surfer ftw

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By acewasp23

whats captain marvel bringing to the battle?
is it just the norm capt Marvel or does he have the full power of shazam to back him up?

claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By claws

i'm guessing normal cap because of the picture is normal cap

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
Captain Marvel can win here
Taliax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Taliax

Can Surfer be knocked out? That is the only way I could see Billy winning this fight. Silver Surfer won't tire like Marvel.

thatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thatguy

Lol if its Lord Marvel Surfer should give up, but i still see regular Marvel winning. barley.

BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BatDance

if its the movie version Marvel could take him otherwise

SURFER OVERKILL

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the creator
Taliax said:
"Can Surfer be knocked out? That is the only way I could see Billy winning this fight. Silver Surfer won't tire like Marvel."
Marvel won't tire out physically. He can fight for weeks without taking a break. The only issue he would face is becoming mentally tired.
He does after all have the endurance of a god.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hadrelius

I think Marvel would take him. He was once turned inside out and survived. That's a testament to the punishment he can take.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Ferro Vida
Alpha said:
"I think Marvel would take him. He was once turned inside out and survived. That's a testament to the punishment he can take. "
That's good, considering Surfer could do that to him if he had the mind to.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hadrelius
Ferro Vida said:
"Alpha said:
"I think Marvel would take him. He was once turned inside out and survived. That's a testament to the punishment he can take. "
That's good, considering Surfer could do that to him if he had the mind to."
I've never seen the Surfer manipulate organic matter.
BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BatDance
Alpha said:
"I've never seen the Surfer manipulate organic matter. "
You haven't read him enough, this is overkill. He can change evolution of organic life across whole planets, instantly end people's lives or heal them from death's door and his power can be used with as a means to restructure atoms according to the user's mental design. He is faster than Marvel and can use his power to boost his strength much higher than Marvel. If its the movie version of Surfer Cap Marvel stomps, because all he needs to do is knock Surfer off his board

thatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By thatguy
BatDance said:
"Alpha said:
You haven't read him enough, this is overkill. He can change evolution of organic life across whole planets, instantly end people's lives or heal them from death's door and his power can be used with as a means to restructure atoms according to the user's mental design. He is faster than Marvel and can use his power to boost his strength much higher than Marvel. If its the movie version of Surfer Cap Marvel stomps, because all he needs to do is knock Surfer off his board"
I'm sorry but Marvel is one of the toughtest there is, Surfer is gonna have to kill him to beat him, Marvel regular can pull this out, drop Lord Marvel and Surfer cries like Sentry
BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BatDance

Let me put it this way, Surfer has power of Shields if he puts them up there is nothing Marvel can do to touch him. He is stronger than Marvel and also moves faster than Marvel. He can hit Marvel on 2 fronts using the energies of his body and his mentally controlled board. Surfer can blast out an arsenal of energies many times worse than Superman's heat vision with blasts as powerful as GL weapons. In the comics when you knock Surfer off his board, he is still RealityShifter/Skyfather class. He still gets back up and can still fly without the board. When you knock Marvel down he becomes Billy Batson. Surfer against Billy is a bloodbath, its OVERKILL

thatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By thatguy

I still think Cap can pull it out, Spectre even had a difficult time with CM, dont even put SS near Spectre's level.
And as for Surfer being stronger, CM is on Supes level any day, all day

I can see it going either way but its no Curbstomp for either who wins.

BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BatDance

I hate what DC has done with & to the Marvels. Spectre isn't really a good character to measure strength from, too often does he transform from DC golden boy to DC whipping boy. Surfer is more a package. In the movie he sucked he was another whipping boy but in the comics he's totally different, he fights Galactus, Kyle, Orion, Hank Henshaw, Apokolips, Hal, MxyzptIk, Uni-lord, Tenebrous, Parallax = He can physically fight it out with guys on strength levels of Superman, people who project Lantern energies and beat Skyfather RealityShifters

This is Overkill

thatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thatguy
BatDance said:
"I hate what DC has done with & to the Marvels. Spectre isn't really a good character to measure strength from, too often does he transform from DC golden boy to DC whipping boy. Surfer is more a package. In the movie he sucked he was another whipping boy but in the comics he's totally different, he fights Galactus, Kyle, Orion, Hank Henshaw, Apokolips, Hal, MxyzptIk, Uni-lord, Tenebrous, Parallax = He can physically fight it out with guys on strength levels of Superman, people who project Lantern energies and beat Skyfather RealityShiftersThis is Overkill"
It's whatever man, all i know is Lord Marvel would stomp SS and you even know that.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Matezoide2
thatguy said:
"BatDance said:
"I hate what DC has done with & to the Marvels. Spectre isn't really a good character to measure strength from, too often does he transform from DC golden boy to DC whipping boy. Surfer is more a package. In the movie he sucked he was another whipping boy but in the comics he's totally different, he fights Galactus, Kyle, Orion, Hank Henshaw, Apokolips, Hal, MxyzptIk, Uni-lord, Tenebrous, Parallax = He can physically fight it out with guys on strength levels of Superman, people who project Lantern energies and beat Skyfather RealityShiftersThis is Overkill"
It's whatever man, all i know is Lord Marvel wouls stomp SS and you even know that."
why do you keep briging up a version of a characther who isnt even used in this fight?

thatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By thatguy
Matezoide said:
"thatguy said:
"BatDance said:
It's whatever man, all i know is Lord Marvel wouls stomp SS and you even know that."
why do you keep briging up a version of a characther who isnt even used in this fight?"
Because thats a fail-safe, lol   : )    but i still believe that SS can stomp Marvel, if he even beats him its not by much.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hadrelius
BatDance said:
"Alpha said:
You haven't read him enough, this is overkill. He can change evolution of organic life across whole planets, instantly end people's lives or heal them from death's door and his power can be used with as a means to restructure atoms according to the user's mental design. He is faster than Marvel and can use his power to boost his strength much higher than Marvel. If its the movie version of Surfer Cap Marvel stomps, because all he needs to do is knock Surfer off his board"
I guess i haven't.

Thanks for the update.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By King_Saturn
Alpha said:
"BatDance said:
"Alpha said:
I guess i haven't.Thanks for the update. "
This aint Overkill... if Thor minus Odin Force can take down the Silver Surfer why cant Captain Marvel... When Captain Marvel is even faster and stronger than Thor ?
thatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By thatguy
King Saturn said:
"Alpha said:
"BatDance said:
"Alpha said:
This aint Overkill... if Thor minus Odin Force can take down the Silver Surfer why cant Captain Marvel... When Captain Marvel is even faster and stronger than Thor ?"
This.
Triumphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Triumphant

Marvel

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hadrelius
King Saturn said:
"Alpha said:
"BatDance said:
"Alpha said:
This aint Overkill... if Thor minus Odin Force can take down the Silver Surfer why cant Captain Marvel... When Captain Marvel is even faster and stronger than Thor ?"
Good point
 though that was not the Surfer that he is today.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By King_Saturn
Alpha said:
"King Saturn said:
"Alpha said:
"BatDance said:
"Alpha said:
Good point though that was not the Surfer that he is today. "
But Neither is Captain Marvel... technically Captain Marvel is Lord Marvel... or at least was

lol
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By the creator
BatDance said:

"Let me put it this way, Surfer has power of Shields if he puts them up there is nothing Marvel can do to touch him
Can you explain why then the Surfer keeps getting hit by his opponents then ?
If he has such good shields, why does he so infrequently use them ?

He is stronger than Marvel
Proof please.

and also moves faster than Marvel.
Sure he can go in to Hyperspace but I don't recall the Surfer using 'bullet time' speed effects like the Flash does and like Marvel can.
Top flight speed is less of an issue as Surfer cannot effect normal space from the Hypserspace. Acceleration is more important in this battle.

He can hit Marvel on 2 fronts using the energies of his body and his mentally controlled board.
And would result in splitting his focus.
How often have you seen the Sufer do this ?

Surfer can blast out an arsenal of energies many times worse than Superman's heat vision with blasts as powerful as GL weapons.
Superman's heat vision has been interpreted as being able to get hotter than the core of the Sun.
Please show that the Surfer can produce blasts as powerful as the output of a GL ring for us then.
Remember that a GL can encapsulate a planet in a bubble and has contained a supernova before.

In the comics when you knock Surfer off his board, he is still RealityShifter/Skyfather class.
The Surfer is not Skyfather level.

He still gets back up and can still fly without the board.
Yes he can but apparently not as fast or as manueverable.
Additionally it uses his own energy to do so, rather han relying on the board.

When you knock Marvel down he becomes Billy Batson. Surfer against Billy is a bloodbath, its OVERKILL"
How does he convert Marvel back to Billy ?
I don't recall the Surfer having control over magic ?

Alpha said:
The Surfer has grown in powwer but only to those levels he had prior to him arriving on Earth. After he arrived on Earth he had a lot of his cosmic energy drained away by the 'Sonic Shark' missile that was used on him. However subsequent to this his power levels reached very high levels in the years following.
I don't think that his powers are significately greater than those he possessed before but that he is a lot more aggressive in their use.

thatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By thatguy
the creator said:
"BatDance said:

"Let me put it this way, Surfer has power of Shields if he puts them up there is nothing Marvel can do to touch him
Can you explain why then the Surfer keeps getting hit bu his opponents then ?

Proof please.

Sure he can go in to Hyperspace but I don't recall the Surfer using 'bullet time' speed effects like the Flash does and like Marvel can.
Top flight speed is less of an issue as Surfer cannot effect normal space from the Hypserspace. Acceleration is more important in this battle.

He can hit Marvel on 2 fronts using the energies of his body and his mentally controlled board.

Surfer can blast out an arsenal of energies many times worse than Superman's heat vision with blasts as powerful as GL weapons.
Superman's heat vision has been interpreted as being able to get hotter than the core of the Sun.
Please show that the Surfer can produce blasts as powerful as the output of a GL ring for us then.
Remember that a GL can encapsulate a planet in a bubble and has contained a supernova before.

In the comics when you knock Surfer off his board, he is still RealityShifter/Skyfather class.

When you knock Marvel down he becomes Billy Batson. Surfer against Billy is a bloodbath, its OVERKILL"

Alpha said:
The Surfer has grown in powwer but only to those levels he had prior to him arriving on Earth. After he arrived on Earth he had a lot of his cosmic energy drained away by the 'Sonic Shark' missile that was used on him. However subsequent to this his power levels reached very high levels in the years following.I don't think that his powers are significately greater than those he possessed before but that he is a lot more aggressive in their use."
Thank you....... I'm still going with Marvel.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hadrelius
the creator said:
"BatDance said:

Can you explain why then the Surfer keeps getting hit by his opponents then ?

Proof please.

Alpha said:
The Surfer has grown in powwer but only to those levels he had prior to him arriving on Earth. After he arrived on Earth he had a lot of his cosmic energy drained away by the 'Sonic Shark' missile that was used on him. However subsequent to this his power levels reached very high levels in the years following.I don't think that his powers are significately greater than those he possessed before but that he is a lot more aggressive in their use."
I was referring to the upgrade Galactus gave him recently.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the creator
Alpha said:
I was referring to the upgrade Galactus gave him recently. "
By simply making him his herald once again ?

BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BatDance

Fantastic Four SS (Surfer depowered) gets killed. I reckon Marvel could probably murder that stoopid Galactus cloud

the creator said:

"Sure he can go in to Hyperspace but I don't recall the Surfer using 'bullet time' speed effects like the Flash does and like Marvel can"
Wow, you're using Marvel laws of physics to boost DC characters and DC laws of physics to attempt to cripple Marvel characters. Talk about twisted logic right there. If Marvel had cartoonish terms like "bullet time" or "speed force" Silver Surfer would do everything Flash does but faster.  It's true what people say about the vine, too many lil dc super fanboys with small johnny inferiority syndrome. Anything ninja Marvel comics can do our DC Shazam and Superman ninja it better. Classic Surfer has always been above classic Flash or classic Shazam. PC Superman could KO classic SS since Superman is five times his strenght and had more cunning than Shazam or SS but then again its not certain since PC Superman with his mix of pis and feats is all over the place. Which is exactly why DC needed the whole Crisis on Infinite Earths to wipe the slate clean.

Alpha
said:
"Good point though that was not the Surfer that he is today. "

Today's SS is a blip of himself, the last I read of him he was dying in a JMS book. The original Stan Lee Jack Kirby Surfer was a force to be feared, he was Skyfather RealityShifter level. This is a guy who fought a villain with unlimited power and strenght so he took him to the end fo the universe and dumped him in the end of time. Sounds like a guy who would have ended Doomsday.

