Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By *Void*

Team2: Mr,Majestic,Martian Manhunter,Superman,Green Lantern,Capt Atom

No prep. Gladiator is at 100%

No mind rape,bfr,pis,cis or Speedblitzing.

fight to the death, everyone is bloodlusted.

Fight takes place in Asgard.

Bernicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Bernicky

Marvel team

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By czarny_samael666

Team 1.

IMO Sentry can at least hold Hal/Guy/John. The same with Gladiator and Superman. 
Surfer can exploit Martian's (psionic fire) and Superman's (kryptonite/drainning/red star) weakness. 
Adam should be able to hold anyone here, but key is Nova Prime.  

Nova Prime's force fields are able to hold everyone from team, maybe except Majestic. 
In theory Atom can manipulate this energy and GL can make his shields, but Surfer's energy manipulation seems to be higher and he will be supported by Adam Warlock. So Atom and GL will be defeated, before any physical fight will even start. 

Of course we can just bring similar people against each other:
Gladiator vs. Superman
Surfer vs. Atom
Nova vs. GL
Adam vs. Majestic
Sentry vs. Martian.  
And this is the best choice for DC.
Nova, Martian, Majestic and Surfer will win their battles faster than others. Nova can hold Martian and Majestic, to give Surfer a shot against Superman. 
Majestic will brake Nova's FF and we will have Surfer + Gladiator vs. Majestic. IMO they win.
Any other choice in which Nova isn't fighting with GL, is worse for DC since:
Surfer can at least hold Majestic (Adam should be to copy most of that) and defeat any other member of JLA. Nova can hold anyone - besides Majestic in his force field, so he will be able to help any of his teammates at least as a distraction. Sentry can at least hold GL or Atom.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bo88gdan

Team Marvel

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Greendevil

@czarny_samael666 said:

Team 1. IMO Sentry can at least hold Hal/Guy/John. The same with Gladiator and Superman. Surfer can exploit Martian's (psionic fire) and Superman's (kryptonite/drainning/red star) weakness. Adam should be able to hold anyone here, but key is Nova Prime. Nova Prime's force fields are able to hold everyone from team, maybe except Majestic. In theory Atom can manipulate this energy and GL can make his shields, but Surfer's energy manipulation seems to be higher and he will be supported by Adam Warlock. So Atom and GL will be defeated, before any physical fight will even start. Of course we can just bring similar people against each other: Gladiator vs. Superman Surfer vs. Atom Nova vs. GL Adam vs. Majestic Sentry vs. Martian. And this is the best choice for DC.Nova, Martian, Majestic and Surfer will win their battles faster than others. Nova can hold Martian and Majestic, to give Surfer a shot against Superman. Majestic will brake Nova's FF and we will have Surfer + Gladiator vs. Majestic. IMO they win. Any other choice in which Nova isn't fighting with GL, is worse for DC since: Surfer can at least hold Majestic (Adam should be to copy most of that) and defeat any other member of JLA. Nova can hold anyone - besides Majestic in his force field, so he will be able to help any of his teammates at least as a distraction. Sentry can at least hold GL or Atom.

Agreed.

But imo Surfer takes out Majestic. Majestic's intelligence and speed makes him superior to most guys. Surfer has speed and CA. And his arsenal and powers are to versatile for Maj, specially powers like intangibility and TP. Now while Majestic's powers are awesome, he falls a bit to short against Surfer imo. And sense he doesn't have his blades of creation, Surfer can take him out and Adam can take on Captain Atom. Or let Adam fend for himself and take on Maj after!

So yes Marvel team FTW!

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jeanroygrant

Team Marvel

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn
I think I will take the Justice League for the win here... Majestic would be strong and fast enough to handle multiple of the Marvel Team's Members outside of the Silver Surfer... the Surfer would be the biggest threat... but he could be held off by someone like Captain Atom momentarily at least... Martian Manhunter could beat Adam Warlock or Gladiator IMO... MM is more versatile than Gladiator and Adam Warlock ( at least the more recent version of him ) is not Superman Strength Level physically... and Martian Manhunter can go Intangible to avoid Energy Projection attacks anyways...   

I can already see this will turn into the conventional Marvel vs DC Fanboy Wanking Battle Thread... so I will leave it at this. 
terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By terry2012

@King Saturn: I will agree

Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CapitolPunishment
@King Saturn said:
I think I will take the Justice League for the win here... Majestic would be strong and fast enough to handle multiple of the Marvel Team's Members outside of the Silver Surfer... the Surfer would be the biggest threat... but he could be held off by someone like Captain Atom momentarily at least... Martian Manhunter could beat Adam Warlock or Gladiator IMO... MM is more versatile than Gladiator and Adam Warlock ( at least the more recent version of him ) is not Superman Strength Level physically... and Martian Manhunter can go Intangible to avoid Energy Projection attacks anyways...   

I can already see this will turn into the conventional Marvel vs DC Fanboy Wanking Battle Thread... so I will leave it at this. 
^^
grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By grimlock

@King Saturn said:

and on which side of the wanking are you?

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Stalemate

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By whacknasty

@grimlock said:

@King Saturn said:

and on which side of the wanking are you?

