Silver Surfer vs Cyborg Superman (without the Power Rings)

• 138 results
White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By White Phantom

They both have some awesome powers, who do you think would win?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By King_Saturn

White Phantom says:

"They both have some awesome powers, who do you think would win?"

Yeah but I think Cyborg Superman might need his power rings to pull off a win against SS.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vrakmul

The surfer has no machinery for Cyborg superman to turn against him. And surfer can be as strong as he wants so he can bash the slower Cyborg superman to pieces. Or he can just phase through him and rip out his CPU and all other Vital machinery.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By White Phantom

I think it depends on where this fight takes place. Oh right, I'm the one who decides where it takes place.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vrakmul

Either way. Surfer creates a black hole inside Henshaw and watches him die, wait you can't watch someone die too a black hole. Dangit!

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By White Phantom

Dreadnaught says:

"Either way. Surfer creates a black hole inside Henshaw and watches him die, wait you can't watch someone die too a black hole. Dangit!"

Could he even do that?

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vrakmul

White Phantom says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Either way. Surfer creates a black hole inside Henshaw and watches him die, wait you can't watch someone die too a black hole. Dangit!"

Could he even do that?

"

He can generate micro black holes. Not stellar mass Normal ones though. Or he could create a strangelet and watch it consume all of Henshaw and convert his matter into more strangelets.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn

Dreadnaught says:

"White Phantom says:
"Dreadnaught says:
Could he even do that? "
He can generate micro black holes. Not stellar mass *Normal ones* though. Or he could create a strangelet and watch it consume all of Henshaw and convert his matter into more strangelets. "

Even thought Silver Surfer would pound Hank. I like Cyborg Superman ! Simly because his cyborg side reminds me of a T-850 Terminator Endo Skeleton. He looks so cool.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#9  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I don't know if he'd win without the rings but Surfer's going to have to be a bit more creative than a black hole. Hank has already survived one and worse. He also doesn't need Surfer to have machinery he can control to do damage, he's physically a match for Superman and can always better himself and is capable of creating anything he can think of. Doom stole Surfer's powers with tech, so I think it'd be more than possible for Hank to do the same. Cyborg Superman with the Power Cosmic.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By White Phantom

OK, I've decided the battle takes place in Outer Space. That might be a bit more fair.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vrakmul

Buckshot says:

"I don't know if he'd win without the rings but Surfer's going to have to be a bit more creative than a black hole. Hank has already survived one and worse. He also doesn't need Surfer to have machinery he can control to do damage, he's physically a match for Superman and can always better himself and is capable of creating anything he can think of. Doom stole Surfer's powers with tech, so I think it'd be more than possible for Hank to do the same. Cyborg Superman with the Power Cosmic. "

WHat can he do about strangelets converting the very atoms in his body to more strange matter?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Henshaw has existed without a physical form (when Parallax tried to kill him), has made his body out of things other than machinery, and is capable of turning all kinds of material into his default body. These things together make me think that transmuting him into "more strange matter" won't do much.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vrakmul

Buckshot says:

"Henshaw has existed without a physical form (when Parallax tried to kill him), has made his body out of things other than machinery, and is capable of turning all kinds of material into his default body. These things together make me think that transmuting him into "more strange matter" won't do much."

And everything in the room will be fed to this chain reaction thus converting the planet into, a strange planet.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By White Phantom

White Phantom says:

"OK, I've decided the battle takes place in Outer Space. That might be a bit more fair."

Just in case no one read it the first time. In other words, Cyborg can't use the incredible technology a lot of you are imagining.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Cyborg is the incredible technology.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By White Phantom

Buckshot says:

"Cyborg *is* the incredible technology. "

I was talking about him inhabiting everything and using it to drain Surfer's powers, turn it against him, or something along that lines.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

He doesn't need additional resources, he could make a device to drain Surfer's powers from his own body.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By White Phantom

I think he would go in with a direct attack, and Surfer would probably notice if Cyborg started changing.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lordraiden

Dreadnaught says:

"The surfer has no machinery for Cyborg superman to turn against him. And surfer can be as strong as he wants so he can bash the slower Cyborg superman to pieces. Or he can just phase through him and rip out his CPU and all other Vital machinery. "

cyborg supes doesn't have a cpu! but I doubt he'd have anythying that'd take out the surfer!

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Surfer's been weakened/had his powers stolen by tech at least 3 times (Doom, Panther and Obliterator) and Obliterator even had tech that Surfer couldn't transmute if I remember right. Cyborg could cook up similar weapons with a quickness (there are other threads for Surfer's reaction times, I don't feel like doing that again) so he'd just need to point and shoot.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By White Phantom

You know, I still don't think Cyborg would first think to steal Surfer's power. I mean, when Doom stole it, it had to take some planning, and Cyborg's right in the middle of battle. His first impulse would probably be to attack Surfer head-on. I doubt he would stop and think some gizmo to steal the powers of an opponent he's never met.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lordraiden

Dreadnaught says:

"Buckshot says:
"I don't know if he'd win without the rings but Surfer's going to have to be a bit more creative than a black hole. Hank has already survived one and worse. He also doesn't need Surfer to have machinery he can control to do damage, he's physically a match for Superman and can always better himself and is capable of creating anything he can think of. Doom stole Surfer's powers with tech, so I think it'd be more than possible for Hank to do the same. Cyborg Superman with the Power Cosmic. "
WHat can he do about strangelets converting the very atoms in his body to more strange matter? "

As buckshot stated, Henshaw doesn't have to have physical form/body, so there won't be anything to transmute! and after reading buckshots posts, gonna have to go with henshaw! If anyone has read the cyborge superman oneshot from the sinestro warcorps, you'll understand where he's comming from! His goal these days, is to die! he's sick and tired of living, the reason he was working for the anti-monitor was cause he was promised by monty he would do the one thing no one else could: kill him! so i'd like to see the surfer give it his best shot!

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By White Phantom

Just because SS can't kill him doesn't mean he couldn't drive him away.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By White Phantom

Posting to bump up this topic

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

The Cyborg held his own against him in the Surfer, Green Lantern crossover, he destroyed a planet the Surfer had saved, the Surfer went at him full power and the Cyborg took it. Henshaw has incredible power and is virtually immortal, this is fight that can go to either side. I know many people don't take crossovers seriously but, it gives you a measuring stick.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By White Phantom

Fantasma Ghost says:

"The Cyborg held his own against him in the Surfer, Green Lantern crossover, he destroyed a planet the Surfer had saved, the Surfer went at him full power and the Cyborg took it. Henshaw has incredible power and is virtually immortal, this is fight that can go to either side. I know many people don't take crossovers seriously but, it gives you a measuring stick."

Yeah, I have that crossover. It's pretty much the reason I started this topic, to see what other people thought, because it had them pretty much even.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By Methos

while Surfer is powerful, i don't that he's powerful enough to kill Henshaw...

Henshaw has used his powers to collect and use energy fired against him from heroes before, i could see him doing exactly the same to surfer.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By White Phantom

Methos says:

"while Surfer is powerful, i don't that he's powerful enough to kill Henshaw...Henshaw has used his powers to collect and use energy fired against him from heroes before, i could see him doing exactly the same to surfer.,"

Good grief, who ever said that someone had to kill the other to win. I'm not saying Cyborg couldn't win, I'm just trying to point out that death isn't the deciding factor of victory, and that while Cyborg has a huge bag of tricks, so does Surfer.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Methos

i'm not saying that every battle has to end in a kill, but Henshaw won't give up, and i can't see Surfer giving up...

neither one could contain the other for too long...

M

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By White Phantom

Probably not, though in the comic he fled.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Methos

maybe...

all i can point out is that Parallax (Original) couldn't take down Henshaw for good, and Parallax was the one kicking Thanos' ass out of the picture in the Silver Surfer / Green Lantern crossover

M

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By White Phantom

I think it depends on if Cyborg has a strategy, because if he had a plan and new Surfer, then he would win. But if he had zip in the strategy and Surfer departments it'd be a very close win for either of them.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Strategy or no, I stand by Cyborg. And notice, I never said anything about killing. Not Surfer needing to kill him (though he would have to since Henshaw fights as a way to find death so he wouldn't stop until he was dead) or him needing to kill Surfer. From my first post I said Henshaw would steal Surfer's powers.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By White Phantom

Buckshot says:

"Strategy or no, I stand by Cyborg. And notice, I never said anything about killing. Not Surfer needing to kill him (though he would have to since Henshaw fights as a way to find death so he wouldn't stop until he was dead) or him needing to kill Surfer. From my first post I said Henshaw would steal Surfer's powers. "

He might if the battle goes on long enough. But I stand by what I said that I don't think that would be his first impulse.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

It doesn't have to be his first thought for him to be able to do it, and it's not like Surfer can prevent him from doing so.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Apparition

White Phantom says:

"Buckshot says:
"Strategy or no, I stand by Cyborg. And notice, I never said anything about killing. Not Surfer needing to kill him (though he would have to since Henshaw fights as a way to find death so he wouldn't stop until he was dead) or him needing to kill Surfer. From my first post I said Henshaw would steal Surfer's powers. "
He might if the battle goes on long enough. But I stand by what I said that I don't think that would be his first impulse. "

then surfer would have to be able to kill him before cs moved on to stealing surfer's powers. so how would surfer do that?

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By White Phantom

Buckshot says:

"It doesn't have to be his first thought for him to be able to do it, and it's not like Surfer can prevent him from doing so."

You know, I'm agreeing with you that he could do it.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lordraiden

Apparition says:

"White Phantom says:
"Buckshot says:
He might if the battle goes on long enough. But I stand by what I said that I don't think that would be his first impulse. "
then surfer would have to be able to kill him before cs moved on to stealing surfer's powers. so how would surfer do that?"

He wouldn't, I believe! as stated, everyone from parralax, to darkseid to the anti-monitor have tried taking out henshaw! I don't believe surfer will take him out!

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Methos

i love that last panel of the second image page...

where he thinks he's finally going to die and says "Thank you!" with a tear in his eye :D

M

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By Forever

If the battle went as far as shown in that last panel then I would call that a win for Surfer. Though in my opinion, Henshaw would devise a machine to siphon the Cosmic Power from Surfer, as Buckshot mentioned, and I think it would happen before Surfer could temporarily incapacitate Henshaw.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By White Phantom

Quick question, has Cyborg ever devised a machine that stole someones powers before?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Methos

White Phantom says:

"Quick question, has Cyborg ever devised a machine that stole someones powers before?"

yes... he used it on the "Energy" superman several times, including one time that resulted in his 'splitting' superman into Red and Blue variants

M

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Methos says:

"i love that last panel of the second image page... where he thinks he's finally going to die and says "Thank you!" with a tear in his eye :D M"

I loved that. I was happy for him that he got what he wanted, but sad that he was gone. Then I was happy when he came back, but sad for him.

Anyway, that was a milky way destroying explosion that knocked him out (says so on another page), just wanted to add that.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By White Phantom

Methos says:

"White Phantom says:
"Quick question, has Cyborg ever devised a machine that stole someones powers before?"

yes... he used it on the "Energy" superman several times, including one time that resulted in his 'splitting' superman into Red and Blue variants

M"

OK, well if it's a common thing for him to use, then I'll say he'd do it. But I can't go with Cyborg, Buckshot and I agree on another page, and that was almost too much :)

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By White Phantom

Posting to bump it up

Avatar image for legendary_bio_vishanti
Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. I think this is right one.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By White Phantom

Legendary Bio Vishanti says:

"Bump. I think this is right one."

OK, I take back what I said on the Re-Cap. Thank You, this was right.

Avatar image for legendary_bio_vishanti
Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

White Phantom says:

"Legendary Bio Vishanti says:
OK, I take back what I said on the Re-Cap. Thank You, this was right. "

Bow chicka wow wow, chicka bow chicka bow chicka bow wow.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By White Phantom

Legendary Bio Vishanti says:

"White Phantom says:
"Legendary Bio Vishanti says:
OK, I take back what I said on the Re-Cap. Thank You, this was right. "

Bow chicka wow wow, chicka bow chicka bow chicka bow wow."

Whatever.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By never give up

Cyborg Superman wins this recently I have found a scan of superman getting his solar energy taken away from him and he gained his strength back in a matter o seconds so cyborg superman for the win.