Sinestro(current) VS Thor/Hulk

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I read the entire new 52 Green Lantern and I know Sinestro absorbed paralax but Im unclear on what that means. How strong is he? I dont mean just punching strength. I want to know how powerful. We've only seen him fail to beat Volthoom.

Is current Sinestro powerful enough to defeat Thor AND Hulk?

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He would destroy Hulk, with or without Parallax. With Parallax, it depends on which version of Thor, probably. He had enough power to effortlessly kill all the Guardians of the Universe, so I'd say he could probably take on most versions of Thor and pretty much every version of Hulk. It's hard to say tho given his lack of feats, but one would assume he was just as powerful as Hal when Hal was possessed by Parallax, or at least close to it...

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@equonox: maybe its my lack of knowledge on the guardians but they didnt seem all that hard to kill. Im up to date on most new 52 titles and i dont remember what exactly has left me thinking that theyre not that powerful/durable. I wish i remembered but i dont. all i know is that soomething has happened thats left me thinking theyre not what i thought theyd be.

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@equonox: maybe its my lack of knowledge on the guardians but they didnt seem all that hard to kill. Im up to date on most new 52 titles and i dont remember what exactly has left me thinking that theyre not that powerful/durable. I wish i remembered but i dont. all i know is that soomething has happened thats left me thinking theyre not what i thought theyd be.

Ganthet owned a bunch of high-tier regular lanterns in New Guardians. Pre-52 feats are much more impressive (GLC War, SC War, Countdown, many other examples). They are immensely powerful and durable. Also - pre-52 feats should count for them as the GL books maintained continuity with the pre-52 GL universe.

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Moonman78

Sinestro is not beating Hulk without the lax, hes just not period, ive never seen any hulk feel any kind of fear period unless it relates to betty ross, and it has already been agreed upon that he could most likely break any kind of gl construct. With parallax though it depends upon his power level and what versions of Hulk and Thor. Zero hour lax would beat any version of either, but sinenstro corps lax has no feats that would make me say he could beat a significantly enraged Hulk, or Thor fighting very smart. Your just going to let his character develop cuz, there is no way to know until he does something really impressive or beats up a few guys.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinestro stomps

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly he should with the lax, but who knows until he does something, DC might job him up

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dondave

@moonman78: Hulk fears his father, and it's something Sinestro could easily capitalize on. Not to mention any Green Lantern could take on the Hulk let alone Sinestro.

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ConvenientLie

@equonox said:
@convenientlie said:

Ganthet owned a bunch of high-tier regular lanterns in New Guardians. Pre-52 feats are much more impressive (GLC War, SC War, Countdown, many other examples). They are immensely powerful and durable. Also - pre-52 feats should count for them as the GL books maintained continuity with the pre-52 GL universe.

what numbe did that happen in new guardians?? i dont remember that. hey can you explain to me what the heck is going on in new 52 to me cause some characters got brand new stories and origins and GL's stayed the same. whats up with that?

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: @moonman78: i have a question. Ok so moonman doesnt think a GL can beat hulk. I was thinking theres maany ways they can beat him but a thought crossed my mind. i was thinking what if they just make 1,000 adamanitum blades going in every direction to cut him up. HUGE blades that would cut off limbs. of course, my question is...could they make adamantium? from my memory the GL's make actual objects from atoms. which is why they can make water and radiation, etc etc. but then i think about how it takes will power for them to not break. so how the heck could a lantern make the most durable metal? wouldnt their concentration be the key? if so then they cannot make adamanitum

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think Hulk would lose to Sinestro with or without Parallax. Thor and Hulk together? I'm not too versed on Parallax and the GL mythos but I would assume he could do so.

TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: @moonman78: i have a question. Ok so moonman doesnt think a GL can beat hulk. I was thinking theres maany ways they can beat him but a thought crossed my mind. i was thinking what if they just make 1,000 adamanitum blades going in every direction to cut him up. HUGE blades that would cut off limbs. of course, my question is...could they make adamantium? from my memory the GL's make actual objects from atoms. which is why they can make water and radiation, etc etc. but then i think about how it takes will power for them to not break. so how the heck could a lantern make the most durable metal? wouldnt their concentration be the key? if so then they cannot make adamanitum

I think they would have to know enough about the chemical compound of the metal and also enough will power to create it.

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingimmortalman: how does that work though. lets assume they know the makeup of it because the ring scans it and tells the GL, ok but now what? do they just concentrate and then make it and its now there in real life, or does its existence depend on the GL's will to keep it there. also does the durability depend on the concentration level of the GL holding it together or is it now actual adamantium that can take almost any pounding?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingimmortalman: how does that work though. lets assume they know the makeup of it because the ring scans it and tells the GL, ok but now what? do they just concentrate and then make it and its now there in real life, or does its existence depend on the GL's will to keep it there. also does the durability depend on the concentration level of the GL holding it together or is it now actual adamantium that can take almost any pounding?

If they know the chemical makeup of admantium they could make it but it's strength would would come from their will.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@equonox said:
@convenientlie said:

what numbe did that happen in new guardians?? i dont remember that. hey can you explain to me what the heck is going on in new 52 to me cause some characters got brand new stories and origins and GL's stayed the same. whats up with that?

Green Lantern continuity is the same. The Green Lantern and Batman continuity is mainly the same with a few changes. This is because the higher-ups at DC felt that their universe in terms of stories and villains couldn't all be retold in the New 52

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:
@convenientlie said:

If they know the chemical makeup of admantium they could make it but it's strength would would come from their will.

that doesnt make sense.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:
@convenientlie said:

that doesnt make sense.

In what sense?

MrPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depending on which versions of Hulk and Thor they could take this, the two of them together are a tough duo, but it depends on a lot of factors.

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:
@convenientlie said:
@dondave said:
@convenientlie said:

that doesnt make sense.

In what sense?

In the sense that its adamanitum and the strongest metal. if its strength and integrity depends on the will power of a GL then its not really adamantium nor does it have the strength of adamantium

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

sinestro wins

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depending on which versions of Hulk and Thor they could take this, the two of them together are a tough duo, but it depends on a lot of factors.

i dont think anyone has said the team wins so that means i need to upgrade them. Lets make this World War Hulk added to regular Thor.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dondave

@convenientlie: It would be admantium in the sense of it's strength and density. But the Green Lantern would have to maintain it, if he loses concentration the Adamantium would break up as all constructs do

TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:
@convenientlie said:
@dondave said:
@convenientlie said:

that doesnt make sense.

In what sense?

In the sense that its adamanitum and the strongest metal. if its strength and integrity depends on the will power of a GL then its not really adamantium nor does it have the strength of adamantium

I see the flaw in logic you are pointing out but I guess its one of those things that can't really be answered since they are in different universes.

MrPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

with Paralax its gonna take WB Hulk, maybe it could be done with WWH but it depends on how Thor fights and even then its a push.

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave:

Nope, dr strange already tried to use that. And a gl could take on the hulk but I don't see one winning just like they won't win against superman or any of his foes, they could hang for a while but in the end it's lights out, they will exhaust the battery trying to deal with hulk

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ConvenientLie

@dondave:

Nope, dr strange already tried to use that. And a gl could take on the hulk but I don't see one winning just like they won't win against superman or any of his foes, they could hang for a while but in the end it's lights out, they will exhaust the battery trying to deal with hulk

they make worm holes and contain exploding supernovas. im sure they can take a punch or thundr clap. flying is a huge advantage