Silver Surfer vs. Superman

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bloodpulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Bloodpulse

i want to get everyone's opinion on this, Because i just want to prove that Silver Surfer would whip Superman's ass

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Surfer.

Logic Mark II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Logic Mark II

Silver Surfer. He is faster [also has the perception/senses to keep track of Superman at top speed], probably stronger if not as strong, can manipulate matter, is very invulnerable, has vast energy projection and manipulation. i dont think superman could take an omega beam of the power cosmic. Also the surfer could take away Superman's energy reserves and severely weaken him.

Avatar image for the_mighty_thor
The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The Mighty Thor

surfer

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the creator

Interesting combat but there are several points to clear up.

Superman is far stronger (if the surfer does not draw on external energy sources) and likely more invulnerable than the silver surfer (to physical blows anyhow).

Superman has a fster reaction time that the Surfer - think about how many times have you seen the surfer operate at super fast reaction times (not just moving at high flight speeds).

The surfer has greter endurance and flight speed than Supes.

The cruch however is that the Surfer can literally drain the solar energy from Superman and effectively block anymore from reaching him (in relatively close combat). He drained the radiation energy from the hulk previously so a giant solar battery should prove as tasty a snack.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Eternal Chaos

That's exactly it. Surfer can take the energy from Superman, become more powerful, and crush him. He has great energy projection and can attack Superman from a distance.

master b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By master b

you know your right your all right at some points but ya all never said superman is not of this world he a alien just like surfer so ist no gaurantee his live sucking powers would even work on sup

ps you know what your talkin about i dont know abot the rest

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Sparda

master b says:

"you know your right your all right at some points but ya all never said superman is not of this world he a alien just like surfer so ist no gaurantee his live sucking powers would even work on sup ps you know what your talkin about i dont know abot the rest"

It would still work.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9  Edited By The_Martian
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#10  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

You realize how old this thread is right?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11  Edited By The_Martian

Buckshot says:

"You realize how old this thread is right?"
Nope, just noticed that. But I saw recent post in it so I thought it was a new one.
Larasen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Larasen

Superman

Why?  It is true that the Surfer's powers do exceed those of Superman. A lot of people assume being able to fly / run at near lightspeed, is the same as superspeed reactions. It is not, I have never ever seen the Surfer deliver rapid punches or avoid missles/ villians like Superman, Flash and even Spider-Man! The secret is that Superman, just like the Flash would see the Surfer moving in slow-motion! 
Do not underestimate just how strong Superman is, I am sorry, but the Surfer would not have enough time in which to match that and with Kal-El being able to deliver 100,000+ punches in in a blink of an eye - sorry Surfer (love you and all) but Superman is my choice on this matter.

PS - The Doomsday battle was incorrectly portrayed, because of the fact that Superman can move at near lightspeed, old Doomsday would not have stood a chance.

Magicalmoment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Magicalmoment

this thread has been done to death

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Dreadmaster

Its funny that this thread has 3,000 views but only 13 posts

Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By Dark King

SS ftw

Winduizcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Winduizcool

SS.

Omnithian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Omnithian

SS

Out of Supes League

Honor Guard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Honor Guard

Only chance Surfer has on defeating supes is by sucking the solar radiation from him like the creator said. But if he doesn't know thats his power source then he'd have no reason to try

GhostPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GhostPool

Silver Surfer

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By MrDirector786

Silver Surfer can create red sun energy and kryptonite radiation, or suck out all of Superman's solar energy. Silver Surfer owns Superman.

metalgambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By metalgambit

The Surfer absolutely has Superman's number. He's stronger, faster, smarter and he wouldn't even have to land a finger on him to kick his ass. DON"T FUCK WITH THE POWER COSMIC!

DaMainMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DaMainMan

I'm suprised most of ya'll realize Surfer would clean Clark's clock. The rampant fanboyism of Supes is not total I see.
Odd tho, when Galactus replaced Surfer's spot with Air Walker he was portrayed as more powerful than the surfer. If I remember correctly Thor killed him yet he wouldn't bent Kent? Like I said odd.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
The Surfer takes this. He's far too versatile for Superman to handle. That is, if Surfer plays it smart and doesn't get engaged in a fist fight.
Avatar image for weapon_x_badazz
weapon x badazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By weapon x badazz

SILVER SURFER WUD STOMP SUPERMANS ASS IN MANY WAYS THN 1, ALL THA SUPERMAN FANBOYS AR OBVIOUSLY GONNA SAY DIFFERENT BUT THEY JUST NEED 2 FACE THA FACTS AN SHUT THA FUK UP

Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Stormultt
@weapon x badazz said:
"SILVER SURFER WUD STOMP SUPERMANS ASS IN MANY WAYS THN 1, ALL THA SUPERMAN FANBOYS AR OBVIOUSLY GONNA SAY DIFFERENT BUT THEY JUST NEED 2 FACE THA FACTS AN SHUT THA FUK UP"

Thats nice hun but lets try to keep this PG-13 language XD, anyways yes silver surfer would definitely win but in not just win so easily in fact he'd have a hell of a hard time wether in space or a planet but overall surfer boy would take it...
Avatar image for weapon_x_badazz
weapon x badazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By weapon x badazz
@Stormultt said:
"@weapon x badazz said:
"SILVER SURFER WUD STOMP SUPERMANS ASS IN MANY WAYS THN 1, ALL THA SUPERMAN FANBOYS AR OBVIOUSLY GONNA SAY DIFFERENT BUT THEY JUST NEED 2 FACE THA FACTS AN SHUT THA FUK UP"
Thats nice hun but lets try to keep this PG-13 language XD, anyways yes silver surfer would definitely win but in not just win so easily in fact he'd have a hell of a hard time wether in space or a planet but overall surfer boy would take it... "

Lol yeh got a lil carried away
Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Stormultt

yea just  a tad bit....XD

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Dreadmaster
@Honor Guard said:
"Only chance Surfer has on defeating supes is by sucking the solar radiation from him like the creator said. But if he doesn't know thats his power source then he'd have no reason to try"

Cosmic Awareness, Surfer could tell his weakness like that.
GhostRider13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GhostRider13

Surfer would probaly just take his powers away and let the freezing temps, and vaccum of space take care of him

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MKF30

SS would most likely contain Supes or Drain him of his powers. I don't think SS would actually be able to "kill" Superman however unless he gets a hold of Kryptonite.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@metalgambit: Watch the language. Thanks :)
BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BIackFlash

Silver Surfer blitzes Superman

spawny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By spawny

Okay peep this you Marvelites SS would probably win.  However I am not a writer for the DC universe yet.  I've got a secret weapon that win make Supes more powerful than your imagination can conceive.  All of his devine powers will be SUPER devine.  Not only that i have a full library of ideas in my head that will make the DCU evolve faster than marvel can blink.  I've got universal entities that will make Galactus and your Celestials look like ants.  I've also got tons of awwwwssooome new superheroes.  I have all of the factors to put the equation together that will spell the end for Marvel.  Wait to see me in bout 3 or 5 years.  But don't worry I'll spare Marvel, I mean I'm not cold blooded and I have a tiny microscopic gram of respect for Marvel.  But once I get through evovling Superman the SS will be crying like a toddler begging for his life.  DC 4 eternity

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Stop reviving battles that have already been done countless times when you have nothing to add but idiocy.
stevepidge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By stevepidge
@the creator:

The surfer could probably just teleport them both to a planet made of kryptonite and bid Au revoir.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By xan84

SM kills(or KO's him) SS before SS can do shit. Pls show me a scan of SS having COMBAT speeds of that of SM. If not SM wins very easy.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By MrDirector786

I say Silver Surfer because he can generate red solar radiation. He could also just rip out all of the solar energy from Superman like he once did to Hulk by ripping out all his gamma radiation.

