• 56 results
#1 Posted by marvelfanboy (509 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro

vs

Black Adam

Battle Conditions

1. Prep

• Both are aware who they are fighting(know their powers,personality, and weaknesses)

2. Gear

3. Character Versions

• Pre DC reboot

4. Character

• Both bloodlusted

5. Location

• Space

• Starts 10 feet apart

6. Extra Rules

• Bfr not allowed

• Win by death

• No time limit

#2 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20120 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam

#4 Posted by WillPayton (9333 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd put my money on Black Adam.

#5 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2807 posts) - - Show Bio

.......C'mon man

#6 Posted by marvelfanboy (509 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by WillPayton (9333 posts) - - Show Bio

Didnt Black Adam once take on the entire Justice League? That's something Sinestro cant do, Hal would wreck him.

Hence, BA wins.

#8 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelfanboy: BA is far too powerful, even for Sinestro...

#9 Posted by marvelfanboy (509 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

Didnt Black Adam once take on the entire Justice League? That's something Sinestro cant do, Hal would wreck him.

Hence, BA wins.

Yes. Singlehandely, I might add.

Yeah...this is a mismatch.

#10 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20120 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

@marvelfanboy: BA is far too powerful, even for Sinestro...

Exactly.

#11 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelfanboy said:

I used the search function and nothing came up.

Just for reference, you have to search both ways...Sinestro vs Black Adam and Black Adam vs Sinestro. Sometimes it is actually easier to just Google search. :)

As to the battle, I will be in the vast minority to everyone enamored with Black Adam's WWIII showings. I can see Sinestro winning this. He's taken it to the entire League before, beaten characters who have also whipped the League solo...Mongul, and characters who could whip the League solo...the Weaponeer. Black Adam WWIII had some good showings, but don't let it color his entire history. In general he's about in the same range as CM and Supes. Sinestro should generally beat them, and more often than not he'll beat BA as well.

#12 Posted by HolySerpent (12515 posts) - - Show Bio

Im going with black adam

#13 Posted by TheSpiritStalker (2049 posts) - - Show Bio

adam

#14 Posted by gonjasufi (173 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro gets the Psycho Pirate treatment. Not really....i just love this scan

#15 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

BLACK ADAM

#16 Posted by marvelfanboy (509 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bo88gdan said:

BLACK ADAM

@TheSpiritStalker said:

adam

@HolySerpent said:

Im going with black adam

I'm loving the explanations....

#17 Posted by Blacklightning13 (916 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Black Adam. He has gone toe to toe with Superman, Captain Marvel, the JLA and the JSA and held his own or even won. Sinestro has lost to Hal Jordan several times. It would be a good fight that I would love to see, but Black Adam takes it 7/10.

#18 Posted by kadeem (2870 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelfanboy: Does Sinestro have the Qwardian power ring, or the Sinestro Corps ring?

#19 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blacklightning13 said:

I think Black Adam. He has gone toe to toe with Superman, Captain Marvel, the JLA and the JSA and held his own or even won. Sinestro has lost to Hal Jordan several times. It would be a good fight that I would love to see, but Black Adam takes it 7/10.

Hal has also gone toe to toe with Supes and the JLA, held his own and won. Sinestro has also beaten Hal a few times. Losing to Hal isn't exactly shameful. And BA has been beaten 1on1 many times as well. I think we should look harder at entire character histories and feats shown. BA tried to take over a world, Sinestro did take over a world. Sinestro, in general, has proven himself to be a bigger threat. BA usually only threatens Earth, Sinestro threatens entire space sectors, even galaxies on occasion. He's been a threat the Guardians and entire GL corps have been on alert for for a very long time. I think this is a much closer fight than everyone is making it.

#20 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this Canon? If it is Black Adam would snap Sinestro's neck much easiler than Hal Jordan did, due to the immense physical strength difference. If it's not Canon, i still give it to Black Adam.

#21 Posted by WillPayton (9333 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

Is this Canon? If it is Black Adam would snap Sinestro's neck much easiler than Hal Jordan did, due to the immense physical strength difference. If it's not Canon, i still give it to Black Adam.

This is from Emerald Twilight right before Hal kills Kilowog and then absorbs the power battery and becomes Parallax, so yes it's canon.

#22 Posted by marvelfanboy (509 posts) - - Show Bio

@kadeem said:

@marvelfanboy: Does Sinestro have the Qwardian power ring, or the Sinestro Corps ring?

Difference?

#23 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro.

#24 Posted by Oni_Bane (1581 posts) - - Show Bio

BA wins. He is like a cooler version of supes and CM, and has of the powers he needs to make sinestro take a dirt nap.

#25 Posted by Megabeast1 (197 posts) - - Show Bio

I go for Black Adam, he just seems like he would be to powerful and overcome sinestro in a great fight, I give it to BA 8/10

#26 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

I'd put my money on Black Adam.

#27 Posted by Blacklightning13 (916 posts) - - Show Bio

@yodagod said:

@Blacklightning13 said:

Hal has also gone toe to toe with Supes and the JLA, held his own and won. Sinestro has also beaten Hal a few times. Losing to Hal isn't exactly shameful. And BA has been beaten 1on1 many times as well. I think we should look harder at entire character histories and feats shown. BA tried to take over a world, Sinestro did take over a world. Sinestro, in general, has proven himself to be a bigger threat. BA usually only threatens Earth, Sinestro threatens entire space sectors, even galaxies on occasion. He's been a threat the Guardians and entire GL corps have been on alert for for a very long time. I think this is a much closer fight than everyone is making it.

Relevance?

I din't say it was. I was saying that Black Adam has beaten stronger characters then Sinestro.

Sinestro also has an entire army of GL level soldiers.

I said it was a close fight and wanted to see it.

#28 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blacklightning13 said:

Relevance?

I din't say it was. I was saying that Black Adam has beaten stronger characters then Sinestro.

Sinestro also has an entire army of GL level soldiers.

I said it was a close fight and wanted to see it.

Just pointing out that in general they have similar level feats. And backing Sinestro since no one else seems to want to.

True. Sinestro's beaten stronger characters than Adam as well.

True.

Totally agree. This would make an infinitely excellent fight. At least pre52 it would have. We may have to wait a while for it to be so epic now.

#29 Posted by kadeem (2870 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelfanboy said:

@kadeem said:

Difference?

The Qwardian rings had to be charged by leaching power from a GL power ring, and in many ways were not as reliable as a Corps ring. The Sinestro Corps rings however function and are charged in a way much more similar to the GL rings.

#30 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio

@yodagod said:

As to the battle, I will be in the vast minority to everyone enamored with Black Adam's WWIII showings. I can see Sinestro winning this. He's taken it to the entire League before, beaten characters who have also whipped the League solo...Mongul, and characters who could whip the League solo...the Weaponeer. Black Adam WWIII had some good showings, but don't let it color his entire history. In general he's about in the same range as CM and Supes. Sinestro should generally beat them, and more often than not he'll beat BA as well.

@yodagod said:

Sinestro

#31 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

Black Adam

#32 Posted by marvelfanboy (509 posts) - - Show Bio

@kadeem: I linked a Sinestro Corps ring in OP, so I'm fine.

#33 Posted by kaushif93 (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam

#34 Posted by batfan1939 (364 posts) - - Show Bio

LOVE that pic of BA. I'd havr to go with Adam as well, although Sinestro being one of the greatest Lanterns means that this lasts awhile.

#35 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Adam should win. He's proven to be able to beat multiple GL's (including Alan Scott), Jakeem Thunder and Thunderbolt, Martian Manhunter, Dr. Fate, Jay Garrick, and Power Girl on multiple occasions. He's also beaten the Teen Titans, Amazo, Wonder Woman, Firestorm, Geo-Force, and Obsidian. I think that's enough to put him above Sinestro.

#36 Posted by beatboks1 (7092 posts) - - Show Bio

@yodagod said:

Just for reference, you have to search both ways...Sinestro vs Black Adam and Black Adam vs Sinestro. Sometimes it is actually easier to just Google search. :)

Agreed. Adam has also lost solo fights to Powergirl, struggled to even tag street levellers like Black Canary. Been unable to dodge or keep up with Jay Garrick. Been beaten by Atom Smasher. He has just as many low showings as Sinestro. Sinestro has beaten Mongul who has matched pre/coie Superman and been a threat to multiple Lanterns. This is a good fight that would be VERY close. All BA's best feats are blood lusted. WE have NEVER seen a blood lusted Sinestro and he has feats to match. I'd lean Sinesto's way.

#37 Posted by joshuagamer (634 posts) - - Show Bio

black adam

#38 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: When he lost to Power Girl, wasn't he sharing his powers? When did Atom Smasher beat him? I remember he grabbed him and smashed him up against the ground, but then after that Adam one-shotted him. Didn't he fight the JSA when he was non-bloodlusted (angry, but he's always pretty angry)?

#39 Posted by beatboks1 (7092 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

@beatboks1: When he lost to Power Girl, wasn't he sharing his powers? When did Atom Smasher beat him? I remember he grabbed him and smashed him up against the ground, but then after that Adam one-shotted him. Didn't he fight the JSA when he was non-bloodlusted (angry, but he's always pretty angry)?

The powergirl one i've seen but can't recall the issue (I'll look)

In the issue where BA joined the JSA he and Atom Smasher where arm wresstling and AS lost and what you described occured. he latter belted BA throught the roof. The fought again later (even though they were friends) and were evenly matched in a "cage type" fight. Again in 52 in Kandaq AS stopped BA from harming his people and had a win. BA was most assuredly pretty pissed for that one.

That's pretty much my point ALL his good showings are when he's blood lusted. When he's not his showings are pretty damn ordinary.

#40 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: I feel like Black Adam would seriously hold back against Smasher. He's his mentor (basically), and I doubt he'd want to hurt AS. Isn't Black Adam basically always blood lusted? haha

#41 Posted by beatboks1 (7092 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW: NO BA isn't "always" blood lusted. His showings in WWIII, 52 and a few others only. Throughout most of his showings in JSA, Power Of Shazam, and many others he isn't. Ambivalence or arrogance would be much better descriptions of his attitude. In POS I can cite several examples where he was beaten by Captain Marvel when he was only at 1/3 power (i.e when he, Mary and Jr were all powered at the same time). In one of those a battle on the Rock of Eternity (with the Marvel Family vs BA and Lady Blaze) cap actually had a broken arm ( which BA had given him because of his lower levels of strength and invulnerability when the others are powered up) and Billy still kicked his proverbial. Cap usually wins because he has greater endurance and can take more pain and keep pushing the envelope. Contrary to poplar belief Cap and BA are not at the same power levels across the board.

#42 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: I didn't say he was always blood lusted. I was just joking that he was always angry.

#43 Posted by beatboks1 (7092 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW: sorry missed the "ha ha"

#44 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: You've got to look out for those, haha

#45 Posted by theDCkid (874 posts) - - Show Bio

Not entirely sure who wins, leaning toward BA.

#46 Posted by UltraSuperTrooper (676 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam totally outclasses him. Sinesto's constructs couldn't do too much to someone as strong as Black Adam. BA makes him cry

#47 Posted by theDCkid (874 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltraSuperTrooper: Hal Jordan's constructs have sent superman flying through walls before (granted that fight turned around pretty quickly) so I think they would definitely be effective on BA as Superman is stronger than him. But don't get me wrong after thinking about it more I definitely think Adam wins.

#48 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17154 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam, Lanterns aren't that durable.

#49 Posted by logy5000 (5716 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam.

#50 Posted by UltraSuperTrooper (676 posts) - - Show Bio

@theDCkid: True, I guess I could have worded that better. I guess I meant that it would take a lot out of sinestro to hurt hum just because of BA's incredible durability. I agree BA wins in the end though.