Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos beats him to death like he did once,only since the surfer if more powerful now it shall take him 18 blows instead of 9.

fabulousness17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos, of course.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Thanos STOMP.

Silver Surfer powers might be great but he has a weak mind.

He does not have the killer instinct like Thanos.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thanos

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Norrin might be a lot closer to Thanos; and I wonder if he will now be actually on his level etc.

Avatar image for maninthemountain
ManInTheMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos easily

bigmedlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver surfer

MidnightFreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos still wins

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

the mad titan

Avatar image for hulkworldbreakeroftheworld
hulkworldbreakeroftheworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver surfer, because silver surfer has more feats.

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos handle him like he did against the rest of the Annihilators recently.

Minitrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please don't judge me but how strong is silver surfer. I hear he can do weird crap but what powers do he possess.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos.

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minitrooper: Super Strength, speed, stamina etc. Other than the standard stuff he also has transmutation, matter manipulation, telepathy, healing...he's displayed a great deal of powers over the years tbh.

He would not beat Thanos, it's been shown more than once that Thanos is a tier above him.

Avatar image for ultimateinferno
UltimateInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Than the man

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Silver surfer, because silver surfer has more feats.

Except for the fact that Thanos has multiple feats defeating Silver Surfer. Heroes who have their own comics for a prolonged period of time will always have more feats than villains who show up once every two years.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What has Norrin done recently that puts him on Thanos level

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos as usual.

notaidiotidoit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos already beat surfer

Gojira2512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos owns him.

Avatar image for hulkworldbreakeroftheworld
hulkworldbreakeroftheworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kangconquers: sorry i was joking around due too this topic just getting out of hand and not being locked! I don't like entertaining a spite thread that has people who have repeatedly told the OP this is a spite and still it gets ignored.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TMNT for the win.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6c6de088804
deactivated-5c6c6de088804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TMNT for the win.

Donatello solos. Oh wait.

bryce5717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow... Just wow. It's almost as if no one here has read an SS comic before.

I just bought the Epic Collection: Freedom and am more convinced than ever before or the Surfer's power and ability's, which are seemingly limitless! And you talk about "feats" like he has none???? Seriously? He beats the Champion with one blow after the Champion bested hulk thing wonderman and Thor at the SAME time. It was nothing to SS. He wasn't even mad. And then you say stuff like Superman and Wonderwoman are too fast for Thanos, yet SS is twice as fast as both put together. The guy frickin travels from one side or the universe to the other in a heartbeat! Yet HE'S not fast enough? When have you seen Wonderwoman fly faster than the speed of light through a supernova? The guy can pretty much do anything he wishes. I just saw him recreate his entire home planet by giving his gf a fraction of his power so that ever time she took a step trees would grow. He can literally control molecules at a subatomic level and take you apart and put you back together again. The guys a machine! Hah. And obviously Thanos is too. But if anyone can beat him it's SS. Like Superman isn't even on the same level. He flies around metropolis saving Lois lane while surfer flies around the entire universe doing things sups couldn't even dream of doing.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ facepalm

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#183  Edited By GIliad_

All the feats in the world don't change the fact that Thanos has and will still beat him

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this really a question if the fight has happened multiple times in the comics? Thanos stomps as usual

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, do the comics just have this wrong? I know it seems like a ridiculous question but we’ve seen Namor stagger the mad titan, we’ve seen Hulk and Black Bolt draw blood from him. Thanos is a league above them yet they’ve put up much better outings against the mad titan than Norrin. Silver Surfer is arguably the most powerful marvel “herald” level character edging out the likes of Sentry and Thor (both debateable). Given his particular power set, his versatility, his speed, his experience, should be not be an excellent matchup for the mad titan? Shouldn’t their fights be more balanced?

Just curious.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#186 god_spawn  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb
deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How in hell this is not a horrible mismatch ???????? Thanos walks though him. I will not show scans for this, just to make look more embarrassing.

Bump, do the comics just have this wrong? I know it seems like a ridiculous question but we’ve seen Namor stagger the mad titan, we’ve seen Hulk and Black Bolt draw blood from him. Thanos is a league above them yet they’ve put up much better outings against the mad titan than Norrin. Silver Surfer is arguably the most powerful marvel “herald” level character edging out the likes of Sentry and Thor (both debateable). Given his particular power set, his versatility, his speed, his experience, should be not be an excellent matchup for the mad titan? Shouldn’t their fights be more balanced?