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By xan84
@MrDirector786 said:
"I say Silver Surfer because he can generate red solar radiation. He could also just rip out all of the solar energy from Superman like he once did to Hulk by ripping out all his gamma radiation."

SS is not going to have the time to do that. SS is like a statue to superman. BUT if some1 can post a pic with SS going FTL in a BATTLE then i will change my post. Until then SM wins easy
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By Son Of Storm

Silver Surfer easily.

sampasing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By sampasing

I bet in Superman, with inteligence the fantastic 4, took his power source and defeated surfer, super would do the same, I'd bet for superman even against Galactus in person

Malvor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Malvor

Truthfully no one likes to give supes any credit at all, minute I saw this thread I knew everyone would choose Silver Surfer, even though it is actually a battle that would be drawn out. Even Gladiator took Surfer to the limit, Surfer in fact went to a draw with him, and so many see Gladiator as the Marvel counterpart of Supes. Surfer is faster, Eventually, but to my understanding he actually has to gather speed to move light speed and usually needs the vacum of space, Supes has better reaction speed and on the spot speed, even this website ranks Supes with the best speed of all. I know everyone will disagree with me, especially all the Superman haters that I have seen here and always see. But all in all I say Draw.

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By xan84
@Malvor said:
"Truthfully no one likes to give supes any credit at all, minute I saw this thread I knew everyone would choose Silver Surfer, even though it is actually a battle that would be drawn out. Even Gladiator took Surfer to the limit, Surfer in fact went to a draw with him, and so many see Gladiator as the Marvel counterpart of Supes. Surfer is faster, Eventually, but to my understanding he actually has to gather speed to move light speed and usually needs the vacum of space, Supes has better reaction speed and on the spot speed, even this website ranks Supes with the best speed of all. I know everyone will disagree with me, especially all the Superman haters that I have seen here and always see. But all in all I say Draw."

As i said in my previous post  SS never demonstrated any FTL or close in a battle(from my knoladge if any got a scan of him doing it pls post it). Traveling at FTL means nothing. For him to actualy have any FTL(or close) combat reactions he needs to first show us in a comic.
No Caption Provided

This is Superman's reaction time and speed. 
TruePwnge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TruePwnge
@Xan said:
" This is Superman's reaction time and speed.  "
Youre either deliberately lying or a complete moron

THAT'S FLASH

NOT SUPERMAN

Its an impressive feat for Flash, great speed feat but the Time period says Microseconds
( millionths of a second)

Surfer does things in NANO-Seconds
(One Billionth of a Second)

Yes he's Faster than Flash and Flash is hundreds if not millions of times faster than Superman

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Hellos
@Xan said:
"@Malvor said:
"Truthfully no one likes to give supes any credit at all, minute I saw this thread I knew everyone would choose Silver Surfer, even though it is actually a battle that would be drawn out. Even Gladiator took Surfer to the limit, Surfer in fact went to a draw with him, and so many see Gladiator as the Marvel counterpart of Supes. Surfer is faster, Eventually, but to my understanding he actually has to gather speed to move light speed and usually needs the vacum of space, Supes has better reaction speed and on the spot speed, even this website ranks Supes with the best speed of all. I know everyone will disagree with me, especially all the Superman haters that I have seen here and always see. But all in all I say Draw."

As i said in my previous post  SS never demonstrated any FTL or close in a battle(from my knoladge if any got a scan of him doing it pls post it). Traveling at FTL means nothing. For him to actualy have any FTL(or close) combat reactions he needs to first show us in a comic.
No Caption Provided
This is Superman's reaction time and speed.  "

You do realize the Surfer could have just turned the nuke into cupcakes, why waste time evacing eveyone and letting the city explode?
Well within his powers to just absorb that energy if he wanted to dead center, if the surfer can fly into starts and not get phased by them, what will little a nuke can do to him :P

Not accepting hes not fast enough to stop the Nuke
The Surfer can search the globe before someone can finish a sentence, just because he usually limits his speed to march 10 in an atmosphere, does not mean he can well exceede that :P
Not travel, actually search the globe.

