SS

#3 Posted by dondave (33599 posts) - - Show Bio

SS

#4 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

martian.

#5 Posted by GhostRider2 (3249 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer kills them.

#6 Posted by JonSmith (3980 posts) - - Show Bio

... What's stopping Silver Surfer from turning the area around them into a blazing inferno and burning them to death?

#7 Edited by XiiX (7198 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith: The fact that Surfer's never done that, so there's no precedent(or reason) to assume that would be his first resort. Or the fact they can go intangible, and avoid it altogether. Either one.

#8 Posted by JonSmith (3980 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX said:

The fact that Surfer's never done that, so there's no precedent(or reason) to assume that would be his first resort. Or the fact they can go intangible, and avoid it altogether. Either one.

The Power Cosmic tends to give him a sense about things. In addition, it's consistently listed with the ability to manipulate matter. As for the intangibility, once they're near fire, none of their powers work. They'll be incinerated.

#9 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4807 posts) - - Show Bio

SS easily

#10 Posted by XiiX (7198 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith: I know about The Power Cosmic, but I feel it has a tendency to get over-played insofar as deciding factors. After all, when was the last time you saw Silver Surfer pinpoint an enemies' weakness via The Power Cosmic, then simply neutralize them? I gather it's not something he regularly does(in character).

Also, a Martians' weakness to fire is not instantaneous. It takes something of prolonged exposure for it to significantly harm them. And given the four moving targets whose speed is sufficient to blitz the likes of The Justice League(including Superman, Wonder Woman, and The Flash), I don't see time being a luxury Surfer would be able to afford.

#11 Posted by Killemall (18211 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals on, in character, i would give 1 white martian just as good odd vs Surfer , as the other way around. 4 vs 1 makes it unfair.

Morals off, Surfer could potential beat them with matter manipulation or black hole (not even sure if that would work). I am open to giving Surfer a better odds morals on, with standard morals i honestly dont see Surfer wining at all.

#12 Posted by Saren (25243 posts) - - Show Bio

Fire does not depower Martians when they are intangible. Protex, for instance, was damaged by Superman's heat vision (and Superman even remarked that the HV gave him an advantage because it was fire) but Martian Manhunter was unaffected by Superboy-Prime's heat vision while intangible.

#13 Posted by xxxddd (3569 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX: How is Surfer supposed to win?

#14 Edited by XiiX (7198 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: That depends, I suppose. Ask one of the people that claimed he'd win.

#15 Posted by xxxddd (3569 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX: That was a rhetorical question.

Literally all the things that would give Surfer a chance(matter manipulation, trapping beings within his board, teleportation,etc.) he rarely uses.

#16 Posted by bansheesonicscream (119 posts) - - Show Bio

SS

#17 Posted by Nefarious (18400 posts) - - Show Bio

The Silver Surfer.

#18 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

SS.

#19 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer

#20 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio
@GhostRider2

Silver Surfer kills them.

Ditto
#21 Posted by baron2011 (1151 posts) - - Show Bio

you guys don't even know what your talking about

2 WM would beat him up,4 WM would beat him up even easier

#22 Posted by cortadew (288 posts) - - Show Bio

@baron2011: feats of white martians?

#23 Posted by Strman123 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer doesn't show off his real powers very often but if he gets pushed that far by the WMs he might win.