• 76 results
#1 Edited by TheTruthIII (816 posts) - - Show Bio

SILVER SURFER (Post-Annihilation Upgrade)

VS

DOOMSDAY(H/P)

Rules

No BFR

Win by death/knockout

Both characters are BLOODLUSTED

Battlefield in on the moon (indestructible)

Who wins and why?

#2 Posted by Thanofleeze (2424 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the first time I've ever felt bad for Doomsday :(

#3 Posted by Darkbiscuit (689 posts) - - Show Bio

SS stump

#4 Posted by RetconCrisis (3338 posts) - - Show Bio

H/P Doomsday killed the Radiant, a being of pure energy by negating his power source and ripping the poor guy in half. He can probably do the same with the Power Cosmic. However, that's if he tags him. Doomsday is faster than the Flash, and has the reaction time to tag the Flash, but he doesn't use that too often. I'd say Surfer 6/10, unless Doomsday utilizes his full newly-adapted speed.

#5 Posted by TheTruthIII (816 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by Thanofleeze (2424 posts) - - Show Bio

@retconcrisis said:

H/P Doomsday killed the Radiant, a being of pure energy by negating his power source and ripping the poor guy in half. He can probably do the same with the Power Cosmic. However, that's if he tags him. Doomsday is faster than the Flash, and has the reaction time to tag the Flash, but he doesn't use that too often. I'd say Surfer 6/10, unless Doomsday utilizes his full newly-adapted speed.

Flash the fastest there is!

#7 Posted by Experio (14130 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer

#8 Posted by RetconCrisis (3338 posts) - - Show Bio

@retconcrisis said:

Flash the fastest there is!

Nope. Zoom is.

"My name is Hunter Zolomon. Despite what the public believes, I am the fastest man alive."

#9 Posted by Thanofleeze (2424 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by Darkbiscuit (689 posts) - - Show Bio

Two words: Silver Surfer

#11 Posted by RetconCrisis (3338 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanofleeze: Wally already knows... Muahahahahaha.

Zoom - diminishing people's self confidence since 2001.

#12 Edited by TheTruthIII (816 posts) - - Show Bio

Two words: Silver Surfer

Not really an explanation...

#13 Posted by velle37 (6041 posts) - - Show Bio

If Surfer has the ability to de-evolve organisms, he could push Doomsday genetically back to a weaker point in his evolution chain and kill him in that state. But if he can do that, how fast can he do that before Doomsday makes him paste, and/or adapts to the power cosmic and overcomes it?

#14 Posted by Thanofleeze (2424 posts) - - Show Bio

@velle37 said:

If Surfer has the ability to de-evolve organisms, he could push Doomsday genetically back to a weaker point in his evolution chain and kill him in that state. But if he can do that, how fast can he do that before Doomsday makes him paste, and/or adapts to the power cosmic and overcomes it?

#15 Edited by _Atomikill_ (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

Spite...

#16 Edited by velle37 (6041 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanofleeze said:

@velle37 said:

Doomsday adapting to Waverider's energies.

Completely immune to The Radiant's energy projection after having been "killed" by it (though it woke up later under earth's crust).

Doomsday adapting to a Guardian's energy, possibly even feeding on it...

#17 Edited by CaptnMcDeadpool (951 posts) - - Show Bio

SILVER SURFER (Post-Annihilation Upgrade)

VS

DOOMSDAY(H/P)

Rules

No BFR

Win by death/knockout

Battlefield in on the moon (indestructible)

Who wins and why?

Are we to assume both characters are going all out? Or are we factoring in some comic PIS here?

#18 Posted by tensor (3867 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday hp for sure

#19 Edited by TheMagicStik (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

If Silver Surfer actually used his powers to the fullest I could see him winning but since he never does ever Doomsday slaughters him.

#20 Edited by GoldKing (286 posts) - - Show Bio

H/P Doomsday will adapt to Surfer just by sensing his energies. Surfer gets smashed. By the time of the Hunter/Prey storyline, Doomsday didn't have to be killed to adapt. He could literally adapt on the fly, just by sensing you and your power. He then adapts to exploit it (as well as adapting to be immune to it).

Only way Surfer gets out of this one is if Big-G shows up to save the day.

#21 Edited by termiteone4ever (6985 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer doesn't stand a chance .

Its best if surfer runs away on his little board . DOOMSDAY Slaughters .

First off Doomsday adapts to time / all sorts energy power cosmic or any energy its not going to work out well for surfer . I am not sure but i think this thread had been done before

#22 Posted by termiteone4ever (6985 posts) - - Show Bio

If Silver Surfer actually used his powers to the fullest I could see him winning but since he never does ever Doomsday slaughters him.

So let me just ask a question . What power is surfer going to use ? to stop doomsday ? Now if doomsday adapts to him range wise you know the fight is over . ?

#23 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (951 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer doesn't stand a chance .

Its best if surfer runs away on his little board . DOOMSDAY Slaughters .

First off Doomsday adapts to time / all sorts energy power cosmic or any energy its not going to work out well for surfer . I am not sure but i think this thread had been done before

Cool. I've not seen these. School me. Scans/issue numbers?

@themagicstik said:

So let me just ask a question . What power is surfer going to use ? to stop doomsday ? Now if doomsday adapts to him range wise you know the fight is over . ?

What about transmutation? Would that work? And what if Surfer if going all out? How does he deal with the fact that Surfer is much faster than him and flies?

Just curious.

#24 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16944 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer stomps. DD will be reduced to skeleton, which means he won't comeback. As he didn't against Imperiex.

@themagicstik said:

DD doesn't adapt instantly. He had to die from Radiant's hand to evolve past his power. As much as he needed to die in DoS to get all these tricks against Superman, Martian etc, since he fought with them before his death.

He never fought with PC user. He never resisted matter manipulation. And he can be killed permanently, only condition is destroying his body, not just put leave him unconscious/dead will whole body in one piece.

#25 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer stomps. DD will be reduced to skeleton, which means he won't comeback. As he didn't against Imperiex.

@termiteone4ever said:

@themagicstik said:

DD doesn't adapt instantly. He had to die from Radiant's hand to evolve past his power. As much as he needed to die in DoS to get all these tricks against Superman, Martian etc, since he fought with them before his death.

He never fought with PC user. He never resisted matter manipulation. And he can be killed permanently, only condition is destroying his body, not just put leave him unconscious/dead will whole body in one piece.

Thanks for clearing this up czarny. Some people seem to have a habit of wanking Doomsday's adaptation ability.

#26 Posted by DeathandGrim (2003 posts) - - Show Bio

@velle37 said:

how do people write for this character again?

seriously?

#27 Edited by TheMagicStik (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: Something I want to point out is Silver Surfer is not much stronger than Radiant and he is far weaker than Imperiex, if Doomsday can tank blasts unharmed from Radiant then he can tank blasts from Silver Surfer like pretty much any high tier durability Marvel character can.

#28 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16944 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@termiteone4ever said:

@themagicstik said:

Thanks for clearing this up czarny. Some people seem to have a habit of wanking Doomsday's adaptation ability.

I know. This guy was defeated more than once, didn't really win with superman - ever, he just stalemated once and once neither was KOd. His clone lost to Superman two times. IF he would adapt in way people are suggesting, he would create krpytonite or red sun radiation in thier first encounter. He isn't Darwin.

#29 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3215 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Edited by GoldKing (286 posts) - - Show Bio

DD doesn't adapt instantly. He had to die from Radiant's hand to evolve past his power.

Yes, in Hunter/Prey "Present Day" he most definitely does adapt instantly. That which you are referring about Radiant killing him took place before the events of DoS. But by the time of the H/P arc, he was basically unbeatable, save for BFR. (Which is all they could do to stop him)

All the other ways he was stopped post-H/P storyline was after DC took him down a notch or two and basically depowered him; pulling him back from being so unbeatable. Because since they wanted to keep using him, they couldn't keep him at such a high level.

#31 Edited by GhostRider2 (3268 posts) - - Show Bio

SS curbstomp...matter manipulation, end of Doomsday.

#32 Edited by czarny_samael666 (16944 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: Something I want to point out is Silver Surfer is not much stronger than Radiant and he is far weaker than Imperiex, if Doomsday can tank blasts unharmed from Radiant then he can tank blasts from Silver Surfer like pretty much any high tier durability Marvel character can.

1.Surfer is on whole different level than Radiant. Radiant best feat is leveling 1/5 of planet's surface, which is nowhere near planet level feats.

2.Remember - DD NEVER tanked Radiant's attack. He was killed by that shot.

3.Doomsday didn't evolve to Radiant's power instantly, or even in the same battle. He had to die to evolve past it. And he didn't evolve to point in which he would be able to tank that kind of attack with so much force. No, he evolved to point where that kind of energy stopped wroking on him at all. THAT kind of energy, not ALL kinds of energy.

4.It doesn't matter how strong is Imperiex. DD's body was in one piece only after leveling 20% of planet surface, ergo DD's supporters can't prove that even 5% better shot wouldn't do with Doomsday, what Imperiex have done. They simply doesn't have prove for that.

@goldking said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

DD doesn't adapt instantly. He had to die from Radiant's hand to evolve past his power.

Yes, in Hunter/Prey "Present Day" he most definitely does adapt instantly. That which you are referring about Radiant killing him took place before the events of DoS. But by the time of the H/P arc, he was basically unbeatable, save for BFR. (Which is all they could do to stop him)

All the other ways he was stopped post-H/P storyline was after DC took him down a notch or two and basically depowered him; pulling him back from being so unbeatable. Because since they wanted to keep using him, they couldn't keep him at such a high level.

No, he didn't. He didn't evolve past BFR, his enemies still could touch and affect him. He didn't evolve past Darkseid's OB - they still hit him. He didn't evolve past Imperiex beam - he could teleport himself, become intangible, shrunnk to atoms and evade his beam or grow like Hank Pym, so it would destroy only fragment of his body. If he would do what You're saying - he would do all these things.

DD fomr Hunter/Pray didn't get ANY boost to his adaptive abilities. He just - after DoS - adapted to powers that were used on him by JLA and to a point were he was more powerfull than DoS Superman. That is all. And even Darkseid said that he evolve BECAUSE of fight with Superman to point above Superman. If he would be unbeatable, than it wouldn't matter who attacked him... Imperiex or even Lucifer Mornignstar - he still would evolve to survive (not means he would win, means that he would survive). The same H/P DD was kidnapped by Braniac and taken control by his telepathy. If he could, he would adapt to his all his actions instantly. He didn't. Not to mention, that it would be on You to prove that Power Cosmic doesn't work on him, not on me that it does.

He wasn't depowered. He got killed by Imperiex.

#33 Posted by DarkRaiden (6538 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer wins. Hard to adapt to blackholes, matter manipulation, and it's impossible to adapt to the Power Cosmic considering that it's like...the energy of the universe or w/e. And at the end of the day, Surfer could always access the energies of something like the Crunch again and completely obliterate him. Oh and also bring him to the Astral Plane and destroy him there.

#34 Posted by Thanofleeze (2424 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: I hate to switch sides all of a sudden, but I think DD has survived black holes before... or was that just Lobo?

#35 Posted by SheenLantern (6205 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday

#36 Posted by DarkRaiden (6538 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: I hate to switch sides all of a sudden, but I think DD has survived black holes before... or was that just Lobo?

He'd still have to get past Matter Manip, being literally devolved, and Universe levels of energy being thrown at him. Oh and astral plane stuff.

#37 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna have to go with Silver Surfer

#38 Edited by Omnicrono (1613 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by velle37 (6041 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to go with Doomsday.

Waverider's power is the closest to Surfer's and he reflected it back at him. He was unphased by an assault by a Guardian.

He ripped Radiant apart even though he is made out of energy.

And he tanked the Omega Beams and beat down Darkseid.

Doomsday should win.

#40 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

#41 Posted by GoldKing (286 posts) - - Show Bio

@goldking said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

No, he didn't. He didn't evolve past BFR, his enemies still could touch and affect him. He didn't evolve past Darkseid's OB - they still hit him. He didn't evolve past Imperiex beam - he could teleport himself, become intangible, shrunnk to atoms and evade his beam or grow like Hank Pym, so it would destroy only fragment of his body. If he would do what You're saying - he would do all these things.

DD fomr Hunter/Pray didn't get ANY boost to his adaptive abilities. He just - after DoS - adapted to powers that were used on him by JLA and to a point were he was more powerfull than DoS Superman. That is all. And even Darkseid said that he evolve BECAUSE of fight with Superman to point above Superman. If he would be unbeatable, than it wouldn't matter who attacked him... Imperiex or even Lucifer Mornignstar - he still would evolve to survive (not means he would win, means that he would survive). The same H/P DD was kidnapped by Braniac and taken control by his telepathy. If he could, he would adapt to his all his actions instantly. He didn't. Not to mention, that it would be on You to prove that Power Cosmic doesn't work on him, not on me that it does.

He wasn't depowered. He got killed by Imperiex.

