Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @pooty said:
" @Fist_of_Mandalore:  Yeah if we use normal Thanos this aint even a battle. THe OP had to handicap Thanos or Crabtree would be right.
@crabtree said:
" thanos beats both by himself "
"
LOL
@King Saturn said:

" @Push said:

" @King Saturn said:
"from what I am seeing on Thanos in more recent comics... I think Black Adam will beat him... and Sinestro maybe able to hold his own with Quasar...  "
What have you been seeing, King? "
well after reading three issues of Thanos Imperative... The Mad Titan doesnt seem as powerful as he once was... now granted thats not a whole hell of a lot to go off of... but its what I got so far... and that could change from Thanos Imperative issue 4... I havent read that one yet...  "
Problem with that though is he is weak because of being in a universe with no Death. They stated that he was regaining his power quickly so he should go back to normal soon. "
well it hasnt changed yet... so I am still saying Black Adam can defeat Thanos currently...
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Silver2467

Team 1. 

Fireheart10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Fireheart10

Team 1. Not so sure yet  but I will pick them for now.

Random Bucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By Random Bucket

I think Quasar might win against Sinestro and then go on to help Thanos Beat BA. It all comes down to who beats who Quasar or Sinestro cause if no one here can solo so if they get double team'd they're going down. I'm going with team 2 for now

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By geraldthesloth

While Quasar can beat sinestro, I don't think he can defeat Black Adam even with Thanos on his side.

Random Bucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By Random Bucket

I'm not quite sure who would win between Sinestro and Quasar I think that's the deciding factor for me

Avatar image for fist_of_mandalore
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@King Saturn said:
" @Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @pooty said:
" @Fist_of_Mandalore:  Yeah if we use normal Thanos this aint even a battle. THe OP had to handicap Thanos or Crabtree would be right.
@crabtree said:
" thanos beats both by himself "
"
LOL
@King Saturn said:

" @Push said:

" @King Saturn said:
"from what I am seeing on Thanos in more recent comics... I think Black Adam will beat him... and Sinestro maybe able to hold his own with Quasar...  "
What have you been seeing, King? "
well after reading three issues of Thanos Imperative... The Mad Titan doesnt seem as powerful as he once was... now granted thats not a whole hell of a lot to go off of... but its what I got so far... and that could change from Thanos Imperative issue 4... I havent read that one yet...  "
Problem with that though is he is weak because of being in a universe with no Death. They stated that he was regaining his power quickly so he should go back to normal soon. "
well it hasnt changed yet... so I am still saying Black Adam can defeat Thanos currently... "
You are right though. As of right now. Thanos isn't at full power. So BA would whoop that A$$, but when he goes back to full power(if he does) Thanos wins.
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By czarny_samael666

I don't recall Thanos surviving in black hole. If he did it, he can defeat Sinestro by better energy manipulation. I am not sure what with BA. Without this Thanos feat, BA and Sinestro will defeat him by their strength.
Quasar can take his opponents to Quantum Zone what will be considered as BFR at least (but he also can defeat them there).

So, if Quasar will use his best ability, Team 2 will win. Without this (and Thanos BH feat) Team 1 pretty easily.

Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By Neverpraying

I personally vote team 1.

stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By stevon
@Hellos said:

Who would be such a measuring stick for Thanos's durability comes to mind? "

For energy projection, I’d say he’d be more than a match for anyone under Odin. For physical power I’d say it varies a bit. Someone else might have a more specific answer in mind, but at the moment I don’t.
stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By stevon

@Push said:

Show me where he's been physically subdued or ko'ed over the last twenty odd years, then that statement would have some validity.  Total misconception imo He's withstood some of the strongest beings, skyfather level and above. "

I don’t think I can. However, I can say that there are instances where he’s been harmed by people below Black Adam in power. In Infinity Gauntlet, he was knocked back by Professor Hulk (one of the weaker incarnations I believe) and Drax. In the same event he was put to the ground courtesy of Eric Masterson in two hits. Gamora was able to make him bleed, and while Thor had the power gem while suffering from Warrior’s Madness in Blood and Thunder, I don’t recall there being an evidence to support that he was drawing enough power from it to be an impressive feat. Current Drax, who seems to have lower showings compared to his previous incarnations, was capable of knocking Thanos backwards with a punch. At the same time, Black Adam and Sinestro have harmed people near or above Thanos in power, so I’m thinking team one wins. I do realize that in the aftermath of Marvel: The End, Thanos apparently made life assuring wishes, but I don’t recall those wishes being specified or upgrading to his own physical power. Infact, I heard (but it may not be reliable) a source saying that Thanos didn’t get upgraded when he was brought back to life in the 90’s, so his fight with Thor and the Thing may still be a relevant fight to base his physical power on. While Thanos knocked Thor and Thing out with a single blast with his energy projection he still had a hard time with them physically, which shows how varied his energy feats and physical feats are. I do agree that Thanos’ energy blasts might annoy Black Adam or fatally injure Sinestro, but the Lantern ring constructs and BA’s speed could stop something like that from occurring. I don't see how Thanos wins when it comes to DC's heavy hitters, like Black Adam or Superman.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Team 2

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By pooty
@stevon:  being knocked back by a Hulk or tagged by the best female fighter in Marvel or getting a nosebleed by Thor who was wiping the floor with everybody is not a bad showing. THanos took physical blows from Tyrant and engaged the hulk and Thing at the same time. He swatted Thor,Vision,THing,Spiderman away at the same time. He pummeled the Silver Surfer with only his fist. Thanos is plenty tough IMO
jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By jojjimbo

Team 2.

stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By stevon
@pooty:
I don't think it's a bad showing, I just think being hurt by those people tells me he'll be more than hurt by Superman, Black Adam, or other DC heavy hitters who are capable of more than Hulk or Gamora. I don't think Thanos was able to do much to stop Thor in that battle besides getting a weapon to subdue him, Thor was able to draw blood from Thanos multiple times and it looked like he tore his sheilds apart. Thanos may have been able to knock thor through the ground but Thor just got right back up and slammed him in the face. I know Thing, Vision, or Spiderman are tough but don't think they can even compare to someone like Black Adam either. I don't know how durable the Surfer is physically so I won't comment on that. 

I know Thanos is tough, and I think he can easily take on most of Marvel's big name heroes with his energy projection. I don't think he can take Black Adam or DC's other heavy hitting characters though.
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By pooty
@stevon:  You automatically tap into the power gem. It happens subconsciously and the more you need it, the more you tap into it. Odin would have fallen to Thor. So Thor was tapping into the power. Gamora and him were just sparring so she didn't hurt him. Anybody who can  take blows from Odin, THor, Silver Surfer,Tyrant can hold his own vs BA i think. Can BA contain the power of someone who can contain the HOTU into himself is my question.
BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By BlessedbyHorus
@pooty said:
" @stevon:  You automatically tap into the power gem. It happens subconsciously and the more you need it, the more you tap into it. Odin would have fallen to Thor. So Thor was tapping into the power. Gamora and him were just sparring so she didn't hurt him. Anybody who can  take blows from Odin, THor, Silver Surfer,Tyrant can hold his own vs BA i think. Can BA contain the power of someone who can contain the HOTU into himself is my question. "
stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By stevon
@pooty said:
" @stevon:   
1.) You automatically tap into the power gem. It happens subconsciously and the more you need it, the more you tap into it.  
2.) Odin would have fallen to Thor.  So Thor was tapping into the power.  
3.) Gamora and him were just sparring so she didn't hurt him.  
4.) Anybody who can  take blows from Odin, THor, Silver Surfer,Tyrant  
5.) can hold his own vs BA i think.  
6.) Can BA contain the power of someone who can contain the HOTU into himself is my question. "

1.) Thanks, I always wondered how that worked.

