Uno_Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By Uno_Oscuro

@Morpheus_ said:

There are scans of Silver Surfer not only hurting or coming close to defeating, but almost killing Thanos in a mental duel. And there is only one fight between the two in all their years of history (which Thanos won), not a dozen times or anywhere near it. Thanos wins, but let's quote something that is more accurate.

Do you have scans, I do recall a mental battle between the two, but I certainly don't remember Thanos being near death.

xD34DP001x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By xD34DP001x

@Uno_Oscuro: Yea

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By majestic99

@Uno_Oscuro said:

@Morpheus_ said:

There are scans of Silver Surfer not only hurting or coming close to defeating, but almost killing Thanos in a mental duel. And there is only one fight between the two in all their years of history (which Thanos won), not a dozen times or anywhere near it. Thanos wins, but let's quote something that is more accurate.

Do you have scans, I do recall a mental battle between the two, but I certainly don't remember Thanos being near death.

How did this end up in my notications box?

Uno_Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Uno_Oscuro

@majestic99 said:

@Uno_Oscuro said:

@Morpheus_ said:

How did this end up in my notications box?

Lol, I do not know.

deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

ss if its the current silver surfer. he showed to be more powerful

TheLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107  Edited By TheLeader

Thanos is more powerful than SS. Sure, plots, and twists, anybody can lose a fight, but a full strength Thanos against a full strength SS with no help from environment or power boosts or outside assistance, Thanos wins.

It is not a cakewalk for Thanos, because SS has a big heart, but it's Thanos.

In writing, environment and outside factors always comes into play

Avatar image for killer_of_trolls
Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morpheus_ said:

Yo morph, can you give those scans. It's more a personal request rather than a debate call.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Killemall

@Killer_of_trolls said:

Yo morph, can you give those scans. It's more a personal request rather than a debate call.

Morpheus_ doesnt comment on comicvine anymore.

If you are inquiring about mental dual, here are the scans from Silver Surfer volume 3, Issue 59

few things to note, none of them had their powers , surfer and people at similar powers have stuggled to hurt Thanos let alone beat him. Also the battle ended with Thanos declared the victory because fairly Surfer would have won, he hesistated to kill Thanos in the duel but Thanos was almost about to kill him.

I do not agree with Morpheus_ on that , even if Surfer is written properly and doesnt job , he could beat Thanos. That is because apart from Speed surfer has nothing that could put thanos out for good, while thanos has the blast that he used to kill Rot during Avengers: Celestial Quest.

The above scan if the description of blast Thanos used to kill a baby abstract called rot, and i frankly dont see Surfer tanking that one either.

Here are the full scans of the fight

Fights and kills ROT an abstract level being, the son of Lady Death and Thanos, and the full blast from thanos apparently "Makes the universe scream"

Also Thanos might have only beaten Surfer once (where there was massive context involved), thanos has regularly beaten guys of the same caliber.

Thanos has beaten Kosmos , a cosmic cube being who was said to privy to unlimited energy and capable of warping the universe out of existence chanelling the powers of the church (note Kosmos = Molecule Man + Beyonder combined into a sentinence being)

Thanos 10

Thanos also rather convincingly beat Fallen One, who was said to be first and the most powerful herald of Galactus

Thanos 12

A very short fight with Lord Mar Vell a being who single handedly beat Adam Warlock, Nova Prime and Surfer (in fact he one shotted him) and Thanos was easily getting the better of him before he asked to be killed (plot for the whole arc) - Thanos Imperative 05

And given the fact that Lord Marvell one shotted Surfer, Thanos definitely outperformed him by quite a margin.

Thanos also held his own again a warrior madness Thor with Power Gem who without power gem nearly killed Surfer

As far as i am concerned, given Thanos stat, written properly or otherwise Thanos would beat Silver Surfer in a fight.

Avatar image for killer_of_trolls
Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall: don't know why you would ho to all this trouble, mate. I didn't ask for any of this. All I wanted was to see that mental duel, had nothing to do with the topic. qiete frankly it wasn't what I was expected. thought it was some kinda telepathy battle(which I know thanos would slaughter him). Are you sure that this is the one Morph was talking about? cause it is kinda of irrelevant.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Killemall

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@Killemall: don't know why you would ho to all this trouble, mate. I didn't ask for any of this. All I wanted was to see that mental duel, had nothing to do with the topic. qiete frankly it wasn't what I was expected. thought it was some kinda telepathy battle(which I know thanos would slaughter him). Are you sure that this is the one Morph was talking about? cause it is kinda of irrelevant.

