and why is that?

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ghostrider2

@the_mighty_Beyonder: because he is going to use his powers at max.

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Needlebay

Sentry.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Killemall

@the_mighty_Beyonder said:

and why is that?

Because he has platheora of powers above and beyond what normal heroes have shown to do from planetary level molecular manipulation, to extremely high energy manipulation, to black hole creation, to ability to trap people in his board, to telepathy. He is not a hero one would wanna mess when he is bloodlusted in battle forum (in comics a bloodlusted Surfer was struggling against Spiderman :p ).

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Killemall: Psh, we all know secretly Spider-Man is top tier. Staggering Hulk and KOing him with Cap 'Murica, beating Firelord, blitzing about Masterson Thor.

That isn't a knock against the Surfer. :P

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Killemall

@god_spawn said:

@Killemall: Psh, we all know secretly Spider-Man is top tier. Staggering Hulk and KOing him with Cap 'Murica, beating Firelord, blitzing about Masterson Thor.

That isn't a knock against the Surfer. :P

Fair enough, he also stole a cosmic cube being's power (Beyonder) and remade all of creation in a nanosecond :p which was pretty awesome :)

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Needlebay

@Killemall said:

and why is that?

Because he has platheora of powers above and beyond what normal heroes have shown to do from planetary level molecular manipulation, to extremely high energy manipulation, to black hole creation, to ability to trap people in his board, to telepathy. He is not a hero one would wanna mess when he is bloodlusted in battle forum (in comics a bloodlusted Surfer was struggling against Spiderman :p ).

A top tier GL has all of those abilities as well. A all out Hal has the infamous Krona busting feat.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Killemall

@Needlebay said:

A top tier GL has all of those abilities as well. A all out Hal has the infamous Krona busting feat.

That actually makes little sense, Krona had ION yet he doesnt de-power Hal Jordan.

Also i certainly havent seen a GL create a black hole, or show telepathy.

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Needlebay

Hal has shown telepathy MANY times. Read DC's 52 and he has manipulated and created black holes. Hell, a ROOKIE Green Lantern has easily opened and closed black holes for fun.

Avatar image for the_mighty_beyonder
the_mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:

and why is that?

well that's not enough to beat someone who's more powerful than cosmic cubes, i never ever saw or read or heard SS bloodlusted or not can harm a cosmic cube being.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Killemall

well that's not enough to beat someone who's more powerful than cosmic cubes, i never ever saw or read or heard SS bloodlusted or not can harm a cosmic cube being.

Sentry/ Void is not more powerful than a cosmic cube being, after all with Beyonder;s power spiderman made all of reality in a nanosecond, Sentry certainly doesnt have anything to show for. The only person Sentry beat was Molecule Man, who is a jobber and the only feat we can attribute to him would be of his evil version, and Molecule Man depowered/ changed himself to normal version at the end of that very story arc.

Written properly, cosmic cubes beings are leagues and bounds above Surfer.

the_mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall: given the facts, the only choice for this battle is answer D.

loooooooooool :D

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jojjimbo

Silver Surfer.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By tomlikesfries

@Killemall said:

and why is that?

I have to agree. A bloodlusted Silver Surfer is pretty dangerous (I mean, holding his own against Spider-Man... WTF) and, although Sentry w/ Void is as well, I don't see him taking this.

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By whacknasty
@Killemall said:

You do not mess with a blood lusted Surfer like at all :p

Lol, seems like sound advice : )
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Killemall

What was option D again :p i have no clue.

the_mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:

What was option D again :p i have no clue.

it's just for giggles, XD take it as an option for all people who can't agree about any of the first 3 options :D

the_mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:

Sentry/ Void is not more powerful than a cosmic cube being, after all with Beyonder;s power spiderman made all of reality in a nanosecond, Sentry certainly doesnt have anything to show for. The only person Sentry beat was Molecule Man, who is a jobber and the only feat we can attribute to him would be of his evil version, and Molecule Man depowered/ changed himself to normal version at the end of that very story arc.

you forget that Sentry is virtually indestructible, MM destroyed him to the atomic level, still he was back, he died twice, and came back to life, this guy is a real monster, i can't imagine SS beating him in any way, and still, accept it or not, Sentry beated Molecule Man who's stronger than Cosmic Cubes, Sentry stomps :D

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Silver Surfer.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Floopay

@Killemall said:

you forget that Sentry is virtually indestructible, MM destroyed him to the atomic level, still he was back, he died twice, and came back to life, this guy is a real monster, i can't imagine SS beating him in any way, and still, accept it or not, Sentry beated Molecule Man who's stronger than Cosmic Cubes, Sentry stomps :D

Sentry/Void doesn't stomp, and he doesn't get stomped either. You are forgetting Void has a massive physical advantage here, and though Surfer has superior molecular manipulation, Void has superior manipulation of his own body, so that point is null and void, as Surfer can't really affect him in that capacity.

I don't know who I'd pick here. On the one hand I believe Void has more ways of harming the Silver Surfer and definitely has more roads to victory. On the other hand, Surfer still has the obvious speed and versatility advantage. Though speed might not be by as much as many may claim, versatility is still in his ballpark.

I'd like to see some more actual arguments for both to be honest.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MorganFreeman

Surfer is my pick. I think he can handle Void with all of his abilities.

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mr_Winchester

First of all may I just say that is an awesome pic you have there for sentry/void.

My vote goes to surfer. Blood lusted makes both of them forces to be reckoned with but facing off against each other I see Surfer winning on the basis that he has a vast array of abilities, I'm talking silly amounts. Granted Sentry/Void has matter manipulation and that in itself can grant many abilities though I don't see Surfer giving a toss about that. A blood lust Surfer can more or less go to any lengths necessary to counter anyone that is below a cosmic level being (maybe even on cosmic level, but that's another topic).

EDIT: Can anyone provide scans of Surfer doing anything Sentry/void can/has done but to a better/greater degree?? I'm sure I've seen some in the past. Though in full on slug-fests Sentry has had the better showings I think.

the_mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Floopay said:

Sentry/Void doesn't stomp, and he doesn't get stomped either. You are forgetting Void has a massive physical advantage here, and though Surfer has superior molecular manipulation, Void has superior manipulation of his own body, so that point is null and void, as Surfer can't really affect him in that capacity.

I don't know who I'd pick here. On the one hand I believe Void has more ways of harming the Silver Surfer and definitely has more roads to victory. On the other hand, Surfer still has the obvious speed and versatility advantage. Though speed might not be by as much as many may claim, versatility is still in his ballpark.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

you're wrong my friend, Sentry's matter manipulation is superior in every aspect, he has great manipulation of his own body, but also of the environment aroud him, didn't he control molecules of Molecule Man himself, didn't he beat the master of matter manipulation?!!! well it's clear that in matter manipulation Sentry has the upper hand.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ghostrider2

@the_mighty_Beyonder: SS is better at matter manipulation mate.And SS also own Sentry, Void or not.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Floopay

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

you're wrong my friend, Sentry's matter manipulation is superior in every aspect, he has great manipulation of his own body, but also of the environment aroud him, didn't he control molecules of Molecule Man himself, didn't he beat the master of matter manipulation?!!! well it's clear that in matter manipulation Sentry has the upper hand.

Except for the fact that he himself stated he had little to no control over his ability to manipulate matter, and had to ask Reece to undo everything Reece had done.

Other than that he has displayed molecular manipulation on one other occasion. He has little to no control over his molecular manipulation, but has absolute control over his own molecules. The most we can really state is that his control over his own molecules is greater than Reece's control over his own molecules. We cannot even come close to stating Sentry is better with molecular manipulation, as he himself stated that he had little control over it.

Straight from the Sentry's own mouth, you are wrong.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By dondave

@Floopay: What I don't see is how SS can kill, Void, he can't die if he doesn't to, and he can always comeback from whatever SS does to him. For example if SS tried to turn into water, he could always reform as seen in his battle against molecule man.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Floopay

@dondave said:

@Floopay: What I don't see is how SS can kill, Void, he can't die if he doesn't to, and he can always comeback from whatever SS does to him. For example if SS tried to turn into water, he could always reform as seen in his battle against molecule man.

Pretty much what I stated in part of my original post.

As I said, Void has many more roads to victory than Surfer has, but Surfer can still defeat him via BFR, or he might actually be able to KO him, but that's hard to say.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

the_mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Floopay said:

Except for the fact that he himself stated he had little to no control over his ability to manipulate matter, and had to ask Reece to undo everything Reece had done.

Other than that he has displayed molecular manipulation on one other occasion. He has little to no control over his molecular manipulation, but has absolute control over his own molecules. The most we can really state is that his control over his own molecules is greater than Reece's control over his own molecules. We cannot even come close to stating Sentry is better with molecular manipulation, as he himself stated that he had little control over it.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

the bolded line, where exactly did he say that???????? he only said to MM to put back everything as it was beause he had the experience that he hadn't, since he just learned a few seconds ago that he can control the molecules of his world. it's not about the level of ability!!! if it was, Sentry wouldn't be able to controle MM molecules. MM couldn't free himself from Sentry's capture. Sentry stomps in matter manipulation no doubt about it.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By 80sBaby

Sentry wins.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By uberhikari

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

the bolded line, where exactly did he say that???????? he only said to MM to put back everything as it was beause he had the experience that he hadn't, since he just learned a few seconds ago that he can control the molecules of his world. it's not about the level of ability!!! if it was, Sentry wouldn't be able to controle MM molecules. MM couldn't free himself from Sentry's capture. Sentry stomps in matter manipulation no doubt about it.

Did you even read what you wrote? You just said that Sentry asked MM to put things back the way they were since he lacked experience using molecular manipulation, so how can Sentry, a character who by his own admission lacks experience with molecular manipulation, have better molecular manipulation than Silver Surfer? Especially since Silver Silver has a planetary molecular manipulation feat IIRC.

the_mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GhostRider2 said:

@the_mighty_Beyonder: SS is better at matter manipulation mate.And SS also own Sentry, Void or not.

what is your argument? i see no clue that make SS better in matter manipulation.

@dondave said:

exactly!! Sentry has nigh-absolute defense, SS hasn't. and in offense, Sentry is a better matter manipulator since i doubt SS can even hurt Molecule Man in matter manipulation.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By comicace3

Who ever wins... we loose.

I wonder who picked D just for fun...

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mr_Winchester

@80sBaby said:

Sentry wins.

I saw your debate regarding WWH vs Superman and you are very good at making/backing up points so could you explain how Sentry would win?

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By nefarious

Silver Surfer.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ghostrider2

@the_mighty_Beyonder: is this SS vs Sentry or SS vs MM?Because i see MM involved.I can't even imagine how Sentry is going to beat a bloodlusted SS.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By uberhikari

The only way to resolve this debate is to figure out how SS can kill someone who seemingly can't be killed. What are the limitations of Sentry's defense? He really doesn't seem killable. I think SS might be able to BFR Sentry, but that's about it. Sentry simply has more ways of killing SS than the reverse.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Floopay

@GhostRider2 said:

what is your argument? i see no clue that make SS better in matter manipulation.

@dondave said:

exactly!! Sentry has nigh-absolute defense, SS hasn't. and in offense, Sentry is a better matter manipulator since i doubt SS can even hurt Molecule Man in matter manipulation.

Except Sentry has never displayed that level of Molecular Manipulation. His greatest feat was against a depowered Molecular Man and against Loki. Other than those two events, he has never displayed any use of molecular manipulation that puts him anywhere near the Silver Surfer.

So no, you are wrong. By Sentry's own admittance, he is not experienced with it, and didn't even know how he was able to control Owen Reece. So plain and simply, he is not touching Surfer with molecular manipulation.

Over and above this, Sentry pumps out a lot of energy, which is not a good thing to do against Energy Absorbers. However, at the same time, Surfer has no means of really harming him. But, then again, Sentry has proven he's not immune to BFR, so there's always that possibility for Surfer. Over and above this Surfer is the fastest being Sentry will have every gone up against, and I that's going to be quite the obstacle for him to overcome.

This is closer than either of you are saying.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

the_mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari said:

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Did you even read what you wrote? You just said that Sentry asked MM to put things back the way they were since he lacked experience using molecular manipulation, so how can Sentry, a character who by his own admission lacks experience with molecular manipulation, have better molecular manipulation than Silver Surfer? Especially since Silver Silver has a planetary molecular manipulation feat IIRC.

??? are you kidding?? you're confused between experience and power.

