• 124 results
#101 Posted by therrieur (245 posts) - - Show Bio
#102 Posted by nick_hero22 (6973 posts) - - Show Bio

lol, so you are nick_hero22/pea55? haha thanks you just admitted that because nick told me the same exact thing ;) and sure you haven't. So are you like stalking my posts or something guy? Perhaps you shouldn't talk about me first nick, despite what name you do it on...

@Isaac, I did read what you said. Clearly you're getting desperate if you're still bringing other characters

You obviously never heard of PIS...purely...anyone with logic knows Spectre would murk GL. Talk to me when Reed and Dr. Doom don't steal or defeat Galactus oh or Black Panther choking SS ;)

I did read what you said, you're just denying it as usual. Jenny Quantum is a reality warper but deny it all you wish.

Actually I have shown you relevant posts but again you choose to ignore it due to your own bias. Can't help you there guy.

wow, did you even look at the scan? MMH is fighting Superman, Flash, WW, Batman, Aquaman and GL all at once....I'm so sure he didn't need to be "fast" dealing with Supes and Flash especially, seriously? Do you choose to ignore the obvious?

@monsterstomp said:

Whats with all this hostility?

MM is the strongest telepath in DC, he could wreck SS.

Well, you know when you have the same usual "pro-Marvel" poster involved things always get hostile at least on their part. But then you have to realize, this is the same guy who thinks Galactus would beat The Spectre and Superman Prime 1 Million...lol

Let me address this foolishness again! -_-

1) I'm not pea55 and I have never told you that I was, so please provide a quote to quantify this claim because I tired of you bring up my name in every debate you have with pea55. I haven't communicated with you through PM until recently, and this is how that went down.

2) I wasn't banned for trolling, I was banned for verbally insulting another user which was over two years ago and I also believe that you have already brought this up and I provided a link. Please ask a mod when was the last time any of my alternate accounts have been touched.

3) No one on here gives a damn about you, so stalking you would be a unproductive endeavor for me or anyone else to take part in. I'm absolutely sure we have much better things to do, I know I do!

@god_spawn Could you please come into this thread and clear up some of these false accusations and flat-out fabricated stories, and also tell MKF3O aka Vaeternus to stop going around throwing my name in every thread he participates in? I could truly use your help to end all of this non-sense because I'm exhausted.

#103 Posted by God_Spawn (38138 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: Nick isn't Pea55 or whatever.

@nick_hero22 Now both of you quit getting at each other and stay on topic.

#104 Posted by nick_hero22 (6973 posts) - - Show Bio
#105 Edited by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

Story of your life.

And they have their reasons to. You're trying to cause more-off topic chatter.

@vaeternus said:

Yep, clearly I'm stalking you. If only there was a convenient web search tool.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/jean-grey-vs-ermac-545726/?page=7

For the last four years people have been telling you the same things. You ignore people's points, you lie and you shove words down their mouth. Although the one thing they tell you just prior tend to be "you don't have an argument."

@vaeternus said:

Seriously, you're the kind of person someone can show you a picture of an apple and you'd insist it's an orange even with the photo in front of you. So I'm really losing interest in this topic. All you're going on about now is off topic nonsense with bans, telling me I ignore your posts where I have not. You're ignoring mine if anything, I gave you the Jenny scans, do you want me to give you MMH vs. Spectre? Or are you going to tell me SS can beat Spectre now too and that, that's not a worthy feat?

Those scans aren't canon to this iteration. And all the Martian does is put him and the league into the Joker's mind, where he gets owned. Martian Manhunter can't beat the Spectre.

Now:

• Show me the scans of Martian Manhunter using his quantum physics knowledge to do half the things Reed Richards or Doom have done on panel.
  • Show me scans of Jenny showing some meaningful level of telepathic resistance beyond any average person in the DCU.
  • Show me scans of Reed Richards doing anything relevant to the SIlver Surfer.
  • Show me scans of him reacting to the Flash.

Vague references, completely unrelated arguments or scans that simply don't prove what you say they do aren't evidence for an argument. And now:

• Show me scans of the Martian Manhunter beating the Spectre.
#106 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

Are those freaking confetti ?

Thanos was omnipotent at the time so it might have been. I just couldn't find the full scan of him tearing the Surfer's heart and I'm not sure since this instance he's ever been displayed as having one. Thanos was warping the hell out of him when he removed his Power Cosmic from him though.

#107 Edited by MonsterStomp (19499 posts) - - Show Bio

MMH can mind wipe SS and calm him down? Then it'd just be Bloodlusted MMH vs Morals on SS. We all know how SS is in character.

#108 Edited by GhostRider2 (3408 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: nope, Surfer can resist he will just kick him out of his head if he tries that.Besides, he won't have time for that because SS would move fast and kill him.

#109 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio
@monsterstomp said:

MMH can mind wipe SS and calm him down? Then it'd just be Bloodlusted MMH vs Morals on SS. We all know how SS is in character.

Pretty much, plus MMH has taken down or read the minds of far more powerful beings then SS.

MMH wins due to stronger telepathy as well as better feats, period.

I was just pointing out that I didn't start it. i'd trust God spawn that applies to Isaac Clarke as as well? He's going way off topic...with past nonsense that nobody cares about.

Isaac, That still proves nothing isaac, just rambling about things again that have nothing to do with the topic itself. again since apparently you're having difficulty with such a simple concept. Zaterra originally was made for a friend(who lost interest in posting) so I used it, I never denied I used that name as I even admitted to you so you posting ims, proof that you stalk me on YT(which again you're proving my point for me) clearly you can't find something like that unless you A. spend a lot of time on google via "MKF30 youtube posts" B. stalk my yt profile under "recent feed/activity" or C. Have no life simply put...you can go on about "web tools" all you want that's irrelevant, you still have to put in a good amount of effort to find a certain post on YT no less and considering I post various comments on various videos proves you sir are a stalker...you need a new hobby seriously. It seems that you spend far too much time on CV and the internet in general.

Story of my life? That post serves no purpose(wasn't even addressing you) moving on. Story of yours, ignoring facts? Yes..

No, you're the one who's going on, obsessing over "past names, bans" and thus is considered off topic chatter. You're clearly a hypocrite...and don't even realize when you're going off topic yourself. *SMH*

Ahh I noticed you dodged my question about your channel, subs, popularity etc...in other words, you have no answer and no channel and therefore no subs ;) what I thought...hmm

On the contrary those scans are valid to this argument, or I can say the same about you posting Captain America, Galactus, Moondragon etc that have no relevance to your base argument...MMH has read beings far more powerful then any of those characters in the Spectre, Jenny etc so just admit already, MMH wins and SS loses....this topic is clearly full of pro marvel guys and obviously don't know much about MMH nor his new 52 feats which surpass that of anything SS has done telepathically...and I never said MMH can "beat" the spectre but neither would SS being my point, but unlike SS...MMH has read Spectre's mind and broke a link. Far better feat then anything SS has shown to do. I need not have to show you MMH beating the Spectre because that's not my point, I said he was able and DID factually read his mind.....what are you not getting here? You take what you want to read and translate it into your own language seriously...there's a clear difference between "reading someone's mind as a feat" and literally defeating them....

@ nick, right...well altering IP's aren't that difficult and he quoted me saying the same exact thing you said....perhaps later I'll find the topic but all I know is he said what you said to me in another thread about "keep my name out of it" now what are the chances of that huh? hmmm considering the high amount of users on this site, I find that an incredible coincidence that he'd use the same exact words you do...

Nick posting ims of past convos which i chose to ignore for that very reason proves nothing, you and isaac are posting irrelevant things now. Do you have an actual argument concerning the topic itself because from what I can see you've done nothing but talk about me here mostly? Whatever, trolling, insulting...point is you have been yourself so I wouldn't be mentioning other accounts concerning myself...

Oh I disagree, clearly you and isaac give a damn about me enough to troll the topic with off topic banter or bring up "what names I've been under" you're right, nobody cares about that stuff so try staying on topic next time...that'll actually help your case....I love it you troll the topic, complain to mods and cry "nonsense" lol this guy is unbelievable....

#110 Posted by Killemall (18639 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: Martian Manhunter actually has insufficient feat to suggest he can TP another telepath, who at the very least in planetary level. Not sure why you are dragging MM using his TP on Jenny Quantum, for all her ability she is still both physically and mentally vulnerable. Kind of like how Aron had no problem TPing Molecule Man when his power showing drawfs anything Aron or heck most marvel character, below Eternity tire has done.

#111 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@ killemall, mmh does have feats, jenny is reality warper and also read the minds of cosmic beings in the shadow lords, ss's mind isn't that strong to resist someone on mmh's level or calibur via telepathy. The guy has read spectre's mind, as well as jenny's. SS is no where near as powerful as either of those characters..MMH will have no trouble vs. ss.

#113 Edited by SlimJ87D (10431 posts) - - Show Bio

Getting this back on topic.

MM... strongest Telepath aye? How powerful is that exactly? He got owned when he tried to mindrape Atrocitus.

Silver Surfer mentally is really tough. He's just not going to get mind raped.

#114 Posted by Saren (25918 posts) - - Show Bio

There's no way to get this back on topic. This thread is an abomination that needs to be put down.

#115 Posted by Killemall (18639 posts) - - Show Bio

@ killemall, mmh does have feats, jenny is reality warper and also read the minds of cosmic beings in the shadow lords, ss's mind isn't that strong to resist someone on mmh's level or calibur via telepathy.

Silver Sufer has actually resisted pretty powerful telepaths in the past, Moondragon with mind gem (although she's a bit of a jobber), Wrath queen, Goddess, Adam Warlock etc.

I cant recall Jenny actually showing any TP resistance feat.

We also have MM unable to TP atrocitus, and Scrouge of the world with MM power, unable to TP Midnighter ( second one is a very questionable showing though, as CitizenBane pointed out)

The guy has read spectre's mind, as well as jenny's.

Not in the current continuity, in fact they havent met, so thats inconsequential.

SS is no where near as powerful as either of those characters..MMH will have no trouble vs. ss.

Its not about being as power its about having a better TP defense.

Atroctius isnt anywhere close to as powerful as Jenny Quantum, at least offensively, yet Atroticus resisted MM telepathy. See where i am getting at.

Its not about being stronger, its about who can resist a mind control. Thor is more powerful than Prof X, Franklin is more powerful than prof x (pre-hickman, post hickman run he resisted Celestial mindprobe),yet both of them can be rather handily taken down via TP but Prof X cant.

#116 Posted by BigCimmerian (8604 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer stomps.

#117 Posted by HellionVulcan (3867 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

Getting this back on topic.

MM... strongest Telepath aye? How powerful is that exactly? He got owned when he tried to mindrape Atrocitus.

Silver Surfer mentally is really tough. He's just not going to get mind raped.

He had to touch him to do it as he will never touch surfer on his worst day lol .

#118 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall said:

@vaeternus said:

@ killemall, mmh does have feats, jenny is reality warper and also read the minds of cosmic beings in the shadow lords, ss's mind isn't that strong to resist someone on mmh's level or calibur via telepathy.

Silver Sufer has actually resisted pretty powerful telepaths in the past, Moondragon with mind gem (although she's a bit of a jobber), Wrath queen, Goddess, Adam Warlock etc.

I cant recall Jenny actually showing any TP resistance feat.

We also have MM unable to TP atrocitus, and Scrouge of the world with MM power, unable to TP Midnighter ( second one is a very questionable showing though, as CitizenBane pointed out)

The guy has read spectre's mind, as well as jenny's.

Not in the current continuity, in fact they havent met, so thats inconsequential.

SS is no where near as powerful as either of those characters..MMH will have no trouble vs. ss.

Its not about being as power its about having a better TP defense.

Atroctius isnt anywhere close to as powerful as Jenny Quantum, at least offensively, yet Atroticus resisted MM telepathy. See where i am getting at.

