun without the comet. 

The Opposite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The Opposite

sinestro looses

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Chaos Prime

Thought this type of match-up wasnt allowed?

Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@Chaos Prime said:
There are no anime characters involved. Sephiroth is a video game character and seeing alot of Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Capcom characters vs Comics is proof that it is allowed.
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Chaos Prime
@Cypher's Gambit said:
@Chaos Prime said:
There are no anime characters involved. Sephiroth is a video game character and seeing alot of Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Capcom characters vs Comics is proof that it is allowed.
So he hasnt been in an anime cartoon or comic?
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@Chaos Prime said:
@Cypher's Gambit said:
@Chaos Prime said:
Actually, it's about the base of the character. Sephiroth was created as a game character, but due to pop culture, they moved him to manga and anime. But then again, so has X-Men (X-Men manga and anime). For example: if we use anime X-Men vs comic X-men: That is allowed because both of them originate from comics.
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Chaos Prime
@Cypher's Gambit said:
@Chaos Prime said:
@Cypher's Gambit said:
@Chaos Prime said:
Actually, it's about the base of the character. Sephiroth was created as a game character, but due to pop culture, they moved him to manga and anime. But then again, so has X-Men (X-Men manga and anime). For example: if we use anime X-Men vs comic X-men: That is allowed because both of them originate from comics.
Was only asking because im sure i see an anime cartoon few years back with him init..Rather good it was too :-)
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@Chaos Prime said:
@Cypher's Gambit said:
@Chaos Prime said:
@Cypher's Gambit said:
@Chaos Prime said:
Was only asking because im sure i see an anime cartoon few years back with him init..Rather good it was too :-)
I forgot the name of that anime. It was like a filler of Zack's story.