Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Omniscience

PLEASE READ THE OP!!!!!

PLOT: After the thrashing Loki received by Hulk in the Avengers Movie, he has finally washed his hands of conquering Earth. Now, he wants it GONE. Using his power, he brainwashes the SILVER SURFER into possessing a savage hatred for Earth! Now, Silver Surfer is coming for Earth, overspilling with the Power Cosmic. What can the (comic book) Avengers (starring within the film- so that's HULK, THOR, CAP, BLACK WIDOW, IRON-MAN, HAWK-EYE, but NOT actual MOVIE VERSIONS) do to stop the Surfer now that he is blood-lusted?

BATTLE RULES:

1. Surfer is One Hour away from Earth,so Avengers (that starred in the film) get that time for prep.

2. In that hour, Surfer is continuously amping up using the Power Cosmic. Surfer isTRAVELLING AT A CONSTANT SPEED (so that means no super quick sneak attack)!

3. Surfer will BUST the planet if he reaches within 5 miles of the Earth's crust (like he did to the planet when dealing with Ravenous).

4. ALL CHARACTERS are FROM THE COMIC BOOK, but only the avengers FROM THE MOVIE can participate, at CURRENT comic book strength.

5. Hulk is SAVAGE, just like from the Avengers Movie, and can reverse into Banner during Prep Time.

6. One character may be blood-lusted from Avengers if this battle is a stomp against them.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By bigcimmerian

Silver Surfer wins, effortless curbstomp

RoyHarperBLOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RoyHarperBLOW

@BigCimmerian said:

RoyHarperBLOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RoyHarperBLOW

@Omniscience: Sorry but this is a mismatch.

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By The_Soverighn

BFR

Avatar image for samuel_larson_10
samuel_larson_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By samuel_larson_10

@RoyHarperBLOW said:

@Omniscience: Sorry but this is a mismatch.

not really too much of a mismatch, there is a chance thor could fly out and beat him especially blood lusted since warrior madness thor is pretty darn powerful

tuananhxu99001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tuananhxu99001

Thor can have a chance, all characters all current COMIC BOOK strenght

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Omniscience

Yes, I was hoping the seasoned viners would use Thor or Hulk creatively, particularly when given the battle rules (the prep and blood-lust possibility). On a side-note, this is my first battle thread!

stonerthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By stonerthps

@Omniscience: How do you figure he's an hour from earth? Do you know how fast the SS is? They wouldn't even have a chance to react and hulk is a nonfactor. I also doubt the ability of loki to mind control silver surfer. Aside from when he had the obedience ring he shown to be pretty immune to mind control.

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Omniscience

@stonerthps Well, I did say that Surfer is an hour away from earth right? I don't care if he's travelling at light speed or whistling along the cosmic highway in his grandma's trolley scooter- it will take ONE HOUR. And before you say a character is a non factor- give it some thought. Obviously I know that sending hulk to jump and punch Surfer is a bit of a stretch- but then again, I am asking you kindly to be creative. The team has an hour prep- and in that time you can turn a non factor into the straw that broke the camel's back.

Side-note: You underestimate Loki? Anyhow, its my thread, my plot. Yours is to determine the eventualities resulting from it, mine the fabric that makes it.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is comic SS vs movie Avengers he stomps.

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Omniscience

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub: Only the avengers that starred in the Movie, (SO THAT IS THOR, HULK, BLACK WIDOW, HAWK-EYE, IRON MAN, CAP) but NOT the actual movie versions! Man, that would be one HELL of a curbstomp! They have all their experience and whatnot as usual!!!

ITS ALL IN THE ORIGINAL POST! :)

Edit: I had to edit this because people were becoming confused as to this being movie characters fighting. No no no- it is the comic book avengers fighting, but only the team set up from the movie can participate (because there have been so many variations to the Avengers team). Surfer is also comic book character at current levels.

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Omniscience

@tuananhxu99001: exactly.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Omniscience said:

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub: Only the avengers that starred in the Movie, but at current comic book strength levels. Its all in the OP! :)

Thor and Thorbuster Iron man might have a chance if they play it really smartly.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Simon_the_digger

@BigCimmerian said:

Avatar image for killer_of_trolls
Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

@Guardian_of_Gravity said:

@Omniscience said:

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub: Only the avengers that starred in the Movie, but at current comic book strength levels. Its all in the OP! :)

Thor and Thorbuster Iron man might have a chance if they play it really smartly.

what has thor done? Movie Tony never built that.

@Omniscience: is this comic SS, or Movie SS.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bigcimmerian

@Omniscience said:

Yes, I was hoping the seasoned viners would use Thor or Hulk creatively, particularly when given the battle rules (the prep and blood-lust possibility). On a side-note, this is my first battle thread!

Well, as a Thor fan I must say that he doesn't stand much of a chance here. Bloodlusted Surfer would destroy the Earth with minimal effort. Every hero except Thor would be dead, because they cannot survive in the space. Bloodlusted Thor could beat morals on Surfer, but here Surfer could turn him into chicken with his matter manipulation powers. Warrior madness Thor could beat the Surfer, but since you said Earth vs Silver Surfer, then Earth is screwed.

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Omniscience

@BigCimmerian: I still think you are just imagining the team to wait for one hour doing nothing. Do not forget that Hulk may be Bruce Banner, and you have Iron Man- 2 of the smartest people on earth- they could prepare anything they'd like. Thor has the possibility of increasing in power, flying out to meet the Surfer etc... please, instead of just saying 'Earth is screwed', take time to think about the possibilities. For these reasons I would argue Earth ain't so doomed.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By SoA

surfer stops before entering the atmosphere and annihilates earth with a concentrated blast.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Killemall

@Guardian_of_Gravity said:

@Omniscience said:

Against a surfer who's using his powers properly (i.e. which NEVER happens in the comics). I highly doubt that. Neither of them as fast enough, neither have immunity to molecule manipulation and SS has 2 counts of planetary level molecule manipulation, and recent Defenders issue would tell he's pretty damn ruthless.

Unless Stark can come up with something solid, specially something that counter surfer's ability to go intangible, its a hard battle for the earth.

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By hudyman

If you think about it the surfer has no chance, let me explain.

Earth Has billions of heros and allies, the avengers could just ask lets say ben 10 ( yeah i know lame but just listen) he has an alien called alien X who could solo the silver surfer lol infact alien X would make it that the silver surfer ends up in either another dimension or another galaxy. .

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xeon1cs

Surfer pretty much crushes every single person in his way.

crabtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By crabtree

Hulk wins.

NightThrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NightThrasher

@crabtree said:

Hulk wins.

No. SS would utterly smash the Hulk in this scenario.

The only chance they have is if Thor gets warriors madness and charges out there before SS gets close enough to Earth to blast it. With no morals, SS could trash all of them except for maybe Thor. They would need an amazing plot device to stop SS, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce Banner and Tony Stark found a way to beat the SS before he got to Earth.

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Omniscience

@NightThrasher: I totally agree with you. I would say the big opportunity to save Earth is with the Prep and with Thor. Iron man could probably muster up a suit do something...

CaptainDoeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CaptainDoeo

I don't think this is a terrible battle. Give team Avengers way more prep. At least a week though. Black Widow, Cap, and Hawkeye are nonfactors here unless Tony builds them suits.

mcool135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mcool135

EARTH DESTROYED!

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Omniscience

@mcool135: ah man come on, at least give a reason! I can give you some reasons why Earth ain't destroyed. Give me something to work with! :)

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bo88gdan

Silver surfer FTW

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Omniscience

@Bo88gdan: ................ why?????

mcool135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mcool135

@Omniscience said:

@mcool135: ah man come on, at least give a reason! I can give you some reasons why Earth ain't destroyed. Give me something to work with! :)

Surfer open's a hyperspace portal and arrives at earth faster then anyone expected, then proceeds to use the power cosmic to obliterate earth out of existence. It will all be over before anyone knew what hit them.

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Omniscience

@mcool135: I dunno if I should make it clearer, but Silver Surfer is travelling at a constant speed, so that the Team know that he will arrive in exactly ONE HOUR. There is no open a portal and blow s**t up sneak attack style lol! What do you say now?

mcool135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mcool135

@Omniscience said:

@mcool135: I dunno if I should make it clearer, but Silver Surfer is travelling at a constant speed, so that the Team know that he will arrive in exactly ONE HOUR. There is no open a portal and blow s**t up sneak attack style lol! What do you say now?

Well I really don't see how he is excluded from opening up a Hyperspace window seeing as he uses it everyday as his normal transportation. Aside from that, if he is one hour away I don't think they will have enough time for prep, Silver Surfer will be in space getting ready to blast earth, the only people who can even get into space are Iron-man and Thor, but in the movie Iron-man does not have the capabilities to go into space yet. So that put's him out of the battle along with Hawkeye, Hulk, Captain America, and Black Widow. If it is blood lusted Thor I see him standing a slight chance, but given their power sets and abilities Surfer has an edge over Thor. Thus having me come to the conclusion that earth is doomed.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By dondave

@Omniscience:Could thor become odin-force thor or Rune King thor

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dondave

@mcool135:Omniscience is just trying the make the battle interesting by giving them an hour for prep, its his plot let him do what he wants with it

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By hudyman

This whole battle is just crazy I mean why do the avengers have to be the only ones who defend earth when there are way more powerful heros on earth!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dondave

@hudyman: its his plot he can do whatever he wants to do with it

mcool135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mcool135

@dondave said:

@mcool135:Omniscience is just trying the make the battle interesting by giving them an hour for prep, its his plot let him do what he wants with it

I never said I had a problem with it. What are you talking about?

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Vaeternus

Earth

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#40  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@mcool135 said:

@Omniscience said:

Well I really don't see how he is excluded from opening up a Hyperspace window seeing as he uses it everyday as his normal transportation. Aside from that, if he is one hour away I don't think they will have enough time for prep, Silver Surfer will be in space getting ready to blast earth, the only people who can even get into space are Iron-man and Thor, but in the movie Iron-man does not have the capabilities to go into space yet. So that put's him out of the battle along with Hawkeye, Hulk, Captain America, and Black Widow. If it is blood lusted Thor I see him standing a slight chance, but given their power sets and abilities Surfer has an edge over Thor. Thus having me come to the conclusion that earth is doomed.

Surfer hangs out past Jupiter for an hour he then opens a hyperspace portal inside earths atmosphere completely destabilizing it and killing every person on that planet except Thor  
The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The_Roman

@hudyman: Read the OP.

Only Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Hulk, and Nick Fury are in this fight.

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Omniscience

@mcool135: Yo, I said already that this is NOT the movie versions of any character. The only reference to a movie here is the arrangement of the Avengers. Please, read the OP! :)

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AngryHulks

Considering that Thor and Beta Ray Bill fought Silver Surfer in comic several times, I don't see how Silver Surfer is going to get away with this easily, especially in character.

mcool135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mcool135

@Omniscience said:

@mcool135: Yo, I said already that this is NOT the movie versions of any character. The only reference to a movie here is the arrangement of the Avengers. Please, read the OP! :)

Well you make it very confusing, so which version of Ironman's suit is this? Even though it doesn't matter because Silver Surfer would use his cosmic powers to render Tony useless.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By Floopay

Thor I think is the only one who can stand his ground against Surfer. That's what'll make this an even match in my opinion. Thor has beaten Surfer at least once I believe, but I also think Surfer has stalemated him. Someone will have to back me up on this. I think Surfer will lose though.

Tony has a lot of tech, and I think in one hour he could use a good amount of it to give the Surfer some trouble, especially if he's dealing with Thor as well.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

kameo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By kameo

Kim Possible saves the day.

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Omniscience

@mcool135: Its the Tony up until now in the comics... sheeeesh! So he has all access to all of his suits that are intact..

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#48  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Killemall:

recent Defenders issue would tell he's pretty damn ruthless.

What did Norrin do...? Him ruthless is a scary thought.

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Lord_Johnathan

@Floopay said:

Thor I think is the only one who can stand his ground against Surfer. That's what'll make this an even match in my opinion. Thor has beaten Surfer at least once I believe, but I also think Surfer has stalemated him. Someone will have to back me up on this. I think Surfer will lose though.

Tony has a lot of tech, and I think in one hour he could use a good amount of it to give the Surfer some trouble, especially if he's dealing with Thor as well.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Would an upgraded Thorbuster suit (to be as many times better as his bleeding edge suit as the thorbuster was to his regular suit) be of any use?

mcool135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mcool135

@Omniscience: It still really doesn't matter no version of Tony could be Surfer unless he has a suit that could fight cosmic entities.