• 109 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

No BFR

Normal morals

No prep

Start 1m apart

Battle takes place on the moon

Win By ko

No outside help

#2 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

SPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE!!!!!

Mangog pones, just like when he smashed Thor

#3 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

No BFR? Mangog should win, unless Silver Surfer brings him into the Astro Realm, and fights him there. Than Silver Surfer would win.

#4 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: what about energy projection, and SS's speed?

#5 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer: They are irrelevant, common knowledge really

#6 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@troller:

I think you will find, that is speed is very relevant. For example, if he had no speed, he could not move therefore would be beaten up very easily by mangog. If he has ridiculous speeds, he can turn back time, and kill magog when he is at his weakest (like when he is a baby). So perhaps think before posting.

TT

#7 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer: Still irrelevant

#8 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@troller: This truly is a fantastic example of the sophistication of the argument you put forwards.

#9 Edited by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer said:

@jeanroygrant: what about energy projection, and SS's speed?

He stomped Thor easy, and survived a blast from Thor called Anti-Blast. ( Thor shot it from inside Mangog, which made it a even more better durabiltiy feat ) Which is as strong as a star.

#10 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

I got excited when I saw "Mangog" thinking it was Magog :-(

He a douche, but he's my douche!!!!

#11 Posted by pooty (11147 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer: @jeanroygrant: Though it saddens me to do so i must agree with Jeanroygrant. (: SS speed didn't help him against Odin, Thanos, Tyrant or Runner. And it won't help him here. Mangog kills him.

#12 Posted by Saren (25674 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer could kill Mangog the way Thor did.

Moderator
#13 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this Jurgens' version of Mangog or Silver Age Mangog?

#14 Posted by Freefa11 (2382 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not believe I have ever seen Mangog use a ranged attack or fly, which means it could be nearly impossible for him to actually attack the Surfer if Norrin decides not to engage him physically (which he'd have to be an idiot to even consider). Granted, the 1 meter starting distance makes this a bit harder than it would normally be, but if SS does manage to avoid the initial onslaught, he could easily deadlock this fight forever, even if he can't harm Mangog.

#15 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Mangog.

#16 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@Freefa11: that is similar to what I was thinking, apart from the fact that mangog could probably jump pretty high to catch SS (cos they're on the moon)

#18 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomoushatred1001 said:

Wierdly, they've fought before:

I doubt it will look like that here.
 
@jeanroygrant said:

No BFR? Mangog should win, unless Silver Surfer brings him into the Astro Realm, and fights him there. Than Silver Surfer would win.


I highly doubt that telepathy will work on him in normal way, since he is "made of" billion of billion beings.  He is pure immortal hate.
 
@jeanroygrant said:

@The_Thunderer said:

@jeanroygrant: what about energy projection, and SS's speed?

He stomped Thor easy, and survived a blast from Thor called Anti-Blast. ( Thor shot it from inside Mangog, which made it a even more better durabiltiy feat ) Which is as strong as a star.


1.He survived Anti-Force blast that was shoot on him from distance, but he was KOd by blast shooted from inside.
2.Anti-Force blast isn't powerfull enough to destroy a star,  but yes - it is a very powerfull strike that can destroy a planet.
3.Mangog's best durability feat is taking shot from Rigellan's blaster that is capable of destroying stars. He wasn't even slow down by that one. 
 
@CitizenBane said:

Surfer could kill Mangog the way Thor did.


Thor KOd him, not killed.
 
But, yes - Surfer wins, sooner or later. 
 
@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

Is this Jurgens' version of Mangog or Silver Age Mangog?


Does it really matter?
 
@The_Thunderer said:

@Freefa11: that is similar to what I was thinking, apart from the fact that mangog could probably jump pretty high to catch SS (cos they're on the moon)


It would be auto-BFR ;)
 
I am with Surfer in this battle, but for people who wants to know more about Mangog I can show few of his battles with Thor:
  Fight 1:

 Fight 2 (before that Thor with one shot buried Mangog, but as we can see he didn't won a battle in this way): 

Fight 3:

 
And here Mangog's best durability feat that I know:
#19 Posted by Killemall (18564 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

He stomped Thor easy, and survived a blast from Thor called Anti-Blast. ( Thor shot it from inside Mangog, which made it a even more better durabiltiy feat ) Which is as strong as a star.

Has anyone been KOed or killed by the Anti-matter blast. He used it against Mangog nth happened when he used the anti-matter blast from the inside he was knocked out, he used it against Perrikus he did not even move an inch and showed no sign of pain, he used it against the Destroyer which did not even slow him down. Thats the only 4 instance i know of, has it ever KOed anyone powerful?

#20 Posted by Kamikage (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer.

#21 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said:

@jeanroygrant said:

He stomped Thor easy, and survived a blast from Thor called Anti-Blast. ( Thor shot it from inside Mangog, which made it a even more better durabiltiy feat ) Which is as strong as a star.

Has anyone been KOed or killed by the Anti-matter blast. He used it against Mangog nth happened when he used the anti-matter blast from the inside he was knocked out, he used it against Perrikus he did not even move an inch and showed no sign of pain, he used it against the Destroyer which did not even slow him down. Thats the only 4 instance i know of, has it ever KOed anyone powerful?

According to Rigellan's Recorder-robot fully power Anti-Matter/Force blast (its right description is "anti-force blast of anti-matter" IIRC) is powerfull enough to destroy planets and was used on Thanos just before second fight with Mangog that I've shown. Until Mangog defeated Thor, Thanos was at least stunned.
#22 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer should win.

#23 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: Jurgens' version was after the beings were freed, which would explain his less than stellar performance.

#24 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

@czarny_samael666: Jurgens' version was after the beings were freed, which would explain his less than stellar performance.

All fights that I've shown here were after his both "fights" with Odin, so I personally don't see any difference in his apperances. Can You be more clear? Do You know some Mangog's low showings after his encounters with Odin?
#25 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

All I'm saying is the beings were freed, and I've heard that Mangog from Jurgens' run was fueled by the Thanos clone's rage.

#26 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

All I'm saying is the beings were freed, and I've heard that Mangog from Jurgens' run was fueled by the Thanos clone's rage.

I've didn't noticed anything about that in Thor vol. 2 TBH.
And IIRC each time Mangog is summoned, these beings have to be combined into him again. IDK how he can even exist without them.
#27 Posted by Killemall (18564 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

According to Rigellan's Recorder-robot fully power Anti-Matter/Force blast (its right description is "anti-force blast of anti-matter" IIRC) is powerfull enough to destroy planets and was used on Thanos just before second fight with Mangog that I've shown. Until Mangog defeated Thor, Thanos was at least stunned.

Interesting but we have no evidence in battle to showcase its power. Thanos did not even fall because of the bast, Magog tanked it as well. So well i wouldnt count anti-force blast as anything substantial since it has shown no destructive or fighting feats. Thor has other over the top attacks like massive lightning as used against Void and Chaos King.

#28 Posted by Saren (25674 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's description of his anti-force blast was that it could level mountains, IIRC.

Moderator
#29 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

According to Rigellan's Recorder-robot fully power Anti-Matter/Force blast (its right description is "anti-force blast of anti-matter" IIRC) is powerfull enough to destroy planets and was used on Thanos just before second fight with Mangog that I've shown. Until Mangog defeated Thor, Thanos was at least stunned.

Interesting but we have no evidence in battle to showcase its power. Thanos did not even fall because of the bast, Magog tanked it as well. So well i wouldnt count anti-force blast as anything substantial since it has shown no destructive or fighting feats. Thor has other over the top attacks like massive lightning as used against Void and Chaos King.

Mangog also wasn't slowed down by star-busting attack, so it doesn't matter so much. But Thanos was at least stunned by AF, what didn't happen in his other battles. And this was this planet busting attack, so it was used in battle actually.
#30 Posted by Killemall (18564 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

Mangog also wasn't slowed down by star-busting attack, so it doesn't matter so much. But Thanos was at least stunned by AF, what didn't happen in his other battles. And this was this planet busting attack, so it was used in battle actually.

When was Thanos stunned?

You scan doesnt show anything about Thanos but i have read the issue in question and this is what happened when he attacked Thanos:

Thanos looks completely unphased. Not to mention this has been retconned to being a Thanosi and not actual Thanos that we know of.

@CitizenBane said:

Thor's description of his anti-force blast was that it could level mountains, IIRC.

And of course, that's there too. being able to level mountains < a planet busting attack.

#31 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Not the same fight:

Anti-Force at best is planet busting attack
And when I am looking at this comic now, it seems that Thanos was at least stunned, since Thor was able to take Illumination stone before Thanos could. If Mangog wouldn't came back to the fight, Thor would leave with IS undisturbed.
#32 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

Antone got any surfer scans to show why he is better than mangog?

#33 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer: Better than yours

#34 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@troller: that doesn't make sense..

#35 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer: More sense than you

#37 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Killemall said:

@jeanroygrant said:

He stomped Thor easy, and survived a blast from Thor called Anti-Blast. ( Thor shot it from inside Mangog, which made it a even more better durabiltiy feat ) Which is as strong as a star.

Has anyone been KOed or killed by the Anti-matter blast. He used it against Mangog nth happened when he used the anti-matter blast from the inside he was knocked out, he used it against Perrikus he did not even move an inch and showed no sign of pain, he used it against the Destroyer which did not even slow him down. Thats the only 4 instance i know of, has it ever KOed anyone powerful?

According to Rigellan's Recorder-robot fully power Anti-Matter/Force blast (its right description is "anti-force blast of anti-matter" IIRC) is powerfull enough to destroy planets and was used on Thanos just before second fight with Mangog that I've shown. Until Mangog defeated Thor, Thanos was at least stunned.

Makes it even better. Classic Mangog could beat Thor with ease, while Current Mangog got one-shotted by Current Thor.

#38 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: so who do you think?

#39 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@jeanroygrant said:

He stomped Thor easy, and survived a blast from Thor called Anti-Blast. ( Thor shot it from inside Mangog, which made it a even more better durabiltiy feat ) Which is as strong as a star.

Has anyone been KOed or killed by the Anti-matter blast. He used it against Mangog nth happened when he used the anti-matter blast from the inside he was knocked out, he used it against Perrikus he did not even move an inch and showed no sign of pain, he used it against the Destroyer which did not even slow him down. Thats the only 4 instance i know of, has it ever KOed anyone powerful?

All the people you named are more powerful than Thor, and are powerful.

#40 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Everyone is more powerful than Thor

#41 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer said:

@jeanroygrant: so who do you think?

Mangog.

#42 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@troller said:

@jeanroygrant: Everyone is more powerful than Thor

I know you hate Thor, so...yeah...

#43 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: So you agree with me?

#45 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@troller: have you seen his ava ?

#46 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer: I know, I was doing that thing where I try and make friends but usually fail.

#47 Posted by Nefarious (20340 posts) - - Show Bio

The Silver Surfer wins.

#48 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious: you think he can escape from engaging in H2H with mangog?

#49 Posted by Nefarious (20340 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Thunderer: Yes, I believe he can. SS is not a very good H2H combatant.
#50 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious: so how does that help him win?