#1 Posted by King Saturn (224436 posts) - - Show Bio

Who wins this fight in an all out battle ? Can Silver Surfer and Black Adam prevail against Adam Warlock and Gladiator ?

#2 Posted by King Saturn (224436 posts) - - Show Bio
What the heck just happened ? I just posted in the Battle forums...and now my battle is in The Darkness category ?
#3 Posted by warlock360 (28054 posts) - - Show Bio

Wooo good one, Adam took the Surfer before (logically Adams above the **Silver** surfer anyway because Adam's the **Golden** surfer lol^^)

so that would be Black Adam vs. Gladiator or maybe SS would be able to take out Gladiator before... its all still in the air.

but im gonna have to decide later.... though ill go this far as to say that Black Adam is the wildcard on the other team as is Adam Warlock on his team.

#4 Posted by King Saturn (224436 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah. Very Nice ! I think this battle can go either way here. I will see what others have to say before I make a decision here.

#5 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
BA and SS for the win.

BA should be able to beat Gladiator in my opinion and SS would overcome Warlock.
#6 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer would take out Adam Warlock and I think Gladiator would take out Black Adam. The bottom line Silver Surfer takes out Gladiator in the end.So team one would win with slightly deferent outcome.

#7 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna go with Team 1 here.

#8 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

BA isnt the one taking out Gladiator. Silver Surfer is. Unfortunatley REALLY quickly. Silver Surfer knows the specific radiation wavelength he is vulnerable to. So i think he will get taken out quite quickly then its a 2v.s 1 thing.

#9 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
Logic Mark III said:
"BA isnt the one taking out Gladiator. Silver Surfer is. Unfortunatley REALLY quickly. Silver Surfer knows the specific radiation wavelength he is vulnerable to. So i think he will get taken out quite quickly then its a 2v.s 1 thing."
Although we will agree that Team 1 wins, I still disagree that BA cannot take out Gladiator for all the principal reasons presented in the Superman vs Gladiator fight.
#10 Posted by lordraiden (7395 posts) - - Show Bio
Ball Buster said:
" Silver Surfer would take out Adam Warlock and I think Gladiator would take out Black Adam. The bottom line Silver Surfer takes out Gladiator in the end.So team one would win with slightly deferent outcome."

Nah, don't really see Surfer taking out Warlock! Warlock has been a constant thorn in Thanos's side and is always done better against Thanos than the Surfer ever has or could ever hope to! As i've stated before, the Surfer gets alittle too much love around here that sometimes clouds people's judgement!
#11 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"Logic Mark III said:
"BA isnt the one taking out Gladiator. Silver Surfer is. Unfortunatley REALLY quickly. Silver Surfer knows the specific radiation wavelength he is vulnerable to. So i think he will get taken out quite quickly then its a 2v.s 1 thing."
Although we will agree that Team 1 wins, I still disagree that BA cannot take out Gladiator for all the principal reasons presented in the Superman vs Gladiator fight.
"
What issue ?
#12 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio
lordraiden said:
"Ball Buster said:
" Silver Surfer would take out Adam Warlock and I think Gladiator would take out Black Adam. The bottom line Silver Surfer takes out Gladiator in the end.So team one would win with slightly deferent outcome."

Nah, don't really see Surfer taking out Warlock! Warlock has been a constant thorn in Thanos's side and is always done better against Thanos than the Surfer ever has or could ever hope to! As i've stated before, the Surfer gets alittle too much love around here that sometimes clouds people's judgement!"
Drax kills Thanos but would not be able to beat Silver Surfer. Adam Warlock only seems resurrect himself as his most powerful ability.I just really don't see Adam Warlock beating Silver Surfer .

#13 Edited by warlock360 (28054 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"BA should be able to beat Gladiator"

"in my opinion and SS would overcome Warlock.
"
Okay the first one is possibly granted, but in all the encounters SS and W had SS never managed to beat Warlock, why should he now?
#14 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
Ball Buster said:
"the creator said:
"Logic Mark III said:
"
What issue ?"
Not in the comics, but as discussed here on the comic vine battle boards.

Although I agree that Gladiator's power levels have fluctuated a lot, I still believe that BA is far stronger, faster (outside of hyper space) and more durable than Gladiator.
He also has the equivalent of the Wisdom of Solomon to make use of (that he does little to access usually).
#15 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think BA is far stronger or faster at all. And it doesnt make sense to make Gladiator actually fight. If he does he could be very dangerous. It makes more sense for the guy that knows how to kill him very easily to actually kill him and then get himself an advantage in numbers.

#16 Posted by warlock360 (28054 posts) - - Show Bio

Well creator, why won't you back up your theory of SS defeating Warlock? For every argument you make on that, i can counter it with a scan.

#17 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"Well creator, why won't you back up your theory of SS defeating Warlock? For every argument you make on that, i can counter it with a scan.
"
How about the one where Warlock gets KO'ed by simply a stronger opponent - not a wielder of the power cosmic - but just punched in the head. Will that work ?

Examples of that exist.

In the past Warlock has apparently been destroyed only to reappaear as he was said to be outside of destiny's hand (of the like). I accept that, but he has still been KO'ed and hurt. In fact all Surfer really needs to do is imprison him. How will Warlock esacpe from a cubic block of diamond 30' ft on a side (or some such other super hard / strong material) ?
How about escaping from a block of force energy ?
#18 Posted by warlock360 (28054 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course, but I'll give you scans of him defeated Drax h2h, and NOT off guard!

#19 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
Logic Mark III said:
"I dont think BA is far stronger or faster at all. And it doesnt make sense to make Gladiator actually fight. If he does he could be very dangerous. It makes more sense for the guy that knows how to kill him very easily to actually kill him and then get himself an advantage in numbers. "
I never suggested that it was not better for Surfer to attack him knowing his weakness or to simply do a passby on Gladiator projecting the correct wavelength of radiation that would weaken him.

My argument was with BA being inferior than Gladiator but that's for a different thread.
#20 Posted by warlock360 (28054 posts) - - Show Bio

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/vsdestr1.jpg

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/vsdestr2.jpg

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/vsdestr3.jpg

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/vsdestr4.jpg

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/vsdestr5.jpg

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/vsdestr6.jpg

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/vsdestr7.jpg

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/vsdestr8.jpg

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/vsdestr9.jpg

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/vsdestr10.jpg

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/vsdestr11.jpg

sorry for the full page posts :(

#21 Posted by warlock360 (28054 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah and this one is nice aswell, Warlock has the ability to

#22 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

As this thread on says Warlock, the natural conclusion is that it is current Warlock - not the classic version.

As I cannot see your images, do any of them relate to the current Warlock ?

#23 Posted by warlock360 (28054 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"

As this thread on says Warlock, the natural conclusion is that it is current Warlock - not the classic version.

"
First of all, dont be so lazy just copy and past them into the URL bar, second of all you know damn right they aren't, and third if i did post the new version of Adam Warlock Buckshot,Gambler and some other few would come along and not take it for grant (even though Marvel says otherwise) according to Marvel these images show Adam going at the speed of light

caption
caption
caption

But then Buckshot says that he cant **really** see him doing it, so ask you, how the hell can you see someone going at the speed of light in a picture <.<

#24 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"the creator said:
"

"
First of all, dont be so lazy just copy and past them into the URL bar, second of all you know damn right they aren't, and third if i did post the new version of Adam Warlock Buckshot,Gambler and some other few would come along and not take it for grant (even though Marvel says otherwise) according to Marvel these images show Adam going at the speed of light

But then Buckshot says that he cant **really** see him doing it, so ask you, how the hell can you see someone going at the speed of light in a picture <.<
"

1. I had not realised that you wanted me to go find those images, otherwise I would have. That is not being lazy, that's me saying that most people post the image here as a record of what they have shown.
  2. Don't ever call me lazy. You don't know me and vice versa.
  3. How was I to know that they related to to classic warlock without seeing them. That's right, my telepathy must be on the fritz.......
  4. Where does it say on those images that Adam is going at the speed of light ? Even if he can, the Sufer is faster.
  5. Why does being able to fly at light speed mean that Warlock would overcome the Surfer ?
  6. The current Warlock's body was 'hijacked' by Ultron and then KO'ed in a subsequent fight. Even if Ultron could not access all of the energy control powers in the body, that does not really make me feel that Warlock could beat the current version of the Silver Surfer.
#25 Edited by warlock360 (28054 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"Voidheart said:
"the creator said:
"

"

"

1. I had not realised that you wanted me to go find those images, otherwise I would have. That is not being lazy, that's me saying that most people post the image here as a record of what they have shown.
  2. Don't ever call me lazy. You don't know me and vice versa.
  3. How was I to know that they related to to classic warlock without seeing them. That's right, my telepathy must be on the fritz.......
  4. Where does it say on those images that Adam is going at the speed of light ? Even if he can, the Sufer is faster.
  5. Why does being able to fly at light speed mean that Warlock would overcome the Surfer ?
  6. The current Warlock's body was 'hijacked' by Ultron and then KO'ed in a subsequent fight. Even if Ultron could not access all of the energy control powers in the body, that does not really make me feel that Warlock could beat the current version of the Silver Surfer.
"
There we go, i thought you were being sarcastic and were trying to insult me, so i returned the favor (from all the things i've seen you do on here being lazy is definitly not one of them).

As for the images, thats exactly what i ment, you cant really use these images for any battles because its not officially written down how hard he punches, how fast he can go etc.

Though there is one thing i can say, Everytime Adam revives from a cocoon he gets stronger and stronger, may it be Physically or Mentally.

caption
He has evolved from that point on aswell.

#26 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

All I want to say here is Warlock has never been shown to be weaker than Silver Surfer on any level even before Annihilation...and he evolves in caccoons in Annihilation so he has gotten significantly stronger.

#27 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

First time wins. SS can work with adam warlock or he can take on gladiator. But ba isn't stronger then gladiator. When people say that on the vine its obvious they don't know marvel characters or just read dc. Also what creator said on the superman vs gladiator that really just shows how everybody thinks superman is gonna take down marvel with bitzing when he can barely take on toy man or doomsday. I think team one wins though.

#28 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
"First time wins. SS can work with adam warlock or he can take on gladiator. But ba isn't stronger then gladiator. When people say that on the vine its obvious they don't know marvel characters or just read dc. Also what creator said on the superman vs gladiator that really just shows how everybody thinks superman is gonna take down marvel with bitzing when he can barely take on toy man or doomsday. I think team one wins though.
"

Are you saying Black Adam isn't stronger than Gladiator?
#29 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:

There we go, i thought you were being sarcastic and were trying to insult me, so i returned the favor (from all the things i've seen you do on here being lazy is definitly not one of them).

As for the images, thats exactly what i ment, you cant really use these images for any battles because its not officially written down how hard he punches, how fast he can go etc.

Though there is one thing i can say, Everytime Adam revives from a cocoon he gets stronger and stronger, may it be Physically or Mentally.

No but the images can used to provide at least some guidelines for estimates.

Shatterax (during his fights with the Avengers and the Sh'iar) was shown to possess superhuman strength. How much was difficult to quantify but he appeared stronger than Capt Atlas (5 - 10 tonnes) but less than Iron Man (80 tonnes). This is a big range but I am plumping for the middling range of 40 - 50 tonnes from some displays in his fight with Ironman.

Warlock obviously uses a force energy augmented punch to to send him hurtling from the Citadel.

From the showing I think that this is a feat that the Thing or Ironman (current) could perform. So again a complete estimate but this would put him hitting at the same level of force as some of the heavy sluggers of Marvel Earth.

That would seem to be a step up on his previous punching power level, although we cannot ascertain or even estimate his inherent level of strength from this display.

Now in the past Warlock used comic energy to bolster his metabolism and power his energy blasts and flight etc.
If he is currently relying on cosmic energy to preform this activity (and even if it is not cosmic energy but another form, it matters little), the Surfer can manipulate this energy - absorbing it, dispating it or simply supressing it.  I tend to think that his control over energy would be greater than that of Warlock.

Even at a higher power level, Warlock still has endurance limits and I doubt that they even approach those of the Surfer who need only rest after 3 - 4 months of activity as his brain still retains organic elements (and hence he needs to sleep). Warlock will simply tire out, be it hours or days later - the Surfer won't.

Warlock's body was also KO'ed as previously mentioned and the energy employed in the blow did not seem that great. Warlocks durability therefore appears to be far less than that of the Surfer who has withstood blows from Mjolnir and other heralds without significant damage.

Finally, although warlock does indeed seem more powerful, he is new to his powers - still understanding their application and scope. The Surfer knows his like the back of his hand (not such a good analogy as his hand is smooth and featureless but there you are).

The Surfer can and will win this battle.
#30 Posted by warlock360 (28054 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock gets his new powers from the souls of the defeated as a result of the normal Annihilation storyline, question is, can Surfer Control the soul powered Adam Warlock's powers?

#31 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember Silver Surfer has also had an upgrade in power.

#32 Posted by captain strange (73 posts) - - Show Bio

i'd say team 1.

#33 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1

#34 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"zee crusher said:
"First time wins. SS can work with adam warlock or he can take on gladiator. But ba isn't stronger then gladiator. When people say that on the vine its obvious they don't know marvel characters or just read dc. Also what creator said on the superman vs gladiator that really just shows how everybody thinks superman is gonna take down marvel with bitzing when he can barely take on toy man or doomsday. I think team one wins though.
"

Are you saying Black Adam isn't stronger than Gladiator?"
He really isn't stronger.
#35 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
"
When Gladiator displays that he can perform strength feats that approach those of Superman (who BA is basically as strong as) then you can prove me wrong. Until that time Gladiator's feats show him to be the weaker.

Look at the feats, weigh them up and then make a judgement. Oh and if you do that, please show some evidence to back up your figures.
#36 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

Its all opinion. There are no facts .Its comics!

#37 Posted by HellionVulcan (3867 posts) - - Show Bio
Ball Buster said:
I agree no matter what i see surfer being the main one to get the win .. .
#38 Posted by BattleMage (1128 posts) - - Show Bio
@Logic Mark III said:
" BA isnt the one taking out Gladiator. Silver Surfer is. Unfortunatley REALLY quickly. Silver Surfer knows the specific radiation wavelength he is vulnerable to. So i think he will get taken out quite quickly then its a 2v.s 1 thing. "
I think naturally, BA & Glads would see one another and want to test each other out. Leaving SS to fight AW.
#39 Posted by CosmicGod432 (177 posts) - - Show Bio
Silver surfer would easily take Gladiator out and than if Black Adam fails to take out Warlock than the Surfer would take him out. Either way Surfers team takes this easily.