• 110 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Broman_1412 (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer vs Martian Manhunter

Morals off and bloodlusted

No BFR

Win by death

#2 Posted by MasterAction (668 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer wins quite handily here

#3 Edited by Mr_Ingenuity (7721 posts) - - Show Bio

Done Before.

#4 Posted by dondave (38784 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by beautifulrevery (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

Done before. Surfer has been speculated to be able to solo the JL in other threads while bloodlusted. It's safe to assume he can stomp the Martian here

#6 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5216 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery: While I do agree with what you said about SS, I also think MM could solo the JL also. But yeah SS would win this battle.

#7 Posted by beautifulrevery (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

@lone_wolf_and_cub: A bloodlusted MM has soloed the JL before(Fernus anyone?) so yes but Surfer is far more versatile and all around powerful imo.

#8 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26109 posts) - - Show Bio

lol Surfer is not soloing the JL bloodlusted or not.

#9 Edited by fiodestromus (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer takes this,bloodlusted surfer has to many ways to kill someone.

#10 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

been done to death...

#11 Edited by spiderbuck (2454 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by hardcorefakes (691 posts) - - Show Bio

Done before. Surfer has been speculated to be able to solo the JL in other threads while bloodlusted. It's safe to assume he can stomp the Martian here

LMAO.

Not only does Surfer not "solo" the Justice League, if anything, Flash and Superman slaughter him.

Let the tears flow.

#13 Posted by GhostRavage (9301 posts) - - Show Bio

@hardcorefakes: Not true... Surfer rapes Superman in many different ways. Flash would be a problem for sure. But Flash is the only one i can think of that would be a problem for a bloodlusted Silver Surfer. Surfer in character is always holding back and feeling bad about most of his foes. If Surfer goes Bloodlusted he starts manipulating matter at cosmic scale, intangible 24/7 and with cosmic awareness and cosmic projection killing everyone in the JL. Don't mention anyone below Sups because they get wrecked aswell... Anyone below SS speed is dying horribly. Its not only about speed and strength but the versatility of the Surfer which gives him the edge on almost everybody.

#14 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

SS FTW.

I do not see MMH countering PC.

#15 Posted by beautifulrevery (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery said:

LMAO.

Not only does Surfer not "solo" the Justice League, if anything, Flash and Superman slaughter him.

Let the tears flow.

If you knew anything about Surfer he's capable of soloing the JL while bloodlusted(he'd use his capabilities to their maximum potential). His cosmic awareness allows him to know any of their weaknesses at any point in time. He can one shot most of the JL based on power cosmic blasts alone. He can render Superman completely useless through generating kryptonite or sucking out his solar energy or blasting him with red solar radiation. Maybe all 3 at once. Not to mention the "Astral Plane" crap. Telepathy. Opening black holes. Manipulating matter. Trapping them in his board. Etc Etc. He's too versatile. There's a reason why they write him as an idiot when it comes to using his powers. If he didn't no one below his level(Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, etc) wouldn't be able to even come close to stopping him.

#16 Posted by hardcorefakes (691 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: Nope, sorry. Superman rapes Surfer so hard it would be a crime. Flash isn't the only one who can IMP somebody. Supes can destroy planets with his, Surfer would get atomized buy an IMP from Flash and Supes.

#17 Edited by i_like_swords (16548 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by GhostRavage (9301 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: Nope, sorry. Superman rapes Surfer so hard it would be a crime. Flash isn't the only one who can IMP somebody. Supes can destroy planets with his, Surfer would get atomized buy an IMP from Flash and Supes.

Hahaha! First, Superman has never destroyed a planet before... It was a Shadowmoon and he got KO afterwards... Also, Superman is not touching a bloodlusted Surfer... Flash could be a problem but he's not touching Surfer either... IMP... LOL... You really believe all the problems in the world could be solved with IMPs, don't you... Flash used an IMP with White Martian and he survived. Im sorry but even if they hit Surfer with an IMP a bloodlusted Surfer will pretty much overpower Flash and resist a Sups imp without much trouble. Versatility man... SS got it. Keep reaching, comments like yours make my day.

#19 Edited by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

People tend to underestimate marvel in these battle forums

#20 Posted by laflux (17529 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering Blood-Lusted MM is basically Fernus, he wins.

#21 Edited by Perethorn (3569 posts) - - Show Bio

SS should take this. He is unlimited energy, matter manipulation, telepathic inmunity and speed should make the job over MM.

#22 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26109 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

People tend to underestimate marvel in these battle forums

I really do not see how people underestimate Marvel...

#23 Edited by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: Just because SS got jobbed by BP people think batman can whup his arse

#24 Edited by SOG7dc (7829 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26109 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: That can be said for alot though of characters not just Marvel ones. People are ways low-ball Zoom and say he was beat by Wonder Woman even thought they are ignoring the context of the scan. People always say Green Lanterns are slow even though evidence proves other wise. I could go on and on about other fictional characters that get low-balled on the boards it is not just a Marvel thing neither is it a DC thing,all characters get low-balled to a certain extent.

#26 Posted by SOG7dc (7829 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage:

whoa there buddy. I agree surfer would beat superman. but he's not beating him in straight up fist fight surfer could bfr him or drain his solar energy but as far as straight up speed and strength surfer isn't on supes level. surfer is more versatile though. and couldn't a bloodlusted flash just vibrate his hand through surfers head? and for that matter couldn't supes lobotomize him with heat vision? either way it goes surfer doesn't have an easy fight with either the flash or superman

#27 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@ GhostsRavage, Actually, Superman has destroyed tons of planets in the silver age...that version, prime and One Million would stomp Silver Surfer badly. Current regular Supes though is far weaker though.

At any rate, going MMH. People still think SS can tag Flash huh? lol

#28 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by SheenLantern (6860 posts) - - Show Bio

@hardcorefakes: Are you high, Surperman would get destroyed by Surfer.

#30 Posted by GhostRavage (9301 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I've never said Surfer is stronger than Sups. Actually, i said he wins by versatility... And its a fact Surfer is durable enough to resist a Sups imp. Of course SS isn't on Sups speed... He's FAR BEYOND Sups... Flash is indeed faster than him, and speedforce its a very good edge. And Flash can't use the "Amazo" move with Surfer, because SS can indeed become intangible like MMH, its not about how fast he moves his molecules but becoming truly intangible. Flash is not beating a bloodlusted SS and Superman has even less ways to stand for a good fight. Energy Projection, Matter Manipulation, Cosmic Awareness, cosmic projection, astral plane, strength equal or greater than BRB which bust planets casually and list keeps going. Versatility man, he outclasses both Sups and Flash...

@ GhostsRavage, Actually, Superman has destroyed tons of planets in the silver age...that version, prime and One Million would stomp Silver Surfer badly. Current regular Supes though is far weaker though.

Wow, i didn't know people still recurred to SA Superman for feats... That's sad. And mentioning a featless version of Sups, who is a major pile of speculative sh*t like Prime One Million is even worse... SS can tag Flash, but the only problem would be if going speedforce, which in that case its near a stomp.

#31 Posted by SOG7dc (7829 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: He is definitely not faster than superman. And superman can go intangible too I'll post the picture when I get to a computer later. The only way the surfer beats superman is via every absorption or bfring him to a red sun

#32 Edited by GhostRavage (9301 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: He does it same as Flash, by vibrating really fast... Its not like SS and MMH who can go intangible not by speed but as an ability. Also... I can't believe we're actually arguing about SS being faster than Sups... I won't argue about that because i already know your wrong and you won't admit it. Think as you want.

#33 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I agree, I don't even think SS is Supes level as far as speed much less Flash lol.

@ ghostravage

not quite as sad as people showing how ignorant they are concerning Superman's feats ;) despite the era, featless? uhh no, recreating lois, creating his own universe, finding the last GL ring hardly featless he was practically god any how if you think someone needs feats when you're that level of power I feel bad for how wrong you are. SS can't tag Flash, Flash is far faster duh via the Speed Force it's what gives him his powers...

Do we really have to go back to Wally vs. SS again when it's been proved and confirmed by majority that Flash is far faster, hell SS probably isn't even Superman level of speed...

#34 Posted by SOG7dc (7829 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: How is vibrating intangibility any different from other intangibility. If you can't touch something you can't touch it. Period. And that's real grown up. I disagree so stop the debate. If you could PROVE WITH EVIDENCE that as is faster. I'm a big kid I can concede that your right. Way to make assumptions about me without knowing me

#35 Edited by GhostRider2 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: If you don't think SS is Supes level then you should read, the Surfer is faster than Supes.

#36 Edited by GhostRavage (9301 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Well im sorry, my computer right now its very slow and i can't spend 5 hours charging pictures to upload here... Also, i was using deductive thinking because anyone that argues about SS not being faster than Superman is 1) Knows shit about the characters or 2) Its a fanboy and it will never agree with you as long as you defer of his thinking about his character. True, i opted by the second option.

Btw: Going intangible by speed is not the same as going intangible because its one of your abilities... Superman and Flash can go intangible because they can vibrate really fast however, MMH and SS can go intangible because its one of its abilities not because they vibrate fast.

@killemall

This guy i believe can show you some scans of Surfer speed feats.

#37 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostrider2: I'm not saying Surfer is slow, it's just most of his speed feats are usually flying through space straight on where as someone like Superman or Flash just move instantly light speed or near it on whim. Flash has at times run so fast he can exist in space via the Speed Force. Superman, it honestly depends on the era and version but he's still fast in general. What I mean by that example is the arch where SS got tagged/choked by a mortal in T'Challa/Black Panther. I just don't see Supes or Flash getting tagged by Black Panther or someone equal to him.

@sog7dc lol I hear ya man, don't stress I've discovered for myself over a period of time on forums like this that those who pull the "you're a fanboy" card are indeed themselves hypocritical fanboys...

#38 Posted by SOG7dc (7829 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: Dude I hvent been rude to u once. Can you chill on the profanity. And I actually am new to comics so insulting my knowledge is kind of mean. Geez

#39 Edited by GhostRider2 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: just ignore that, Darkseid slipped and fell, i don't know what to say...bad writing maybe.Anyway i ignore this thing.

#40 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: just ignore that, Darkseid slipped and fell, i don't know what to say...bad writing maybe.Anyway i ignore this thing.

You kind of lost me on the DS falling bit lol but yeah I know sometimes in comics, depending on the writer there's inconsistent showings or PIS events. Like Dr. Doom taking Beyonders powers or Galactus then running from squirrel girl lol. Sometimes I wonder who writes these characters, they either over do it or under do it with characters.

#41 Posted by Diamondlifer1 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

surfer stomps

#42 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5610 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: SS is WAY faster than Supes, it's been stated he has to build up to light speed, he can't achieve instantaneously like Flash or near instantaneously like SS.

The armbar is the worst case of WIS and PIS in the history of comics. R.I.P to Dwayne McDuffie but that was completely asinine.

#43 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@ WaveMotionCannon, there's no proof of SS being faster then Superman...besides depending on which version makes a difference too..If you're talking Golden Age Superman, of course SS, Flash a ton of characters are faster then he is. However, SA Superman is WAYY faster then SS not even close. He broke the space and time barriers with Spectre having to stop him from entering heaven...SS has never done anything remotely that impressive via his speed. SS doesn't go lightspeed instantaneously though, Superman and SS at their best would be more comparable in space vs. Flash. Flash would murk both of them in speed, it's not even close not to mention he'd steal theirs to make himself faster on top of it.

I know certain archs are no doubt PIS, WIS, CIS etc but just saying...even in the worst DC PIS there was never one case of Batman choking Superman or Flash...lol

#44 Posted by dondave (38784 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: SS is WAY faster than Supes, it's been stated he has to build up to light speed, he can't achieve instantaneously like Flash or near instantaneously like SS.

The armbar is the worst case of WIS and PIS in the history of comics. R.I.P to Dwayne McDuffie but that was completely asinine.

Dwayne McDuffie explained that the Silver Surfer faked being in the hold so that he could gather information from Black Panther, and that's why he was pissed when Stardust blasted BP

#45 Posted by dondave (38784 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I've never said Surfer is stronger than Sups. Actually, i said he wins by versatility... And its a fact Surfer is durable enough to resist a Sups imp. Of course SS isn't on Sups speed... He's FAR BEYOND Sups... Flash is indeed faster than him, and speedforce its a very good edge. And Flash can't use the "Amazo" move with Surfer, because SS can indeed become intangible like MMH, its not about how fast he moves his molecules but becoming truly intangible. Flash is not beating a bloodlusted SS and Superman has even less ways to stand for a good fight. Energy Projection, Matter Manipulation, Cosmic Awareness, cosmic projection, astral plane, strength equal or greater than BRB which bust planets casually and list keeps going. Versatility man, he outclasses both Sups and Flash...

@vaeternus said:

Wow, i didn't know people still recurred to SA Superman for feats... That's sad. And mentioning a featless version of Sups, who is a major pile of speculative sh*t like Prime One Million is even worse... SS can tag Flash, but the only problem would be if going speedforce, which in that case its near a stomp.

Silver Surfer would never be able to touch the Flash if he didn't want him to. Eeven in the New 52 Barry has femtosecond reaction time, faster than anything SS has shown

#46 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

No, surfer is much faster than superman, and on average he has proven to be the fastest character in comics. He can time travel with his speed anytime he wants to , something flash can only do on accident. He is so fast he can cross dimensions instantly with his speed. No way supes is faster than he is. Flash or Zoom are not that fast. And Surfer would crush MM, what can he do that MM can't , he can manipulate matter and energy, he can manipulate the electromagnetic spectrum, he has cos awareness and can access the crunch. So yea I'd say he can solo the Jl on average if he wanted, flash won't be half a problem.

#47 Posted by dondave (38784 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5610 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: no he doesn't he gone FTL before without using hyperspace. There are scans I've seen here showing it.

#49 Edited by dondave (38784 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: no he doesn't he gone FTL before without using hyperspace. There are scans I've seen here showing it.

Can you provide them? The main method I've seen him use is Hyperspace

#50 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Ss is not eons faster then flash or supes at his best