Its not about being stronger, its about who can resist a mind control. Thor is more powerful than Prof X, Franklin is more powerful than prof x (pre-hickman, post hickman run he resisted Celestial mindprobe),yet both of them can be rather handily taken down via TP but Prof X cant.

Those are solid points, but I suppose we'll just respectfully disagree. While Moondragon is impressive and the Atroctius scan I believe was a jobber(given as how in new 52 he wiped Jenny, and intruded the mind of a Cosmic being) and then you have this when he read spectre's mind. I believe sometimes it depends on the writer given just how powerful a character is. And we've seen it with a ton of characters.

I still believe given MMH's better feats in general, he should be able to handle SS's mind. Plus, another feat I forgot about...Martian had been able to control literally multiversal artifacts like the Wargolog with his telepathy. And MMH has also been able in general to read reality warpers and more specifically, Mageedon Machinery which was able to control the Old Gods as he wished.

@killemall said:

Its funny how one year can change your perspective. I think Prof X would actually lose this one, with Martian having better telepathy.

Also just to throw this out there, Silver Surfer has done absolutely nothing to suggest he is a better telepath than Prof X.

I also noticed somewhere along the line you posted this...which would contradict with your current point.

So the general concensus is MMH is far more powerful then Pro X is, which you yourself even admit yet you think SS can resist MMH's telepathy even though you feel MMH is more powerful then Pro X, yet you also said SS isn't as good a telepathy as Prof X....so by that estimate, MMH would murk SS since he can handle Pro X...just saying.

MMH reading Spectre's mind while he has trouble he still does so(a being obviously far more powerful then SS or MMH)

@hellionvulcan, MMH has read tons of minds with or without touching them so not sure what that proves. SS would have trouble resisting Prof X, much less MMH.

#119 Posted by Killemall (18639 posts) - - Show Bio

Those are solid points, but I suppose we'll just respectfully disagree. While Moondragon is impressive and the Atroctius scan I believe was a jobber(given as how in new 52 he wiped Jenny, and intruded the mind of a Cosmic being) and then you have this when he read spectre's mind. I believe sometimes it depends on the writer given just how powerful a character is. And we've seen it with a ton of characters.

So you are labeling a scan as PIS, because he wiped Jenny mind, that doesnt sound reasonable.

Also why do you keep brining Spectre again and again, Martian Manhunter has never meant spectre in the current continuity, why keep using feats from old version of martian manhunter when it clearly says New 52 Martian Manhunter.

As it stands, Silver Sufer has resisted telepath from pretty powerful telepath, and he himself is a very powerful telepath, and given Martian Manhunter in the current contuinuty hasnt been able to TP anyone of that caliaber yet, and failed to TP Atrocitus , that clearly contradicts your argument.

I still believe given MMH's better feats in general, he should be able to handle SS's mind. Plus, another feat I forgot about...Martian had been able to control literally multiversal artifacts like the Wargolog with his telepathy. And MMH has also been able in general to read reality warpers and more specifically, Mageedon Machinery which was able to control the Old Gods as he wished.

Again what better feat does MM has, all you can quote is him being able to TP Jenny who has shown absolutely no TP defense and keep ignoring him failing to TP Atrocitus.

The bolded and strike out part have no place in this thread, as its not the version of Martian Manhunter being discussed.

I also noticed somewhere along the line you posted this...which would contradict with your current point.

So the general concensus is MMH is far more powerful then Pro X is, which you yourself even admit yet you think SS can resist MMH's telepathy even though you feel MMH is more powerful then Pro X, yet you also said SS isn't as good a telepathy as Prof X....so by that estimate, MMH would murk SS since he can handle Pro X...just saying.

MMH reading Spectre's mind while he has trouble he still does so(a being obviously far more powerful then SS or MMH)

You seem to be reading something completely different from what i am saying.

1. There is no consensus whatsoever that New 52 Martian Manhunter is a better telepath than Prof X, let alone far more powerful.

2. SS is not as good telepath as Prof X, that doesnt automatically meant Prof X can TP him. He has solid TP defense, something you are continuously ignoring.

3. Again MM has not even met Spectre yet, so that has no place in this debate

And the whole idea that A is more powerful B and hence A is harder to TP that B is hogwash, its not about overall more powerful its about being better at TP/

#120 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall...

Like I said it depends on the writer, also keep in mind if you're going to say the Spectre mind reading feat has no place here then neither does Moondragon, Eternity etc. Oh I'd wager MMH new 52 is far better then Pro X given his feats...I can already tell most people in this topic don't even read or have asked "what's MMH done in the new 52"

I'm not ignoring it anymore then you're ignoring the fact that MMH has read far more powerful beings then SS being my point...I get that SS has TP defense, that's great and all but Pro X and MMH are apples and oranges, half the time Prof X needs Celebro to amp his abilities, mean while MMH has literally read the mind of everyone on Earth while hovering over it...aside from the other feats I posted already. You however seem to be ignoring the fact that Jenny while may not be able to resist telepathy is a reality warper...you do understand what this term means, correct? Warp reality, change reality, destroy it, reshape it etc? I don't think her resisting telepathy is at the top of MMH's problems during that issue...and he even states it.

I was referring to his feats pre new 52, let's not play coy here the new 52 is relatively new and the OP never specified "which version" so I'm using MMH in general...ahh, you see your last statement would apply and hold merit in terms of say teams in sports playing each other, but not here concerning people with powers and who has stronger telepathy. Clearly, MMH had trouble breaking through to Spectre's mind yet did...and even read the mind of a Shadow Lord(who he admitted himself previously didn't think was possible, yet did so..so he even proved himself wrong...

I still feel MMH will win here...

#121 Posted by Xaa (313 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter

#122 Posted by Killemall (18639 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall...

Like I said it depends on the writer, also keep in mind if you're going to say the Spectre mind reading feat has no place here then neither does Moondragon, Eternity etc.

Sorry what?

Eternity has never tried to TP Surfer, that would be weird.

Surfer resisted Moondragon TP, Martian Manhunter has not even met Spectre, not the version being discussed.

Oh I'd wager MMH new 52 is far better then Pro X given his feats..

Lets see, can you show me MM producing enough TP as a side effect of his fight to nearly fry an entire city?

I have read most of Storm Watch as well as Justice League issue, i really don't think i am missing a lot of MM issue mate.

I'm not ignoring it anymore then you're ignoring the fact that MMH has read far more powerful beings then SS being my point...I get that SS has TP defense, that's great and all but Pro X and MMH are apples and oranges, half the time Prof X needs Celebro to amp his abilities, mean while MMH has literally read the mind of everyone on Earth while hovering over it...aside from the other feats I posted already.

Which is just a hypothesis you brought up which is clearly contradicted by on panel feat.

I.e. MM being able to TP Jenny Quantum (a more powerful being that Surfer) and failing to TP Atrocitus (less powerful)

And the bolded part also has no relevance to the topic at hand.

aside from the other feats I posted already.

Aside from Jenny, none of the feat you posted have a place in this thread, sorry mate.

And Jenny instance is contradicted by the instance with Midnighter and Atrocitus.

You however seem to be ignoring the fact that Jenny while may not be able to resist telepathy is a reality warper..

which means didly squat, which is what you are failing to see.

Enginer was able to KO Jenny as well, i suppose that shows she could one shot Superman???

Illogical debating is illogical.

you do understand what this term means, correct? Warp reality, change reality, destroy it, reshape it etc?

Yes although i think you missed the point that "reality" and "telepathy" are 2 different words.

I don't think her resisting telepathy is at the top of MMH's problems during that issue...and he even states it.

And??

That shows Jenny does NOT have a TP defense.

When there is lack of evidence either way, logical thing to do is make an assessment based on all the feats, not put in whatever fair tale most appeals to you.

I was referring to his feats pre new 52, let's not play coy here the new 52 is relatively new and the OP never specified "which version" so I'm using MMH in general..

Can you not read?

Name of the thread

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/silver-surfer-vs-new-52-martian-manhunter-1450896/?messageId=9478001&page=3

Name on giant letter on the Top of the thread.

