Avatar image for deactived-3246821
deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deactived-3246821

I dont see Martian Manhunter winning this... if he's lucky he might be able to take Superman with mental attacks, but SS doesnt have a weakness to that, and in strength vs strength, speed vs speed, energy projection vs energy projection, I believe Silver Surfer takes it.

The Ion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By The Ion

i go with ss

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vrakmul

The silver surfer hits the martian man hunter with a giant asteroid destroying cosmic blast before MMH knows what's going on.

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactived-3246821

Yeah, Surfer definitely takes MMH.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I vote Surfer. He turns MMH into the famous cow poo

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactived-3246821

Then puts an apple in it and the other cows will eat him.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Methos

Dormammu says:

"I dont see Martian Manhunter winning this... if he's lucky he might be able to take Superman with mental attacks, but SS doesnt have a weakness to that, and in strength vs strength, speed vs speed, energy projection vs energy projection, I believe Silver Surfer takes it."

Is SS immune to telepathy then?

and as for attacking MM, how's he going to do that when MM can turn intangible at will?

M

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Methos says:

"Dormammu says:
"I dont see Martian Manhunter winning this... if he's lucky he might be able to take Superman with mental attacks, but SS doesnt have a weakness to that, and in strength vs strength, speed vs speed, energy projection vs energy projection, I believe Silver Surfer takes it."
Is SS immune to telepathy then? and as for attacking MM, how's he going to do that when MM can turn intangible at will? M"

Surfer's immune to Telapathy from what I've read. He controls molecules so he can turn MM into cow poo in theory.

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure if he's immune to telepathy, but he doesnt have a weakness to it. But if MMH even uses telepathy, Surfer can track him down very quickly then they would fight and there would be no use in using telepathy close range.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lantern Prime

Gosh Damn 88!

I say SS easily!

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thats what I meant by track him down quickly.

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post Deleted.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Dormammu says:

"I'm not sure if he's immune to telepathy, but he doesnt have a weakness to it. But if MMH even uses telepathy, Surfer can track him down very quickly then they would fight and there would be no use in using telepathy close range."

And Surfer moves like 3 or 4 times faster than light.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Apparition

surfer should win fairly easily

Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Tevnoba

This is a much closer fight than some of you are pointing to. They are very similar in overall abilities and powers from what little I have read of MM. I like Surf much better, but MM would give him a run for his money before Surf puts him down.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Tevnoba says:

"This is a much closer fight than some of you are pointing to. They are very similar in overall abilities and powers from what little I have read of MM. I like Surf much better, but MM would give him a run for his money before Surf puts him down."

I don't think so. Surfer controls Molecules.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By the creator

No energy weapons or matter control to date has been shown to effect MM while he is intangible.

His reaction speed to turn intangible would be sufficient to get him in to this form before SS could launch his attack.

Is the Surfer immune to telepathy - not to my knowledge. Galactus did meedle with his mind so that he would not feel the effects of being responsible for the death of billions. He did not however render him immune to telepathy.

SS has strong will power and has shrugged off telepathic attacks but MM is a hugely powerful telepath.

I am relatively confident that given time MM could get through to SS with a telepathic attack.

Could SS come up with an attack that could effect MM in the mean time - possibly.

Would a blackhole effect MM while intangible ?

From what I have seen - no it would not. SS can escape from MM's telepathic range but thats it.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Methos

The_Creator says:

"No energy weapons or matter control to date has been shown to effect MM while he is intangible.His reaction speed to turn intangible would be sufficient to get him in to this form before SS could launch his attack.Is the Surfer immune to telepathy - not to my knowledge. Galactus did meedle with his mind so that he would not feel the effects of being responsible for the death of billions. He did not however render him immune to telepathy.SS has strong will power and has shrugged off telepathic attacks but MM is a hugely powerful telepath.I am relatively confident that given time MM could get through to SS with a telepathic attack.Could SS come up with an attack that could effect MM in the mean time - possibly.Would a blackhole effect MM while intangible ?From what I have seen - no it would not. SS can escape from MM's telepathic range but thats it."

i did bring these points up earlier, but noone gave me a satisfactory answer about SS's powers

M

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By the creator

Colt Python says:

"Ok I will take it upon myself to present SS info.SS has the power cosmic.He is extremely strong and also can use telepathy.Silver Surfer can also fly faster than the speed of light.Nothing Martian Manhunter can do will be able to hurt SS.SS also has Cosmic awareness which means he is even more powerful then his existance in the comic itself.He can basically alter reality.Not to mention MM is weak against Fire."

