#1 Posted by XiiX (9127 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer

VS

Helspont

Takes place on the moon.

#2 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX: Current Hellspont?

#3 Posted by XiiX (9127 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Whichever makes the match more even.

#4 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX said:

@jeanroygrant: Whichever makes the match more even.

Pre-Flashpoint

#5 Edited by Nefarious (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Helspont would lose. 

Pre-52 Helspont  would probably win. 

#6 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5610 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Helspont looked pretty good smacking Supes around but that's not enough to suggest he'd beat SS. I'd give both rounds to SS. With 5.5/10 against Pre 52 Hellespont.

#7 Edited by King Saturn (224749 posts) - - Show Bio
I don't know about Helspont beating Silver Surfer... the reason he handles Majestic is because Majestic is more modeled after an Advanced Superman type character... whereas the Silver Surfer is a Cosmic Energy Manipulator... the Energy Manipulation powers of Silver Surfer might prove to be problematic for Helspont assuming Helspont can not get inside for attacks on the Power Cosmic Wielder. 
#8 Posted by King Saturn (224749 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlastCore9 said:

I don't know about Helspont beating Silver Surfer... the reason he handles Majestic is because Majestic is more modeled after an Advanced Superman type character... whereas the Silver Surfer is a Cosmic Energy Manipulator... the Energy Manipulation powers of Silver Surfer might prove to be problematic for Helspont assuming Helspont can not get inside for attacks on the Power Cosmic Wielder.

Helspont has energy manipulation too. Majestic isn't just a stronger and faster Superman either, has has powrers similar to Surfer, telepathy, matter and energy manipulation, Helspont has these also. They're alot faster than Surfer is also. Helspont also has time manipulation and at the worst case scenario, he could jump into Surfers body and possess him.

Majestic does not have Energy Manipulation similar to the Surfer... that's stretching it... at best he exhibited high end Energy Projection on a couple of occasions... but the Silver Surfer's Cosmic Energy Manipulation and Matter Manipulation is his Bread and Butter... also I think you might be hard pressed to prove Helspont is actually faster than the Silver Surfer let alone show Helspont has Cosmic Energy Manipulation feats like the Surfer. 
#9 Posted by Luster77 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

All this Helspont this and that....If you say so, I think these 2 guys are evenly matched....however, we can just call it a stalemate and they both leave the battle field scarred and wanting to not ever face each other again.  But what good can the BLUE FLAME really do to the POWER COSMIC??

#10 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

SS gonna stomp. Too fast too much power.

#11 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-52 Helspont wins.

@stonerthps said:

SS gonna stomp. Too fast too much power.

Could you show me some combat speed feats for Surfer? Haven't seen many.

#12 Edited by Kemaloz_8 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

@BlastCore9 said:

Helspont has energy manipulation too. Majestic isn't just a stronger and faster Superman either, has has powrers similar to Surfer, telepathy, matter and energy manipulation, Helspont has these also. They're alot faster than Surfer is also. Helspont also has time manipulation and at the worst case scenario, he could jump into Surfers body and possess him.

Majestic does not have Energy Manipulation similar to the Surfer... that's stretching it... at best he exhibited high end Energy Projection on a couple of occasions... but the Silver Surfer's Cosmic Energy Manipulation and Matter Manipulation is his Bread and Butter... also I think you might be hard pressed to prove Helspont is actually faster than the Silver Surfer let alone show Helspont has Cosmic Energy Manipulation feats like the Surfer.

It doesn't really matte,r Surfer's energy and matter manupulation have never saved him from characters who physically outclass him. Majestic is leagues faster than Surfer is since he could actually build advance machinery in under a nanosecond. Helspont is just as fast as Majestic is. He'll end up killing Surfer in 4 or 5 hits

@Luster77 said:

All this Helspont this and that....If you say so, I think these 2 guys are evenly matched....however, we can just call it a stalemate and they both leave the battle field scarred and wanting to not ever face each other again. But what good can the BLUE FLAME really do to the POWER COSMIC??

There not evenly match. Helspont outclasses Surfer in almost everything PLUS he can possess his body worse case scnaerio.

#13 Posted by King Saturn (224749 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kemaloz_8 said:

@King Saturn said:

@BlastCore9 said:

It doesn't really matte,r Surfer's energy and matter manupulation have never saved him from characters who physically outclass him. Majestic is leagues faster than Surfer is since he could actually build advance machinery in under a nanosecond. Helspont is just as fast as Majestic is. He'll end up killing Surfer in 4 or 5 hits

Well technically the Surfer's Cosmic Powers have benefited him against The Hulk... someone who potentially could physically outclass him. Also, I think you are overstating Majestic's speed... he is fast... but to say he is leagues faster than the Silver Surfer is a stretch. Also, there is nothing to say Helspont is even as fast as Majestic anyways... perhaps as Strong... but not as fast. You are seriously overestimating Helspont here... yeah he smacked around Superman, but the Surfer uses a different style of attacks than Majestic and Superman. 
#14 Edited by Kemaloz_8 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

@Kemaloz_8 said:

@King Saturn said:

@BlastCore9 said:

Well technically the Surfer's Cosmic Powers have benefited him against The Hulk... someone who potentially could physically outclass him. Also, I think you are overstating Majestic's speed... he is fast... but to say he is leagues faster than the Silver Surfer is a stretch. Also, there is nothing to say Helspont is even as fast as Majestic anyways... perhaps as Strong... but not as fast. You are seriously overestimating Helspont here... yeah he smacked around Superman, but the Surfer uses a different style of attacks than Majestic and Superman.

I'm not even using the 52 version of Helspont because at this moment he doesn't have enough feats. Majestic has stated that Helspont is his equal which pretty much implies that he's on or at least close to his level of speed. Surfer isn't though, until Surfer can literally create complex machinery in under a nanosecond he's outclassed severely. Majestic is probably the fastest character in comics outside of anyone Flash related. And Surfer still has no answer for posession either. Thanos has beaten Surfer in 5 or 6 hits too and he physically isn't on Helspnts level.

#15 Posted by King Saturn (224749 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kemaloz_8 said:

@King Saturn said:

@Kemaloz_8 said:

@King Saturn said:

@BlastCore9 said:

I'm not even using the 52 version of Helspont because at this moment he doesn't have enough feats. Majestic has stated that Helspont is his equal which pretty much implies that he's on or at least close to his level of speed. Surfer isn't though, until Surfer can literally create complex machinery in under a nanosecond he's outclassed severely. Majestic is probably the fastest character in comics outside of anyone Flash related. And Surfer still has no answer for posession either. Thanos has beaten Surfer in 5 or 6 hits too and he physically isn't on Helspnts level.

Majestic nor Helspont have shown the level of Energy or Matter Manipulation that the Silver Surfer has... Majestic making machines means nothing here because this is a battle between Silver Surfer and Helspont... and we have not seen Helspont make machines in microseconds anyways... again, Helspont does not have any speed feats to say he is way faster than the Silver Surfer... technically I don't think Majestic is faster than the Silver Surfer either... both of them can move several thousand times faster than light and both of them have incredible reflexes in operation speed... and like I said before the Surfer can and will attack with wide range attacks of Cosmic Energy which will give Helspont fits... also, it may not be safe to say Helspont is stronger than Thanos... Thanos is basically Darkseid in the Marvel Universe minus Omega Beams add in Cosmic Energy Manipulation. 
#16 Posted by Kemaloz_8 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn:They don't need energy and matter manipulation to beat Surfer. Majestic making machines in under a nanosecond is a better speed feat than any Surfer has to offer. We know that Helspont is as fast or near Majestics level, Majestic has stated this. Surfer cannot react in the span of a nanosecond. He's outclassed in terms of movement and combat speed. People insist that Surfer has some amazing operation speed but Hulk, Morg, Hercules, Thor, Thanos, Nova, Firelord, Terrax, and tons of other characters have hit him and contended with him.

Why wouldn't it be safe to say Helspont is stronger than Thanos? Thanos is basically the Darkseid of Marvel, Thanos nor Darkseid can move planets around with ease.

#17 Posted by Dextersinister (6454 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW: You won't see any, current Surfer would lose badly to pre and post 52 Helspont.

#18 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kemaloz_8: @blackadamFTW: Lmfao. Reason for random characters hitting surfer pis and wis. I'm sorry but Surfer has shown FTL combat speed. Not only that but he exibits nanosecond reaction time on multiple occasions.

#19 Posted by TifaLockhart (14117 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, my good friends PIS and WIS.

#20 Posted by Kemaloz_8 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

The reason why random characters can hit Surfer is because Surfer is slow in combat. Surfer can think at nanosecond speeds, he can't react and fight at those speeds. He can fly at light speeds, he can't fight at those speeds.

In one scan he's flying in a circule, big deal. In another scan he's thinking at nanosecond speeds, again big deal.

Nova has blitzed Surfer

This will be Surfers fate should he show poor enough judgement to face Helspont instead of running for the hills

#21 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol except that on these forums we expect them to fight to the best of their abilities. Therefore SS is stomping.

#22 Posted by King Saturn (224749 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kemaloz_8 said:

@King Saturn:They don't need energy and matter manipulation to beat Surfer. Majestic making machines in under a nanosecond is a better speed feat than any Surfer has to offer. We know that Helspont is as fast or near Majestics level, Majestic has stated this. Surfer cannot react in the span of a nanosecond. He's outclassed in terms of movement and combat speed. People insist that Surfer has some amazing operation speed but Hulk, Morg, Hercules, Thor, Thanos, Nova, Firelord, Terrax, and tons of other characters have hit him and contended with him.

Why wouldn't it be safe to say Helspont is stronger than Thanos? Thanos is basically the Darkseid of Marvel, Thanos nor Darkseid can move planets around with ease.

Actually I would take Surfer's Energy Output making Black Holes over Majestic making Machines in Microseconds any day... again, we don't know if Helspont is as fast as Majestic... we don't have any real speed feats to suggest he is... Surfer can react in nanoseconds... it's just that PIS takes that ability away from him sometimes... just like when Superman gets hit by slower opponents... it does not mean Superman lacks operational speed it just means he is being downplayed to keep the story of the comic interesting...  

It's not safe to say Helspont is stronger than Thanos because we have never seen Helspont himself move planets with ease... we just assume he can because he fights with Majestic on occasions... but there is nothing to say Thanos strength has a cap that is below Helspont's either still... Thanos has overpowered multiple Marvel Powerhouses at once... 
#23 Edited by Kerrotvorpoas (6 posts) - - Show Bio

We know that Majestic has stated that Helspont is equal to him, that's good enough. Surfer cannot react in nanoseconds, we've seen him think and process thought at those speeds, not actually perform actions and movement. And again Majestic didn't make a machine in microseconds, he mad it in under a nanosecond. Unlike Surfer, Majestic can move and act in under a nanosecond.

Helspont is stronger than Thanos because he's equal to a guy who can move planets around effortlessly. Thanos has overpowered multiple Marvel powerhouses at once? No he hasn't, in one of his earlier fights Thing and Thor were kicking his ass until he knocked out Thing. Thanos has alot of trouble fighting Thor by himself, he is not on Majestic or Helsponts level either.

#24 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kerrotvorpoas: Thanos has no trouble with Thor lmfao. He fights odin. Thor is beneath him. The way you downplay Marvel characters makes me lol.

SS is stomping.

#25 Posted by Kerrotvorpoas (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Thanos fights Odin, if by fight you mean get his ass kicked for 9 pages then yeah, he fought him.

Beware his might. The mighty Thanos beating...oh...wait...

Helspont>>Thanos>>>>>Surfer. The end

#26 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmfao. @Kerrotvorpoas:

... SS>Helspont. Helspont has done nothing to even put him at that level. Too slow not strong enough.

#27 Edited by Kerrotvorpoas (6 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO He stilled had trouble with freaking Thor. Thing isn't even that strong and he still managed to hurt Thanos

Helspont>>>Thor=Thanos>>>Surfer

Cry moar

#28 Posted by TifaLockhart (14117 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer is slowly but surely replacing Wolverine on my list of lamest characters.

#29 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kerrotvorpoas said:

LMAO He stilled had trouble with freaking Thor

Helspont>>>Thor=Thanos>>>Surfer

Cry moar

Not even close. lmfao. He has no trouble at all with Thor. Thanos>SS>Helspont>Thor

#30 Edited by Geuosup (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup, Thanos was getting knocked around by Thing and Thor.

Thanos is barely above Thor's level.

Helspont>>Thor=Thanos>>Surfer.

#31 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer beats New 52 Helspont, but I believe Wildstorm/PreNew 52 Helspont wins.

#32 Posted by King Saturn (224749 posts) - - Show Bio
Since you want to just throw around scans... I guess we can say Blue Superman is stronger than Majestic and Helspont then since Blue Superman knocked over Majestic right ? 

#33 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

@Geuosup said:

Yup, Thanos was getting knocked around by Thing and Thor.

Thanos is barely above Thor's level.

Helspont>>Thor=Thanos>>Surfer.

Nope. Thor needs WM and the power gem to even put up a fight against thanos. Thanos>SS>Helspont>Thor

#34 Edited by Geuosup (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor didn't have Warrior Madness when he fought Thanos, Odin confirmed it. He wasn't even tapping into the power gem fully either, and guess what? Thanos ran away from him when he had it.

Thor = Thanos. I just showed 2 instances of Thor taking it to Thanos, in fact Thor dominated Thanos in both fights.

So actually

Helspont>>Thor>>Thanos>>Surfer.

@King Saturn: That was years before Majestic's powers in his own series was established. Once Wildstorm become part of the DC multiverse, Majestic beat the crap out of Eradicator who's Superman with energy and matter manipulation.

#35 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

SS wins this EFFORTLESS CURBSTOMP!!!

#36 Posted by Geuosup (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Helspont would mind control a mexican to KO Surfer for him, then laugh

#37 Posted by King Saturn (224749 posts) - - Show Bio
@Geuosup said:

Thor didn't have Warrior Madness when he fought Thanos, Odin confirmed it. He wasn't even tapping into the power gem fully either, and guess what? Thanos ran away from him when he had it.

Thor = Thanos. I just showed 2 instances of Thor taking it to Thanos, in fact Thor dominated Thanos in both fights.

So actually

@King Saturn: That was years before Majestic's powers in his own series was established. Once Wildstorm become part of the DC multiverse, Majestic beat the crap out of Eradicator who's Superman with energy and matter manipulation.

ah excuses...  
I was hoping you would see the problem with the ABC logic you are applying here... 
#38 Posted by Geuosup (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

@Geuosup said:

So actually

ah excuses...
I was hoping you would see the problem with the ABC logic you are applying here...

Not really,Surfer had been established in the 90's when he was beaten to death by Thanos. Surfer does not have fast operational speed, it's actually pretty slow compared to other characters. People seem to think Surfer had some massive upgrade post annhilation but the majority of the feats people use for him are from decades ago.

#39 Posted by King Saturn (224749 posts) - - Show Bio
@Geuosup said:

Helspont would mind control a mexican to KO Surfer for him, then laugh

So What ? even Silver Age Superman was stopping by Lightning Attacks before... are we to say the guy who sneezes away Galaxies is too weak to handle Lightning Attacks or do we use a little sense to say maybe that was PIS ? You know it's PIS here so why Post It ? 
#40 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

Since you want to just throw around scans... I guess we can say Blue Superman is stronger than Majestic and Helspont then since Blue Superman knocked over Majestic right ?

Blue Surfer was faster than Flash and solo'd the JLA, so him beating Majestic isn't too far fetched.

Those scans aren't that impressive.

#41 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

@Geuosup said:

So actually

ah excuses...
#42 Posted by King Saturn (224749 posts) - - Show Bio
@blackadamFTW said:

@King Saturn said:

Blue Surfer was faster than Flash and solo'd the JLA, so him beating Majestic isn't too far fetched.

we need to see the scans to see what you are talking about here...
#43 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW: How are they not impressive? Lmao. FTL in combat + nano second reaction + choking throwing and hitting nova before worldmind could even notify him while nova himself had the entire nova force. I haven't even seen a DC combat feat related at FTL.

#44 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn: I'll try and get them.

@stonerthps said:

@blackadamFTW: How are they not impressive? Lmao. FTL in combat + nano second reaction + choking throwing and hitting nova before worldmind could even notify him while nova himself had the entire nova force. I haven't even seen a DC combat feat related at FTL.

When did it show FTL combat speed? Also does Nova even have any combat speed feats?

#45 Posted by XiiX (9127 posts) - - Show Bio

*Bump

#46 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5216 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlastCore9, Kemaloz_8, Kerrotvorpoas, Geuosup, Hellosfacroll aka Dex_Starr! Really?! 4 different troll accounts in the same thread, with the usuall low balling scans and the obvious bias towards DC? Calling other people stupid and saying they've never read a comic in their life? Bringing up SS and the Mexican for the millionth time. Your trolling has taking an unprecedented new low even for you. You have absolutely no credibility. Grow some balls and keep a real account instead of trolling with alt ones. You've bags of dumb you haven't even opened yet. Fail!

#47 Posted by Dextersinister (6454 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub: Don't get so worked up, Surfer can't win em all.

#48 Posted by Bo88gdan (4484 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver surfer wins

#49 Posted by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kerrotvorpoas said:

Yeah, Thanos fights Odin, if by fight you mean get his ass kicked for 9 pages then yeah, he fought him.

Beware his might. The mighty Thanos beating...oh...wait...

Helspont>>Thanos>>>>>Surfer. The end

Now you are twisting what actually happened in the said issue and i am not sure why you are doing so. The said scan is from Marvel Two in One, Issue 02 so lets put the entire fight into prospective.

Beat The Avengers (Marvel Two In One, Annual 002)

One Shots Thing, again, (Marvel Two In One, Annual 002)

Holds his own against the Avengers but sadly is turned into stone after Warlock enter the battle (Marvel Two In One, Annual 002)

Before the said scan he had just beaten the avengers, one shotted the thing and that a$$ of an abstract Kronos resurrects the entire avengers and you are putting one scans that contradicts what happened, he did beat both of them and was only defeated after Warlock came back from the soul gem bursting with powers. Not to mention current Thanos has got 3 amps after the said incident.

So lets try and not low ball Thanos with out of context scans shall we.

#50 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer.