Silver Surfer vs Fernus

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By vuviper

For those who don't know Fernus is a Burning martian. All the powers of MM amplified in addition to Pyrokinesis. 

I think popular belief is that Silver Surfer can take normal Martian, (which I'm not convinced of yet). Can he stand up against a true Martian? 

By the way if anyone is gonna ask, if 2 people become intangible they should not be able to hit each other, it makes it even more likely for them to not touch. If someone was to decrease their density and become intangible your best home is to become hyper dense not less dense.

spiderpigbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By spiderpigbart

Silver Surfer, I believe.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By czarny_samael666
@spiderpigbart said:
" Silver Surfer, I believe. "
Probably.
GhostPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GhostPool
@czarny_samael said:
" @spiderpigbart said:
" Silver Surfer, I believe. "
Probably. "
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
I dont know about Fernus curbstomping... he may win... but it wont be easy... the Silver Surfer's versatility makes this a good fight
OldIdiotAccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By OldIdiotAccount

Fernus.

Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Norrin Rad.

Jeronimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jeronimo

The Silver Surfer.  

If MM goes intangible, SS can use area of effect blasts.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By daak1212

Well if intagibilty is based on how fast a person is by vibrating there molecules, then Surfer can do that also.  Surfer will win.  Stronger TP, Stronger energy projection, matter manipulation, and has total control over the fundamentals of a planet such as strong/weak forces, EM spectrum, Gravity, etc.  Strength they seem the same I guess
Tesseract

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tesseract
@Jeronimo said:
" The Silver Surfer.   If MM goes intangible, SS can use area of effect blasts. "
And what would that do?It would still pass through MM.He would still be intangible.
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By willpayton

I'll say Fernus because he's basically MMH bloodlusted, but in this fight Surfer is not bloodlusted.

Fernus wins 7/10

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NeonGameWave

It could go either way.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ghostrider2

Silver Surfer still wins.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Killemall

Fernus

In character, nearly every-time.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Saren

Fernus has a limited number of feats (not withstanding all of J'onn's), but these are the ones unique to him:

JLA#83: Forcing everyone in Arkham Asylum, including the Joker, to become sane.

JLA #83: Delivers a brutal invisible beatdown to Firestorm, culminating in him telepathically cutting off Ronnie's access to the Firestorm matrix, leaving him powerless and dying on the moon.

JLA #84-85: J'onn as Fernus vs the Justice League, Round 1: Incapacitating Superman by phasing him into the JLA Roundtable, tearing out John Stewart's guts, one-shotting Flash and then just generally slapping around the rest of the League until Major Disaster brought a comet crashing down into the Watchtower to buy some time for the League to run away. And all of this was done while J'onn/Fernus was, according to Batman, holding back.

JLA #86: Slaughters every White Martian in the Phantom Zone. These were the same White Martians who stomped every single hero on the planet back inTerror Incognita. Fernus may have had an unfair advantage since he was on fire, but these same White Martians had developed techniques to get past their fire weakness via speed and stealth and none of that helped them against Fernus.

JLA #87: Fernus vs the Justice League, Round 2. This time he doesn't even bother getting physical --- he just wastes the League's minds. The League is saved by John Stewart showing up with a special helmet designed by Ganthet to give him telepathic immunity for 60 seconds, buying enough time for the League to run away (again).

JLA #88-89: Fernus vs the Justice League, Round 3: Fernus grows to a hundred feet tall and defeats the entire League again --- including Superman, Wonder Woman and John Stewart --- and then Plastic Man shows up and fights him. He had some weird plot power about how his inorganic brain was untouchable by telepathy, which doesn't even make sense since J'onn's telepathy has worked on him before and so has the telepathy of nameless White Martians, but whatever. Plastic Man + the rest of the League combined still can't bring down Fernus, but when Fernus attacks Scorch and sends her into a coma, J'onn summons his will and reclaims control of his mind and body from Fernus, finally destroying him right down to the molecular level with his Martian Vision.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By spiderbuck1

SS

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Needlebay

Fernus stomps.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By czarny_samael666

Fernus or Martian - it doesn't change anytihng. If we belive that Surfer can deal with his telepathy - he wins. If we don't - he loses. 

Martian and Fernus still had limits, they still shown limits to their regeneration abilities, so molecular manipulation and other physical attacks are usefull. Fernus defeated Superman two times: by phasing and by TP.  
Currently, I belive that certain types of TP should work on Surfer, just not mind-r@ping and not illusions. Psi-bolts wouldn't be too effective, but controlling Surfer's brain and body would be intresting. 

XEL820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By XEL820

@Tesseract said:

@Jeronimo said:
" The Silver Surfer. If MM goes intangible, SS can use area of effect blasts. "
And what would that do?It would still pass through MM.He would still be intangible.

xD

He forgot how to smart.

Avatar image for bunnieswithtophats
bunnieswithtophats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daak1212: it works that way for speedsters, but not necessarily for everyone who goes intangible. also intangible + intangible doesn't necessarily =tangible...just because im intangible doesn't mean i'd be able to touch another intangible person. I agree that surfer has more extensive abilities though..idk much about the stronger tp. feats? But the matter manipulation/energy manipulation gives him the advantage.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good battle leaning towards SS.

Avatar image for ultrasupertrooper
UltraSuperTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfs up!

bunnieswithtophats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666 said:

Fernus or Martian - it doesn't change anytihng. If we belive that Surfer can deal with his telepathy - he wins. If we don't - he loses. Martian and Fernus still had limits, they still shown limits to their regeneration abilities, so molecular manipulation and other physical attacks are usefull. Fernus defeated Superman two times: by phasing and by TP. Currently, I belive that certain types of TP should work on Surfer, just not mind-r@ping and not illusions. Psi-bolts wouldn't be too effective, but controlling Surfer's brain and body would be intresting.

I agree. I don't buy into the surfer being a stronger telepath than a Martian. I think the Martian's only chance of winning would be TP..Any scans of the Surfer's TP resistance?

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Needlebay

Fernus owned the JLA and they needed to go to Plastic Man (Because he was immune to TP) to stand a chance. Unless you guys can show scans of Surfer easily resisting someone on Fernus's level, then I will still go with Fernus.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By czarny_samael666
@bunnieswithtophats said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Fernus or Martian - it doesn't change anytihng. If we belive that Surfer can deal with his telepathy - he wins. If we don't - he loses. Martian and Fernus still had limits, they still shown limits to their regeneration abilities, so molecular manipulation and other physical attacks are usefull. Fernus defeated Superman two times: by phasing and by TP. Currently, I belive that certain types of TP should work on Surfer, just not mind-r@ping and not illusions. Psi-bolts wouldn't be too effective, but controlling Surfer's brain and body would be intresting.

I agree. I don't buy into the surfer being a stronger telepath than a Martian. I think the Martian's only chance of winning would be TP..Any scans of the Surfer's TP resistance?

IMO normal TP won't work, but there are many ways of using telepathy. Normal shouldn't work because of this:
Surfer can't be defeated in Astral Plane p1
Surfer can't be defeated in Astral Plane p2
   Here are some of his TP feats:
Surfer calming down Galandorian's p2
Surfer calming down Galandorian's p1

I know that he can be controlled by magic-TP, but that is irrelevant. Controlling his body seems to be only usefull way, but I am not sure how it will end, since Surfer's best powers are controlled by his mind anyway. For this moment I am closer to say Fernus, but I am not sure about the outcome.
Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Needlebay

Fernus brings a lot more to the table than TP and just because he can resist one character doesn't mean he can resist Fernus. Two entirely different beings. Unless it was stated that Surfer is immune to TP, I'm going with Fernus.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Needlebay said:

Fernus brings a lot more to the table than TP and just because he can resist one character doesn't mean he can resist Fernus. Two entirely different beings. Unless it was stated that Surfer is immune to TP, I'm going with Fernus.

He is in astral plane, but there are much more ways of using tp. 
Other Fernus powers could be easily dealt with by Surfer.
Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Needlebay

Astral plane or not, I still give it to Fernus. Fernus is a high level TP user.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Needlebay said:

Astral plane or not, I still give it to Fernus. Fernus is a high level TP user.

I have similar point of view right now, but we have to remember that  Fernus lacks of subtlety and he would need it against Surfer's immunity in astral plane.
bunnieswithtophats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666 said:

@bunnieswithtophats said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

IMO normal TP won't work, but there are many ways of using telepathy. Normal shouldn't work because of this:
Here are some of his TP feats:
I know that he can be controlled by magic-TP, but that is irrelevant. Controlling his body seems to be only usefull way, but I am not sure how it will end, since Surfer's best powers are controlled by his mind anyway. For this moment I am closer to say Fernus, but I am not sure about the outcome.

Wow. Yeah, surfer has the advantage.

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Needlebay

Showing pics of beings that aren't on par with Fernus isn't proof that Surfer has the advantage.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Needlebay said:

Showing pics of beings that aren't on par with Fernus isn't proof that Surfer has the advantage.

His point was probably that Surfer himself is capable of planet level telepathy, can take Psi-Bolts like nothing, break from powerfull spell  and that he is immune to telepathy in Astral Plane.
Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Needlebay

This fight won't be in the astral plane and Surfer isn't immune to TP attacks, so I don't see how he wins.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#34  Edited By Saren

@Killemall said:

Fernus

In character, nearly every-time.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

Morals on Silver Surfer would lose.

Morals off would be a more interesting battle.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Fernus wins.

Avatar image for maninthemountain
ManInTheMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ManInTheMountain

@needlebay: surfer can make it in astral plane, because he can manipulate it. Your argument is invalid

Surfer ftw

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By XiiX

Fernus.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dondave

Fernus

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Kingant27

Silver Surfer is way too versatile, Fenrus won't make a difference.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fernus

Darlur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer easily.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fernus

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@needlebay: Silver Surfer has resisted TP from Moondragon, with the mind fem.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By XiiX

@kingant27: And Thor has damaged a Celestial, Spider-Man has a win over a herald of Galactus, Captain America has KOd a(about)class 80 strength villain with durability to match, Hulk has thunder-clapped a dimension, Superman has one-shotted Despero with heat vision, and Deathstroke has made a fool of The Flash and Green Lantern more times than Surfer has displayed that level of telepathic resistance(that I'm aware of).

They're often referred to as inordinately high-showings or PIS for a reason.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By darkseid1006

I'm leaning towards Fernus because of Silver Surfer not being immune to TP (effectively meaning if Fernus can't mindrape him he can still effect him with it) and the fact that a WM Thor managed to KO Surfer through brute strength so I do t see why Fernus could not engage him physically and beat him up a bit.

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Hulkman123

Silver Surfer

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Kingant27

@darkseid1006: yes he is, as I have already stated above, he has resisted Moondragon with the Mind gem, which is probably one of the best resistance to telepathy feat ever.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By reaverlation

@kingant27: IIRC Moondragon didn't have full access to the mind gem and in that same story,Surfer was mind controlled by Goddess and Goddess isn't on J'onn's level.She couldn't breach Thor's mind when she had it but Xavier has no sold Thor with telepathy and Moondragon has controlled Thor easily without the mind gem.So Surfer really resisted Moondragon but Fernus is a better telepath so Fernus can and will TP Surfer

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Kingant27

@reaverlation: (So Surfer really resisted Moondragon but Fernus is a better telepath so Fernus can and will TP Surfer); while I agree that Fenrus is a better Telepath, Moondragon had to be an extremely powerful telepath to be selected to be the wielder of the mind gem, and Silver Surfer clearly portrays that TP didn't affect him.

Silver Surfer is superior, it is the same as Silver Surfer vs Martian Manhunter... Silver Surfer period.

The only difference is he is slightly stronger/ more well rounded character, which will be useless as he lacks the versatile.

What stoping Silver Surfer from opening a few Black holes in or near Fenrus, or even manipulating the liquid inside Fenrus's body.