Silver Surfer vs intangibles

Jeronimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jeronimo

The Silver Surfer can go intangible. He therefore understands its fundamental nature.  The Silver Surfer can use the Power Cosmic while intangible. The Silver Surfer in NOT magical or mystical nor does he draws power from those realms. Therefore those characters that are intagible are still part of the cosmos. The Silver Surfer has total mastery of the four fundamental forces of nature. If the Silver Surfer understands something about the fabric of the universe (in this case intangibility), then he can effect it. He can therefore use area of effect blasts to effect intagible characters.   

Being intangible does not mean that one goes into another dimension. If it did, the Silver Surfer could follow.     

Also, how could another intagible character effect the Silver Surfer while he's intagible? 

This is how I think the Silver Surfer can defeat intangible characters. 

Any thoughts?

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Silver2467

My thoughts: why is this in the battle forums?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
The theory is unnecessary. He has already blasted the Vision while at an intangible state.

Also, this is not a battle, and belongs in the Silver Surfer forum.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By difficlus
@Silver2467 said:
" My thoughts: why is this in the battle forums? "
Agreed, this belongs in the SS forum or General discussion board.
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By daak1212
@Morpheus_ said:
"The theory is unnecessary. He has already blasted the Vision while at an intangible state.

"

And Karnak hit Vision while he was intangible also.  The point being that Vision has a defective intagiblity system
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@daak1212 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"The theory is unnecessary. He has already blasted the Vision while at an intangible state.

"
And Karnak hit Vision while he was intangible also.  The point being that Vision has a defective intagiblity system "
He did it to Wonder Man, as well. Is he defective, too?

And Karnak hitting Vision at his intangible state is utterly ridiculous.
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By daak1212
@Morpheus_ said:
" @daak1212 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

"
And Karnak hit Vision while he was intangible also.  The point being that Vision has a defective intagiblity system "

"

It happend.  Im not sure about wonderman but Vision might have a weird faulty with his intagibilty if he can still be tagged. I cant explain it but if he has been hit physiclly in that state then there is a problem
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Silver2467
@Morpheus_ said:
" @daak1212 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

"

"
That may be the result of Wonder Man's intangibility being the result of his ion energy form and Surfer's control over energy though. 
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@daak1212 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @daak1212 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

"

"
It happend.  Im not sure about wonderman but Vision might have a weird faulty with his intagibilty if he can still be tagged. I cant explain it but if he has been hit physiclly in that state then there is a problem "
Not really. The times in which he has been affected via plot devices, or bad writing do not eclipse the times in which he succesfully retained his intagible state. Also, I never said the Surfer managed to physically hit the Vision. Energy attacks of certain frequency should still affect him, and that is what the Surfer produced.
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By daak1212
@Morpheus_ said:
" @daak1212 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @daak1212 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

"

"
It happend.  Im not sure about wonderman but Vision might have a weird faulty with his intagibilty if he can still be tagged. I cant explain it but if he has been hit physiclly in that state then there is a problem "
Not really. The times in which he has been affected via plot devices, or bad writing do not eclipse the times in which he succesfully retained his intagible state. Also, I never said the Surfer managed to physically hit the Vision. Energy attacks of certain frequency should still affect him, and that is what the Surfer produced. "

I ment Karnak not Surfer
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@daak1212 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @daak1212 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @daak1212 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

"

"
Not really. The times in which he has been affected via plot devices, or bad writing do not eclipse the times in which he succesfully retained his intagible state. Also, I never said the Surfer managed to physically hit the Vision. Energy attacks of certain frequency should still affect him, and that is what the Surfer produced. "
I ment Karnak not Surfer "
I know, and that falls under the bad writing category, unless there were additional circumstances that enabled him to do that, for whatever reason.
Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jezer
@Jeronimo said:
"
The Silver Surfer can go intangible. He therefore understands its fundamental nature.  The Silver Surfer can use the Power Cosmic while intangible. The Silver Surfer in NOT magical or mystical nor does he draws power from those realms. Therefore those characters that are intagible are still part of the cosmos. The Silver Surfer has total mastery of the four fundamental forces of nature. If the Silver Surfer understands something about the fabric of the universe (in this case intangibility), then he can effect it. He can therefore use area of effect blasts to effect intagible characters.   

Being intangible does not mean that one goes into another dimension. If it did, the Silver Surfer could follow.     

Also, how could another intagible character effect the Silver Surfer while he's intagible? 

This is how I think the Silver Surfer can defeat intangible characters. 

Any thoughts?

"

You are assuming all intangible characters powers work the same way as the Silver Surfers, 
and the same way as each other.