Silver Surfer vs Superman

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Rules

• In character but focused
  • Winner by death or k'o
  • New 52/Post Crisis Superman
  • 616 Silver Surfer
  • No limitations
  • No extra help
  • Random encounter
  • Usual gear
mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been done. Surfer, handily.

Krisboyuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cosmic awareness.. Kryptonite... Solar drain... Yada yada yada

Surfer stomp

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been done. Surfer, handily.

Correct. The question is, why has it been done so much? Can't people take the hint the first 10 times?

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mysticmedivh

"No limitations"

I sense Death Battle Superman!

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"No limitations"

no limitations as they can use all of their abilities.

OverLordArthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@divell:

A solar battery vs an accomplished energy manipulator, do the math.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BlueHope

@overlordarthas said:

A solar battery vs an accomplished energy manipulator, do the math.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope: @mrmxyzptlk: @mazeraiii: @krisboyuk: I come back to this place after an absence due to the holidays---and return to see THIS?

It's certainly possible for Surfer to win---but he would not "stomp" anyone.

Superman is a solar absorber,and even managed to-quickly-absorb half a galaxy worth of ANTI sunlight from Maggedon in JLA issue 41. Superman also has nano second and femto second combat and reaction time. If Radd started to drain him, he would not stand there like a statue and let him do it---if he could absorb even ANTI sunlight from Maggedon he could absorb his own solar energy right back from him before it settled into Radd. Or, using his fantastic combat speed he could reign down FTL blows on Norrin, or flash freeze him to break up the process long enough to retaliate. Or Kal can vibrate to an intangible state, free from harm (as he did in Superman issue 175, causing all of Doomsday's efforts-powerful punches, fire breath, and eye ball energy beams-to pass harmlessly through Kal, and in Superman issue 170 when going intangible caused the combined energy blasts of Mongul and Mongal to pass through Supes as well).

Speaking of vibrating, Superman has offensively vibrated Cyborg Superman-a being who's density/durability feats include tanking simultaneous blasts from Green Lantern's Guy Gardner and John Stewart, an "as hot as the sun" blast, and a point blank blast from a Guardian Of The Galaxy-to shards; after discerning it's frequency vibrated an entire PLANET that was threatening the OMNIVERSE out of reality; and, using his super hearing and vision to get the proper frequency, vibrated Darkseid to oblivion to stop him from using a device called the Miracle Machine in the finale of the Final Crisis mini series. I don't see anything SOOOO much more special about Norrin that Kal couldn't do the same to him.

Compared to Superman's speed, a non amped Thanos is as slow as a statue. Yet the Titan tagged Radd and knocked him out in 7 punches. Superman-who's striking feats include shattering Soulfire Darkseid and Emperor Joker, both of who's density/durability were superior to Radd-can blitz Surfer and knock him out as well.

There are other methods that I have on standby. But the bottom line is: there are TWO people in this fight, and Kal is not going to just stand there with a dull look on his face while Radd does whatever he wants to do! As I have displayed, Kal has counters for any "draining" attempts, and, due to Superman's speed it is not certain he wouldn't do unto Norrin BEFORE Norrin could do unto Kal.

Surfer can win. But it is just as likely that Superman would win as well.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows: Surfer really can't win against someone who can cut through a being that can go toe to toe with the source or another that can recreate the universe

....unless of course we are talking about Surfer's ability to beat Galactus level beings too

That aside Henshaw was weakened by Kryptonite for that vibration thing

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@thegrayghost: Surfer doing that just means that Kal and Radd have BOTH proven they can take on universe threatening menaces,so that is NO advantage for Surfer.

As for Crenshaw, whether Kal used the "bust through Soulfire Darkseid and Emperor Joker" striking power to punch into him, or simply phased, then re solidified into him and vibrated, kryptonite or not the result would be the same.

YEP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope: @mrmxyzptlk: @mazeraiii: @krisboyuk: I come back to this place after an absence due to the holidays---and return to see THIS?

It's certainly possible for Surfer to win---but he would not "stomp" anyone.

Superman is a solar absorber,and even managed to-quickly-absorb half a galaxy worth of ANTI sunlight from Maggedon in JLA issue 41. Superman also has nano second and femto second combat and reaction time. If Radd started to drain him, he would not stand there like a statue and let him do it---if he could absorb even ANTI sunlight from Maggedon he could absorb his own solar energy right back from him before it settled into Radd. Or, using his fantastic combat speed he could reign down FTL blows on Norrin, or flash freeze him to break up the process long enough to retaliate. Or Kal can vibrate to an intangible state, free from harm (as he did in Superman issue 175, causing all of Doomsday's efforts-powerful punches, fire breath, and eye ball energy beams-to pass harmlessly through Kal, and in Superman issue 170 when going intangible caused the combined energy blasts of Mongul and Mongal to pass through Supes as well).

Speaking of vibrating, Superman has offensively vibrated Cyborg Superman-a being who's density/durability feats include tanking simultaneous blasts from Green Lantern's Guy Gardner and John Stewart, an "as hot as the sun" blast, and a point blank blast from a Guardian Of The Galaxy-to shards; after discerning it's frequency vibrated an entire PLANET that was threatening the OMNIVERSE out of reality; and, using his super hearing and vision to get the proper frequency, vibrated Darkseid to oblivion to stop him from using a device called the Miracle Machine in the finale of the Final Crisis mini series. I don't see anything SOOOO much more special about Norrin that Kal couldn't do the same to him.

Compared to Superman's speed, a non amped Thanos is as slow as a statue. Yet the Titan tagged Radd and knocked him out in 7 punches. Superman-who's striking feats include shattering Soulfire Darkseid and Emperor Joker, both of who's density/durability were superior to Radd-can blitz Surfer and knock him out as well.

There are other methods that I have on standby. But the bottom line is: there are TWO people in this fight, and Kal is not going to just stand there with a dull look on his face while Radd does whatever he wants to do! As I have displayed, Kal has counters for any "draining" attempts, and, due to Superman's speed it is not certain he wouldn't do unto Norrin BEFORE Norrin could do unto Kal.

Surfer can win. But it is just as likely that Superman would win as well.

The truth has been spoken

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know Norrin travels faster, but who has faster COMBAT feats?

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman blitzes.. oh wait.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dre_savage: They both have great examples, but from what I have seen Supes has an edge, as he uses combat speed MUCH more frequently, effectively and more creatively.

I'm not in a position to show some of Kal's at the moment, but can at a later time if you are interested.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows: Or those are massive outliers for both and any time either is dealing with Galactus or emperor Joker level threats , it's massive PIS. Aside from that Surfer actually beat the Proemial gods whereas Supes did nothing at all against EJ and SF Darkseid beyond managing to annoy them briefly . So yes going by your logic Surfer HAS got a huge advantage over the dude ...now let's see you stay consistent to whatever thing you are passing for logic there....

As for the Henshaw thing I'm not talking about Superman being capable of beating him or not . I'm talking about you using yet another out of context feat . Henshaw was weakened by Kryptonite in the feat mentioned . Supes was at full power . At this point this doesn't really surprise me...

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By APEX_pretador

does this battle have anything to discuss about?

Reno117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Surfer.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously OP use the search function.

Or it's sour grapes because Superman beats Thor and Hulk.

My X-Ray Vision can see through you and your threads.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegrayghost: The point is not whether Superman "beat" them or not. The point is that he affected beings more powerful and durable than Radd. Thus he can do worse to Surfer.

As I said, even if Henshaw was at "full power" he is NOT as dense as Soulfire Darkseid or Emperor Joker, and his frequency can be discerned and counter vibrated the same way those other items were by Superman in the examples I mentioned before. So one way or the other, at "full power" or not, Supes can deal with Henshaw the same way as before.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheGrayGhost

@theonewhoknows: .....why do I even try

In simple words

Superman *annoyed* ( as in immediately after in either case both dudes repaired themselves ) universal level beings . Surfer flat out *killed* Galactus level beings

If you want to retain even a hint of credibility at this point, you have to admit , that by your line of reasoning where these showings are actually valid, Surfer kills Superman

Also since we are going on about durability,SF Darkseid proceeded to one shot him. The Proemial Gods shattered Surfers skin and destroyed a planet by stomping on him( and the planet ), Surfer still managed to get back up and not get KOd. Unlike Superman .

Please,if you have even a hint of decency, at this point you need to acknowledge that by counting these largely meaningless showings , Surfer beats Supes

Who gives a shit if Superman can deal with Henshaw or not?The one instance you did cite you just flat out left out the context (again) that he was weakened .Respect thread let you down again on the context is what matters . Classic.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

44orhsaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wins

Surfer won't drain

Cosmic awareness? Lol

In character all Surfer does is generic blasts

Superman wins 6/10

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@thegrayghost: I BEGAN the thread saying Surfer can beat Superman, so I have nothing to "admit". My point is that Surfer cannot "stomp" Superman, or that Superman has no chance to win. I maintain that.

It is not primarily "respect threads" I use, so that assertion is false (I own or have read the "Return Of Superman" mini series, JLA issue 41, Superman issue 175, etc). Whether you think I have "credibility" or not-in discussions about fictional characters-matters not one whit to me; you are just another poster like everyone else on this site, one who I am happy to converse with if they are civil. If facts show me incorrect I have conceded numerous times, even against characters I "like".

YOU gave a *=×+ about Crenshaw since you wouldn't let the matter drop; also Crenshaw shows that Kal can vibrate dense beings.

There are other ways Supes can win on standby.

KingTPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows: sigh .

Talk with averageknowledge on that other thread. You two should hit it off perfectly . You're so alike , yet you don't realise it because one of you is sporting red and blue themed underwear and the other green .

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer. Much more powerful in the places that count.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up: Engaging Averageknowledge? Big mistake ,man , big mistake ...

Best case scenario now , is he's going to threaten to call the mods on you once he starts losing ...

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No stomps but SS wins.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By never give up

@never_give_up: Engaging Averageknowledge? Big mistake ,man , big mistake ...

Best case scenario now , is he's going to threaten to call the mods on you once he starts losing ...

LMFAO

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up: Nope

I see Davis Aurini is calling me out, i am glad i am still on his mind maybe this time he can tell me just how many people he has beaten up online, after all he has over 300 confirmed kills and all that jazz.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: Zero in recent months . I did beat you but since this is a list strictly about *people*....

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spite

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegrayghost: Yea the rust and all that, i know you should probably try grindr you will meat plenty of people you can "beat" there.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegrayghost: I don't know or care what your last post means. But one day maybe you-and people like you-will realize that what you say because YOU say it doesn't mean you're correct, and attempting to yell/browbeat/insult/rude people into seeing things your way doesn't work either.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up: i bet you've never read a silver surfer comic, he never uses any haxs in fight. all he ever does is generic blast.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmm....i sense soon here will be a flame war...

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer