• 76 results
#1 Edited by Hipsterhobo (17 posts) - - Show Bio
OR
#2 Posted by eatmore_payless (2209 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer

#3 Posted by Pwok21 (2459 posts) - - Show Bio

Not enough showings for Phoenix Cyclops, but based off power potential I would say he wins.

One fifth of the Phoenix Force is more powerful than a portion of the Power Cosmic.

#4 Edited by darktiger (4622 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer wins

#5 Edited by Baberaham_Lincoln (944 posts) - - Show Bio

Shouldn't Cyke win? the phoenix powuh is much stronger than what Galactus supplies rite?

Has Silver surfer ever stopped a hammer from Thor?? cause Scott did it and it looked epic X'D

#6 Posted by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Phoenix Cyclops should win, he for all intent and purpose one shotted Thor. But i will wait and see how Emma Frost (Phoenix) fairs against the Avengers Academy before i choose to put a power level to phoenix five, they've so far only fought cannon fodder apart from Thor, although we do not really know if Thor was actually KOed or anything. Then we have cyclops who was hurt simply by touching Wanda, dont know what to make of that :s

#7 Posted by Night Thrasher (3705 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually the Phoenix and Galactus are supposed to be equal and opposing forces. Phoenix represents rebirth and Galactus represents survival. When this universe ends Phoenix will be the rebirth of a new universe and Galactus will be carried on to the next. It is the force of the universe at work.

#8 Posted by henryarguelles5 (366 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet on Surfer, just because of his experience.

#9 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3599 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm inclined to go with Phoenix possessed Ckye...just going by how he handled Thor without any problems, never seen Surfer do that to Thor before, that was pretty impressive

#10 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer by a slim margin, mostly due to greater experience and more showings.

#11 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops.

#12 Posted by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer takes this.. Has been around long enough what to do.

#13 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said:

Well Phoenix Cyclops should win, he for all intent and purpose one shotted Thor. But i will wait and see how Emma Frost (Phoenix) fairs against the Avengers Academy before i choose to put a power level to phoenix five, they've so far only fought cannon fodder apart from Thor, although we do not really know if Thor was actually KOed or anything. Then we have cyclops who was hurt simply by touching Wanda, dont know what to make of that :s

Cyke already has better showing againt Thor than Namor, so I doubt that all of them have similar level of power. Even if this is stupid. BTW Rachel with "full power" and Excalibur team couldn't take out Thor, what Cyke did in one shot. Maybe it is also about understainding? Maybe he controls Phoenix better than others? 

And about Wanda - she still seems league above herald level.
#14 Posted by Dextersinister (6456 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer would be downed with a single shot, they are on just a completely different power level.

#15 Posted by Rumble Man (11118 posts) - - Show Bio

Feats and experience leans towards surfer who has fought tougher cosmics

#16 Posted by ThatThorFan (951 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops 6/10

#17 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer probraly if he is going all out.

#18 Posted by GhostRider2 (3502 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer

#19 Posted by GLforHIRE (455 posts) - - Show Bio

surfer considering how easily scarlet witch has handled the phoniex 5 so far

#20 Posted by Dextersinister (6456 posts) - - Show Bio

@GLforHIRE said:

surfer considering how easily scarlet witch has handled the phoniex 5 so far

Scarlet is incredibly powerful at the moment, for some reason the PF being near has re-empowered her with the plot device from house of M. The fact that they haven't been wiped out already just shows you how powerful they are.

#21 Posted by GLforHIRE (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister: i kno, i'm saying she pretty much back handed magik even with the force AND punked namor. So I assume surfer would do similar if he really wanted to.

as for her power up it is kind of crazy and defeats the purpose of the war. If she is handling them so easy why didn't they just send her after the phoneix force in the beginning instead of sending thor, beast, ms marvel etc..just for them to get handled

#22 Posted by Dextersinister (6456 posts) - - Show Bio

@GLforHIRE said:

@Dextersinister: i kno, i'm saying she pretty much back handed magik even with the force AND punked namor. So I assume surfer would do similar if he really wanted to.

as for her power up it is kind of crazy and defeats the purpose of the war. If she is handling them so easy why didn't they just send her after the phoneix force in the beginning instead of sending thor, beast, ms marvel etc..just for them to get handled

It seems she can only take one of them individually and they made this a plot point in the new AvsX. Not even Galactus would touch the power of M-Day Scarlet, she could do literally anything and rewrote all of reality twice and this has been unreversable by being's that are at least the match of Galactus.

Both the PF 5 and Scarlet are empowered by beings of infinite energy, Surfer and Galactus are working with finite.

#23 Posted by Roddy010 (5390 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Killemall said:

Cyke already has better showing againt Thor than Namor, so I doubt that all of them have similar level of power. Even if this is stupid. BTW Rachel with "full power" and Excalibur team couldn't take out Thor, what Cyke did in one shot. Maybe it is also about understainding? Maybe he controls Phoenix better than others? And about Wanda - she still seems league above herald level.

BMEEZY explained it really well...

The application of the phoenix's power by the users is limited by many different things including: the strength of the character, experience, skill, WILLPOWER, and the connection of the force itself. So the high highs and the low lows shown by the phoenix is based on the AVATAR alone and not the power itself, but the Power of the Phoenix in its entirety is multiversal and on a higher-end

Also I think a Phoenix empowered Cyke can handle SS...But I give SS the edge due to experience...

#24 Posted by pwnda (59 posts) - - Show Bio

seeing as how all of the p5 are scared of the scarlet witch, and she already owned 2 of the p5, surfer should pwn

#25 Posted by EternalGrandMaster (156 posts) - - Show Bio

@GLforHIRE: =/ reasons for SW holding her own against the PH5 have yet to be seen but somehow her powers are connected with the Phoenix force. Surfer however is much more skilled at wielding grandeur power but Cyneix has shown to ressurect Jean out of Dust and Stop Thor's hammer effortlessly. Cyneix for the win he's going to get pissed when Sufer dishes out something to hurt him.

#26 Posted by TheYetiMan (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate?

#27 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

surfer. PFC has done 0 to even match him.

#28 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5617 posts) - - Show Bio
@Imagine_Man15

Surfer by a slim margin, mostly due to greater experience and more showings.

This
#29 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4613 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer mostly due to what has previously been stated such as experience, versatility, etc.......

#30 Posted by X_insignia1 (1394 posts) - - Show Bio

surfer

#31 Posted by acer51 (2253 posts) - - Show Bio

Is he at 1/5 power? or is he at 1/2 power? or is he Dark Cyclops

This will make a huge diffrence.

#32 Posted by TheThe (1755 posts) - - Show Bio

@henryarguelles5 said:

I bet on Surfer, just because of his experience.

#33 Posted by Bo88gdan (4525 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix force Cyclops

#34 Posted by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the current cyclops is going to make short work of surfer

#35 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

I refuse to read AvX.

#36 Posted by TheMinister (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

@DocFatalis said:

I refuse to read AvX.

Exactly how I feel too.

#37 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheMinister said:

@DocFatalis said:

I refuse to read AvX.

Exactly how I feel too.

Just for that, I'm following you.

#38 Posted by CyberWarrior (1572 posts) - - Show Bio

Too close to call. Both are damn powerfull...

#39 Posted by Diamondlifer1 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn... Surfer 6/10 smallest of margins due to more feats and experience

#40 Posted by BigCimmerian (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix Cyclops one shots him.

#41 Posted by CyberWarrior (1572 posts) - - Show Bio

Do not enderestimate the Power Cosmic

#42 Edited by World_Breaker_Elmo (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberwarrior said:

@bigcimmerian said:

Please understand that the Surfer suffers from typical jobberism due to many writers simply not knowing how to creatively handle an exceptionally powerful being like him.

Honestly, unless a character has consistently displayed near Galactus level abilities, they should not be legitimately able to defeat the Surfer 1on1. And no, I do not consider any single member of the Phoenix 5 to meet that criteria.

#43 Posted by CyberWarrior (1572 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberwarrior said:

@bigcimmerian said:

Please understand that the Surfer suffers from typical jobberism due to many writers simply not knowing how to creatively handle an exceptionally powerful being like him.

Honestly, unless a character has consistently displayed near Galactus level abilities, they should not be legitimately able to defeat the Surfer 1on1. And no, I do not consider any single member of the Phoenix 5 to meet that criteria.

You're right, many characters suffer from jobberism nowadays...

#44 Posted by BigCimmerian (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer is capable of stalemating or in rare occasions gaining upper hand against Thor, he even was losing in some of the fights against Thor, who was one shotted by Pheonix Cyclops.

#45 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna go with cyclops here but surfer has the power to stop him

#46 Posted by GhostRider2 (3502 posts) - - Show Bio

In character, Cyclops maybe.Morals off, Silver Surfer.

#47 Posted by X_insignia1 (1394 posts) - - Show Bio

changed my mind after AvX, most def Cyclops.

#48 Edited by World_Breaker_Elmo (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian said:

Surfer is capable of stalemating or in rare occasions gaining upper hand against Thor, he even was losing in some of the fights against Thor, who was one shotted by Pheonix Cyclops.

Did Scott have the entire PF or just a portion when he took out Thor?

As for Thor defeating the Surfer; I have always had the idea that if Thor was actually capable of performing at a level that would overwhelm the Surfer, then he would not need the rest of the Avengers, or any teammates whatsoever, and could simply protect Earth by himself. BUT, Thor has never demonstrated himself to be anything other than a top tier PLANETARY LEVEL being - the title of "god" means little as he is on equal terms, in relation to abilities, with many other beings who aren't referred to as "gods." The Surfer however, has for the majority of his written existence shown consistant levels of power that greatly dwarf anything Thor does on a regular basis.

Yes, I am a Surfer fan. No, I am not a Thor hater.

#49 Posted by CyberWarrior (1572 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian said:

Did Scott have the entire PF or just a portion when he took out Thor?

As for Thor defeating the Surfer; I have always had the idea that if Thor was actually capable of performing at a level that would overwhelm the Surfer, then he would not need the rest of the Avengers, or any teammates whatsoever, and could simply protect Earth by himself. BUT, Thor has never demonstrated himself to be anything other than a top tier PLANETARY LEVEL being - the title of "god" means little as he is on equal terms, in relation to abilities, with many other beings who aren't referred to as "gods." The Surfer however, has for the majority of his written existence shown consistant levels of power that greatly dwarf anything Thor does on a regular basis.

Yes, I am a Surfer fan. No, I am not a Thor hater.

That's right there: Thor is no match for Surfer. Those are different weight categories.

#50 Edited by zr0c00l (856 posts) - - Show Bio

I say cyclops wins. One fith the phoenix force is probably a lot more than what galctus gives his heralds. I doubt hed give them 20% as im pretty sure he says he gives them but the tiniest portion of his power cosmic......... So cyc already has the boost on him, and really cyclops was way more powerful than norrin rad before they got their upgrades, it should count for something. Surfer has a big experience edge when it comes to the usage of cosmic level powers, but scott has seen jean and rachel do it for years. Hes very disciplined and is a master at teaching other to use their powers so he can do it for himself.

Surfers got the experience but scott would have the raw power advantage and imo good enough to adapt to whatevers thrown at him and win the fight.