2.) As someone who has never read Blood and Thunder, was that officially clarified? Did the narration say something like that?
3.) I know that they were sparring, and that Thanos faked a few things like being affected by a nerve strike, but the fact that he was bleeding indicates (to me at least) that he was hurt. Thor wasn't sparring with Thanos, and blood was running down Thanos' nose and lip pretty rapidly.
4.) I know that Thanos took blows from thor, and it's impressive, but he didn't look good after any of them, blood was flying and the last hit knocked him backward, which is when he grabbed a gun and used it to contain him. I think Thanos had a power up against Tyrant, and from what I recall he only took two or three physical blows, the rest looked like energy projection to me. With Odin and the Surfer, they were using energy blasts also, which Thanos' durability seems to specialize in. Considering he can take shots from Surfer, Kosmos, and Odin but fall physically to Eric Masterson, Hulk, and a combined assault from Thor and Thing.  
5.) Odn, Surfer, and Tyrant (for the most part, I think) used energy on Thanos, which his body seems to easily absorb. I know WM Thor gave THanos a good run, but Eric Masterson and regular Thor have stumbled THanos in the past. To be honest, BA is the flavor of the moment at comicvine so alot of people seem to be hyping him up a bit. He does seem rather powerful, especially if he can take Superman and Captain Marvel, who are two of DC strongest physical characters.
6.) BA probably can't, but I think that was also something that should be chalked up to Thanos' energy-related durability, or his willpower, rather than his ability to take physical hits.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By lordraiden
@stevon said:
"@pooty: I don't think it's a bad showing, I just think being hurt by those people tells me he'll be more than hurt by Superman, Black Adam, or other DC heavy hitters who are capable of more than Hulk or Gamora. I don't think Thanos was able to do much to stop Thor in that battle besides getting a weapon to subdue him, Thor was able to draw blood from Thanos multiple times and it looked like he tore his sheilds apart. Thanos may have been able to knock thor through the ground but Thor just got right back up and slammed him in the face. I know Thing, Vision, or Spiderman are tough but don't think they can even compare to someone like Black Adam either. I don't know how durable the Surfer is physically so I won't comment on that.  I know Thanos is tough, and I think he can easily take on most of Marvel's big name heroes with his energy projection. I don't think he can take Black Adam or DC's other heavy hitting characters though. "

How was he hurt?? I don't recall any side effects at all that showed him being hurt ie unable to continue at anypoint, outside of the Thor w/pg fight, which he obviously clearly showed he could start to hurt and affect Thanos, but that was due to the pg, which gives it's power infinite energy to draw from, hence why Thor was getting stronger and better with every blow, so I consider that a good showing, in actuallity, since others were getting pummellled by Thor before he even got the pg, and SS, BRB and Drax were only but a few to name that got hammered by Thor before he even got the PG. As to the others, they did nothing to him of any significance.  The Gamora one was a sparring sesion and is taken every time out of context to show what? in the end? Than her nerve strike that would kill others wouldn't affect him? That he was playing with her, goading her.
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By pooty
@stevon: 2. no it was never stated but he had the power gem. He is a natural warrior with the most powerful physical weapon in the universe. Yeah odin falls.
3. I have bled during football games, basketball games etc. i wasn't hurt. just bleeding. and Thanos was smiling at the end of it. SMILING. he was fine
4. Thor would have knocked anyone back at that point including Black Adam.  Yes Thor, Hulk, THing can knock him down or back but never put him down. Its a comic book. You have to make the fight look good.
5. Black Adam has defeated people when he was bloodlusted and they were trying to contain him. Remember under very few circumstances do heroes go all out. Spiderman escaped the X-Mansion. Robin took down the Teen Titans. Iron Fist took down the X-men. i'm saying until BA beats people who are as powerful as him and are as bloodlusted as him, i'll give him credit.
6. Nevertheless even if.......BA>Thanos in strength. THanos>>> in energy.
BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

How is BA going to hurt him. Thanos shields withstood some of the most deadliest attacks ever known.
Warcry80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Warcry80

What type of feats does Quasar have?

BattleMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By BattleMage

T2

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By lol
Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos solo's.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nova_prime76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos solos. It's as silly as the superman vs surfer threads. Sinestro is not even close to Thanos level. Thanos can take anything Sinestro can dish out....can't say the opposite. Thanos just demolished Ronan and Beta Ray Bill. If not for Warlock's interference, he would've did the same to surfer. All without any rest in between.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos solos.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#80  Edited By Kangconquers

Thanos solos. It's as silly as the superman vs surfer threads. Sinestro is not even close to Thanos level. Thanos can take anything Sinestro can dish out....can't say the opposite. Thanos just demolished Ronan and Beta Ray Bill. If not for Warlock's interference, he would've did the same to surfer. All without any rest in between.

Thanos steals Sinestro's life force, amps Quasar with it, and watches Quasar beat the crap out of Black Adam. Then he solos Quasar for fun.

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos