Silver Surfer vs. Zeus

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By AtPhantom

Hang on, I think smiting someone whom Thor and Hercules together can barely stand up to, not to mention other scans put on the thread is pretty definitive about the amount of power Zeus wields, and this is more than the Surfer does.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#152  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@AtPhantom said:
" Hang on, I think smiting someone whom Thor and Hercules together can barely stand up to, not to mention other scans put on the thread is pretty definitive about the amount of power Zeus wields, and this is more than the Surfer does. "
You don't want to go there.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By AtPhantom
@Morpheus_ said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" Hang on, I think smiting someone whom Thor and Hercules together can barely stand up to, not to mention other scans put on the thread is pretty definitive about the amount of power Zeus wields, and this is more than the Surfer does. "
You don't want to go there. "
Why not?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@AtPhantom said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @AtPhantom said:
You don't want to go there. "
Why not? "
 The lightning bolt with which Zeus took down Grendel is hardly something gloat about compared to someone who destroys planets, without any strain. There is no evidence Grendel would have survived such a hit from the Surfer. If there is, I'll be glad to accept it.

Scans that validate Zeus's Skyfather status were addressed, and not ignored. But we were all aware of his status already.

Other feats are simply unquantifiable, such as lifting the volcano, or blocking Mjolnir. How do they translate offensively? Can't be answered, otherwise someone would have done it already.
Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#155  Edited By Manchine

Easily Zeus.  =)
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By AtPhantom
@Morpheus_ said:
" The lightning bolt with which Zeus took down Grendel is hardly something gloat about compared to someone who destroys planets, without any strain. There is no evidence Grendel would have survived such a hit from the Surfer. If there is, I'll be glad to accept it."
It is something to gloat about when Grendel is known for whacking about freaking Thor, another someone who can probably destroy planets, and has, if I'm not mistaken, beaten the Surfer in the past.

@Morpheus_ said:
"Other feats are simply unquantifiable, such as lifting the volcano, or blocking Mjolnir. How do they translate offensively? Can't be answered, otherwise someone would have done it already. "
I know, I've discarded the volcano scan myself. Blocking Mjolnir, I didn't even see that one. :P
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#157  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

In the scan where Zues dropped Grendel..Why were Thor and Hercules wearing each other's costumes again?

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By AtPhantom
@Vance Astro said:
" In the scan where Zues dropped Grendel..Why were Thor and Hercules wearing each other's costumes again? "
Basically, Grendel's boss tricked Hercules by telling him that the elves were about to invade Earth, and then convinced him to dress as Thor and go there to avoid a disaster. Since causing disaster is what Herc is actually very good at, Thor decided to step in and help. But, because two Thors would be a clear sign of subterfuge, he had to dress as Hercules and straighten things out from the inside.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@AtPhantom said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" The lightning bolt with which Zeus took down Grendel is hardly something gloat about compared to someone who destroys planets, without any strain. There is no evidence Grendel would have survived such a hit from the Surfer. If there is, I'll be glad to accept it."
It is something to gloat about when Grendel is known for whacking about freaking Thor, another someone who can probably destroy planets, and has, if I'm not mistaken, beaten the Surfer in the past.

"
Thor was hardly able to summon all the Asgardian spirits on Earth without passing out while in possession of the Odin Force, so I really doubt current Thor can destroy planets, let alone with ease. It's possible that it is writer's choice, but he certainly does not seem able for a feat of that level at the moment.

Thor has defeated the Surfer in the past, but there are two side-factors to it. First, Thor was going all out, and was possessed, in Blood and Thunder. For the greatest part of the fight, Surfer was trying to talk him out of it, not fight him straightforwardly. Also, losing to Thor who required Surfer, Thanos, Beta Ray Bill, and the entire Infinity Watch (Soul Gem Warlock included) to stop is hardly as low-end as presented. 

And two, the Surfer is far more powerful now than he was 19 years ago, and with a perfectly justifiable reason.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By AtPhantom
@Morpheus_ said:
" Thor was hardly able to summon all the Asgardian spirits on Earth without passing out while in possession of the Odin Force, so I really doubt current Thor can destroy planets, let alone with ease. It's possible that it is writer's choice, but he certainly does not seem able for a feat of that level at the moment."
That's an imperfect analogy because we don't know how much power Asgardian spirits have. I'm sure summoning scores of planet busting spirits is harder to do than, you know, busting a planet. :P

Second, just how much more powerful do you think Surfer is? Allow me use some ABC logic. Do you think Surfer can one-shot Thor? He certainly didn't do it to BRB (Though he did beat him relatively easily if I recall). Zeus has certainly shown himself able to do so to being of Thor's caliber and beyond.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@AtPhantom said:

" That's an imperfect analogy because we don't know how much power Asgardian spirits have. I'm sure summoning scores of planet busting spirits is harder to do than, you know, busting a planet. :P   "

LOL.

Second, just how much more powerful do you think Surfer is? Allow me use some ABC logic. Do you think Surfer can one-shot Thor? He certainly didn't do it to BRB (Though he did beat him relatively easily if I recall). Zeus has certainly shown himself able to do so to being of Thor's caliber and beyond.

He defeated Bill with a few punches, all the while asking him to forgive him for attacking him, in the first place. As a result, it is ease to believe that he was not really going all out on him, either. 

I don't think he would ever one-shoot Thor in a comic book fight. But taking into account some of the advantages the Surfer has over Thor (molecular manipulation, astral plane shuttering, power cosmic storms - not blasts - of vast magnitude), that Thor has no defence against, he very well could. Most of them would be out of character to use, either way. But to answer your question, in character, no, there is no way that the Surfer would one-shoot Thor.

To conclude with, Zeus wins. I just wanted to prove that a solid case can be done for the Surfer, not because I believe the Surfer to be anywhere near Skyfather level, but because he has several great feats on various areas that Zeus lacks, and that a mere title, in itself, should not be our sole criteria for supporting a combatant. That is all.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By AtPhantom
@Morpheus_ said:
"I don't think he would ever one-shoot Thor in a comic book fight. But taking into account some of the advantages the Surfer has over Thor (molecular manipulation, astral plane shuttering, power cosmic storms - not blasts - of vast magnitude), that Thor has no defence against, he very well could. Most of them would be out of character to use, either way. But to answer your question, in character, no, there is no way that the Surfer would one-shoot Thor."
I'm not talking about that. I don't know how would handle the surfer given his speed. Hell, I don't know how freaking Odin would handle the Surfer given his speed. My point is simply that Zeus commands more power and is capable of exerting greater forces than the Surfer does.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@AtPhantom said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"I don't think he would ever one-shoot Thor in a comic book fight. But taking into account some of the advantages the Surfer has over Thor (molecular manipulation, astral plane shuttering, power cosmic storms - not blasts - of vast magnitude), that Thor has no defence against, he very well could. Most of them would be out of character to use, either way. But to answer your question, in character, no, there is no way that the Surfer would one-shoot Thor."
I'm not talking about that. I don't know how would handle the surfer given his speed. Hell, I don't know how freaking Odin would handle the Surfer given his speed. My point is simply that Zeus commands more power and is capable of exerting greater forces than the Surfer does. "
Theoretically, yes, he does.
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#164  Edited By capall
@Vance Astro said:
"@Morpheus_ said:

It can't be proven. "

That's what it seems like. "

with feats simply no, however i think we all pretty much knew this at the begining of the thread anyways, lol
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@capall said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"@Morpheus_ said:

It can't be proven. "

with feats simply no, however i think we all pretty much knew this at the begining of the thread anyways, lol "
I firmly believe Vance created the thread in the hope that this would not have been the case.
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By capall

@Morpheus_ said:

" @capall said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"@Morpheus_ said:

It can't be proven. "

with feats simply no, however i think we all pretty much knew this at the begining of the thread anyways, lol "
I firmly believe Vance created the thread in the hope that this would not have been the case. "

true, perhaps there may be more showing of Zeus from DCU

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:

" @capall said:

" @Vance Astro said:
"@Morpheus_ said:

It can't be proven. "

I firmly believe Vance created the thread in the hope that this would not have been the case. "
Yea.My problem is this though.How can we accurately gauge whom is on Zues' level with such a low understanding of what he can do? I mean didn't Mikaboshi kill him? Is Mikaboshi really that powerful?
"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By "Colossus"
@Vance Astro said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @capall said:

" @Vance Astro said:

"@Morpheus_ said:

It can't be proven. "

Yea.My problem is this though.How can we accurately gauge whom is on Zues' level with such a low understanding of what he can do? I mean didn't Mikaboshi kill him? Is Mikaboshi really that powerful? "
yes mikaboshi is that powerful. he killed the skrull god slgurt. that was said to had 758 god heads or something like that in him. and became the skrulls supreme leader.
mikaboshi also bested nightmare in his realm.
his claws just have the affect of killing anything he stabs
BlackestShite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By BlackestShite

Zeus overkill but kid Zeus might be a close fight

blds_bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By blds_bane

SS is one of my favs but zeus would win

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@"Colossus" said:
yes mikaboshi is that powerful. he killed the skrull god slgurt. that was said to had 758 god heads or something like that in him. and became the skrulls supreme leader.mikaboshi also bested nightmare in his realm. his claws just have the affect of killing anything he stabs "
So if Thor or Silver Surfer fought Mikaboshi...they wouldn't stand a chance?
EmperorVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By EmperorVulcan

Nothing can be proven here, as this is a tough fight to call.  It all comes down to opinion at this point, and in my slightly educated opinion (consisting mostly of wiki knowledge), I am irreversibly convinced that Zeus would win this fight 9 times out of 10.

Maybe we should take a poll and get it over with.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By AtPhantom
@"Colossus" said:
" yes mikaboshi is that powerful. he killed the skrull god slgurt. that was said to had 758 god heads or something like that in him. and became the skrulls supreme leader.mikaboshi also bested nightmare in his realm. his claws just have the affect of killing anything he stabs "
He never bested nightmare. He just tricked him.
jack128875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By jack128875

zeus is equal to odin. odin beat the crap outta surfur so i say zeus takes this.

why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By why so serious
@EmperorVulcan said:
"Nothing can be proven here, as this is a tough fight to call.  It all comes down to opinion at this point, and in my slightly educated opinion (consisting mostly of wiki knowledge), I am irreversibly convinced that Zeus would win this fight 9 times out of 10.  Maybe we should take a poll and get it over with. "

agreed
council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By council elite
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" Zeus takes it. Skyfather and all that jazz. "
But what can he do? "
No idea. I'm actually making fun of that, since most people will grant him the win because of his status, and his supposed equality (or near it) to Odin, without mentioning what he can actually do.

Also, Odin one-shooting the Surfer during Blood and Thunder is bound to be used, despite the fact that the Surfer is far more powerul now.
"
actually, you make a valid point. i was about to say Zeus until you reminded me the surfer is more powerful now. Zeus is about as powerful as Odin who was far more powerful than the surfer. but that was before his power upgrade. but i still say Zeus.
"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By "Colossus"

thor has gone toe to toe with odin on two occasion and one where he was bloodlusted. and even killed a guy more powerful than odin
so how is zeus below odin?

Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Undergroundgod

Zeus wins... How did this get so long?
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By progenitorigin

Zeus would take this.  Zeus, IMHO, has the durability to withstand any cosmic assault by the Surfer, and I doubt that Surfer's molecular manipulation would work against a skyfather.  I actually really don't like how Marvel portrays the Greeks of mythology.  They did a great job with Thor from the Norse mythology, but I think that they've written Heracles out of character from the tales of Homer.  Either way, I don't think there's much Surfer can do against Zeus, considering he's part of the "godfathers" along with Odin.  And, going down the grapevine, Surfer often gets overwhelmed by Thanos, who was defeated by Odin.  So, in that respect, I think that Zeus could defeat the Surfer.  Be it by his godly strength, or his own elite mystics.
Avatar image for xavier_st__cloud
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus wins here. Skyfather>Silver Surfer.
manx422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By manx422

Zeus

EmperorVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By EmperorVulcan
ZeuStomp.
"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By "Colossus"

No Caption Provided

/THREAD
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@"Colossus" said:
"

No Caption Provided

/THREAD "
This is Surfer vs Zeus, not Surfer vs Mikaboshi.

/NONSENSE
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#185  Edited By Static Shock

LOLOLOLOL

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Static Shock said:

" LOLOLOLOL "

And the best part is that nothing happens in that particular scan. "Zeus" just grabs the Surfer's board.

Anyway, since the thread was made, Zeus actually got more feats to further support his status. He should win it.
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Morpheus_: 
Could you post them
Cuz im actually thinking Surfer can handle Zeus, based on feats alone, not all that Zeus rivals Odin talk.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@buttersdaman000 said:

" @Morpheus_:  Could you post them Cuz im actually thinking Surfer can handle Zeus, based on feats alone, not all that Zeus rivals Odin talk. "

Too bored to make scans out of it, honestly.

As a kid he one-shotted an opponent that both Hercules and Thor combined struggled against. And more recently, he beat the Green Scar version of the Hulk with ridiculous ease on strength alone (no additional powers), and one-shotted him an issue earlier via thunderbolt (even though it can be argued the Hulk was worn out at that point). It is not so much that the Surfer couldn't have done those things, but that we finally get to see some factual information concerning his exact levels in certain areas, such as raw strength, instead of hearsay, and speculation.

Now, if you are looking for a large quantity of feats that prove him to be above the Surfer in multiple areas, you will be disappointed because there isn't much, but at the very least he got some time in the spotlight to show he is, at the very least, above regular powerhouse characters.
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Morpheus_: But is that really enough to say he can beat the surfer? I know he's 'sky father' level and all but surfer is very very powerful.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@buttersdaman000 said:
" @Morpheus_: But is that really enough to say he can beat the surfer? I know he's 'sky father' level and all but surfer is very very powerful. "
Maybe not enough, but better than the time the thread was made.

Even though I have no doubt Zeus would win if the fight was done in an actual comic book.
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Morpheus_: 
Yeah, I know. I was just wondering if he actually had any feats that put him above The Surfer.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
As a kid he one-shotted an opponent that both Hercules and Thor combined struggled against. And more recently, he beat the Green Scar version of the Hulk with ridiculous ease on strength alone (no additional powers), and one-shotted him an issue earlier via thunderbolt (even though it can be argued the Hulk was worn out at that point). It is not so much that the Surfer couldn't have done those things, but that we finally get to see some factual information concerning his exact levels in certain areas, such as raw strength, instead of hearsay, and speculation.

Now, if you are looking for a large quantity of feats that prove him to be above the Surfer in multiple areas, you will be disappointed because there isn't much, but at the very least he got some time in the spotlight to show he is, at the very least, above regular powerhouse characters.
"
coSmic_cUbeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By coSmic_cUbeR
@Vance Astro said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
But what can he do? "
he can try
Supreme Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Supreme Cosmic
@coSmic_cUbeR said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
But what can he do? "
he can try "
He can dream. Although the dream might turn into a nightnmare
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus easily.

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Valtot
@czarny_samael:
probalby zeus but what are his feats that make you think this?  
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Valtot said:
" @czarny_samael: probalby zeus but what are his feats that make you think this?   "
Be equal to Odin. He and Vishnu are, but I am not sure about Vishnu. Other Marvel-Skyfathers don't seem to be. Also, Mikaboshi had problems with him and he killed Sl'Gur't (before his power upgrades).
"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By "Colossus"
@buttersdaman000 said:
" @Morpheus_:  Yeah, I know. I was just wondering if he actually had any feats that put him above The Surfer. "
did you not read his post??
"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By "Colossus"
@Valtot said:
" @czarny_samael: probalby zeus but what are his feats that make you think this?   "

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
and NO, Silver surfer CANNOT one shot hulk, especially since current hulk is WWH
BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Since when is current Hulk WW Hulk?