Doomsday

and

Despero

-Teams start 100 feet apart.

-Win by any means(except BFR).

-Doomsday is H/P.

#2 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm....

Team 2. Despero can stomp Surfer, and though I don't think Doomsday can beat Thanos, Despero and Doomsday can definitely beat Thanos.

#3 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

Hmm....

Team 2. Despero can stomp Surfer, and though I don't think Doomsday can beat Thanos, Despero and Doomsday can definitely beat Thanos.

SS would beat Despero.

#4 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5530 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll go team 1 6/10. I think SS can hold his own with either of team 2 and BFR DD if necessary
allowing him and Thanos to team up on Despero. Despero could possibly overwhelm SS with TP long enough to provide an opening for Doomsday to pummel him.

#5 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@blackadamFTW said:

Hmm....

SS would beat Despero.

No he wouldn't. Actually, with morals, he has no chance.

#6 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1652 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@blackadamFTW said:

Hmm....

SS would beat Despero.

How do you figure?

he can't mind rape SS which means his only avenue is physical force.

Yes it has been explained many times that Despero's ability isn't exactly TP but I still see no reason SS couldn't resist it.

#7 Posted by beautifulrevery (1508 posts) - - Show Bio

Win by any means? Surfer traps Doomsday in his board and they double team Despero. After Despero is taken care of they proceed to dispose of doomsday.

#8 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos and Silver Surfer for the win.

#9 Posted by whydama (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos kills Doomsday before he can adapt.

SS holds off Despero epic fight

#10 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (902 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malevolent1 said:

#11 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

@Man_of_Miracles said:

How do you figure?

Yes it has been explained many times that Despero's ability isn't exactly TP but I still see no reason SS couldn't resist it.

And why exactly cant he mind-rape surfer? Grated Surfer is a powerful telepath and the whole astral planet thingy, but people tend to forget he has been taken out by telepathy. The Others easily TPed him. Also Martian Manhunter has better TP feats , far better TP feats, than surfer so why not?

Also Despero is stronger than Surfer (probably even stronger than Thanos) the only thing surfer actually has is versatility (which he never uses with morals on) and speed (same again).

#12 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@blackadamFTW said:

Hmm....

SS would beat Despero.

How do you figure?

Killemall hit the nail on the head.

@Killemall said:

And why exactly cant he mind-rape surfer? Grated Surfer is a powerful telepath and the whole astral planet thingy, but people tend to forget he has been taken out by telepathy. The Others easily TPed him. Also Martian Manhunter has better TP feats , far better TP feats, than surfer so why not?

Also Despero is stronger than Surfer (probably even stronger than Thanos) the only thing surfer actually has is versatility (which he never uses with morals on) and speed (same again).

#13 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malevolent1 said:

#14 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

One thing Thanos and SS have for them: power cosmic blasts. I don't see Despero nor Doomsday resisting this.

SS with morals on may have some qualms, but Thanos would reduce Despero to ashes before he can try anything. After that I don't think Doomsday would have the required durability to resist the combined might of the Marvel team.

#15 Edited by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@DocFatalis said:

but Thanos would reduce Despero to ashes before he can try anything.

Wait, what? How?

#16 Posted by Spartan101 (2398 posts) - - Show Bio

team one,if as stated by any means in the op,the other 3 always fight this waybut ss holds back 99% of the time,if he go's full on hes gonna keep both dd and despero busy,add thanos and its very over for team 2. 8/10

#17 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

@DocFatalis said:

but Thanos would reduce Despero to ashes before he can try anything.

Wait, what? How?

Like this?

Thanos attacking Galactus.
#18 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5121 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos an SS, Doomsday is the weak link here.

#19 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3268 posts) - - Show Bio

Good fight, but going with team one...The Mad Titan is strong enough to knock Big G on his a$$, he def can put down Despero,seeing as Despero main attack would be his TP/hypnosis and that wouldn't effect Thanos at all probably.....This will probably end up Surfer and Thanos versus DD

#20 Posted by Omnicrono (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer and Thanos win. Surfer alone just has too much going for him, in terms of different abilities. :)

#21 Posted by Bo88gdan (4414 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer and Thanos ftw

#22 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly...I've always seen Thanos as a bit more powerful than Despero but not by much. The big question is how many planet busting shots can Doomsday take at light speed before he goes down? What would really be interesting is the second fight. Of course Surfer can just turn him into a statue or hydrogen gas. Team Marvel for the win

#23 Posted by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

Im gonna go with Desperos team, Even if thanos and Surfer take down Doomsday by the time they take down despero doomsday will be healed and plot armor for the win

#24 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

@icysloth said:

Im gonna go with Desperos team, Even if thanos and Surfer take down Doomsday by the time they take down despero doomsday will be healed and plot armor for the win

Doomsday has never healed that quickly. Once killed Doomsday doesnt even come back until a whole new story arc begins. I never understand why people think Doomsday keeps coming back to life, he died in Death of Superman and took 4 years to come back, died in Hunter Prey and never actually came back, up until Zero Hour where Braniac while the whole DC timeline was being reset, saved Doomsday from his death, Doomsday then died in the hand of Imperix and didnt come back up until 2 years , when Lex found his body and brought him back to life, and then Doomsday also got killed by 15 Kryptonians and he didnt come back to life for 2 more years.

So why would Doomsday, all of a sudden, come back to life that quickly in this fight?

#25 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall

@icysloth said:

Doomsday has never healed that quickly. Once killed Doomsday doesnt even come back until a whole new story arc begins. I never understand why people think Doomsday keeps coming back to life, he died in Death of Superman and took 4 years to come back, died in Hunter Prey and never actually came back, up until Zero Hour where Braniac while the whole DC timeline was being reset, saved Doomsday from his death, Doomsday then died in the hand of Imperix and didnt come back up until 2 years , when Lex found his body and brought him back to life, and then Doomsday also got killed by 15 Kryptonians and he didnt come back to life for 2 more years.

So why would Doomsday, all of a sudden, come back to life that quickly in this fight?

lol
#26 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3064 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malevolent1 said:

#27 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Although Thanos can only knock Galactus off his feet with his most powerful, natural energy blast, that's more than most people can do (Even combined might of advance alien fleets and Earthly heroes didn't even caught Galactus' attention). That's definitely would severely injured Doomsday or Despero if they gets blasted directly. Thanos have telepathic resistance and is telepath himself also, and so is Surfer, so Despero will have to quickly takes action before either one from team 1 blasts him with planet-busting attacks.

#28 Posted by laflux (16770 posts) - - Show Bio

@AngryHulks said:

Although Thanos can only knock Galactus off his feet with his most powerful, natural energy blast, that's more than most people can do (Even combined might of advance alien fleets and Earthly heroes didn't even caught Galactus' attention). That's definitely would severely injured Doomsday or Despero if they gets blasted directly. Thanos have telepathic resistance and is telepath himself also, and so is Surfer, so Despero will have to quickly takes action before either one from team 1 blasts him with planet-busting attacks.

Fair point

#29 Posted by cortadew (365 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said:

@icysloth said:

I never understand why people think Doomsday keeps coming back to life.

DC fanboys
#30 Posted by TifaLockhart (14079 posts) - - Show Bio

1. BFR is not a viable means to win as per the OP.

2. Despero and Doomsday have this. They're too physically strong and fast.

#31 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

While i have no argument against people thinking Despero and Doomsday are stronger, they will have a huge problem dealing with Thanos's energy blast. Also they dont really have a convinent way to take Thanos out, its not like he's folded to a superman level being before. Also team 1 is all about versatility, team 2 has strength advantage.

Close. Very close to comment.

#32 Posted by TifaLockhart (14079 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero Reborn has versatility too. Doomsday made a doofus out of Darkseid, arguably on the same level of Thanos. Despero has been a legit threat to the League, with a few low showings like against Aquaman and Superman.

#33 Posted by whydama (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

Despero Reborn has versatility too. Doomsday made a doofus out of Darkseid, arguably on the same level of Thanos. Despero has been a legit threat to the League, with a few low showings like against Aquaman and Superman.

That was one of Darkseid's lowest showings. Darkseid at that level is nothing compared to Thanos.

#34 Posted by Spartan101 (2398 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malevolent1 said:

#35 Edited by GhostRider2 (3370 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer and Thanos would own team 2.

edit:despero won't beat SS lol on this, SS can kill them and so can Thanos.

#36 Posted by mk111 (3141 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I think Doomsday would fare better than Despero, but Team 1 wins regardless.

#37 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 imo in a close fight.