Yes that is the one Morph_ was talking about i have read every Thanos issues so far, and ever Surfer issue till 2011 (havent been able to follow the defenders after that) and they have only actually fought twice. Once Thanos killed him (Cosmic Power Unlimited 01) and the other this one. After that Surfer has fought a fake Thanos once and blasted and been unable to harm thanos the other time, i am 100% sure there hasnt been another duel like Morph stated apart from this, and i am certain its this instance he was talking about.

Actually its hard to break down the argument, the scans of Surfer vs Thanos were for you to see as requested, the remaining was me making a case for my fav character Thanos :p for everyone to see in the thread.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry i am only aware of post annihilation silver surfer and Thanos, but well the fact is the comics have been very inconsistent.. If you really look at the power they both have silver surfer has lot more powers i suppose. but then again, thanos's greatest power is his mind.. Thanos gets per its MASSIVE CURBSTOMP.. else surfer might have a chance.

You know what is the best thing ever. Looking at people's posts from long ago.......................................

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

You know what is the best thing ever. Looking at people's posts from long ago.......................................

Its actually funny how 2 of my post (one completely devoid of scans) and the other filled with scans, on the same thread, totally contradicts each other :p

What can i say, you change your opinion as things go along.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos will always be superior to SS

sharkiedoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New to the forum, thanos will win EVERY TIME, one instance that SS would win if Big G grants him more access to power cosmic...

Avatar image for thesacredonewithin
TheSacredOneWithin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanos pimpslaps him which curbstomps ss

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Thanos

Avatar image for maninthemountain
ManInTheMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@first_last: that's classic surfer, and surfer was holding back. He was trying to negotiate with Thanos about Death when Thanis got mad and ambushed him.

Current surfer will open a black hole and kill Thanos.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch

kcjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone refresh my memory? When did Surfer get any power upgrade?

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Thanos

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcjr During Annihilation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The very thought of Thanos losing a fight is 100% heresy in these parts.

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without PIS Surfer should win.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000 said:

The very thought of Thanos losing a fight is 100% heresy in these parts.

lol funny

GameOfMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Madonek.

I like milk! <3

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch, Thanos stomps... again.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killer_of_trolls said:

Morpheus_ doesnt comment on comicvine anymore.

If you are inquiring about mental dual, here are the scans from Silver Surfer volume 3, Issue 59

few things to note, none of them had their powers , surfer and people at similar powers have stuggled to hurt Thanos let alone beat him. Also the battle ended with Thanos declared the victory because fairly Surfer would have won, he hesistated to kill Thanos in the duel but Thanos was almost about to kill him.

I do not agree with Morpheus_ on that , even if Surfer is written properly and doesnt job , he could beat Thanos. That is because apart from Speed surfer has nothing that could put thanos out for good, while thanos has the blast that he used to kill Rot during Avengers: Celestial Quest.

The above scan if the description of blast Thanos used to kill a baby abstract called rot, and i frankly dont see Surfer tanking that one either.

Here are the full scans of the fight

Fights and kills ROT an abstract level being, the son of Lady Death and Thanos, and the full blast from thanos apparently "Makes the universe scream"

Also Thanos might have only beaten Surfer once (where there was massive context involved), thanos has regularly beaten guys of the same caliber.

Thanos has beaten Kosmos , a cosmic cube being who was said to privy to unlimited energy and capable of warping the universe out of existence chanelling the powers of the church (note Kosmos = Molecule Man + Beyonder combined into a sentinence being)

Thanos 10

Thanos also rather convincingly beat Fallen One, who was said to be first and the most powerful herald of Galactus

Thanos 12

A very short fight with Lord Mar Vell a being who single handedly beat Adam Warlock, Nova Prime and Surfer (in fact he one shotted him) and Thanos was easily getting the better of him before he asked to be killed (plot for the whole arc) - Thanos Imperative 05

And given the fact that Lord Marvell one shotted Surfer, Thanos definitely outperformed him by quite a margin.