Where do you get some of this information from ??

When you present info be specific.

SS has the power cosmic - Yes.

Strength: Apparently stronger than Thor (classic) so lift more than 100 tonnes (translation in to real world somewhere around 100,000 tonnes). This can be further amplified by absorbing power from an external energy source (like he did when absorbing the power of the hulk) - so maybe reaching 3 times this (300,000 tonnes).

Compare that with MM who can conservatively lift around 2,000,000 tonnes.

We have seen blows from Thor and the Hulk hurt the Silver Surfer - not seriously but they did hurt. Imagine being hit by an opponent 20 times stronger - that would hurt.

Telepathy: There is a suggestion that he has some low level instinctual telepthic ability to communicate with beings of the worlds he visits (they don't all speak the language of Zenn Lar). This again does not mean that he is immune to telepahic attacks (which I note you did not mention again). This would not let him know the weakness of MM.

MM has scanned a planet to find 1 mind and conducted telepathic assults on many opponents. I think he lacks the range of powers say Prof X has but the ones he has displayed are very powerful.

Speed: SS can fly at up to approx 98% the speed of light. Then he can enter hyperspace to traverse galactic distances. He is one of the fastest flyers around and has acceleration potential greater than most. How will being able to fly at faster than light speeds help in this combat ? He also has heightened reflexes, enabling him to react potentially many times faster than a human but there is a difference here in flight speed and reaction speed. In all of SS's appearances he does not display the hugely fast reactions than some beings display i.e. attacking many opponents in a split second before others can react.

MM appears to be able to fly at huge speeds, at least at mach 20 in the atmosphere of a planet but much faster in space - possibly at several hundred miles per hour. This is not as quick as SS but we do know that SS has the power of super speed - that is reacting and moving like a slow flash. He can react hundreds of times faster than a human if required. I think that this power should enable MM to go intangible fast enough as the activation of the power is a thought and his mind can work at the superfast speeds.

Energy/Matter Control: SS can project hugely powerful energy blasts that he can vary in nature. He can also manipulate matter - altering elements and form. He can do this on a limited scale - not to the scale that a true reality manipulator can (like Molecule man can or even less powerful ones can). He can absorb incoming energy and redirect it.

MM can use heat vision.

Senses: SS does not have Cosmic Awareness. That is a seperate power specifically referenced with regards to poeople like Capt marvel, Quasar etc. SS does have energy and matter detection powers that have a huge scope - sensing an energy source from light years away, or tracking matter through space. What does that matter to this fight. MM is hardly going to run away if he is intangible.

I have not mentioned MM senses (there are many - some not human related ones) or his ability to go invisible or to shape change (control of his molecules).

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Eternal Chaos

The_Creator says:

"No energy weapons or matter control to date has been shown to effect MM while he is intangible. His reaction speed to turn intangible would be sufficient to get him in to this form before SS could launch his attack. Is the Surfer immune to telepathy - not to my knowledge. Galactus did meedle with his mind so that he would not feel the effects of being responsible for the death of billions. He did not however render him immune to telepathy. SS has strong will power and has shrugged off telepathic attacks but MM is a hugely powerful telepath. I am relatively confident that given time MM could get through to SS with a telepathic attack. Could SS come up with an attack that could effect MM in the mean time - possibly. Would a blackhole effect MM while intangible ? From what I have seen - no it would not. SS can escape from MM's telepathic range but thats it."

My issue is this, Sufer has incredible molecular manipulation powers, so who's to say he can't tear MM apart on a moleculer level. That's my thought. If MM turns intangible, good for him, Surfer controls his molecules and a Sandman, MM's not so he wouldn't come back together. Surfer moves faster than MM so that's another factor that comes into play.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By the creator

Eternal Chaos says:

"The_Creator says:
"No energy weapons or matter control to date has been shown to effect MM while he is intangible. His reaction speed to turn intangible would be sufficient to get him in to this form before SS could launch his attack. Is the Surfer immune to telepathy - not to my knowledge. Galactus did meedle with his mind so that he would not feel the effects of being responsible for the death of billions. He did not however render him immune to telepathy. SS has strong will power and has shrugged off telepathic attacks but MM is a hugely powerful telepath. I am relatively confident that given time MM could get through to SS with a telepathic attack. Could SS come up with an attack that could effect MM in the mean time - possibly. Would a blackhole effect MM while intangible ? From what I have seen - no it would not. SS can escape from MM's telepathic range but thats it."
My issue is this, Sufer has incredible molecular manipulation powers, so who's to say he can't tear MM apart on a moleculer level. That's my thought. If MM turns intangible, good for him, Surfer controls his molecules and a Sandman, MM's not so he wouldn't come back together. Surfer moves faster than MM so that's another factor that comes into play."

And who's to say he can rip MM apart on a molecular basis.

So far, and to my knowledge, no physical weapon/energy control has effected MM while intangible.

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By crazy spidey

Cant surfer go intangible too? So then there both intangible... cant they affect each other?

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer has a much wider range of powers, at higher levels, than Martian Manhunter. I'm going with him.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By the creator

crazy spidey says:

"Cant surfer go intangible too? So then there both intangible... cant they affect each other?"
Mental powers can still effect either. As MM has them and SS does not, then it stands to reason that MM has a better chance than many people have so far admitted.
Post Edited:2007-10-17 03:11:22
LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

When has MMH ever shown a degree of phsychic attacks that could harm a being like the SS? Those attacks might work on 2nd rate villians and characters, but there is no way it could influence SS. Additionally, if MMH went intangible, that doesn't mean he couldn't be harmed by a degree of intensity such as the power cosmic. The surfer has control of matter on a molecular level, meaning intangible or not, MMH's DNA is completely in the surfers control.
Post Edited:2007-10-17 05:02:20

GodOfDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GodOfDoom

the surfer would imprison mm in his board

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Eternal Chaos

The_Creator says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"The_Creator says:
My issue is this, Sufer has incredible molecular manipulation powers, so who's to say he can't tear MM apart on a moleculer level. That's my thought. If MM turns intangible, good for him, Surfer controls his molecules and a Sandman, MM's not so he wouldn't come back together. Surfer moves faster than MM so that's another factor that comes into play."
And who's to say he can rip MM apart on a molecular basis. So far, and to my knowledge, no physical weapon/energy control has effected MM while intangible."

It's not energy or weapons, to my knowledge, Norin can control molecules so that being said can make Surfer the winner in this battle.

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

The_Creator says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"The_Creator says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"The_Creator says:
And who's to say he can rip MM apart on a molecular basis. So far, and to my knowledge, no physical weapon/energy control has effected MM while intangible."
It's not energy or weapons, to my knowledge, Norin can control molecules so that being said can make Surfer the winner in this battle."

MM has fought other matter/energy/reality manipulators before and fairly ok.

I am not pushing MM to win this fight but the facts point to this being far from a curbstomp.

"

I guess the real question is, how lenient does the surfer feel at the moment? If SS is in old herald mode, MMH is done.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the creator

Eternal Chaos says:

"The_Creator says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"The_Creator says:
It's not energy or weapons, to my knowledge, Norin can control molecules so that being said can make Surfer the winner in this battle."

MM has fought other matter/energy/reality manipulators before and fairly ok.

I am not pushing MM to win this fight but the facts point to this being far from a curbstomp.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Eternal Chaos

The_Creator says:

BLOCKQUOTE>MM has fought other matter/energy/reality manipulators before and fairly ok. I am not pushing MM to win this fight but the facts point to this being far from a curbstomp. "

I don't think it's a curbstomp (hence my creation of the thread) my issue here is how is MM going to fair against somebody who moves much faster than him, has a powerful resistance to telepathic attacks, and has matter manipulation. Like I find it a hard concept for MM to beat SS.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By the creator

Eternal Chaos says:

"The_Creator says: BLOCKQUOTE>MM has fought other matter/energy/reality manipulators before and fairly ok. I am not pushing MM to win this fight but the facts point to this being far from a curbstomp. "I don't think it's a curbstomp (hence my creation of the thread) my issue here is how is MM going to fair against somebody who moves much faster than him, has a powerful resistance to telepathic attacks, and has matter manipulation. Like I find it a hard concept for MM to beat SS."

SS moves faster than MM in direct flight speed but I would argue that he moves faster than him in reaction speed - effectively true super speed reaction time.

This harkens back to a thread discussing MM vs Majestic. It was called a draw as even with Majestic's matter manipulation powers (via his laser vision), we were unsure if he could effect MM while intangible.