Again, everything that happened to him post-Hunter/Prey arc wasn't H/P Doomsday. As much as you want it to be, it wasn't. That's like saying Zeus beat the hell out of World Breaker Hulk simply because Hulk claimed he was at World Breaking levels. No.

Also, that's why I said DD would most definitely beat Surfer...UNLESS Big-G showed up to save the day. There comes a point where certain beings are just too powerful for even H/P Doomsday. And I'd say an angry Galactus is one of them. At least unless H/P Doomsday was given a millennia to adapt, which I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

As far as adapting instantly, I didn't say he had precog-like adaptiveness. I said he adapts instantly....as in, when someone used a sound-gun on him, he immediately adapted to overcome it, literally AS it was being used on him, that instant. That's one example. Him being knocked away by the Omega Beams doesn't mean he didn't adapt to them. It means they were extremely freaking powerful and within the span of a second, they hit him hard and knocked him down. A bunch a rubble and crap fell on him, then moments later, he rose and attacked Darkseid like nothing had happened.

BFR is not something that can be adapted to.

Doomsday's durability has been proven. It's your turn to prove that he can't beat SS. And no, just saying "He CAN NOT adapt to the power cosmic" doesn't count. Prove it.

#42 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16944 posts) - - Show Bio

@velle37:

1.Darkseid's OB aren't as powerfull as Surfer's blasts.

2.DD had to die to defeat Radiant.

3.It doesn't prove that his body can't turned into dust, like Imperiex did.

4.What proves that Wverrider's power level is similar to Surfer's?

5.IIRC Guardians won with Doomsday, so there is no feat for him there. Surfer also tanked blast from Galactus, but since he was defeated we can't say hom much power Galactus used. For sure not all of it.

Doomsday

Based on?

@goldking said:

Again, everything that happened to him post-Hunter/Prey arc wasn't H/P Doomsday. As much as you want it to be, it wasn't. That's like saying Zeus beat the hell out of World Breaker Hulk simply because Hulk claimed he was at World Breaking levels. No.

Also, that's why I said DD would most definitely beat Surfer...UNLESS Big-G showed up to save the day. There comes a point where certain beings are just too powerful for even H/P Doomsday. And I'd say an angry Galactus is one of them. At least unless H/P Doomsday was given a millennia to adapt, which I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

As far as adapting instantly, I didn't say he had precog-like adaptiveness. I said he adapts instantly....as in, when someone used a sound-gun on him, he immediately adapted to overcome it, literally AS it was being used on him, that instant. That's one example. Him being knocked away by the Omega Beams doesn't mean he didn't adapt to them. It means they were extremely freaking powerful and within the span of a second, they hit him hard and knocked him down. A bunch a rubble and crap fell on him, then moments later, he rose and attacked Darkseid like nothing had happened.

BFR is not something that can be adapted to.

Doomsday's durability has been proven. It's your turn to prove that he can't beat SS. And no, just saying "He CAN NOT adapt to the power cosmic" doesn't count. Prove it.

1.Unless there is on panel prove that DD was depowered - he wasn't. Hulk was at WWHulk level when he fought with Zeus.

2.There is no proof that DD can tank Surfer's blast and no, his durability wasn't proved.

3.He doesn't adapts instantly - if he would, Imperiex, Superman and Darkseid wouldn't hit him and Waverider wouldn't be able to BFR him.

He can not adapt to power cosmic, because You didn't prove he can.

#43 Posted by Mxyzptlk_CV (1088 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday wins...SS is vastly overrated in these forums...

#44 Edited by Mxyzptlk_CV (1088 posts) - - Show Bio

@velle37 said:

I have to go with Doomsday.

Waverider's power is the closest to Surfer's and he reflected it back at him. He was unphased by an assault by a Guardian.

He ripped Radiant apart even though he is made out of energy.

And he tanked the Omega Beams and beat down Darkseid.

Doomsday should win.

Agree 100%..The fight with Radiant is exactly how the fight against SS would go...

#45 Posted by GhostRider2 (3268 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday wins...SS is vastly overrated in these forums...

#46 Posted by Perethorn (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

The Surfer

#47 Posted by New_World_Order (12495 posts) - - Show Bio

DD

#48 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by HyperViper97 (1342 posts) - - Show Bio

HP adapts instantly, surfer shouldn't be able to do anything to him

#50 Posted by marvelfan123 (451 posts) - - Show Bio