No Caption Provided

Who wins and why?

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sinestro. His Universal Weapon is better than Ronan's Universal Weapon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinestro. His Universal Weapon is better than Ronan's Universal Weapon.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ZhuRong

Sinestro stomps

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I honestly don't know much about Ronan - so until I see some arguments made for him I'm on the Sinestro side.

He's incredibly versatile, and I do feel like his ring allows him to do more than Ronan's Universal Weapon.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kingant27

Maybe Ronan, his universal weapon is arguably better than a lantern ring.

But I'm still giving it to Sinestro for the moment.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way...leaning toward Ronan since Sinestro isn't that good at using his versaility.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Could go either way...leaning toward Ronan since Sinestro isn't that good at using his versaility.

Lol, how is he not? He's proved himself to be far better than any of the other Green Lanterns.

Doesn't he also currently have Parallax?

Yeah, I'm siding with the Parallax Sinestro.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

Lol, how is he not? He's proved himself to be far better than any of the other Green Lanterns.

He does not have parallax currently. He did in forever evil but he seems to have lost it. He also did little with parallax as well.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn Ronan is getting lowballed.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm inclined to say Ronan would win 6/10 maybe 7/10. He's immobilized Heralds before.

Avatar image for sheryinistoosexy
sheryinistoosexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ronan by ease.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@nickthedevil said:

@highaccuser said:

He does not have parallax currently. He did in forever evil but he seems to have lost it. He also did little with parallax as well.

Did he /just/ lose it? Because I was pretty sure he got it, and he could control it too.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

How so? I mean, he's used teleportation and ring making sure, but I've never seen him use telepathy, BFR, matter manipulation, or speedblitzing, and those are the best ways for a lantern to beat Ronan.

Parallax didn't give him the nessecary power to do any more than get stalemated by Hal.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil said:

@highaccuser said:

How so? I mean, he's used teleportation and ring making sure, but I've never seen him use telepathy, BFR, matter manipulation, or speedblitzing, and those are the best ways for a lantern to beat Ronan.

Parallax didn't give him the nessecary power to do any more than get stalemated by Hal.

He also fought Volthoom with Parallax - also Sinestro is far more ruthless with his versatility than the majority of Lantern's I've seen.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

@nickthedevil said:

@highaccuser said:

He also fought Volthoom with Parallax - also Sinestro is far more ruthless with his versatility than the majority of Lantern's I've seen.

Yeah, but he hasn't replicated that kind of power since. How is he more ruthless, specifically in a way that would help here?

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jbourne_32

Ronan he has a lot of handy technology and wrecked Silver Surfer rather easily. He can also absorb energy from sinestro's constructs need be.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure about new-52 Sinestro as I don't follow him but pre-52 would crush Ronan.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By reaverlation

@dondave thoughts?

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Ronan make a time sphere where a certain location aged faster? Like one second to us would be 100 years in the orb.

Couldn't Ronan trap sinestro?

dodirty31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Sinestro in a curbstomp

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd give it to Ronan 6/10.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: While fighting the weaponry he one shorter a solid portion of the army that opposed him by sending bullet/spear like constructs directly through their heads.

I feel as if Sinestro would for a kill shot much faster than any of the Green lanterns such as Hal or Kyle.

I'm at work now though - so I can't post any scans or debate much further :)

DaredevilDD78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DaredevilDD78

Sinestro

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen:

@highaccuser: While fighting the weaponry he one shorter a solid portion of the army that opposed him by sending bullet/spear like constructs directly through their heads.

Okay, but that's not him doing the things Batman was afraid a bloodlusted Kyle would or anything. He hasn't turned his enemies into water has he? That's what I mean by using his versality more brutally.

I feel as if Sinestro would for a kill shot much faster than any of the Green lanterns such as Hal or Kyle.

He doesn't have any credible speed feats to put him on par with Hal and Kyle in draw speed, so I don't see why Ronan couldn't just counteract it.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jashro44

Did he /just/ lose it? Because I was pretty sure he got it, and he could control it too.

I haven't read forever evil yet (I think I have it though) but sinestro #1 opens up like this:

No Caption Provided

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ronan 6/10

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either could win

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ronan has autoshields

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: yeah that was pure PIS/WIS he should have mopped Hal with Parallax and that was before the entities got trapped behind the Source Wall.

Back on topic Sinestro can take a slight majority IMO as he's better at using the ring than Ronan is with the hammer, although the hammers pretty versatile. I'll go Sinestro 6.5/10.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@nickthedevil said:

I haven't read forever evil yet (I think I have it though) but sinestro #1 opens up like this:

No Caption Provided

I'm talking about the main GL title.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jashro44

@nickthedevil: Unless something has happened in that title this month than no he doesn't have parallax. He lost it.

And for the purposes of this thread he doesn't have parallax either encase I am missing something.

TheKilBorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ronan, he's a lot more savage than Sinestro

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: yeah that was pure PIS/WIS he should have mopped Hal with Parallax and that was before the entities got trapped behind the Source Wall.

Back on topic Sinestro can take a slight majority IMO as he's better at using the ring than Ronan is with the hammer, although the hammers pretty versatile. I'll go Sinestro 6.5/10.

Not nessecarily given Hal's high end feats that show he has blast power on par with cosmic beings.

I can see why you're giving Sinestro to majority though.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen said:

Ronan has autoshields

Sinestro has shields of his own as well - they tanked a planet busting attack from Volthoom the First Lantern.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jbourne_32 said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

Ronan has autoshields

Sinestro has shields of his own as well - they tanked a planet busting attack from Volthoom the First Lantern.

Wasn't he KO'd by that?

Avatar image for captainmarvelthunder
CaptainMarvelThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinestro

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ronan can beat sinestro after a long fight

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen said:

@jbourne_32 said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

Ronan has autoshields

Wasn't he KO'd by that?

I don't believe so - here are the scans.

He was crying and in a balled up position - but he wasn't knocked out, and it's understandable that he's crying considering his entire planet just got destroyed.

Kind of a bummer.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

@jbourne_32 said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

Ronan has autoshields

Wasn't he KO'd by that?

I don't believe so - here are the scans.

He was crying and in a balled up position - but he wasn't knocked out, and it's understandable that he's crying considering his entire planet just got destroyed.

Kind of a bummer.

Nice, but that won't help if Ronan traps him in an absolute zero/status field or manipulates his energy.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: I don't know Ronin's speed - I know absolutely nothing about Ronin and I've been waiting for someone to make a decent case for him with a display of feats or issue references.

I don't read Marvel at all :/

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: I don't know Ronin's speed - I know absolutely nothing about Ronin and I've been waiting for someone to make a decent case for him with a display of feats or issue references.

I don't read Marvel at all :/

Ronan has reacted to a blitz from Black Bolt...that's it. Sinestro squarely outclasses him in that respect.

I don't have time to give some scans for him. Here's all the feats I can think of:

• Traps Nova in an absolute zero field.
  • Stalemates Silver Surfer.
  • One-shots Black Bolt.
  • With help from Quasar and Surfer he transmutes a star.
  • lolstomps the fantastic four.
  • Stomps Genis-vell(pre-insane of course).
  • One-shotted Ms. Marvel.
  • Drains a force field capable of stopping Silver Surfer

With a weaker hammer during annhilation:

• Stomps Stellaris, who's taken on Thor and Hercules.
  • Tosses Nebula into the stratosphere by nullifing her gravity.
  • The energy bleed from his fight with Gamora was enough to terraform a planet.
  • Matches energy levels with Ravenous, who went toe-to-toe with an amped Surfer and one-shotted Super Skrull.

That's all I got right now.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Interesting.

I feel like the way for Ronin to win would be to drain Sinestro's energy - but IIRC he keeps his Power Battery in a pocket dimension that he can access with his ring, so I don't think it'd put him down for the count.

Sinestro might have the speed advantage though - and I don't know how strong Ronin's shields are.

This is honestly one of those fights that could probably go either way & is incredibly close.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Interesting.

I feel like the way for Ronin to win would be to drain Sinestro's energy - but IIRC he keeps his Power Battery in a pocket dimension that he can access with his ring, so I don't think it'd put him down for the count.

Sinestro might have the speed advantage though - and I don't know how strong Ronin's shields are.

This is honestly one of those fights that could probably go either way & is incredibly close.

That's a pretty good assessment.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BoringPerson

@nickthedevil said:

@jashro44 said:

@nickthedevil said:

@highaccuser said:

Sinestro let Parallax go for unknown reasons. He completely dominated it, which is a rather insane feat seeing as everyone else -even Ganthet- when Parallax possessed just capitulated to it.

Sinestro should be able to counter drain if Ronan so chooses to do so. Ronan's feats just don't compare to Sinestro's imo.

Lanterns have never been affected by gravity or cold as far as I can recall.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sinestro.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jashro44
NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By NimaMindTricks

Could go either way. I'll say Ronan wins barely. He has to use all his best cards available to do it though.

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jbourne_32 said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

Ronan has autoshields

Yeah but im saying Sinestro cant speedblitz Ronan like highaccuser was saying, but ronan can drain his constructs still