#51 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5131 posts) - - Show Bio
@jameshebrew Cosmic awareness says hello. SS will know as soon as he meets him. SS 8/10
#52 Posted by SlimJ87D (9315 posts) - - Show Bio

@jameshebrew said:

supermans brute strength may allow him to make this a contest..isnt superman faster than SS not in traveling but in combat speed and dodging ability

I don't see any kind of evidence that Superman is any faster than Surfer is. Surfer has a few speed feats of his own like nano second reaction time, destroying multiple ships single panel and he himself claims he moves at solar wind speeds which can be anywhere from 150 to 600 km/s.

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/7940/story2page01combatwa4.jpg

Black Adam ran at Mach 500 before his muscles gave out (Mach 500 = 380 603.525 mph) and 600 km/s is 600 (kilometers / second) = 1 342 161.78 mph

Take it all for what it's worth. The fight isn't going to be H2H anywayas as Silver Surfer will just energy projectile, matter manipulate, etc Superman.

#53 Posted by God_Spawn (37293 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer AGAIN.

Moderator
#54 Posted by NEEK_03 (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

@jameshebrew said:

@80sBaby: i dont think ss would know those to be weaknesses of supes

exactly. how would surfer automatically know his weaknesses. come on. also superman has much faster combat speeds. he could keep speed blitzing. if superman didnt hold back this could be a very hard fight for either. idk why superman haters just say SS. and leave it at that. Ive seen the scan where his cosmic awareness notifies him of gladiators weakness. it wasnt that clean cut. also whats to say he just dosnt speed blitz him b4 ss has a chance to do anything. yes ss has fast traveling speeds but who can show fast combat speeds.

#55 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23132 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Surfer AGAIN.

It's painful for me to say but this.

Online
#56 Posted by jameshebrew (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: im not really talking about travel speed, but if supes can close the gap can he possibly speed blitz him..

isnt ss pretty much done if he gets knocked off his board?

i may be wrong but i doubt ss can matter manipulate superman

#57 Posted by Immortal777 (6826 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer wins if he fight smart

The only way supes wins if surfer decides to go h2h surfer isnt the best at h2h nor is he physically superior to supes at all

#58 Posted by jameshebrew (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@80sBaby: @WaveMotionCannon: cosmic awareness states that the users mind becomes 1 with the universe..being that superman isnt from that universe ss would not be able to determine his weaknesses

#59 Posted by 80sBaby (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

@NEEK_03: Speedblitz isn't Clark's "go-to" move, that's why most people aren't considering it. He could do that but, odds are, he won't. Surfer, OTOH, has a good record against foes who are reliant on/weak against energy maipulation. Neither of these guys are killers so they will hold back. IMO, Surfer has more options while holding back than Superman does. Supes best option is a blitz, which he rarely uses so...

#60 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5131 posts) - - Show Bio
@NEEK_03 Surfer has shown nano second reaction time and you can't speed blitz someone faster than you.
#61 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2762 posts) - - Show Bio

@speed said:

superman one million would kick surfers ass

What does that have to do with this. He has no feats what so ever. For all we know, Red Hulk could beat. And Surfer destroys supes with ease.

#62 Posted by 80sBaby (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

@jameshebrew: No offense, but that's a pretty weak argument. This is a Versus Battle so we should assume a shared universe. You may as well say Surfer is de-powered because there's no PC in DCU or that Marvel's suns are different in wavelength so Superman has no abilities. Also, Surfer can see all across the energy spectrum normally (meaning, unlike Clark, he doesn't have to actively use it.) So he'd see that Superman is solar battery.

#63 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11698 posts) - - Show Bio

@Goku1fan: My fanboy-senses are tingling

Anyway back on topic, Surfer wins if this is just regular superman, sundipped (1-7 days) would lean more in supermans favor since his weaknesses are no longer exploitable after sundipping, as well as his speed being greater. That said, surfer wont last long in a physical fight with sundipped superman, but since he isn't sundipped here......Norrin wins. KC Superman, Red Son, One Million and Superman Prime would beat the surfer tho.........Silver/Bronze Age goes without saying.

#64 Posted by jameshebrew (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@WaveMotionCannon: that was a reflex not his actual ability to move that fast...like a human can blink if somthing comes at there eyes..doesent mean they can always move that fast in combat...supes is a faster combatant

#65 Posted by SlimJ87D (9315 posts) - - Show Bio

@jameshebrew said:

@SlimJ87D: im not really talking about travel speed, but if supes can close the gap can he possibly speed blitz him..

isnt ss pretty much done if he gets knocked off his board?

i may be wrong but i doubt ss can matter manipulate superman

Didn't you see my scan? Silver Surfer speeds out of the way of Hulk's blow and says he can move at solar wind speeds if he wants to.

#66 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@Goku1fan: My fanboy-senses are tingling

Anyway back on topic, Surfer wins if this is just regular superman, sundipped (1-7 days) would lean more in supermans favor since his weaknesses are no longer exploitable after sundipping, as well as his speed being greater. That said, surfer wont last long in a physical fight with sundipped superman, but since he isn't sundipped here......Norrin wins. KC Superman, Red Son, One Million and Superman Prime would beat the surfer tho.........Silver/Bronze Age goes without saying.

Surfer could just use molecule control to turn him into a toaster, even if sun dipped.

#67 Posted by jashro44 (19509 posts) - - Show Bio
@jameshebrew: Surfer does not need his board to operate.
Online
#68 Posted by jameshebrew (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: ya i saw but hulk isnt exactly speed blitzing...

and also ss was referring to his travel speed i believe not his combat speed

y couldnt superman take ss off his board

#69 Posted by NEEK_03 (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

@jameshebrew said:

@SlimJ87D: im not really talking about travel speed, but if supes can close the gap can he possibly speed blitz him..

isnt ss pretty much done if he gets knocked off his board?

i may be wrong but i doubt ss can matter manipulate superman

Didn't you see my scan? Silver Surfer speeds out of the way of Hulk's blow and says he can move at solar wind speeds if he wants to.

dodging hulk isnt a speed feat. spiderman does that on the regular.

just because SS claims it dosnt mean he can. i wanna see him do it.

#70 Posted by jameshebrew (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: can he fly with out it..and he be depowered with if seperated

#71 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2762 posts) - - Show Bio

@NEEK_03 said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@jameshebrew said:

@SlimJ87D: im not really talking about travel speed, but if supes can close the gap can he possibly speed blitz him..

isnt ss pretty much done if he gets knocked off his board?

i may be wrong but i doubt ss can matter manipulate superman

Didn't you see my scan? Silver Surfer speeds out of the way of Hulk's blow and says he can move at solar wind speeds if he wants to.

dodging hulk isnt a speed feat. spiderman does that on the regular.

just because SS claims it dosnt mean he can. i wanna see him do it.

Surfer has been proven to easily exceed speed of light, WITH REEAAL EASE.

#72 Posted by Immortal777 (6826 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer flight speed is faster than superman other than that he isnt faster. Physically superman is superior to sufer just has more powers

#73 Posted by jameshebrew (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@Petey_is_Spidey: for the last time were talking about his combat speed not his travel speed...2 different things completly!!

#74 Posted by NEEK_03 (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@NEEK_03 Surfer has shown nano second reaction time and you can't speed blitz someone faster than you.

SS isnt faster then superman. i dont think so at all. i would like to see his "nanosecond" reaction time.

@80sBaby said:

@NEEK_03: Speedblitz isn't Clark's "go-to" move, that's why most people aren't considering it. He could do that but, odds are, he won't. Surfer, OTOH, has a good record against foes who are reliant on/weak against energy maipulation. Neither of these guys are killers so they will hold back. IMO, Surfer has more options while holding back than Superman does. Supes best option is a blitz, which he rarely uses so...

true he dosnt always do it, but whats to say he wont? he may, especially if he starts gettin blasted by the powers cosmic, and feels the kind of damage its doing to him.

#75 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11698 posts) - - Show Bio

@Petey_is_Spidey: If sundipped, surfer wont have time to slowly transmute superman's molecules into a toaster, you do know for someone of superman's density plus bio-electric aura of protection, transmutation is a challenge for all but the best at it (Especially if sundipped). So........NO....if sundipped, superman blitzes surfer, not giving him time to work his transmutation powers. But he isn't sundipped here or even incredibly angry, so Norrin wins.

#76 Posted by jameshebrew (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@80sBaby: well by definition its true, so until i see him do it we cant assume he could use it

#77 Posted by 80sBaby (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

@jameshebrew: Yes, Superman does hae faster combat speed than Surfer. But, again, how often does he use it? And no, Surfer is not de-powered off his board. That was only in the horrible FF movie.

#78 Posted by NEEK_03 (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

@NEEK_03 said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@jameshebrew said:

@SlimJ87D: im not really talking about travel speed, but if supes can close the gap can he possibly speed blitz him..

isnt ss pretty much done if he gets knocked off his board?

i may be wrong but i doubt ss can matter manipulate superman

Didn't you see my scan? Silver Surfer speeds out of the way of Hulk's blow and says he can move at solar wind speeds if he wants to.

dodging hulk isnt a speed feat. spiderman does that on the regular.

just because SS claims it dosnt mean he can. i wanna see him do it.

Surfer has been proven to easily exceed speed of light, WITH REEAAL EASE.

looks like someone replied for me.

@jameshebrew said:

@Petey_is_Spidey: for the last time were talking about his combat speed not his travel speed...2 different things completly!!

#79 Posted by SlimJ87D (9315 posts) - - Show Bio

@NEEK_03: @jameshebrew:

Okay, so him dodging a blow with blurs behind and telling Hulk that he pretty much can't hit him because he can move at Solar Winds isn't you seeing him doing it? Look at the picture, he's not on his board, he's obviously not talking about how fast he can travel and besides that he can travel way faster than that, there are tons of evidence he travels way faster than that so we can conclude that he wasn't talking about him flying or traveling at solar wind speeds which is slower than light. So what else can he be talking about when he moves at a blur and says he can move at solar wind speeds?

It's not the fact that Hulk isn't fast, the's the fact that SS moved at blur speeds and he himself saying that he can move at solar winds.

#80 Posted by jameshebrew (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@80sBaby: idk if we say he isnt going to use speedblitz than we could say ss wont use some of his powers and the hole battle looses context

also

can ss fly without his board,,in other words why dos he even have it if it doesnt effect him?

#81 Posted by 80sBaby (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

@NEEK_03: I agree that Clark may use a blitz attack but, really, what are the odds? I'd say Surfer is much, much more likely to use energy manipulation before Clark speeds up. If draining wasn't such a concern for Clark, the Parasite wouldn't be one of his main rogues.

#82 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23132 posts) - - Show Bio

@NEEK_03:

i would like to see his "nanosecond" reaction time.

Online
#83 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11698 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is this still being debated? Unless the OP is changed to a different superman (sun-dipped, Kingdom Come, Red Son, Prime, One Million, Gold Prime One Million) Superman loses.........Cosmic awareness would be all surfer needs to find out the weaknesses, use them, and while weakened, transmute him or just blast him.

#84 Posted by 80sBaby (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

@jameshebrew: The difference is that Surfer normally does use energy manip against opponents whereas Clark rarely uses his speed, even when it makes sense to do so. And we don't need to see Surfer use his abilities on Clark to guess if they'd work. We've seen him use them on foes comparable to Superman and we've seen energy manipulators mess Superman up so, until we see evidence of it not working on Clark, we should assume it will. That's how logic works.

#85 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@Petey_is_Spidey: If sundipped, surfer wont have time to slowly transmute superman's molecules into a toaster, you do know for someone of superman's density plus bio-electric aura of protection, transmutation is a challenge for all but the best at it (Especially if sundipped). So........NO....if sundipped, superman blitzes surfer, not giving him time to work his transmutation powers. But he isn't sundipped here or even incredibly angry, so Norrin wins.

You don't know what your talking about, do you. Even if that doesn't work, surfer has many other arsenals, such as:

Going Intangible and ripping Superman's brain out, or Using Kryptonite radiation to kill him.

#86 Posted by jameshebrew (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: from what i can tell it sounds more like a hyperbole given ss travels in space and all..

#87 Posted by jameshebrew (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days: again cosmic awareness by definition only works with the universe the person is from, superman isnt from that universe therefore it cant work

#88 Posted by Nefarious (18581 posts) - - Show Bio

This is like "Superman vs Thor" except that it is not as worst.

#89 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11698 posts) - - Show Bio

@Petey_is_Spidey: Obviously you don't know what you are talking about, nor did you read what i wrote earlier because, while sundipped superman's kryptonite weakness is gone (especially more than a day, like i said but you can't read apparently), and his bio-electric aura if strengthened and expanded can reach out to intangible objects as well (if not then read ahead). And if superman is as fast as or faster than surfer after (a day or more) of sun-dipping, then how will he touch/get close to superman (this is if the bio-electric aura can be disproved)? Please read this time.

#90 Posted by jameshebrew (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@80sBaby: the only logical thing is for clark to speedblitz

#91 Posted by SlimJ87D (9315 posts) - - Show Bio

@jameshebrew said:

@SlimJ87D: from what i can tell it sounds more like a hyperbole given ss travels in space and all..

It's not hyperbole. Hulk even takes what Silver Surfer said as his combat speed. The writer is writing it very clear to you as to how fast Silver Surfer moved there. If you fail to believe it then that is on you. The writer has Silver Surfer say it and for Hulk to address it. Plain and simple.

#92 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer wins.

#93 Posted by NEEK_03 (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@NEEK_03:

i would like to see his "nanosecond" reaction time.

nice scan, and i see where u are going with this. but this dosnt

necessarily show nanosecond reaction time. do to the fact that he had been struggling to get out of the shackles for a few pannels. it just shows that he broke out of it in time. time being a nanosecond longer.

#94 Posted by 80sBaby (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

@jameshebrew: 1. You misunderstood my point about logic. 2. Clark doesn't always do what makes the most sense. That's kind of my point. Just because he could and it makes sense doesn't mean he will since he hardly ever does. Surfer, OTOH, does fight the way i described on a regular basis.

#95 Posted by jameshebrew (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: it just sounds like hes comparing his speed to something in a relative seance not necessarily a exact measurement given that solar winds vary in speed so much

#96 Posted by SlimJ87D (9315 posts) - - Show Bio

@jameshebrew: Take as you want but it clearly says what it says. Otherwise Superman saying he's faster than a speeding bullet without using flight is a hyperbole as well.

#97 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11698 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: so using that logic...flash isn't faster than a speeding bullet.............your logic not mine

#98 Posted by jameshebrew (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: but superman is faster than a bullet we've seen him catch up to bullets and catch bullets all the time..where as im not sure we have ever seen ss fly faster than the solar winds..

not to mention when that comic was published i doubt there knowledge on the solar winds was accurate,so its hard to say how fast he really is from that scan

#99 Posted by SlimJ87D (9315 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@SlimJ87D: so using that logic...flash isn't faster than a speeding bullet.............your logic not mine

You don't even know what I'm talking about, but clearly you know what I'm trying to say. Care to elaborate?

#100 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

Take as you want but it clearly says what it says. Otherwise Superman saying he's faster than a speeding bullet without using flight is a hyperbole as well.

Not true.