Just curious.

Black Bolt was only able to harm him due to the terrigen bomb that exploded due to Black Bolt's scream and even after that Black Bolt screamed at Thanos point blank and he not only tanked his efforts but also smack him then and there be. Thanos pimp slapped/one-shotted a composite version Hulk no of times b4, therefore, it's not even debatble. Thor and Sentry are fodders and he already stomped Thor with no difficulty.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc66e8574839
deactivated-5cc66e8574839

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biswaboxz: Black Bolt bloodied Thanos before the terrigen bomb exploded.

Thanos has never oneshotted Hulk where Hulk was koed.

But I like how only against Thanos nobody brings up Surfer tanking supernovas and Black holes and destroying planets.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01: I'm not sure about the hulk instance but Namor nearly shattered every bone in his hand punching Hulk. Namor is pretty inconsistent but he has feats of going toe to toe with Hercules, Sentry, and hulk and doing quite well. So even though Namor drew blood he was doing more damage to himself than Thanos. And thanos stomped him quickly once he got bored.

Now the black bolt thing is interesting. Black bolt's initial scream before he was depowered did bloody thanos up pretty good but at the same time its important to keep in mind Hickmans black bolt was one shotting heralds (alternate universe terrax). We also saw Black Bolt winning against the rest of the illumanati while in a severely weakened state (including namor, doctor strange, and iron man). I definitely think Hikcman depicted his version of black bolt as the power house of his New Avengers. He also had black bolt do more damage to thanos than Thor's lightning which was no sold by thanos (something I don't think surfer could do against Thor).

Surfer might have more versatility but I don't think its to severe and thanos seems to have more raw power. Surfer might be fast but thanos is far more durable. He's no sold surfers blasts as well in the past and his fight with Odin shows thanos tanking a barrage of Odins attacks after the surfer got one shotted. So Surfers speed can probably be compensated by thanos durability.

I also am not sure if surfer is meant to really be fast in the way superman is. I think surfer is capable of reacting quickly due to his cosmic senses, and he can maneuver on his surf board quickly because of those cosmic senses, but I am not sure if he is meant to be able to move fast physically. The marvel handbook rates thanos and surfers reflexes and agility in the same tier.

The most I can recall for surfers physical speed is dodging a blow from hulk effortlessly but that was in a pretty old marvel presents comic IIRC where hulk was struggling to tag characters like the thing. So I think surfer's senses let him react to speedsters but I am not sure if he is capable of speed blitzing beyond bull rushes which thanos can counter with his durability. I think if thanos plants his feet on the ground and resists it would be kind of like crashing into a brick wall. Kind of like what happened with jack of hearts when he tried it on hulk:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@supermanwithatan01: I'm not sure about the hulk instance but Namor nearly shattered every bone in his hand punching Hulk. Namor is pretty inconsistent but he has feats of going toe to toe with Hercules, Sentry, and hulk and doing quite well. So even though Namor drew blood he was doing more damage to himself than Thanos. And thanos stomped him quickly once he got bored.

Now the black bolt thing is interesting. Black bolt's initial scream before he was depowered did bloody thanos up pretty good but at the same time its important to keep in mind Hickmans black bolt was one shotting heralds (alternate universe terrax). We also saw Black Bolt winning against the rest of the illumanati while in a severely weakened state (including namor, doctor strange, and iron man). I definitely think Hikcman depicted his version of black bolt as the power house of his New Avengers. He also had black bolt do more damage to thanos than Thor's lightning which was no sold by thanos (something I don't think surfer could do against Thor).

Surfer might have more versatility but I don't think its to severe and thanos seems to have more raw power. Surfer might be fast but thanos is far more durable. He's no sold surfers blasts as well in the past and his fight with Odin shows thanos tanking a barrage of Odins attacks after the surfer got one shotted. So Surfers speed can probably be compensated by thanos durability.

I also am not sure if surfer is meant to really be fast in the way superman is. I think surfer is capable of reacting quickly due to his cosmic senses, and he can maneuver on his surf board quickly because of those cosmic senses, but I am not sure if he is meant to be able to move fast physically. The marvel handbook rates thanos and surfers reflexes and agility in the same tier.

The most I can recall for surfers physical speed is dodging a blow from hulk effortlessly but that was in a pretty old marvel presents comic IIRC where hulk was struggling to tag characters like the thing. So I think surfer's senses let him react to speedsters but I am not sure if he is capable of speed blitzing beyond bull rushes which thanos can counter with his durability. I think if thanos plants his feet on the ground and resists it would be kind of like crashing into a brick wall. Kind of like what happened with jack of hearts when he tried it on hulk:

It was mentioned that the inital voice/first voice of Black Bolt did explode the terrigen bomb and due to that particular reason, Thanos was bloodied.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: But then Namor took a scream from Black Bolt point blank and was stunned for just a few moments.

Hickman also showed that the Cabal would've died in the incursions had Maker not saved them and Thanos needed bombs to destroy Earth.

Interestingly Thanos has only fought Surfer under Marz and Starlin (Starlin has a pretty poor view of Surfer and most of his losses and low showings come from Starlin and I don't think Surfer even affected anyone worth under Starlin, Thor straight up no sold Surfer under Starlin). Marz repeatedly showed Surfer to be less powerful than Thor (Drax with power gem essentially dwarfed Surfer in power and Thor stalemated Drax).

Surfer definitely has a very inflated view of his powers on message boards and he isn't regarded in the same views in comics as he is here (Planet busting, supernova tanking, invulnerable god and anything less is a low showing).

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biswaboxz: The terrigin bomb wasn't a weapon. It was used to trigger the terrigenesis process across the world to awaken people's dormant inhuman genes.

No Caption Provided

I'm also pretty sure that is the bomb being activated in the bottom panel of your scan. It wouldn't make sense that the bomb did all that damage to thanos because black bolt was less bloody than thanos when Attilan fell.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biswaboxz: You can see Thanos skin tearing off before the terrigen bomb activated.

Also this terrigen bomb was designed only to distribute terrigen mists on Earth.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motifian:

But then Namor took a scream from Black Bolt point blank and was stunned for just a few moments.

If your talking about when Black Panther stabbed Naomr, black bolt likely held back to avoid getting T'challa caught in the blast. Black Bolt while severely weakened one shotted Namor during infinity.

Hickman also showed that the Cabal would've died in the incursions had Maker not saved them and Thanos needed bombs to destroy Earth.

Incursions are the destruction of universes so it wouldn't make sense for thanos to survive that. As far as needing bombs to destroy planets we've seen thanos destroy planets on two occasions. The first time was in a slugfest with Drax where they shattered the planet with physical blows, and the second was when he did it against Thane.

Interestingly Thanos has only fought Surfer under Marz and Starlin (Starlin has a pretty poor view of Surfer and most of his losses and low showings come from Starlin and I don't think Surfer even affected anyone worth under Starlin, Thor straight up no sold Surfer under Starlin). Marz repeatedly showed Surfer to be less powerful than Thor (Drax with power gem essentially dwarfed Surfer in power and Thor stalemated Drax).

This is interesting but I don't think any other writers really disputes thanos placement in comparison to surfer; established by these writers.

Surfer definitely has a very inflated view of his powers on message boards and he isn't regarded in the same views in comics as he is here (Planet busting, supernova tanking, invulnerable god and anything less is a low showing).

I think the same can be said for most characters on the vine. I don't think this is exclusive to the surfer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Hmm Ok. But honestly, I never pictured that Black Bolt's voice would create/show a cataclysmic explosion that was shown on the second panel which I mentioned above.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Hmm Ok. But honestly, I never pictured that Black Bolt's voice would create/show a cataclysmic explosion that was shown on the second panel which I mentioned above.

That could be because Attilan is exploding. And black bolt doesn't really cut loose often to my knowledge.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: So Thanos surivived the explosion of Attlian as well as Black Bolt's voice cause's they both happened simultaneously?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: So Thanos surivived the explosion of Attlian as well as Black Bolt's voice cause's they both happened simultaneously?

Yea.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I don't know why but I have never seen viners who share/debate as much polite as u. But I guess I underestimated u. I will give u a follow if u don't mind :).

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers