• 129 results
Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is a MORALS OFF Norrin Radd. He is not bloodlusted but he is not holding back. No PIS/CIS here. And he will have 24 hours in between each battle to heal all wounds.

Rules:

BFR is allowed, if the opponent is essentially trapped (i.e. Hulk floating around in space etc..)

Bloodlust is off

Morals are off

No prep time

Current Silver Surfer

Everyone knows every, there is knowledge of a battle but no prep allowed.

Battles:

Round 1: Silver Surfer vs Team X consisting of: Jean Grey (Not Phoenix), Iceman, Magneto, Professor X, and Storm. Battle is in back yard of X-mansion.

Round 2: Silver Surfer vs Apocalypse. Battle is in Egypt.

Round 3: Silver Surfer vs Classic Thor with belt of strength. Battle is in Asgard

Round 4: Silver Surfer vs Kuurth in New Mexico

Round 5: Silver Surfer vs 8th Day Juggernaut. Battle is in New York City.

Round 6: Silver Surfer vs the Sentry (current). Battle is on the moon.

Round 7: Silver Surfer vs Thanos. No prep/morals off and Norrin must win to save Shalla Bal. He can use any means necessary including bfr into board.

Round 8: Silver Surfer fully amped by Galactus vs Dark Phoenix. Battle is on Hellicarrier. Norrin must simply save Earth from the Dark Phoenix by: BFR, driving it away or KOing it.

Remember, there is no PIS/CIS for these battles so Surfer may utilize all of his abilities including speed/matter manipulation/psi-energy absorption/telepathy/etc. Anything he has done before. No holding bars.

Can he clear it? Does he? How?

Scans and arguments are appreciated, please no "Thor wins", "Thanos stomps" etc... actually apply some thought into the battles.

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 4 for certain. Although he could win 6 and 7, thanos stops him before he reaches them.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Stops at 4

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Auction_Sniper

He stops at 4, loses 7 and 8, beats everyone else.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By homicidalmaniac

I don't recall a time of SS beating Thanos ever,but Death Seed Sentry is sorta even with SS.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Stops at 4

That proves what? I said no CIS. Surfer isn't going to forget his powers in this battle for the sake of plot. Thanos should never have been able to touch him technically. And given instances of Norrins power output and nighequal ground of telepathy with Thanos, I'd say it's much closer that those 2 scans imply. Just some thoughts.

Exactly why does he lose to Thanos then defeat a more powerful sentry? and more imposing 8th day Juggernaut? There is no prep here and no WIS.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 4. Bloodlusted or not, thanos can break him in half, he has proved it time and again.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 4. Bloodlusted or not, thanos can break him in half, he has proved it time and again.

They've only fought twice, Thanos only has 1 win vs him. Surfer in Annihilation proved he, weakend, could match Thanos' exhausting power output. Forgetting his powers seems to make Surfer a floormat on these forums

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Auction_Sniper

@supermanwithatan01 said:

@carter_esque said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Stops at 4

That proves what? I said no CIS. Surfer isn't going to forget his powers in this battle for the sake of plot. Thanos should never have been able to touch him technically. And given instances of Norrins power output and nighequal ground of telepathy with Thanos, I'd say it's much closer that those 2 scans imply. Just some thoughts.

@auction_sniper said:

Exactly why does he lose to Thanos then defeat a more powerful sentry? and more imposing 8th day Juggernaut? There is no prep here and no WIS.

What makes you say Sentry/Juggernaut is more powerful than Thanos? I don't recall SS ever beating Thanos, so that's why I believe he loses to Thanos (and I'm not even sure if he can do too much damage to Thanos). I don't know too much about Sentry, but from what I've seen, SS is more powerful than him. As for Juggernaut, I'm sure SS can BFR him.

Well, I'm sure he could BFR Juggernaut.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1 said:

They've only fought twice, Thanos only has 1 win vs him. Surfer in Annihilation proved he, weakend, could match Thanos' exhausting power output. Forgetting his powers seems to make Surfer a floormat on these forums

cool.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@auction_sniper: Sentry IS meant to be more powerful than a lot of people. Theres been quite a bit of speculation on his actual powerset, being compared to the angel of death and even God. He punked Molecule man (a cube being more powerful than Thanos), laid waste to Asgard and recently just 1-handed Thor, who went toe to toe with Thanos pretty well. 8th Day Juggs was pretty powerful, save Trion he was the most powerful version. I imagine with his abilities and powers he could toss around some kinks in the bfr idea. Thoughts?

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dratini1331

I bet one could make an excellent case that he stops at 3, but he should stop at 4 honestly.

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@auction_sniper: Sentry IS meant to be more powerful than a lot of people. Theres been quite a bit of speculation on his actual powerset, being compared to the angel of death and even God. He punked Molecule man (a cube being more powerful than Thanos), laid waste to Asgard and recently just 1-handed Thor, who went toe to toe with Thanos pretty well. 8th Day Juggs was pretty powerful, save Trion he was the most powerful version. I imagine with his abilities and powers he could toss around some kinks in the bfr idea. Thoughts?

Sentry seems to be a jobber, somewhat. It seems he should be more powerful than what he is, but for whatever reason, he isn't or whatever.

He, who? Juggernaut or SS?

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry seems to be a jobber, somewhat. It seems he should be more powerful than what he is, but for whatever reason, he isn't or whatever.

Sentry really hasn't jobbed to anyone except the lame Helicarrier moment. And getting KO'd physically by World War Hulk. Besides those 2, every other instance was explained pretty well.

I'm not sure to what "he" reference you're referring.

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Auction_Sniper

@auction_sniper said:

Sentry really hasn't jobbed to anyone except the lame Helicarrier moment. And getting KO'd physically by World War Hulk. Besides those 2, every other instance was explained pretty well.

"I imagine with his abilities and powers he could toss around some kinks in the bfr idea. Thoughts?"

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@auction_sniper said:

" I imagine with his abilities and powers he could toss around some kinks in the bfr idea. Thoughts?"

Oh, Juggernaut. As 8th Day Juggernaut, much like Classic, even without his helmet he couldn't be harmed. He was extremely powerful to the point of crushing anyone in his way. With his magic aura from Cyttorak, bfr might not be so easy.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Oh not you too... Dave, say it aint so..

I bet one could make an excellent case that he stops at 3, but he should stop at 4 honestly.

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

He should clear rounds 1,2,3,5.6, possibly 7

loses 4 and 8

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay the Thanos love is getting old...

Their only battles: Silver Surfer: Rebirth of Thanos, they never had any sort of fist, or cosmic power fight. Norrin blasted him once, Thanos was unfazed, that was it. On another occasion, they started to fight, Thanos faked his death and fled... The rest is basically blatantly disregarding the fact that the Surfer has already matched Thanos' energy output after his upgrade while severely weakened during Annihilation. The rules have changed with Surfer not playing Gandhi any longer.

There are scans of Silver Surfer not only hurting or coming close to defeating, but almost killing Thanos in a mental duel. And there is only one fight between the two that Thanos won.. and that battle ended with Thanos as the declared the victory, only because Surfer hesistated to kill Thanos in the duel. Had he not, Surfer would have won. In this battle there are no morals. No forgetting his powers, not using his superior speed, or telepathy etc... It isn't a stomp. I just want some legitimate arguments.

I'm positive they both have the powersets to win, but Surfers being sold awful cheap guys..

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay the Thanos love is getting old...

I know right, it came totally out of nowhere.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Annihilation we don't know how much energy Thanos put into the machine. He was not very concerned with the events and only got involved out of curiosity. No reason to believe Thanos put all his energy into the machine. His energy blast won't do anything to thanos. A mental battle is fruitless. Runner put SS down with one psi blast(don't know how Runner TP compares to Thanos but it still only took one blast). Thanos was able to TP Fallen who, like Surfer, is a herald of Galactus. A blitz by Surfer didn't even keep Thor down. so it won't keep Thanos down. I see no tactic or attack SS has that can beat Thanos. Even in Blood and Thunder, SS said he was going all out and Thor still wrecked him. With CIS/PIS off I can see him beating Thor but not Thanos

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

And it starts ::)

After surfer Struggles at 1

passes two

Amplified Thor wins due to equal grounds with surfer at normall level . At amplified level surfer loses .

Starrk01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Starrk01

There are scans of Silver Surfer not only hurting or coming close to defeating, but almost killing Thanos in a mental duel.

Do you have these scans by any chance? Or can you point me in the direction of where I can find them?

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

In Annihilation we don't know how much energy Thanos put into the machine. He was not very concerned with the events and only got involved out of curiosity. No reason to believe Thanos put all his energy into the machine. His energy blast won't do anything to thanos. A mental battle is fruitless. Runner put SS down with one psi blast(don't know how Runner TP compares to Thanos but it still only took one blast). Thanos was able to TP Fallen who, like Surfer, is a herald of Galactus. A blitz by Surfer didn't even keep Thor down. so it won't keep Thanos down. I see no tactic or attack SS has that can beat Thanos. Even in Blood and Thunder, SS said he was going all out and Thor still wrecked him. With CIS/PIS off I can see him beating Thor but not Thanos

We know Surfer had to match Thanos and we know Surfer's telepathy is underrated as much as Thanos' is somewhat overrated. He gets credit for other characters feats (cough moondragon). Fallen one is no where near as powerful as Surfer. That's like saying Thanos defeated (and lost) to Thor, who is an Asgardian, therefore he could defeat Odin. Surfer is a more impressive, powerful entity than FO. Not to mention nigh-infinitely faster than Thanos, and Thor for that matter. No PIS/WIS matters greatly for this particular battle. CIS canceled out, Surfer could do some damage for Thanos to yield, or at least BFR the mad titan. The Runner embarrassed Thanos as well so that's a bad example given that the difference was speed, which Thanos admitted he couldn't match, thus wouldn't stand a chance. Due to that fact, Surfer's speed would seem so close to that of Runners, in comparison to Thanos', that it's negligible to assume otherwise. Thor had the power gem in blood and thunder did he not? Surfer didn't use speed or 85% of his abilities in the fight. Surfer fights Thor the way Thor fights the Hulk. Surfer slapped around Beta Ray Bill and being serious was merely annoyed with a practically bloodlusted Thor in enslavers. But as Morpheus_ said, "Reed Richards verified the Surfer to be the most powerful being in the galaxy - surprise, also in an issue written by Stan Lee. And he has been powered up a series of times since both statements were made."

Thanos dominated Surfer in an era (pre-annihilation) where he was clearly superior, It isn't so anymore. Surfer without morals and using more than 3 abilities could take a majority against Thanos imo. Without WIS/PIS/CIS (of which Thanos is one of marvels greatest beneficiaries, no offense), and without Prep I just think Norrin is closer to equal than the "Thanos is just better" logic.

solon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 4.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starrk01:

If you are inquiring about mental dual, here are the scans from Silver Surfer volume 3, Issue 59

few things to note, none of them had their powers , Surfer hesitated to kill Thanos, which gave the Mad Titan the advantage. Had he not let morality or doubt step in, he wins.

I agree with Morpheus_ that if Surfer is written properly and doesn't job, he could beat Thanos.

Thanos has only beaten Surfer once (where there was massive context involved). When the battle isn't hindered by plot and Surfers recurrent necessity to "forget" abilities and his vast array of powers, I believe he pulls the majority. No prep, CIS/PIS involved of course.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01: I didn't use Thanos is just better logic. I told how Thanos is better. Surfer has the speed advantage. PERIOD. That's it. Runner did not beat Thanos the same way he beat SS. when runner beat thanos he had an Infinity Gem. What did Runner have when he beat SS? Nothing. In Infinity Thanos was taunting Thor to hit him with power. After the second blast Thanos said: Is that all? Has SS EVER tanked Thors blast like that. Thor was able to dent SS skull AFTER SS got his boost in Annihilation with a headbutt. And Thor didn't get the power gem until AFTER he beat a no-holding back Surfer. No holding back SS got beat down by regular pissed off Thor. In Godkiller Beta ray bill was putting a hurting on SS. SS has NEVER EVER been portrayed as being on Thanos level. Thanos hung with Tyrant much longer then SS did and SS had help. Do I need to mention the Odin fight? How many hits did it take to put SS down? Thanos has the same abilities that SS has just on another different league. When they fight the same opponent who fares better? When they fight each other, who fares better? We don't know how much of a boost SS got in Annihilation. What combonation could SS use to beat Thanos? Energy blast? Matter manipulation? Intangible? TP? Thanos has all that except intangible and how can SS beat Thanos while intangible. SS best bet is to use his speed....to get away from Thanos ASAP! Until he beats Thanos or even does well against him there is NO DEBATE about who is portrayed and shown to be more powerful

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@supermanwithatan01: I didn't use Thanos is just better logic. I told how Thanos is better. Surfer has the speed advantage. PERIOD. That's it. Runner did not beat Thanos the same way he beat SS. when runner beat thanos he had an Infinity Gem. What did Runner have when he beat SS? Nothing. In Infinity Thanos was taunting Thor to hit him with power. After the second blast Thanos said: Is that all? Has SS EVER tanked Thors blast like that. Thor was able to dent SS skull AFTER SS got his boost in Annihilation with a headbutt. And Thor didn't get the power gem until AFTER he beat a no-holding back Surfer. No holding back SS got beat down by regular pissed off Thor. In Godkiller Beta ray bill was putting a hurting on SS. SS has NEVER EVER been portrayed as being on Thanos level. Thanos hung with Tyrant much longer then SS did and SS had help. Do I need to mention the Odin fight? How many hits did it take to put SS down? Thanos has the same abilities that SS has just on another different league. When they fight the same opponent who fares better? When they fight each other, who fares better? We don't know how much of a boost SS got in Annihilation. What combonation could SS use to beat Thanos? Energy blast? Matter manipulation? Intangible? TP? Thanos has all that except intangible and how can SS beat Thanos while intangible. SS best bet is to use his speed....to get away from Thanos ASAP! Until he beats Thanos or even does well against him there is NO DEBATE about who is portrayed and shown to be more powerful

Surfers been shattered and reformed, channeled energy of the big bang, can survive solely on the astral plane where he's invincible and please do bring up the Thanos vs Odin fight, Thanos did absolutely nothing to Odin. It wasn't a feat of anything except durability. Portrayed be more powerful, not necessarily the superior of the 2 in versatility and output

EDIT: Lets finish this tomorrow! I gotta get some sleep man.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01: Surfer almost died just by touching The Crunch. He just directed it. thanos proved Odin had to exert effort to put Thanos down. What did SS prove in that fight? He has a glass jaw? SS has NEVER proven he is invincible on the astral plane. He said it but only beat one being there. compare who they have both fought. Thor, Odin, Tyrant, Adam Warlock. How did each fare? I have no idea how you can say thanos hasn't been proven to be superior. besides speed what advantage does SS have?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@supermanwithatan01: Surfer almost died just by touching The Crunch. He just directed it. thanos proved Odin had to exert effort to put Thanos down. What did SS prove in that fight? He has a glass jaw? SS has NEVER proven he is invincible on the astral plane. He said it but only beat one being there. compare who they have both fought. Thor, Odin, Tyrant, Adam Warlock. How did each fare? I have no idea how you can say thanos hasn't been proven to be superior. besides speed what advantage does SS have?

I've already explained that Thanos has only defeated Surfer in one fight. I admitted he was the superior of the 2 in an era he was written to be so. However, Surfer when not doomed by plot to forget his powers operates the exact same way Thor does when fighting the Hulk. Thanos lost to Thor, Odin, Tyrant and Warlock. He would have lost to Surfer had Norrin not been merciful and hesitated on the kill. Even Strange couldn't stop him at the time. Anyway, as I said before, the gap would be closed considerably if Surfer actually used his abilities to the fullest. Thanos is overrated, without Starlin, Prep or some artifact, he's an average bruiser than has trouble with Professor Hulk, loses to Surfer and steals other characters thunder. We will finish this tomorrow.

To nod at the advantage list: Surfer has extreme speed, nearly like a Flash vs Grundy duplicate. equal in telepathy, the advantage of the astral plane, the ability to reform when being shattered, to control his power solely through his consciousness without a physical form, to amp his strength to any figure imaginable, siphon nearly all types of energy, and as I said, capable of channeling the crunch (Which Galactus said he couldnt even do?) meaning he could easily re-direct Thanos' beams. If Surfer didn't fight like a moron, get written down and use only 1/10 of his abilities then he'd be on much more equal footing. Fact is, without cheating or prep, Thanos can be defeated.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01: Surfer has never been on Thanos and has lost to the same Champion and Thor Thanos beat. One shotted by the same Odin who needed a boost to fight Thanos.

You say Thanos is protected by plot? You wrong Thanos like Doom are the biggest victims of plot. The only reason Thanos loses is plot show one instance Thanos lost to a non cosmic with out WIS.

THANOS IS JUST PLAIN BETTER

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01: You must be tired because that argument is weak. SS is not a combat speedster like Flash. If TP is equal then Ss can't win that way. SS has NEVER EVER NEVER been shown to augment his power to infinite levels. SS has never siphoned power from someone on Thanos level. Controlling his mind without a body wont help in this fight. even if he can reform how does that stop him from being KO'ed. Thanos is the one who loses due to plot. Thanos loses because " he doesn't feel worthy". That is PIS/CIS if I ever heard it. Again AFTER his upgrade Thor dented his skull with a head butt. Thor got right back up after SS blitzed him into a planet. Odin casually tossed SS off his board making him run to Galactus. So even AFTER his upgrade SS is STILL having trouble with Thor and being manhandled by odin. Nothing has changed. and it doesn't matter who writes him. if Marvel allows it to be published then that's all that matters

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

4 Stoppa.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Can SS actually permanently harm Thanos?

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By chiq

has Surfer ever fought the Juggernaut in comics?

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@princearagorn1 said:

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 3, bloodlusted or not, he's not beating classic Thor with belt of strength.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loses at 3. Thor beats him almost everytime and has the advantage of being able to shatter his forcefields with one strike and absorbing his power cosmic. Thanos should be last on this gauntlet btw.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Doesn't pass Thanos

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toss up at 3, loses at 4 for certain.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 3

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@supermanwithatan01: You must be tired because that argument is weak. SS is not a combat speedster like Flash. If TP is equal then Ss can't win that way. SS has NEVER EVER NEVER been shown to augment his power to infinite levels. SS has never siphoned power from someone on Thanos level. Controlling his mind without a body wont help in this fight. even if he can reform how does that stop him from being KO'ed. Thanos is the one who loses due to plot. Thanos loses because " he doesn't feel worthy". That is PIS/CIS if I ever heard it. Again AFTER his upgrade Thor dented his skull with a head butt. Thor got right back up after SS blitzed him into a planet. Odin casually tossed SS off his board making him run to Galactus. So even AFTER his upgrade SS is STILL having trouble with Thor and being manhandled by odin. Nothing has changed. and it doesn't matter who writes him. if Marvel allows it to be published then that's all that matters

Surfer has used his speed in combat. Neither can Thanos. Surfer in his 2nd ever fight with the Hulk was getting wailed on, to no effect, by the Hulk. He then stated that he could augment his strength to "incalcuable levels". Being able to operate with your conscious only, without a physical form means EXACTLY that you can't be KO'd... You were joking right? That's pretty simple stuff man.

Thanos' every major feat is overrated and all done by 1 writer, incidentally his creator. Thanos had help assembling the IG, was given the HOTU and other characters are forced to be dumbed down to make him look more clever. The elders were made to look like morons and Doctor Doom acted like his Lego Marvel counterpart. It was ridiculous. Thanos was defeated by the same people and the only times he's done something more impressive was with prep. I am suggesting that Surfer, LIKE THE FLASH, doesn't use his abilities (like stopping time for example), due to plot or WIS/CIS. Everyone argues the way you do, we have morons running around with "Hulk smashes Thor to bits going all out!!" and "Wally West gets annihilated by Superman!!!"-esque arguments. I'm saying look at the combined array of his actual powers, then his feats, then come back and see that Thanos only has 1 win against him (that Surfer could have killed him had he wanted) and spout something new instead of "Thanos loses because of plot". That's a laugh! Thats like the Batman fans saying he's treated unfairly

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: I know more about Doctor Doom and Wally West than I do about any character. My knowledge of the surfer, while limited, leads me to believe that without morals it isn't a stomp. That he could hold his own and even take a majority vs Thanos due to the fact he's not being written down on here.

marvelfan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 4 for certain. Although he could win 6 and 7, thanos stops him before he reaches them.

HyperViper97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He gets his ass kicked in 4, SS can't beat thanos