Sentry has more powerful matter manipulation than Molecule Man. and i don't see Silver Surfer be more powerful in matter manipuation than Molecule Man, since this latter was stronger than Cosmic Cube Beings themselves

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By 80sBaby

@Mr_Winchester: Thanks for the compliment! Basically it comes down to the fact that Sentry/Void has only ever been defeated when he wanted to be. Surfer has nothing that should be able to put Bob down for good.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Floopay

@uberhikari said:

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Sentry has more powerful matter manipulation than Molecule Man. and i don't see Silver Surfer be more powerful in matter manipuation than Molecule Man, since this latter was stronger than Cosmic Cube Beings themselves

He's never displayed anything to suggest that he's got power or experience on that level, so that point is irrelevant. The most we can state is that he is better at controlling the molecules in Owen Reece's body than MM was. Reece is clearly a superior user of molecular manipulation, but he was still human. The only other person he has displayed molecular manipulation against was Loki, and Asgardians are pretty similar to humans. There is nothing to suggest he could use his powers on someone like the Silver Surfer.

I hate to tell you, but Feats >>> Speculation.

Using ABC logic doesn't change that.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Mr_Winchester

@80sBaby: Ah I see. I also forgot that the rules stipulate that win is by death.

I'm also curious to know if Surfer can or ever has cooked up anything stronger than the god blast Thor used to finish sentry.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By uberhikari

@uberhikari said:

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

What the &^%*?! No, are you kidding? You think Sentry has better molecular manipulation than post-retcon Molecule Man?

the_mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Floopay said:

@GhostRider2 said:

@dondave said:

Except Sentry has never displayed that level of Molecular Manipulation. His greatest feat was against a depowered Molecular Man and against Loki. Other than those two events, he has never displayed any use of molecular manipulation that puts him anywhere near the Silver Surfer.

So no, you are wrong. By Sentry's own admittance, he is not experienced with it, and didn't even know how he was able to control Owen Reece. So plain and simply, he is not touching Surfer with molecular manipulation.

Over and above this, Sentry pumps out a lot of energy, which is not a good thing to do against Energy Absorbers. However, at the same time, Surfer has no means of really harming him. But, then again, Sentry has proven he's not immune to BFR, so there's always that possibility for Surfer. Over and above this Surfer is the fastest being Sentry will have every gone up against, and I that's going to be quite the obstacle for him to overcome.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

the bolded and underlined part : again where is stated in scans that he didn't know how he was able to control MM molecules???????? stop making wrong statements

you didn't respond to my 1st question. but anyway no need to. Sentry never stated that he had little control over matter manipulation. he stated he can control the molecules of his world meaning that if Silver Surfer was near him he will wrap all his molecules, him and the board too.

planetary matter manipulation is not even close to beating Molecule Man in what he do best. so, Sentry has shown better ability in terms of power than SS.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By 80sBaby

@Mr_Winchester: I don't think that was the God Blast Thor used. It looked like just a really, REALLY big lightning bolt. But, to my knowledge, Surfer hasn't used an attack as powerful as the Godblast before. At least, not without using another powersource to amp himself.

the_mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Floopay:

He's never displayed anything to suggest that he's got power or experience on that level, so that point is irrelevant. The most we can state is that he is better at controlling the molecules in Owen Reece's body than MM was. Reece is clearly a superior user of molecular manipulation, but he was still human. The only other person he has displayed molecular manipulation against was Loki, and Asgardians are pretty similar to humans. There is nothing to suggest he could use his powers on someone like the Silver Surfer.

you tell me Feats >>> Speculation, and you do speculation. :D all that is only your speculation.

i'm not speculating, i'm ust pointing to Sentry's feat, he did beat Molecule Man in matter manipulation yes or not? if you say not you're just denying the entire Dark Avenger #12 issue.

so yes, Feats >>> Speculation, and that proves it. The end.

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By xeon1cs

@Floopay said:

@GhostRider2 said:

@dondave said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

the bolded and underlined part : again where is stated in scans that he didn't know how he was able to control MM molecules???????? stop making wrong statements

you didn't respond to my 1st question. but anyway no need to. Sentry never stated that he had little control over matter manipulation. he stated he can control the molecules of his world meaning that if Silver Surfer was near him he will wrap all his molecules, him and the board too.

planetary matter manipulation is not even close to beating Molecule Man in what he do best. so, Sentry has shown better ability in terms of power than SS.

You realize he states he didn't know he could do what he did, literally a page after his fight with Molecule Man, right?

the_mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari:

What the &^%*?! No, are you kidding? You think Sentry has better molecular manipulation than post-retcon Molecule Man?

and what is Molecule Man in Dark Avengers, pre-retcon? of course it's post-retcon, unless you can prove me by clear evidence not speulations, that he's not