1. Original SS v Marvel = SS win, no in fact its Overkill. 2. Original Surfer could probably give Lord Marvel a good fight. 3. Lord Marvel against SS movie (Surfer depowered) and that stoopid Galactus cloud is a win for Marvel, no its Overkill Marvel kills Surfer and Galactus.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By the creator
BatDance said:

Wow, you're using Marvel laws of physics to boost DC characters and DC laws of physics to attempt to cripple Marvel characters. Talk about twisted logic right there.
Not really. I'm just pointing out that your analysis is very simplistic and thus does not add to your argument.

If Marvel had cartoonish terms like "bullet time" or "speed force" Silver Surfer would do everything Flash does but faster.
 They do have. Quicksilver has been shown using it.

It's true what people say about the vine, too many lil dc super fanboys with small johnny inferiority syndrome.
Don't transfer your hatred or own inferiority complexes on to us thanks.

Anything ninja Marvel comics can do our DC Shazam and Superman ninja it better.
Not really. I just see the relative power levels for what they are. Try it some time.

Classic Surfer has always been above classic Flash or classic Shazam.
My comments were to the Surfers strength or potentcy of his blasts, the points you raised. I did not say that the Surfer was overall less powerful than the DC characters as the Surfer has abilities they lack, like matter manipulation.

PC Superman could KO classic SS since Superman is five times his strenght and had more cunning than Shazam or SS but then again its not certain since PC Superman with his mix of pis and feats is all over the place. Which is exactly why DC needed the whole Crisis on Infinite Earths to wipe the slate clean.
Admit it, you are TruePwange.
Few others rant about DC like him.....and now you.
I am basically ignoring this paragraph as it has nothing to do with this battle.

Today's SS is a blip of himself, the last I read of him he was dying in a JMS book. The original Stan Lee Jack Kirby Surfer was a force to be feared, he was Skyfather RealityShifter level. This is a guy who fought a villain with unlimited power and strenght so he took him to the end fo the universe and dumped him in the end of time. Sounds like a guy who would have ended Doomsday.1. Original SS v Marvel = SS win, no in fact its Overkill. 2. Original Surfer could probably give Lord Marvel a good fight. 3. Lord Marvel against SS movie (Surfer depowered) and that stoopid Galactus cloud is a win for Marvel, no its Overkill Marvel kills Surfer and Galactus. "
Actually the Surfer of today appears to have been returned to his pre-Earth based entrapment power levels.
He appears to have been returned to his original power level, as when he was a herald of Galactus.
Just because there are not a great number of feats from his original time as a herald to compare to, does not automatically mean that he is greater now than what he was then.
thatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By thatguy
BatDance said:
"Fantastic Four SS (Surfer depowered) gets killed. I reckon Marvel could probably murder that stoopid Galactus cloud

the creator said:
"Sure he can go in to Hyperspace but I don't recall the Surfer using 'bullet time' speed effects like the Flash does and like Marvel can"
Wow, you're using Marvel laws of physics to boost DC characters and DC laws of physics to attempt to cripple Marvel characters. Talk about twisted logic right there. If Marvel had cartoonish terms like "bullet time" or "speed force" Silver Surfer would do everything Flash does but faster.  It's true what people say about the vine, too many lil dc super fanboys with small johnny inferiority syndrome. Anything ninja Marvel comics can do our DC Shazam and Superman ninja it better. Classic Surfer has always been above classic Flash or classic Shazam. PC Superman could KO classic SS since Superman is five times his strenght and had more cunning than Shazam or SS but then again its not certain since PC Superman with his mix of pis and feats is all over the place. Which is exactly why DC needed the whole Crisis on Infinite Earths to wipe the slate clean.

Alpha
said:
"Good point though that was not the Surfer that he is today. "
Today's SS is a blip of himself, the last I read of him he was dying in a JMS book. The original Stan Lee Jack Kirby Surfer was a force to be feared, he was Skyfather RealityShifter level. This is a guy who fought a villain with unlimited power and strenght so he took him to the end fo the universe and dumped him in the end of time. Sounds like a guy who would have ended Doomsday.1. Original SS v Marvel = SS win, no in fact its Overkill. 2. Original Surfer could probably give Lord Marvel a good fight. 3. Lord Marvel against SS movie (Surfer depowered) and that stoopid Galactus cloud is a win for Marvel, no its Overkill Marvel kills Surfer and Galactus. "
Hahahahahaha no sir. It becomes Curbstomp, rather quickly

And Classic SS vs. CM is an even fight going either way, CM has brute Strength on SS, SS has him on speed, CM is more durable and has more determination, SS can hit him with blast but i still see it going to CM.
BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BatDance

Didn't Black Adam Curbstomp Lord Marvel rather quickly?