LOL.

I'm going with the JL too. Majestic I think could win a majority against any of the Marvel guys except Surfer like King Saturn mentioned above. I think Captain Atom should be able to at least equal, if not outdo/counter any energy manipulating from Nova, and the physical might of Maj/Supes/Manhunter would be too high for even a 100% Gladiator, imo. GL and Warlock would be pretty evenly contested, long enough for assistance to arrive if needed for GL.

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Spartan101

surfers C.A would see Mr M as the biggest threat and go at him from the off,i think he would win there also,,after that dc guys fall one by one.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By termiteone4ever

team 2

for sure

.@czarny_samael666 said:

Team 1. IMO Sentry can at least hold Hal/Guy/John. The same with Gladiator and Superman. Surfer can exploit Martian's (psionic fire) and Superman's (kryptonite/drainning/red star) weakness. Adam should be able to hold anyone here, but key is Nova Prime. Nova Prime's force fields are able to hold everyone from team, maybe except Majestic. In theory Atom can manipulate this energy and GL can make his shields, but Surfer's energy manipulation seems to be higher and he will be supported by Adam Warlock. So Atom and GL will be defeated, before any physical fight will even start. Of course we can just bring similar people against each other: Gladiator vs. Superman Surfer vs. Atom Nova vs. GL Adam vs. Majestic Sentry vs. Martian. And this is the best choice for DC.Nova, Martian, Majestic and Surfer will win their battles faster than others. Nova can hold Martian and Majestic, to give Surfer a shot against Superman. Majestic will brake Nova's FF and we will have Surfer + Gladiator vs. Majestic. IMO they win. Any other choice in which Nova isn't fighting with GL, is worse for DC since: Surfer can at least hold Majestic (Adam should be to copy most of that) and defeat any other member of JLA. Nova can hold anyone - besides Majestic in his force field, so he will be able to help any of his teammates at least as a distraction. Sentry can at least hold GL or Atom.

1 Now i can say yes too . Still sentry isnt going to win.

2.You think too highly of surfer pulling off this feat the martain mind is power even with magical mind raping .

3, You assuming that surfer would know supes weakness just because he is in marvel i got new for you know he not from marvel so surfer clue less on his so call cosmic awareness he has a higher chance of winning the lotto.

4.Gladiator is not on superman level in no way Supes is higher by a large margin .

5. Majestic is the key here he is not losing . how come you dont preach cosmic awareness drain here ?

6.Atom is not losing easily at all

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By _Black

Team 2 for me. I thought Majestic's standard gear came with blades? Maybe not the Creation Blades, but some sword/s.

Where's Buckshot?

capfan80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By capfan80

Of course it is impossible to say because so many of these characters have been written at a variety of power levels and feats. I think this is one that could go either way, maybe JL 6 outta 10.

To be honest, there are a lot of cool characters on these lists. I don't think that Silver Surfer would know what to do with GL's constructs since they are made of willpower and I don't think that SS has any experience with anything like that. He is more of a physics based energy guy.

Adam Warlock's power set has changed so much with gems, gauntlets, death, rebirth that I don't even know what to do with him. He and SS are beasts but MM goes intangible and puts a fist through their heads.

I think this goes to show how in DC earth's resident heroes are so beastly that you have to go to a team of cosmics form marvel to try and run with them. And that is leaving off Flash and WW. The JL is most impressive.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

@termiteone4ever
3, You assuming that surfer would know supes weakness just because he is in marvel i got new for you know he not from marvel so surfer clue less on his so call cosmic awareness he has a higher chance of winning the lotto.

How do you know it wouldn't work if it takes place in the Marvel Universe?
The same could be said for Supes sun dipping that it won't work under a yellow sun in the Marvel Universe. Or for that fact that Majestics Creation Blades won't work in alternate realities like Earth 616?
You're stating your opinion not fact. It should be safe to assume everyone's powers work the same wherever they are not because of what you want. I guarantee if the battle took place in Metropolis you'd say SS's C.A doesn't work on DC Earth. Let's call it down the middle and be fair. I still think its a stalemate.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By czarny_samael666
@termiteone4ever said:

team 2

for sure

.@czarny_samael666 said:

1 Now i can say yes too . Still sentry isnt going to win.

2.You think too highly of surfer pulling off this feat the martain mind is power even with magical mind raping .

4.Gladiator is not on superman level in no way Supes is higher by a large margin .

5. Majestic is the key here he is not losing . how come you dont preach cosmic awareness drain here ?

6.Atom is not losing easily at all

2.Surfer won't lose in Astral Plane.
3.Surfre will know all about his enemies from the start of battle. Anything else is PIS or would need prep.
4.Gladiator isn't only in Supe league - he is his perfect equal.
5. If he depends as highly on some finite energy level - as Superman - then, yes he will be drained too.
6.Depends who is his enemy.  Adam/Surfer can win this easily.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Killemall

@King Saturn said:

I agree to most of this but seeing how the battle is to death and one of the fighter from Marvel Side is Sentry, i cant think of a good way on how anyone from justice League could kill him? He has come back from the dead like what 5 times and the only time he died was because he wanted to die. To me that looks like Sentry cannot be killed unless he specifically wanted to die, which makes this at beast a stalemate for Justice League.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By Saren

@Killemall: J'onn could persuade him into wanting to die.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Killemall

@CitizenBane said:

Oh yeah this might work..

JL FTW all the way then!

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Killemall said:

@CitizenBane said:

JL FTW all the way then!

Going into Void's mind would KO Martian himself.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Saren

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Killemall said:

@CitizenBane said:

JL FTW all the way then!

Considering Cyclops shoved the Void into a little box in his mind (with the justification being that he picked up a few tricks from Jean), I doubt it.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Killemall

@czarny_samael666 said:

Even Emma was able to keep Void in check when he, or rather it, was inside Emma in Uncanny X-men 518 and 519, by shifting into diamond form which Jean has successfully pierced, i dont think Void has so much TP power after his initial series. His powers are either diminished or have been retconned.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Saren

@Killemall said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Even Emma was able to keep Void in check when he, or rather it, was inside Emma in Uncanny X-men 518 and 519, by shifting into diamond form which Jean has successfully pierced, i dont think Void has so much TP power after his initial series. His powers are either diminished or have been retconned.

Even in his original series, Spider-Man was able to resist and throw off the Void's telepathy. And that was Jenkins writing Void.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Killemall said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Emma + Prof were able to be present in his mind only because Sentry was helping them. 
Only small fraction of Void's TP was able to completly take out Emma.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Killemall

@CitizenBane said:

Even in his original series, Spider-Man was able to resist and throw off the Void's telepathy. And that was Jenkins writing Void.

I dont remember reading that, but then again i was pretty much skimming through the issue (it started getting too slow) so i prolly missed it. Besides i wouldnt put any feat past Spiderman, he's marvel's fav character .

@czarny_samael666said:

Emma + Prof were able to be present in his mind only because Sentry was helping them. Only small fraction of Void's TP was able to completly take out Emma.

That seem to have been retconned in his most recent showings before his death, sort of explains why Void never used TP in the battle of Asgard.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Saren

@Killemall said:

@CitizenBane said:

I dont remember reading that, but then again i was pretty much skimming through the issue (it started getting too slow) so i prolly missed it. Besides i wouldnt put any feat past Spiderman, he's marvel's fav character .

@czarny_samael666said:

Emma + Prof were able to be present in his mind only because Sentry was helping them. Only small fraction of Void's TP was able to completly take out Emma.

That seem to have been retconned in his most recent showings before his death, sort of explains why Void never used TP in the battle of Asgard.

Yeah, in Nation X the Void created some shadow-forms inside Cyclops' mind and Emma destroyed them with a psi-blast.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Killemall said:

@czarny_samael666said:

I don't remember anything like that.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Killemall

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Killemall said:

@czarny_samael666said:

U might want to re-check uncanny X-Men 518 and 519 where Void's TP doesnt look powerful at all.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Killemall said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Killemall said:

@czarny_samael666said:

U might want to re-check uncanny X-Men 518 and 519 where Void's TP doesnt look powerful at all.

If You mean issue in which Psylocke is helping him - this is only small fraction of Void's power. Only small part of him really came to Emma. That is why he could live in normal way, going after Sentry, etc. besides giving any attention to Emma or Cyke.
Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jorgevy

in the OPs conditions it said no mind rape

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Saren

@Jorgevy said:

in the OPs conditions it said no mind rape

So no mindrape means no telepathy whatsoever? I was under the impression it meant no using telepathy to incapacitate your opponent.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jorgevy

@CitizenBane:

I think its no using TP in a offensive way. Trying to kill Sentry/Void with TP seems offensive.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Saren

@Jorgevy: This isn't using it to kill him. This is using it to make him want to die, so that he can be killed via physical means.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jorgevy

@CitizenBane:

still not sure, but I guess if the OP doesnt mind its good to go

*Void*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By *Void*

@CitizenBane said:

@Jorgevy: This isn't using it to kill him. This is using it to make him want to die, so that he can be killed via physical means.

Technically its not mind rape, but it all comes down to if he can actually persuade Sentry to want to die.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lady_liberty

At a certain point powers get so high, and so extreme that logic breaks down. Rather like the early moments of the universe.

In my opinion this is one of those battles.

I like it, but I'll have to think for a while about which team is likely to win, this one is complex.

Great battle! Its hard to make good high powered battles.

*Void*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By *Void*

@Lady_Liberty said:

At a certain point powers get so high, and so extreme that logic breaks down. Rather like the early moments of the universe.

In my opinion this is one of those battles.

I like it, but I'll have to think for a while about which team is likely to win, this one is complex.

Great battle! Its hard to make good high powered battles.

Thanx

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By lady_liberty

Hmm, after giving this some though I have to side with the JLA.

Mr. Majestic and Captain Atom are enough to sway the battle, in my opinion.

Still, this is a very close battle and because the powers of the combatants are so extreme, its hard to say anything for sure.

cortadew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cortadew

@King Saturn: Being a Surfer fan I agree Majestic is a beast