#1 Posted by TheVision (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Can the 4 powerhouses beat one uber character?

#2 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Team wins with absolute ease.

#3 Posted by TheVision (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? I thought Majestic was supposed to be way above Superman/Thor class

#4 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheVision said:

Silver Surfer is enough if he's fighting intelligently.

#5 Posted by SteveRogers (411 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot said:

@TheVision said:

#6 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh where are the Mr.Magestic fanboys that think he defeat almost any marel earth born anyway team wins

#7 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever said:

Oh where are the Mr.Magestic fanboys that think he defeat almost any marel earth born anyway team wins

;)

No character here is an Earth-born Marvel character. He could though. And the team only wins because Surfer is there. Take him out and Majestic wins. Black Bolt dies before he gets a word out, and he has a fun fight with Maxima and Wonder Woman before choking Diana out with her own lasso and breaking Maxima's neck.

#8 Posted by Bo88gdan (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Wins .

#9 Posted by 0n1zuka (3715 posts) - - Show Bio

Majestros is good, but not quite good enough to take out the team.

#10 Posted by torzone (409 posts) - - Show Bio

Team wins

#11 Posted by supermanhater502 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Team wins due to Surfer only.

#12 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot: With morals on i dont think that Black bolt or Surfer would do anything that magestic could not deal with then it comes down to h2h with maxima and ww and the team wins

p.s no he cant!

#13 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever said:

@Buckshot: With morals on i dont think that Black bolt or Surfer would do anything that magestic could not deal with then it comes down to h2h with maxima and ww and the team wins

p.s no he cant!

Fighting as they would in comics, no, Surfer (and Black Bolt) wouldn't be that big of a problem, true. Are you saying Maxima and Wonder Woman would take Majestic in hand to hand? Why exactly would he have trouble beating up two women that slower than him, weaker than him, and have millennia less combat experience than him?

Yes he can.

#14 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot: good thing i came prepared for an debate Reasons why Majestic will be bested

Combat Experience: Wonder Woman is an Amazon nuff said

Weapons: Lasso of truth nuff said

Strength: Maxima > doomsday

#15 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5384 posts) - - Show Bio

Team wins unless there's prep

#16 Posted by Saren (25617 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever said:

You're joking, right? Maxima was barely conscious at the end of that fight and needed to be taken to the hospital by Guardian. Doomsday was just peachy.

#17 Posted by Nefarious (19761 posts) - - Show Bio

The Silver Surfer solos.

#18 Posted by Lvenger (19332 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever said:

@Buckshot: good thing i came prepared for an debate Reasons why Majestic will be bested

1. Majestic isn't exactly a slouch in the combat department. The Kherubiums are a warrior race and Majestic does know some hand to hand combat skills. Fortunately he's stronger, faster and has a greater power variety than WW. Majestic wins for the same reasons Superman does except he does so more comfortably due to being vastly more powerful than Superman.

2. Again Majestic is too fast for Diana to tie him up. And besides he'd probably use the Lasso to break her neck with it. Majestic doesn't really have many moral qualms with doing what he thinks has to be done.

3. I find it amusing that you can base your viewpoint on one scan. Although Maxima was the only other Leaguer aside from Superman who could trade blows with Doomsday, she still got her butt handed to her. At that point Doomsday was about as strong as Superman, maybe a little stronger. Now he's in a whole other ball park in terms of strength and Maxima definitely can't compete with that.

As it has been said several times already, without Surfer Majestic wins. Otherwise it's a team victory.

#19 Edited by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever said:

Oh gosh, I have to stop laughing. These are your reasons?

Wonder Woman is an amazon so she's a better fighter than a warlord of Khera? A warlord trained to kill from birth, raised in war, surrounded by culture that glorifies war and close quarters combat, sharpened by testing his skill against enemies at his power level with similar training, the protege of his race's most fearsome warrior (responsible for conquering entire galaxies), the highest ranking individual in the army that was sent to Earth to fight a war, and with about 10,000 years to perfect everything he'd learned? Suuuuuuuure.

Lasso of truth is nice if she can use it effectively. I don't think there's any guarantee of that.

Even ignoring the outcome of that fight, being able to punch a body that weighs a few hundred pounds doesn't put you on Majestic's level. Get at me when Maxima moves the Earth. She still won't be on Majestic's strength level, but she'd at least be in the neighborhood of his weight class.

And here I thought you'd actually have something to say. My mistake. I could easily argue for Maxima over Majestic more effectively than you're doing.

#20 Posted by Lvenger (19332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot: I didn't know Majestic was that good a fighter. Another reason why he easily beats Wonder Woman then.

#21 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: I just added something I forgot. There's probably more but w/e.

#22 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot said:

And here I thought you'd actually have something to say. My mistake. I could easily argue for Maxima over Majestic more effectively than you're doing.

You know, I'd get more entertainment from debating myself so I think will...

Maxima is capable of fighting Superman while he's displaying his speed while he's in space (where he's explicitly stated that he's getting more energy). There's no indication of how fast they were going, but it's enough to say she could probably engage Majestic at a reasonable speed. And the normal members of her race were faster than Jay Garrick (the slowest flash but w/e) IIRC. You could say she won't get stomped in speed which might buy her enough time to do something that might matter. Something like...transmuting metal Majestic may be wearing and make them into shackles or weaponry, or at least hold Majestic up. She could also try a mental diversion. She may be able to hold Majestic off temporarily since though he has massive psychic power and some defense, she's likely more skilled and wouldn't need to completely shut him down, just make some openings. Her physical abilities leave a lot to be desired, but maybe pausing Majestic for a little psychically, then hitting him with some spikes of Kheran metal could put him down, or at least weaken him enough to have her physical strength and skill be enough to take him down in his weakened state.

#23 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
I am under the impression that I just witnessed history in the making.
#24 Posted by Mercy_ (92685 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Buckshot finally go mad?

#25 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot said:

@Buckshot said:

You know, I'd get more entertainment from debating myself so I think will...

Maxima is capable of fighting Superman while he's displaying his speed while he's in space (where he's explicitly stated that he's getting more energy). There's no indication of how fast they were going, but it's enough to say she could probably engage Majestic at a reasonable speed. And the normal members of her race were faster than Jay Garrick (the slowest flash but w/e) IIRC. You could say she won't get stomped in speed which might buy her enough time to do something that might matter. Something like...transmuting metal Majestic may be wearing and make them into shackles or weaponry, or at least hold Majestic up. She could also try a mental diversion. She may be able to hold Majestic off temporarily since though he has massive psychic power and some defense, she's likely more skilled and wouldn't need to completely shut him down, just make some openings. Her physical abilities leave a lot to be desired, but maybe pausing Majestic for a little psychically, then hitting him with some spikes of Kheran metal could put him down, or at least weaken him enough to have her physical strength and skill be enough to take him down in his weakened state.

Hmmm.... You have some good thoughts and it sounds compelling, but is it really? Superman has fought at visibly higher speeds many times, but do we know if it's anywhere near his maximum? If it's not at his best or close, then Majestic shouldn't have a problem with it. I think your claims for her speed need a bit more support. Also, we don't know if that's operational speed or reflex speed. People can do things off reflex (especially with years of training) faster than they can consciously think about them, and beating a less skilled opponent like Superman on reflex alone shouldn't be that hard, but engaging a superior opponent on reflex could get her killed. Then it's just a fist fight (with Maj spamming kicks and laser vision because he demonstrated throughout his second solo series that part of his style is attacking with 4 limbs and lasers) and Maj would take that I think. Without evidence of her speed being like that of Majestic, who can analyze and modify information flowing in the form of light pulses at billions of units per second, I think he'd take her in a fight because he can not only react as fast as her, he can think circles around her while he's doing. But for the sake of argument, assuming she's fast enough to survive the initial confrontation, could she actually transmute metal while they're fighting? I'll need scans to see if she's ever done that in combat. Skipping that though, the psychic attacks might work. However...she's tried the same sort of thing on Superman and he's fought through it multiple times, and he doesn't even have the massive psychic stores Majestic has or psychic defense training (though he does occasionally pull psychic defense out of his butt). Does Maxima have enough defense to survive Majestic locking eyes with her and burning her brain out with his laser vision? It's a little known fact that Majestic has a thing for putting laser vision through people's eyes and faces. It's come up multiple times across years and different writers. I'm not sure Maxima would survive an encounter with Majestic.

#26 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: how many people in the dc universe can fight doomsday and come out alive

#27 Posted by Saren (25617 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever said:

@CitizenBane: how many people in the dc universe can fight doomsday and come out alive

Considering Maxima would almost certainly have died if the explosion that put her in the hospital hadn't knocked Doomsday away some distance, she's not in that number.

To answer your question, I can name 20 characters who have fought Doomsday and come out alive without really trying too hard.

#28 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot: im sure maxima cant stand those beams but WW sure can also even know BB and Surfer would not be able to do much with much with morals on but what they can do is distract and/or weaken Majestic BB could possibly use his concussive blasts to distract Majestic while Surfer could create illusons of himself to also distract Majestic then WW lassos him while Maxima uses a couple of her optic beams to defeat Majestic

#29 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: In that incarnation of the league and by themselves is what i was referring to

#30 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever said:

@Buckshot: im sure maxima cant stand those beams but WW sure can also even know BB and Surfer would not be able to do much with much with morals on but what they can do is distract and/or weaken Majestic BB could possibly use his concussive blasts to distract Majestic while Surfer could create illusons of himself to also distract Majestic then WW lassos him while Maxima uses a couple of her optic beams to defeat Majestic

Oh you again...

If Surfer is acting like he normally does, I don't think he'd last long. Majestic, with his senses that can detect souls and life energy, would instantly identify Surfer as a serious threat and wouldn't hesitate to end him. The first flurry of FTL kheran martial arts will go to Surfer and he won't survive. Remember when Thanos beat Surfer down? It'll be like that but no one will be fast enough to see it. And if he has a sword?! Well then it's not even worth talking about. After slaying Surfer, he could slow down to everyone else's speed and still win. BB isn't gonna just yell at Majestic, but if he did, it would hurt his teammates too, and actually even more than Maj because of the characters alive at that point, he has the best durability. If it hurts Majestic at all BB dies next then he takes down WW and Maxima while they're reeling from the effects. If it doesn't, Majestic would likely take Wonder Woman next because he knows her. And since he knows her, he knows her lasso is a threat and would be careful to not let it get him, and may even use it against the others. And if he knows her and doesn't feel she's a threat (pretty sure he beat her already along with the rest of the JLA) then she's not a threat and he can finish her after Maxima and BB.

And a question to other people: If WW put someone in her lasso, do they instantly stop fighting? I've always wondered about this because sometimes it seems like it and sometimes it doesn't.

#31 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: Haha. But I think it might be the only way accurately figure out who wins a fight. One person should argue both sides so people aren't swayed by someone's reputation.

@Mercy_: lol

#32 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot: yes me again

am i missing something can you tell me exactly what Mr.Majestics powers are because i haven reallly read alot with mr.majestic so i dont know the full extent of his abilities i just read whatever was on the dc website and on google

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Majestros_(Earth-50)

#33 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

I need some popcorn for the Buckshot self-fight

#34 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever said:

@Buckshot: yes me again

am i missing something can you tell me exactly what Mr.Majestics powers are because i haven reallly read alot with mr.majestic so i dont know the full extent of his abilities i just read whatever was on the dc website and on google

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Majestros_(Earth-50)

If only there was some website that had a comic book character database on it... If only there was a capability thread for Majestic on that website visible from the very same page where that character's history and abilities are clearly written out...

#35 Posted by Sophisticated_Ignorance (179 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell? Silver Surfer alone could solo this,what a spite thread.

#36 Posted by 0n1zuka (3715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sophisticated_Ignorance: This isn't spite.

#37 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot it seems as if you think that Mister Majestic has a completely different skill set

#38 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever: What are you talking about?

#39 Posted by Sophisticated_Ignorance (179 posts) - - Show Bio

@0n1zuka:Umm...then what is it...? SS could beat Majestic by himself,the other three at the very least can survive long enough to pose as a hinderance and distraction to Majestic to allow SS to beat him faster...

#40 Posted by 0n1zuka (3715 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sophisticated_Ignorance: I'm pretty sure a mod isn't going to debate himself and others in a spite thread. If that's what you believe, then fine but that doesn't necessarily make it spite.
#41 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot nevermnd about those last two statements but anyway I just have an opinion that a team powerful people can beat one overpowered an

#42 Posted by sa5m (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

The Team 1 =)

#43 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanhater502 said:

Team wins due to Surfer only.

#44 Posted by Uno_Oscuro (743 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot said:

@TheVision said:

#45 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

an out of character surfer would fare better