User Lists: 0

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Thor has defeated the Surfer a couple of times already, but based on the sheer scope of the Surfer's abilities, he should win the fight. Especially post Annihilation Surfer.

And the fight has been done more times than I can count, so this is getting locked.
Akwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Akwa

Gonna agree with Morpheus. A non-PIS Surfer should carry the fight.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Akwa said:
" Gonna agree with Morpheus. A non-PIS Surfer should carry the fight. "
Do my eyes deceive me, or is it Akwa, back from the dead ?
Akwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Akwa
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Akwa said:
Do my eyes deceive me, or is it Akwa, back from the dead ? "

Dead? Is that what they say? Hmph! 

You spend one night sleeping in a ditch and everyone goes off pronouncing you dead this and dead that! 

But seriously, yes. Nice to see you're still here.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Akwa said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Akwa said:
Dead? Is that what they say? Hmph!  You spend one night sleeping in a ditch and everyone goes off pronouncing you dead this and dead that!  But seriously, yes. Nice to see you're still here. "
I am glad to see you back my friend. The more good debaters there are, the greater our chances to retain our sanity against the accumulated madness of this board.
The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By The_Scourge

Surfer.

Superparody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Superparody
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Akwa said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Akwa said:
Dead? Is that what they say? Hmph!  You spend one night sleeping in a ditch and everyone goes off pronouncing you dead this and dead that!  But seriously, yes. Nice to see you're still here. "
I am glad to see you back my friend. The more good debaters there are, the greater our chances to retain our sanity against the accumulated madness of this board. "

Prepare for madness...
Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Logic Mark III

I recon Thor can do it. His hammer has effects rivaling the Surfers. Close combat i would give it to Thor.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Current Surfer should beat Thor after a pretty good fight.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Logic Mark III

Current Thor is no slouch himself. I see no specific boost to SS that would make him beat Thor, yes SS is more serious than he has ever been, but basically the same.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Logic Mark III said:
"

I see no specific boost to SS that would make him beat Thor, yes SS is more serious than he has ever been, but basically the same.

"
I don't think Silver Surfer needed a boost to beat Thor to begin with but if you actually believe he hasn't upgraded in power and the way he approaches a fight...you haven't been reading anything with him in it.
Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Logic Mark III

@Vance: What really has him in in any dedicated way? Is there a new series i am missing? Last things i remember him in: BRB godhunter [which was terrible] and one of the crappy Hulk books in which Skaar schooled him. So i don't quite know where the power boost you are talking about is coming from. Like i said his temprement has changed, thus i suppose it seems like a boost when its really him not holding back so much. 

I have seen nothing that would put him above Thor. Mjolnir can do a lot of what SS can and Thor is a better warrior up close.  

We haven't even really seen the extent to which Thor does or does not have the Odin force. Next issue will probably highlight this, i'm thinking since he is fighting Doom he still has some magical clout of that magnitude.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Logic Mark III said:
"

@Vance: What really has him in in any dedicated way? Is there a new series i am missing? Last things i remember him in: BRB godhunter [which was terrible] and one of the crappy Hulk books in which Skaar schooled him. So i don't quite know where the power boost you are talking about is coming from. Like i said his temprement has changed, thus i suppose it seems like a boost when its really him not holding back so much. 

I have seen nothing that would put him above Thor. Mjolnir can do a lot of what SS can and Thor is a better warrior up close.  

We haven't even really seen the extent to which Thor does or does not have the Odin force. Next issue will probably highlight this, i'm thinking since he is fighting Doom he still has some magical clout of that magnitude.

"
Silver Surfer was above Thor to begin with.I don't know why you are acting like Thor is more powerful than SIlver Surfer when he's done nothing to prove that.
why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By why so serious

i think surfur.
why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By why so serious

nvm i think thor

Avatar image for the_cheese_pickle
the cheese pickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Logic Mark III: if you take current thor and current silver surfer who was really holding back when he pwned beta ray bill in energey and strengththen surfers our boy
Avatar image for riseofapocalypse
RiseofApocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RiseofApocalypse

Thor, going by their actual fights. 

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Thor's hammmer

"Thor, going by their actual fights.  "
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By spidey 15

SS will win....=]

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@spidey 15:
with his post annialation powers probably without them I say Thor brings the fight in close and ends it fast
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LT1085

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By Night Thrasher

both have been upgraded significantly lately. I do think Surfer was more powerful than Thor to begin with, so current and previous versions of Surfer would win

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@Night Thrasher: 

he wasn't
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Thor's hammmer: who wasn't
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Morpheus_ said:
" Thor has defeated the Surfer a couple of times already, but based on the sheer scope of the Surfer's abilities, he should win the fight. Especially post Annihilation Surfer.

And the fight has been done more times than I can count, so this is getting locked.
"
I guess he showed you :P

Current Surfer should win this.
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Thor's hammmer:    Silver Surfer was upgraded by Galactus at the end of Annihilation, and Thor possessed the Odin Force after Ragnarok and Odin died. 
crabtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By crabtree

SS wins

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By spidey 15
@Thor's hammmer said:

" @spidey 15: with his post annialation powers probably without them I say Thor brings the fight in close and ends it fast "

Even without them i believe he can win....=]
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@Night Thrasher: 

thor doesn't have those powers anymore and will probably lose to current surfer thou im not 100% sure. 
if he Thor still had the powers he had as rune lord thor he would fucking stomp the surfer even with the post annialation powers   
classic thor has already beaten classic surfer more than once
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Thor's hammmer said:

"  classic thor has already beaten classic surfer more than once "

When? I'm not disapproving, I honestly want to know. They fought in Blood and Thunder and in Silver Surfer  vol. 1 # 4. Thor only won in Blood and Thunder, the other was a stalemate since the Surfer separated Thor from Mjolnir, but was enhanced by Loki.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By dane

No Caption Provided

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
On a sidenote, this is at least the fourth thread covering this topic.
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@Morpheus_: 

he defeats the surfer more than once in the blood and thunder series  once one on one once when surfer is with bill and once when the surfer teams with adam warlock
also surfer seperating the hammer from him wasn't very successful since thor shattered the forcefield he put around it with one strike also the surfer stated that thor was holding back on him and that the surfer was being driven towards killing him (by loki) I honestly belive if the fight had of continued thor would have beaten him but loki teleports surfer back to earth because he finally relized thor was not the enemy
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Thor's hammmer said:

" @Morpheus_:  he defeats the surfer more than once in the blood and thunder series  once one on one once when surfer is with bill and once when the surfer teams with adam warlock "

That's the same fight. Bill was knocked out by Thor, and the Surfer kept fighting. Then, Adam Warlock arrived. That's one victory, not two.

also surfer seperating the hammer from him wasn't very successful since thor shattered the forcefield he put around it with one strike

That's not exactly what happened. Thor only shattered the forcefield with one blow after the Surfer realised he was misguided and stopped putting effort in keeping him there.

also the surfer stated that thor was holding back on him and that the surfer was being driven towards killing him (by loki)

...The Surfer said Thor was holding back, but he also said "Even though, I cannot bring myself to hate the Thunder God". Hardly the Surfer going all out to kill Thor. It would be against his moral code anyway. While Loki tried to make him hate Thor, the Surfer still had his own thoughts, hence how he managed to overcome it and realise Loki's ploy.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Here's the part where Thor smashes the forcefield and the Surfer states Thor elected to hold back against him, since it didn't appear in my original edit, for whatever reason.

No Caption Provided
JThree47693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By JThree47693

Surfer wins here. But hasn't this been done like 12 times already?

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Thor's hammmer

@Morpheus_: 

it never states the surfer stopped putting effort into holding the hammer there it acctually appears more like thor shattered the surfer's sheild like he says  

also surfer is knocked out on 2 seperate occasions in the fight and is only saved by adam warlock both times  
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurfer08.jpg     thor knocks the silver surfer out here after bill has already been knocked out and transpoted to safety, but before adam warlock has arrived

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurferAdamWarlock01Infi.jpg the surfer comes to after adam warlock has already arrived and acknowledges that he saved his life "it was most likely his arrival that saved my skull from being crushed by Thor's hammer."  

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurferAdamWarlock06.jpg     thor knocks the silver surfer uncounsious again in this scan  while battling warlock  

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurferAdamWarlock07.jpg  adam warlock flees with the surfers still uncounsious body  

I count 2 k.o's where someone has to save your life both times as 2 seperate victory's  

so my final decision is still the same 
 regular thor over classic surfer  
post annialation surfer over regular thor  
king thor or rune lord thor over post annialation surfer or classic surfer

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Thor's hammmer said:
"

@Morpheus_: 

also surfer is knocked out on 2 seperate occasions in the fight and is only saved by adam warlock both times  
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurfer08.jpg     thor knocks the silver surfer out here after bill has already been knocked out and transpoted to safety, but before adam warlock has arrived

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurferAdamWarlock01Infi.jpg the surfer comes to after adam warlock has already arrived and acknowledges that he saved his life "it was most likely his arrival that saved my skull from being crushed by Thor's hammer."  

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurferAdamWarlock06.jpg     thor knocks the silver surfer uncounsious again in this scan  while battling warlock  

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurferAdamWarlock07.jpg  adam warlock flees with the surfers still uncounsious body  

I count 2 k.o's where someone has to save your life both times as 2 seperate victory's  "
My bad on this, I remembered Warlock intercepting the fight while the Surfer was still conscious.

it never states the surfer stopped putting effort into holding the hammer there it acctually appears more like thor shattered the surfer's sheild like he says 

I disagree. The Surfer makes a distinctive move with his hand in order to illustrate that he holds the shield together (up until the panel where he actually deduces Loki must be behind it all). After that, he pauses, speaks to Thor about Loki, then Balder intervenes, and it's pretty clear the Surfer has no intention to pursue fighting, or keep binding the forcefield itself. That does not prevent him from being impressed by Thor's might, though - which he comments in the end. 

I don't see a real point in this argument, though.

so my final decision is still the same 
 regular thor over classic surfer  
post annialation surfer over regular thor  
king thor or rune lord thor over post annialation surfer or classic surfer 

I see no reason in mentioning King, or RL Thor. If that was to be the case it would have been mentioned in the OP. Otherwise,  we may as well include the Keeper in this, too.
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@Morpheus_: 

the keeper fought the Thor of his reality and didn't win it was a draw becasue they relized they were on the same side, and i'm including rune lord thor because he is a canon power upgrade if I was including thor from the magnaverse it would be like including the keeper
Avatar image for the_man_of_tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ferro Vida said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" Thor has defeated the Surfer a couple of times already, but based on the sheer scope of the Surfer's abilities, he should win the fight. Especially post Annihilation Surfer.

"
I guess he showed you :P  Current Surfer should win this. "
Ha!
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Thor's hammmer said:
" @Morpheus_:  the keeper fought the Thor of his reality and didn't win it was a draw becasue they relized they were on the same side, and i'm including rune lord thor because he is a canon power upgrade if I was including thor from the magnaverse it would be like including the keeper "
Do you happen to know when the Keeper encountered Thor? I have only read his battle against Galactus.

You missed my point. RL Thor has not appeared in over six years. No reason to mention him, at all, considering that each battle includes characters at their current power levels, unless stated otherwise.
chris thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By chris thompson

Surfer.
Havoc@

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Havoc@

Odin force Thor v.s. Annihilation Surfer...Odin force Thor wins. Current Thor v.s. Current Surfer... Current Surfer wins, since surfer is more comfortable in not holding back now, but if Thor keeps the iron man bashing attitude,,.Tie.

Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By supermandefender

Thor Warrior madness vs Current Surfer.....unknown after upgrade....before Thor.  Thor normal vs Surfer. Surfer....Thor doesnt have the feats without being amped up here somehow to beat Surfer. 
Thor OF vs Silver Surfer current. Thor OF.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By spidey 15
@spidey 15 said:
" SS will win....=] "
MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MzombieX

Until I see some evidence to support that SS is beyond Thor, then I still have to go with the Asgardian in this fight. 
SS hasn't ever defeated Thor to my knowledge, yet Thor has always defeated SS. 
Best shot SS has had was when he was bolstered by Loki's power as well, but this thread isn't Thor vs SS and Loki.
SS has even stated very clearly himself, that Mjolnir is beyond his power cosmic. 
Mjolnir can duplicate many of Surfer's powers and then some. Thor has shown in the past that he can crush force fields of the power cosmic with his bare hands. 
I know that SS has gotten a bit of a boost, but Thor has evolved as a character also ... and still carries a portion of the Odin Force within him, as well as the OF being bound to Mjolnir.  

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jojjimbo
@Vance Astro said:
" Current Surfer should beat Thor after a pretty good fight. "
Agreed
Avatar image for fist_of_mandalore
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MzombieX said:
"
Until I see some evidence to support that SS is beyond Thor, then I still have to go with the Asgardian in this fight. 
SS hasn't ever defeated Thor to my knowledge, yet Thor has always defeated SS. 
Best shot SS has had was when he was bolstered by Loki's power as well, but this thread isn't Thor vs SS and Loki.
SS has even stated very clearly himself, that Mjolnir is beyond his power cosmic. 
Mjolnir can duplicate many of Surfer's powers and then some. Thor has shown in the past that he can crush force fields of the power cosmic with his bare hands. 
I know that SS has gotten a bit of a boost, but Thor has evolved as a character also ... and still carries a portion of the Odin Force within him, as well as the OF being bound to Mjolnir.  
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    "
Those were all Classic Surfer and Classic Thor. Surfer has received major upgrades since then.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
I like the "Thor has always defeated Surfer" when they've only fought twice, and one fight was a stalemate.