Silver Surfer vs. New 52 Martian Manhunter

So what exactly are you saying again?

.ahh, you see your last statement would apply and hold merit in terms of say teams in sports playing each other, but not here concerning people with powers and who has stronger telepathy. Clearly, MMH had trouble breaking through to Spectre's mind yet did...and even read the mind of a Shadow Lord(who he admitted himself previously didn't think was possible, yet did so..so he even proved himself wrong...

I still feel MMH will win here...

I honestly think you are just flat out being unreasonable and biased here.

Again that feat has no place here.

#123 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

My apologies for the mix up, I got this topic confused with another MMH topic concerning not being specified concerning the version....but yes I can read, just a mere mix up.

Spectre has met MMH in general I was stating as an idea of what he can do...it being pre new 52. Obviously, in the new 52 he hasn't met him yet, but then Spectre has only made one appearance so far period out of the new 52. So nobody has met him yet(outside of Phantom Stranger) and a few references to him. As for the Jenny feat, "and" as in MMH was worried about oh I don't know, all of reality being obliterated maybe? Hence the name "reality" warper...do you not know what a reality warper is? It matters not that she has TP defense, she's a reality warper...she thinks and worlds, universe can die....FAR more vital power then mere telepathy resistance...it has nothing to do with "appeals" to me, it's pure fact. Period. He mindwiped a reality warper, if you want to deny this at your discretion so be it. Still doesn't alter the fact that it's a canon feat that happened not to mention taking a full blast from Jenny and the Shadow lord to the chest...(let's just ignore that too)

I assure you I'm not being anymore or less "biased" and "unreasonable" then you are.

I've made my points, you've made yours. You're trying to dismiss feats I've posted that's what I see yet you're bringing up moondragon, so by your logic she shouldn't be brought up here anymore then Spectre should...point is, MMH has proven to read or alter minds of FAR higher powered people then SS....

But it does, first you say "Spectre has no place here, not apart of new 52 encounter" ok....then when I post the Jenny feat(cleary apart of the new 52 as well as shadow lord feats) you say "sorry mate, has no place here lol..you're just choosing to ignore valid feats, sorry but it is a worthy feat and far more impressive and better then anything SS has done telepathically. Sounds to me like you're merely dismissing, discrediting and ignoring any feats I use....if this is how you debate, then it is not me who is illogical.

MMH wins here, you're not going to convince me otherwise when I gave you valid feats.

#124 Edited by GhostRider2 (3408 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, Killemall knows what is talking, and just because MMH is better than him doesn't mean he can invade Surfer's mind he would kick him out there is no reason why he shouldn't be able to resist, he resisted before.

#125 Edited by Shiryu (3725 posts) - - Show Bio

What makes this so much different from pre 52 Martian Manhunter vs Silver Surfer? Norrin wins everytime.

#126 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody ever said MMH was better then SS or him better then MMH, but he has the feats to neutralize SS considering who he's read in the past...Norrin has never faced a telepathy on J'onn's level.

Man, now I know what the MMH guys are always talking about on here

@ Shiryu, No pre 52 will murder SS given his feats and New 52 has mindwiped reality warpers, cosmic beings, depero etc. He will just screw up SS's mind, the end. lol MMH effected Spectre, Darkseid characters FAR more powerful then he is...and far more powerful then SS.

#127 Edited by Shiryu (3725 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus:

Oh, I see. Thanks. I wasn't trying to be biased against Martian Manhunter, but I've read on this site that Norrin can beat a Justice League roster including both Superman and Martian Manhunter. I'm a Martian Manhunter fan anyway, and I had thought they were alot closer in terms of ability before reading some of the opinions expressed on this site. Unfortunately I've never been able to pick up very many Martian Manhunter comics to read for myself, although I have read a respect thread.

#128 Edited by HereComesTheBoom_Headshot (321 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone said Manhunter can re-transmute his body FROM inorganic material BACK to organic material after being transmuted (as an attack). Can anyone provide a scan of this particular ability? As far as telepathy goes, I say that both Manhunter and Surfer would have troubles with each other in that department, but otherwise it remains fair game.