#1 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio

Since there last battle both characters have grown in power. Thor now has the Odinforce while the Surfer has been further empowered by Galactus during Annihilation to where he defeated cosmic entities nearly powerful as Galactus.

With there new powers, how would a battle between them turn out?

#2 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor definatly. Silver Surfer didnt defeat those entities off of his own sheer power he utilised the Crunch[?].

#3 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio

Logic Mark III says:

"Thor definatly. Silver Surfer didnt defeat those entities off of his own sheer power he utilised the Crunch[?]."

But he was able to hod his own during their battle. It still gives testament to how powerful he now is. He is the most powerful herald ever now so his power dwarfs that of the Fallen One and Morg.

#4 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Didnt look like he held much on his own to me. His attacks didnt seem to do anything to them, his speed wasnt good enough for long. Without the Crunch [and Galactus ressurecting him] he was deader than the Dodo.

Thor's abilities seem higher than his. Bringing back into existance a large number of deities and Asgard. Destroying Desak, reconstructing the Moon after it had been shattered into millions of peices, perfectly dividing a continent with a punch. Then i suppose we can add some of Odin's feats in the sense that Thor does have his abilities now. So stopping time, putting millions of souls into single forms, destroying galaxies etc etc.

I know its hard to compare the extent to which Surfer has been enhanced by Galactus to when Loki enhanced him; but i feel that the comparison is similar due to Thors power gain. [Silver Surfer 4] The Surfer after being enhanced by Loki was still not powerful enough to defeat classic Thor.

#5 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio

Logic Mark III says:

"Didnt look like he held much on his own to me. His attacks didnt seem to do anything to them, his speed wasnt good enough for long. Without the Crunch [and Galactus ressurecting him] he was deader than the Dodo. Thor's abilities seem higher than his. Bringing back into existance a large number of deities and Asgard. Destroying Desak, reconstructing the Moon after it had been shattered into millions of peices, perfectly dividing a continent with a punch. Then i suppose we can add some of Odin's feats in the sense that Thor does have his abilities now. So stopping time, putting millions of souls into single forms, destroying galaxies etc etc. I know its hard to compare the extent to which Surfer has been enhanced by Galactus to when Loki enhanced him; but i feel that the comparison is similar due to Thors power gain. [Silver Surfer 4] The Surfer after being enhanced by Loki was still not powerful enough to defeat classic Thor."

Good arguement!

#6 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Cheers i had my weetabix today.

#7 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio

Ace High says:

"Yeah, Thor is probably closer to Galactus himself in terms of power of these days."

I wouldn't go that far. Odin was never close to the power of a Celestial and even with the power of several other heads or patheons and placed in the dedtroyer armor he wasn't able to truly battle them. And Galactus is even greater than their most powerful member the One Above All.

#8 Posted by Ace High (625 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Thor is probably closer to Galactus himself in terms of power of these days.

#9 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? I dunno i personally think Celestials eclipse Galactus. Afterall isnt Thanos an Eternal?...a creation of the Celestials, and he is pretty good at smacking Galactus.

[or maybe my weetabix is wearing off now]

#10 Posted by SilverSurfa (256 posts) - - Show Bio

wth the one above all is the no.1 in the marvel universe how can galactus be greater than him?

#11 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio

SilverSurfa says:

"wth the one above all is the no.1 in the marvel universe how can galactus be greater than him?"

Different One Above All. I'm speaking of the Celestial of the same name.

#12 Posted by Ace High (625 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't mean he was as powerful as Galactus I mean that if you put him on a scale between Surfer on one end and Galactus on the other he'd be closer to the Galactus end. You know being able to destroy galaxies and what not.

#13 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#14 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL! They are just aliens with powerful technology. Galactus (like Eternity and Death) is a force of nature in the universe. i think the only being that has been said to be on his level in the Stranger. And I only say this because the Living Tribunal said that three of his faces were Death, Eternity and Galactus. The forth was offered to the Stranger but he refused it.

#15 Posted by SilverSurfa (256 posts) - - Show Bio

Logic Mark III says:

"Really? I dunno i personally think Celestials eclipse Galactus. Afterall isnt Thanos an Eternal?...a creation of the Celestials, and he is pretty good at smacking Galactus. [or maybe my weetabix is wearing off now]"

i think ur weetabix is wearing off. How can Thanos smack galatus arnd? the only way he cud is with infinity gaunlet or heart of the universe. Other than that i think galactus owns him.

#16 Posted by SilverSurfa (256 posts) - - Show Bio

lol weetabix do u live in aus?

#17 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

SilverSurfa says:

"Logic Mark III says:
"Really? I dunno i personally think Celestials eclipse Galactus. Afterall isnt Thanos an Eternal?...a creation of the Celestials, and he is pretty good at smacking Galactus. [or maybe my weetabix is wearing off now]"

i think ur weetabix is wearing off. How can Thanos smack galatus arnd? the only way he cud is with infinity gaunlet or heart of the universe. Other than that i think galactus owns him."

you were saying?

#18 Posted by SilverSurfa (256 posts) - - Show Bio

lol ok but doesnt galactus still beat him?

#19 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

thor

#20 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"SilverSurfa says:
"Logic Mark III says:
i think ur weetabix is wearing off. How can Thanos smack galatus arnd? the only way he cud is with infinity gaunlet or heart of the universe. Other than that i think galactus owns him."
you were saying?"

Thanos can't beat Galactus and he's no where near his power without the use of the item mentioned. Anything showing anything less was either a starving Galactus or some pretty terrible writing.

#21 Posted by SilverSurfa (256 posts) - - Show Bio

i know he isnt the all powerful being and iknow that thanos is DEFINATELY not the all powerful being thats y i said that thanos wud lose easily.

#22 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Vlad Tepes Dracula says:
"SilverSurfa says:
"Logic Mark III says:
you were saying?"

Thanos can't beat Galactus and he's no where near his power without the use of the item mentioned. Anything showing anything less was either a starving Galactus or some pretty terrible writing. "

I know lol i was just showing little ol Silvasurfa that Galactus is not the all powerful being everything thinks he is

#23 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

@ SilerSurfa: England. I wasnt saying beat Galactus with sheer power alone, but his power did let him hit Galactus with enough force to send him back, and he created a shield that took Galactus a little time to penetrate [in the Thanos mini-series...very few beings of a Thanos level can do this]...so by scaling up to his creators a Celestial i assume they would have greater success.

@ Alpha: In the Infinty Gauntlet the Celestials were there, and they displayed impressive powers, sending whole planets flying into Thanos. Additionally the faces of the Living Tribunal are one character each, maybe he doesnt want to list them all, im pretty sure there are characters comparable to all 3 faces i.e Infinity, Phoenix Force, etc etc.

#24 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio

Logic Mark III says:

"@ SilerSurfa: England. I wasnt saying beat Galactus with sheer power alone, but his power did let him hit Galactus with enough force to send him back, and he created a shield that took Galactus a little time to penetrate [in the Thanos mini-series...very few beings of a Thanos level can do this]...so by scaling up to his creators a Celestial i assume they would have greater success. @ Alpha: In the Infinty Gauntlet the Celestials were there, and they displayed impressive powers, sending whole planets flying into Thanos. Additionally the faces of the Living Tribunal are one character each, maybe he doesnt want to list them all, im pretty sure there are characters comparable to all 3 faces i.e Infinity, Phoenix Force, etc etc. "

He only has 4. And as far as know, Infinity is a female version of Eternity. I would think they were the same. The Celestials are powerful cosmic entities but just because they have cosmic level power (like Eon. the In-betweener and the Vishanti) doesn't mean they are on the level of the 3 essential entities of the Marvel Universe (Eternity, Death, and Galactus)

#25 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

What about the Phoenix? Rachel only actually had a fraction of the Phoenix force and she handled Galactus. I would say the Phoenix was AT LEAST comparable to him, and im sure there are many more.

#26 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio

Logic Mark III says:

"What about the Phoenix? Rachel only actually had a fraction of the Phoenix force and she handled Galactus. I would say the Phoenix was AT LEAST comparable to him, and im sure there are many more."

That's a big arguement now. Some say that the Pheonix Force had a place in the creation of Galactus. I believe that it helped keep him safe while he was being created. But it's like I said, it's a debate now. I don't believe it to be. Yes, its a cosmic entity but no where near Galactus and the others.

#27 Posted by spekqj (566 posts) - - Show Bio

Logic Mark III says:

"What about the Phoenix? Rachel only actually had a fraction of the Phoenix force and she handled Galactus. I would say the Phoenix was AT LEAST comparable to him, and im sure there are many more."

Why don't you think hungry galactus...full power galacuts can defeat all marvel hero include all celestials. Full power galactus=Eternity.
Post Edited:2008-06-05 10:04:41

#28 Posted by Son Of The Northwind (293 posts) - - Show Bio

The Phoenix itself created Galactus as we know him.

#29 Posted by spekqj (566 posts) - - Show Bio

Son Of The Northwind says:

"The Phoenix itself created Galactus as we know him."

You're right, but something is wrong.

Phoenix force just protected him from big bang. Galactus created by Eternity and Death.

Galactus relived by phoeix force but he was empowered by Eternity.

#30 Posted by thenightwing (191 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#31 Posted by thenightwing (191 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#32 Posted by warlock360 (26900 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor already took him, and humbled Galactus. (even without the odinforce)

#33 Posted by thenightwing (191 posts) - - Show Bio

#34 Posted by thenightwing (191 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"Thor already took him, and humbled Galactus. (even without the odinforce)"

#35 Posted by warlock360 (26900 posts) - - Show Bio

... i demand Zee Crusher to show up in this thread!

#36 Posted by ShadowUltraDestoryer (43 posts) - - Show Bio

silver sufer will someday beat thor but, thor still will own him plus thor is a better fighter.

#37 Edited by Fresh Prince (4939 posts) - - Show Bio

bump. i think thor can win here

#38 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1112 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor but after a great fight.
I demand more Odinforce feats from the new Thor

#39 Posted by Fresh Prince (4939 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah. his series is starting to get boring. i wanna see him fight more

#40 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1112 posts) - - Show Bio
Fresh Prince said:
"yeah. his series is starting to get boring. i wanna see him fight more"
agreed. no more loki scheming ... Show some action
#41 Posted by kinggamer97 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer

#42 Posted by kaino12 (3151 posts) - - Show Bio

i think ss could win this now wether or not he will is up to question. cus thor has some rust free plot armor.

#43 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor has beat Surfer before but always under circumstances, Surfer beat Thor the first time they fought, every time Thor beat Surfer he was in Warrior Madness, or in WM with the power gem. Clasic Surfer was definatly more powerful than classic Thor IMO Thor was just more of a warrior. But current Thor with the force should beat Surfer but maybe not Surfers upgrade is a monster as well.

#44 Posted by themadsurfer (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesaw: I'm a SS big fan but the first time they fought SS was amped by Loki and in Blood and Thunder Thor wasn't in WM Odin confirmed that.

OF Thor may win against Post-A Surfer. Post-A surfer win (easily) against regular Thor. Classic levels they are pretty even but Thor based on their fights has an edge.

#45 Posted by ntb101 (704 posts) - - Show Bio

thats who wins