Telepathy, speed, nano second response time, matter manipulation, the ability to suck the metablized solar energy right out of supes, intangable!, his super vision owns supes, and I am pretty sure his cosmic blasts> anything comming out of supes eyes(Which he can just absorb anyways).

Surfer stomps, travels back in time, stomps again.

Clark would have to be out of his mind.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By xan84

Bub it means nothing that SS can 1 shoot superman if his not going to have time to do that. AGAIN show me a pic of SS using FTL speed in combat. If you can't then SS is a statue his not going to be able to even know his hit by SM.

This is like Prof X vs Flash. If Prof could get a chance he could shut down Flash but is he realy going to have the time to do that ? WELL NOT !

If some1 can show me a PIC with SS using FTL (or close to FTL) combat reflexes) i am going to give the win to SS until then Superman wins EASY.

TruePwnge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TruePwnge
@Xan said:
"

Bub it means nothing that SS can 1 shoot superman

"
Even street levelers like Batman have one shot Superman

Silver Surfer this is a friggin Crbstomp

Crbstomp as in

and only a moronic fanboy would argue otherwise
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By xan84

TruePwnge  you are an idiot. First pic is not CANNON(now how many peeps told you that allready ?) and superman is under red sun light.

Do you actualy have a pic of SS fighting at FTL speeds ? If you do pls show us.
Or tell me pls how is SS going to do creap to SM if he is a statue ? Combat Speed is very important factor.

Again any1 has a pic of SS using ftl or close in combat ?

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Hellos

@Xan said:

"

Bub it means nothing that SS can 1 shoot superman if his not going to have time to do that. AGAIN show me a pic of SS using FTL speed in combat. If you can't then SS is a statue his not going to be able to even know his hit by SM.

This is like Prof X vs Flash. If Prof could get a chance he could shut down Flash but is he realy going to have the time to do that ? WELL NOT !

If some1 can show me a PIC with SS using FTL (or close to FTL) combat reflexes) i am going to give the win to SS until then Superman wins EASY.

"

Ive seen a couple of scans, mostly on this site. I could try fishing them out but that would take a bit :P
One of the Surfer Pimp Slapping someone attempting to speed blitz him,  another of him using his rediculous repsonse time using nano second to escape a trap, and another of him keeping up with Nova in a fight, think that fight was taking place at a relatively nice speed.

Sufer only goes at about 99.99 the speed of light after that he goes into hyperspace and zips through galaxies/ time effortlessly. From what I know the current supes can't even hit light speed, much less FTL.

Psyker star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49  Edited By Psyker star

On the re-cap thread at the top of the battles forum it says that Silver Surfer can beat superman

TruePwnge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TruePwnge
@Xan said:
"

Do you actualy have a pic of SS fighting at FTL speeds ? If you do pls show us.

"
There are probably almost 50 + scans in any of the Zoom vs Surfer or Flash vs Surfer threads, most of them show Surfer with WTF reaction times or flying at crazy speeds like 300,000 X times faster than light
There are even retarded threads showing Galactus crbstomp on Flash and Superman

Now you would think with evidence like that in these threads the debate would be done, dusted...game over Surfer nukes the f#ck out of Flash etc etc

No, it didn't happen
the fanboys kept screaming and screaming its 'not canon' or Superman would use super breath or fly harder or some junk

and the threads go in 34+ pages of BS

Let the BS end now

Surfer can do this nicely either feed off Superman and drain every bit of solar energy from his body
or he can do it the not so nice way
Surfer blinks, turns Superman's skull into a block of kryptonite and shatters his head with one blow