Like I said he has faced many other matter manipulators and he has held his own.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Eternal Chaos

The_Creator says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"The_Creator says: BLOCKQUOTE>MM has fought other matter/energy/reality manipulators before and fairly ok. I am not pushing MM to win this fight but the facts point to this being far from a curbstomp. "I don't think it's a curbstomp (hence my creation of the thread) my issue here is how is MM going to fair against somebody who moves much faster than him, has a powerful resistance to telepathic attacks, and has matter manipulation. Like I find it a hard concept for MM to beat SS."
SS moves faster than MM in direct flight speed but I would argue that he moves faster than him in reaction speed - effectively true super speed reaction time. This harkens back to a thread discussing MM vs Majestic. It was called a draw as even with Majestic's matter manipulation powers (via his laser vision), we were unsure if he could effect MM while intangible. Like I said he has faced many other matter manipulators and he has held his own. "
Well at least agree that SS is taking this. We just can't agree on how.
Post Edited:2007-10-17 13:32:34
LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

Eternal Chaos says:

"The_Creator says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
SS moves faster than MM in direct flight speed but I would argue that he moves faster than him in reaction speed - effectively true super speed reaction time. This harkens back to a thread discussing MM vs Majestic. It was called a draw as even with Majestic's matter manipulation powers (via his laser vision), we were unsure if he could effect MM while intangible. Like I said he has faced many other matter manipulators and he has held his own. "

I don't see MM taking this, and you don't see Surfer taking this. I'm willing to call it a draw due to the fact alot comes into play and they're both pretty even."

He said he's not pushing for MM to win...

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

Eternal Chaos says:

"The_Creator says:
"Eternal Chaos says:

I don't see MM taking this, and you don't see Surfer taking this. I'm willing to call it a draw due to the fact alot comes into play and they're both pretty even."

He said he's not pushing for MM to win...

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Eternal Chaos

LegendaryKYJ says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"The_Creator says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
He said he's not pushing for MM to win... "

I fixed it.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By the creator

LegendaryKYJ says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"The_Creator says:
"Eternal Chaos says:

Is there an echo in here..

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

The_Creator says:

"LegendaryKYJ says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"The_Creator says:
"Eternal Chaos says:

Is there an echo in here..

"

Avatar image for heart_of_infinity
Heart of Infinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It may not be a quick battle depending on how martain manhunters powers could stall surfer

but every power the hunter has besides telepathy SS has better

hes faster then MM and has the power cosmic and no weaknesses. He can also scan MM for his weakneses

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By acewasp23

Colt Python says:

"Isn't Martian Manhunters "achilles heel" Fire.Silver Surfer doesn't have any weaknesses."

no they took the fire weakness away from MM, he don't have one any more least not that any knows of.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By acewasp23

Colt Python says:

"Heart of Infinity says:
"It may not be a quick battle depending on how martain manhunters powers could stall surfer but every power the hunter has besides telepathy SS has better hes faster then MM and has the power cosmic and no weaknesses. He can also scan MM for his weakneses"
And his weakness is the most stupid of them all.He can be intangible but he's weak to fire."
acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By acewasp23

k but that was the second time i said it.

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SS would lure him into a room filled with Chocos, and when MMH is pre-occupied with eating them SS will blast the hell outta him.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By the creator

Heart of Infinity says:

"It may not be a quick battle depending on how martain manhunters powers could stall surfer but every power the hunter has besides telepathy SS has better hes faster then MM and has the power cosmic and no weaknesses. He can also scan MM for his weakneses"

Fire waas a pychological weakness so just how exactly would SS scan him to find this weakness.

SS's senses don't entend to determining the nature of natural superpowers or related weaknesses.

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By lagoon_boy
mm
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By xan84

SS with a 7/10

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#47  Edited By geraldthesloth

Surfer wins.

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SeSAW
the creator said:
crazy spidey says: "Cant surfer go intangible too? So then there both intangible... cant they affect each other?"Mental powers can ... [more]

SS does not what? SS has every kind of mental power there is TP TK and to a higher degree than MM. He can go intangibile too, he can do whatever the martian can do and much more Surfer might let him hang around a while before he clobbers him.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By the creator
SeSAW said:
the creator said: crazy spidey says: "Cant surfer go intangible too? So then there both intangible... cant they affect each ... [more]
Evidence........
TruePwnge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TruePwnge
the creator said:
SeSAW said: the creator said: crazy spidey says: "Cant surfer go intangible too? So then there both intangible... cant they ... [more]
Youre an idiot who ranks Thanos at 0.002% Superman and extremely biased to DC characters

Why should people bother even responding to your trolling