I give this to Marvel seen as the thread seems to be classic Captain Marvel vs Movie Surfer

OldIdiotAccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#35  Edited By OldIdiotAccount

Silver Surfer.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By daak1212

Surfer by far, he dosent have to Molecularly destroy marvel to win.  He can beat Marvel into submission.

AGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AGES

well, I recently read on the site that the surfer can make blasts powerful enough to destroy a planet and that thanks to a power upgrade galactus gave him he was capable of overriding a machine that had thano's power level as a limit. so i think surfer wins but after an extremely hard fought battle.
MrDestroyer187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MrDestroyer187

This is a good battle, in my opinion it might be a stalemate... depending on what Surfer & Captain Marvel we are using here.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Silver2467

Surfer should win. 

Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Billy wins a solid majority

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By difficlus

SS most likely wins...

drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By drkhwk2001
@difficlus said:
" SS most likely wins... "
This
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mattek
@difficlus said:
" SS most likely wins... "
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By difficlus
@King Saturn said:
" Alpha said:
"BatDance said:
"Alpha said:
This aint Overkill... if Thor minus Odin Force can take down the Silver Surfer why cant Captain Marvel... When Captain Marvel is even faster and stronger than Thor ? "
becuase the only reason SS loses to Thor is because the mystical enchatment of mjoinir from ODIN! is greater that this share of the power cosmic, Marvel is definitely not as powerful as Odin in terms of raw magic powress. and in case you didn't know SS has taken Thor down numerous times too and post anihilation beat down beta ray bill in 3 blows and Beta ray has always beaten thor...
SilverMan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By SilverMan91

SS takes this he already matches Billy in most every aspect at at least minimum, so i would definetly give the solid win to Norrin
Barry West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Barry West

C. Marvel wins he can go "Shazam" and electrefie the Surfer's ass and win!!! jajaja

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Hadrelius
@difficlus said:
" @King Saturn said:
" Alpha said:
"BatDance said:
"Alpha said:
This aint Overkill... if Thor minus Odin Force can take down the Silver Surfer why cant Captain Marvel... When Captain Marvel is even faster and stronger than Thor ? "
becuase the only reason SS loses to Thor is because the mystical enchatment of mjoinir from ODIN! is greater that this share of the power cosmic, Marvel is definitely not as powerful as Odin in terms of raw magic powress. and in case you didn't know SS has taken Thor down numerous times too and post anihilation beat down beta ray bill in 3 blows and Beta ray has always beaten thor... "

Looks like I came back just in time. But Shazam is as powerful as Odin. And he empowers Marvel.
Avatar image for fist_of_mandalore
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SS

Avatar image for strongestonethereis
StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Alpha said:
"@difficlus said:
" @King Saturn said:
" Alpha said:
"BatDance said:
"Alpha said:
becuase the only reason SS loses to Thor is because the mystical enchatment of mjoinir from ODIN! is greater that this share of the power cosmic, Marvel is definitely not as powerful as Odin in terms of raw magic powress. and in case you didn't know SS has taken Thor down numerous times too and post anihilation beat down beta ray bill in 3 blows and Beta ray has always beaten thor... "
Looks like I came back just in time. But Shazam is as powerful as Odin. And he empowers Marvel. "

Bold words dude! 
Shazam as powerful as Odin
Ok, he did stand up sorta to Spectre ( who would beat Odin) 
I would say that Shazam borrowed power from other gods that were more powerful than Odin 
Atleast in the enchantments on Cap Marvel 
Who would beat the Surfer 
Only greater magic can truly beat Marvel in my opinion 
I saw science based power turn him inside out and he survived and kept fighting
WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By WarBlade539

@thatguy: @King Saturn: The Silver Surfer defeated two Proemial Gods, Aegis of all Sorrows and Tenebrous of The Darkness Between, by channeling the energies of 'The Big Crunch' itself. These two Proemial Gods can challenge Galactus himself and almost killed him. Surfer survived their attacks and defeated them. He is extremely durable and can increase his durability to incalculable levels by The Power Cosmic. The Surfer has gone up against Cosmic Abstracts and dominated. Captain Marvel cannot win.