Thanos also held his own again a warrior madness Thor with Power Gem who without power gem nearly killed Surfer

As far as i am concerned, given Thanos stat, written properly or otherwise Thanos would beat Silver Surfer in a fight.

*Applause*

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Kangconquers

@maninthemountain: Thanos survived black hole before

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Silver Surfer lacks the ability to deliver any sort of attack that could hurt Thanos. Thanos even advanced on Odin who was blasting him with Gungnir.

It's not PiS when Thanos outperforms Silver Surfer 100% of the time. It's just raw stat superiority.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By leonkarlen123

If Silver Surfer wants to kill Thanos he wouldn't be dumb enough to remove his board and stand next to him, he would fly up on his board and spam him with Cosmic blasts, at the end Thanos is reduced to ashes.

ThorBoy2221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: Umm.. Yeah or not. Surfer gets stomped like he always does. This is spite.

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Silver Surfer wants to kill Thanos he wouldn't be dumb enough to remove his board and stand next to him, he would fly up on his board and spam him with Cosmic blasts, at the end Thanos is reduced to ashes.

Surfer has nothing that can actually hurt Thanos.

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123:

As shown above, his cosmic blasts do not even phase Thanos.

This is a mismatch.

Thanos stomps.

Avatar image for mohammed_alg_92
mohammed_alg_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanos

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r2datu: Though Thanos have no way to actually touch Surfer, he is way too fast. He also changed through the years, he is more powerful now than he was back then.

TheKing47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r2datu: Though Thanos have no way to actually touch Surfer, he is way too fast. He also changed through the years, he is more powerful now than he was back then.

Haha, Thanos has AoE attacks to tag speedsters.

Even currently it's been shown that SS's attacks do nothing but make Thanos laugh.

Thanos was about to stomp SS here, but Warlock decided to save SS the savage beating.

Not only that, but Thanos has reacted to SS's speed before.

Thanos curbstomps SS.

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Hulkman123

Thanos with ease.

It's 110% clear that Thanos is just on another level to SS.

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By r2datu

@leonkarlen123 said:

As demonstrated multiple times in the scans shown, Thanos has superhuman reaction time and speed as well as AoE attacks. He has consistently been able to tag superhumanly fast characters such as Silver Surfer, Gladiator and the Fallen One.

You're basing your perception of Thanos off of essentially zero evidence. You keep saying he's not fast enough to tag superhumanly fast characters. What is that based off?

Every time he has gone up against a superhumanly fast character in continuity, he has been able to tag them with no problem with the sole exception of the Runner who is the single fastest being in the Marvel universe. Thanos has consistently demonstrated high level superhuman reflexes throughout his entire history as a character.

Even if he didn't, the sheer variety of his ways to stop an opponent in their tracks is staggering. As mentioned before, he has wide ranging instantaneous energy blasts which can level large areas in a split second. Not only that, he has powerful telekenisis capable of easily holding and throwing around Herald level beings such as the Fallen One. Even if one is fast enough to dodge his energy attacks or avoid getting trapped by his TK, they have to get through his energy shield which has held back Galactus. And even if that energy field is breached, they still have to have enough strength to hurt Thanos, who LAUGHS off planet busters. Hell, the only reason he rarely uses his energy shield is because he actually LIKES getting hit.

He is unphased by Silver Surfer's blasts and much like Surfer, his durability seems to have increased. Whereas he was shown to be hurt by Thor's hammer early in his history, he has laughed off attacks from a Warrior's madness Thor with the freaking power gem. Recently in Infinity, Thor hit him with everything he had and made Thanos smile. Black Bolt hit Thanos with multiple SCREAMS and Thanos wasn't even phased. He's run straight through Odinforce blasts. He's shrugged off blasts from Cancer Mar-Vell, who ONE SHOTTED Surfer, Nova Prime, Quasar and Adam Warlock.

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats doesn't matter. Thanos follows DBZ like powerscaling when he fights Surfer. If Surfer fights Thanos again, he'll get pimp slapped. Blame it on PIS.

Batking200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Batking200

Thanos