Silver Surfer vs. Zeus

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

No Caption Provided

vs.  

No Caption Provided

Rules 
-Fight takes place in an adamantium room,The room is stadium size.
-Kill,KO,BFR,or Incapacitation FTW 
-No Morals apply 

who wins?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Zeus takes it. Skyfather and all that jazz.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" Zeus takes it. Skyfather and all that jazz. "
But what can he do?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Also..didn't Thor stalemate Zues?

capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By capall
@Morpheus_ said:
"Zeus takes it. Skyfather and all that jazz. "

btw, whats up with multiple battle threads today Vance?  

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" Zeus takes it. Skyfather and all that jazz. "
But what can he do? "
No idea. I'm actually making fun of that, since most people will grant him the win because of his status, and his supposed equality (or near it) to Odin, without mentioning what he can actually do.

Also, Odin one-shooting the Surfer during Blood and Thunder is bound to be used, despite the fact that the Surfer is far more powerul now.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@capall said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
btw, whats up with multiple battle threads today Vance?    "
I want to know who wins these fights.I don't make very many threads so i'm doing it now.
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By capall
@Vance Astro said:
" @capall said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
I want to know who wins these fights.I don't make very many threads so i'm doing it now. "

i know you don't make many threads, i was just curious to what inspired you today is all, lol
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@capall said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @capall said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
I want to know who wins these fights.I don't make very many threads so i'm doing it now. "
i know you don't make many threads, i was just curious to what inspired you today is all, lol "
I've been meaning to do this for weeks,I jut had so much work to do I couldn't so....ya know.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Lance Uppercut

He apparently took out a team of Avengers including thor and namor, though I'm not convinced that current surfer couldn't have taken that lineup as well. And it took him over an issue to do it.

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By The_Scourge
@Vance Astro said:
" Also..didn't Thor stalemate Zues? "
There was a time when they fought on for months, but if I remember correctly, Zeus wasn't trying to defeat Thor in that fight.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CosmicSpiral

Kid Zeus would make this a funny battle. 

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Valkaad

Zeus hasn't really been shown to do as much as Odin, because he hasn't been in as many books. Kinda like Hercules hasn't been shown nearly as much as Thor. Zeus is supposed to be as powerful as Odin or any of the other skyfathers, but they just haven't shown all the ways he can utilize it. Even the Marvel universe (I know you love when I quote it Vance LOL) says "Zeus possesses vast energy powers...only a small number of the ways in which Zeus can utilize his superhuman abilities are as yet known. I think it's safe to assume that he can accomplish just about any feat Odin can (Even though I like the olympians better, I personally think Odin is slightly more powerful than Zeus). That being said, I would think he could defeat surfer in the same ways Odin could. 

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Lance Uppercut said:
" He apparently took out a team of Avengers including thor and namor, though I'm not convinced that current surfer couldn't have taken that lineup as well. And it took him over an issue to do it. "
@Fresh Prince said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" Also..didn't Thor stalemate Zues? "
There was a time when they fought on for months, but if I remember correctly, Zeus wasn't trying to defeat Thor in that fight. "
Both interesting.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By slimj87d

Well Zeus doesn't have many physical feats, not as much as the surfer does. But his power rivals Odin and Dormamu's.

Hard call, but Odin didn't feel threatened by SS and Thanos. So maybe Zeus for the win.

Usual Suspect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Usual Suspect
@Valkaad said:
" Zeus hasn't really been shown to do as much as Odin,
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
I also love that Zeus is listed as being weaker than the Surfer (physically), in the handbooks.
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By capall
@Valkaad said:
"Zeus hasn't really been shown to do as much as Odin, because he hasn't been in as many books. Kinda like Hercules hasn't been shown nearly as much as Thor. Zeus is supposed to be as powerful as Odin or any of the other skyfathers, but they just haven't shown all the ways he can utilize it. Even the Marvel universe (I know you love when I quote it Vance LOL) says "Zeus possesses vast energy powers...only a small number of the ways in which Zeus can utilize his superhuman abilities are as yet known. I think it's safe to assume that he can accomplish just about any feat Odin can (Even though I like the olympians better, I personally think Odin is slightly more powerful than Zeus). That being said, I would think he could defeat surfer in the same ways Odin could.  "

well put
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@SlimJ87D said:
" Well Zeus doesn't have many physical feats, not as much as the surfer does. But his power rivals Odin and Dormamu's.  Hard call, but Odin didn't feel threatened by SS and Thanos. So maybe Zeus for the win. "
That's like saying something like Godslayer has no feats, but it's just as good as the Muramasa blade.
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By capall
@Morpheus_ said:
"I also love that Zeus is listed as being weaker than the Surfer (physically), in the handbooks. "

serious? how about Odin then, i'm wondering if Marvel really portrays Zeus as a lesser skyfather
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@capall said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"I also love that Zeus is listed as being weaker than the Surfer (physically), in the handbooks. "
 serious? how about Odin then, i'm wondering if Marvel really portrays Zeus as a lesser skyfather "
Odin, as well.
The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Scourge
@capall said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
 serious? how about Odin then, i'm wondering if Marvel really portrays Zeus as a lesser skyfather "
Odin isn't as strong as Thor.
EmperorVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By EmperorVulcan

Zeus.  Curbhouse.  Slaughterstomp.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@EmperorVulcan said:
" Zeus.  Curbhouse.  Slaughterstomp. "
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Flawless reasoning.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CosmicSpiral

Can we get some scans of Zeus using his powers? Contrary to my avatar, I have none. 

capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By capall

oh, i had no idea that marvel's handbook rated surfer's physical stats greater than of Odin or Zeus, altho i'm not really too surprised since it's probably their base level stats i suspect since we do know that they can both augument their physical stats via mystical powers anyways imo
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@capall said:
" oh, i had no idea that marvel's handbook rated surfer's physical stats greater than of Odin or Zeus, altho i'm not really too surprised since it's probably their base level stats i suspect since we do know that they can both augument their physical stats via mystical powers anyways imo "
They can. And the same applies for the Surfer.

@CosmicSpiral said:
" Can we get some scans of Zeus using his powers? Contrary to my avatar, I have none.  "

Phantom should have some.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By slimj87d
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @SlimJ87D said:
" Well Zeus doesn't have many physical feats, not as much as the surfer does. But his power rivals Odin and Dormamu's.  Hard call, but Odin didn't feel threatened by SS and Thanos. So maybe Zeus for the win. "
That's like saying something like Godslayer has no feats, but it's just as good as the Muramasa blade. "
This is the way I look at it. You don't have to. Odin from my memory said his powers rivaled that of Zeus himself. Why would he say that if he was much much stronger? Or Much much weaker? Does this not allow us to at least compare what Odin did to SS what Zeus has potential to do to SS?

If not, then I don't know what the answer is.
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By capall
@Morpheus_:
well, yes ofc
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By slimj87d
@capall said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
But Odin is physically portrayed weaker than Thor too.

It's not that, Odin has the ability to use vast amount of magic to strengthen himself. Maybe Zeus has the same. Is Zeus's energy Projectile rated at a 7? Anyone know?
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CosmicSpiral

It's unlikely that this battle will be decided by who lands the heaviest blows. Since Surfer primarily utilizes matter and energy manipulation, let's find out what Zeus has performed in those categories. 

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@SlimJ87D said:

" @Lance Uppercut said:

" @SlimJ87D said:
That's like saying something like Godslayer has no feats, but it's just as good as the Muramasa blade. "
This is the way I look at it. You don't have to. Odin from my memory said his powers rivaled that of Zeus himself. Why would he say that if he was much much stronger? Or Much much weaker? Does this not allow us to at least compare what Odin did to SS what Zeus has potential to do to SS?  If not, then I don't know what the answer is. "
Many people in comics (and otherwise) claim things that, from a logical point of view, do not stand. Spider-man saying he can kill the Hulk. Reed Richards claiming Spider-man is his intellectual equal. Iron Man saying he has never beat Namor, or Hulk, while he has defeated both. Iron Man also saying it would require Ms. Marvel, Sentry, Wonder Man, and himself to defeat Ares, when various people there should be able to defeat him all on their own. 

It's highly probable that Zeus is Odin's equal, or rivals his power. But Odin saying it does not necessarily make it so.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By slimj87d
@Morpheus_ said:
" @SlimJ87D said:

" @Lance Uppercut said:

" @SlimJ87D said:
This is the way I look at it. You don't have to. Odin from my memory said his powers rivaled that of Zeus himself. Why would he say that if he was much much stronger? Or Much much weaker? Does this not allow us to at least compare what Odin did to SS what Zeus has potential to do to SS?  If not, then I don't know what the answer is. "
Many people in comics (and otherwise) claim things that, from a logical point of view, do not stand. Spider-man saying he can kill the Hulk. Reed Richards claiming Spider-man is his intellectual equal. Iron Man saying he has never beat Namor, or Hulk, while he has defeated both. Iron Man also saying it would require Ms. Marvel, Sentry, Wonder Man, and himself to defeat Ares, when various people there should be able to defeat him all on their own. 

It's highly probable that Zeus is Odin's equal, or rivals his power. But Odin saying it does not necessarily make it so.
"
Well I thought if someone said "I am stronger" you can't take that at face value. But if someone is willing to admit being someones equal, I don't think Odin was trying to defend how strong Zeus is, like he is his buddy or something. He wasn't accusing Zeus of being weaker than him know what I mean?

But I'm applying too much on the honor system in real life. Comic books and the way writers write them don't apply to my logic I guess.
The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Scourge
@CosmicSpiral said:

" Can we get some scans of Zeus using his powers? Contrary to my avatar, I have none.  "

I'll post his fight with Thor in a bit. Those are the only scans I have though.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@Morpheus_ said:
" @SlimJ87D said:

" @Lance Uppercut said:

" @SlimJ87D said:

"
That is rich.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@SlimJ87D said:

" Well I thought if someone said "I am stronger" you can't take that at face value. But if someone is willing to admit being someones equal, I don't think Odin was trying to defend how strong Zeus is, like he is his buddy or something.  "

That's the thing. Several of the things I mentioned were not done to impress, or praise. Iron Man for instance, was actually thinking - not talking to someone about it - that he hasn't defeated either one of the characters I named - no point in lying to himself.

But I'm applying too much on the honor system in real life. Comic books and the way writers write them don't apply to my logic I guess.

It happens.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@CosmicSpiral said:
" That is rich. "
He has actually defeated Hulk, via PIS, too.
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By capall
@SlimJ87D said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @SlimJ87D said:   But I'm applying too much on the honor system in real life. Comic books and the way writers write them don't apply to my logic I guess. "

yes sir, but we all do this from time to time, at least i do as well, lol
The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_Scourge

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By slimj87d

Well how about this.

Do you guys agree that Odin > SS? If so then by how much? If not, then by how much in reverse?

Now we need to estimate Odin's strength to Zeus's.

Neon_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Neon_Nemesis

Thank god its not another God of War thread

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Fresh Prince said:
"
"
Good, and interesting fight, on several levels.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Neon_Nemesis said:
" Thank god its not another God of War thread "
LOL.
jacobyLIVE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jacobyLIVE
@CosmicSpiral said:
" Kid Zeus would make this a funny battle.  "
"I'm a Skyfather. Which is awesome"
Neon_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Neon_Nemesis
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Neon_Nemesis said:
LOL. "
Seriously, it's a really good game but the fan wanking has gone too far
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Neon_Nemesis said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Neon_Nemesis said:
LOL. "
Seriously, it's a really good game but the fan wanking has gone too far "
I remember several recent threads.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By slimj87d
@Fresh Prince said:
"
"
Hm, it seemed Zeus has enough magic skills to overpower the enchantment in Thors hammer according to these scans. But I didn't get to read it word for word... Have to attend an evening class in a bit :(

Hope you guys figure it all out.
Neon_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Neon_Nemesis
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Neon_Nemesis said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Neon_Nemesis said: