• 168 results
Posted by Verotikryptonite (304 posts) 7 months, 16 days ago

Poll: Silver Sufer vs Death Seed Sentry (115 votes)

1. Surfer 60%
2. Sentry 38%

Fight takes place in crowded Los Angeles

Both blood Lusted

No BFR

#1 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5342 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer. Since Sentry stated he doesn't need a body, his soul drives him can't Surfer take him to astral plane and defeat him there ?

#2 Edited by GhostRider2 (3279 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer, i wanted to make this battle myself.

#3 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4296 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer. Just waiting for the onslaught of sentry fanboys now with absurd claims...

#4 Posted by eternityx (2641 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry's powerful, but hasn't got the feats to put him on Surfer's level.

I have no doubt that in a couple of months Sentry will probably be more powerful than Surfer, but as of right now, SS wins.

#5 Posted by Verotikryptonite (304 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer, i was wanted to make this battle myself.

`Sorry bro, I'm sure you would have done a much better job

#6 Posted by Erkan12 (2620 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry.

#7 Posted by GhostRider2 (3279 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Beware_My_Power (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice idea for a battle, as eternityx said surfer wins(at least for now)

#9 Posted by I_am_Warlock (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Death Seed Sentry wins.

Prof X and Emma together had trouble getting though Sentry , Silver Surfer TP isnt doing jack.

Matter manipulation might, but seeing his performance against Molecule Man Silver Surfer is fighting an uphill battle.

#10 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17144 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer. Since Sentry stated he doesn't need a body, his soul drives him can't Surfer take him to astral plane and defeat him there ?

Astral Plane works by psionic power. Surfer is unbeatable there, but I don't see a reason why Surfer's TP should be putted above Sentry's, ergo - Surfer shouldn't be able to do that.

Silver Surfer, i wanted to make this battle myself.

Surfer. Just waiting for the onslaught of sentry fanboys now with absurd claims...

Based on? Surfer never one-shotted Thor, he can control his own molecules in way Sentry does, his TK also wasn't strong enough to stop Mjolnir. Sentry stopped Void, who fought with army of Earth heroes two different times. Army that once had Thor and Loki and Norn Stones and once Black Bolt and Dr. Strange.

In other words: I am not sure which Surfer's powers would give him win and how he can put down Sentry.

Sentry's powerful, but hasn't got the feats to put him on Surfer's level.

I have no doubt that in a couple of months Sentry will probably be more powerful than Surfer, but as of right now, SS wins.

Nice idea for a battle, as eternityx said surfer wins(at least for now)

Sentry already shown greater control over his own body, TP on level that would block Surfer, greater strength and TK.

#11 Posted by GhostRider2 (3279 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: well he didn't convince me that he is any better than SS, he never did i won't argue TP since SS can block others too however no reason for Senty to be above either.As for Thor fight with SS bad writing and SS avoiding the fight, SS should always win and you know it.SS for now and if Sentry gets better im fine with that, until SS gets new comics.

#12 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4296 posts) - - Show Bio

......sigh.......facepalm.

#13 Edited by Experio (15100 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough call, Sentry defeated Thor with minor difficulty, Thor = Surfer. But since they have different abilities and Surfer's power Cosmic would be effective due to the versality of technique s available. Also, Thor was not bloodlusted in his fight with Sentry, Surfer would have a better probability in winning.

#14 Posted by Thitiki (3396 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Edited by Shiryu (3444 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Surfer gets more feats in addition to his many already impressive ones in the near future to end this debate. Permanently.

#16 Posted by NICK31898 (2134 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1: looks like you got your wish.

Surfer win. He is just too powerful

#17 Posted by Jmarshmallow (4574 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatttttt???? I haven't read much of Death Seed Sentry, but from what I've heard, he's even stronger than Void Sentry?!?

And that would mean that he's stronger than Molecule Man, can resist TP from the likes of the incredibly powerful Prof X and Emma, can one-shot Thor, ripped his own face off, and has strong enough TK to stop Mjolnir in its tracks.

Someone wanna explain how Surfer wins instead of just "just waiting for the onslaught of Sentry fanboys"?

Jmarshmallow

#18 Posted by X_insignia1 (1383 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry, the way he handled Thor was pretty o.d. I don't recall Surfer handling Thor in such a manner. Sentry appears to be operating a bit above the herald Tier.

#19 Edited by cooljammy18 (909 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry has had some decent showings so far. I myself am leaning more towards the Surfer until I see more feats.

#20 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5059 posts) - - Show Bio

SS

#21 Posted by AsgardianXeno929 (839 posts) - - Show Bio

When did Sentry one-shot Thor? What I saw was Sentry bullrushing an Unaware Thor who got right back up and fought him a bit, then Sentry left and Thor followed him immediately and fought some more until Wasp ended the fight. I honestly think the writers did all that on purpose, left it vague so they can use it later on.

#22 Edited by New_World_Order (12895 posts) - - Show Bio

@experio said:

Tough call, Sentry defeated Thor with minor difficulty, Thor = Surfer. But since they have different abilities and Surfer's power Cosmic would be effective due to the versality of technique s available. Also, Thor was not bloodlusted in his fight with Sentry, Surfer would have a better probability in winning.

#23 Posted by New_World_Order (12895 posts) - - Show Bio

When did Sentry one-shot Thor? What I saw was Sentry bullrushing an Unaware Thor who got right back up and fought him a bit, then Sentry left and Thor followed him immediately and fought some more until Wasp ended the fight. I honestly think the writers did all that on purpose, left it vague so they can use it later on.

#24 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4296 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry, the way he handled Thor was pretty o.d. I don't recall Surfer handling Thor in such a manner. Sentry appears to be operating a bit above the herald Tier.

y'know what............................he does. Sentry IS lookin quite impressive nowadays. I feel humbled......am i stubborn?

#25 Posted by AlphaMayne (41 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianxeno929: you must be forcefully tryna forget what happened to thor...

And people...

Sentry is man handling everyone, he showed powerful TK enough to stop a speeding mjolnir, he put together his face and brains from being turned into a pulp then continued to manhandle thor, he's raping everyone's mind with TP and he hasn't shown one bit of effort or sttuggle at all...

Hows SS gonna stop sentry from manhandling him too?

#26 Edited by AsgardianXeno929 (839 posts) - - Show Bio

@alphamayne: @thundergodswrath: That was just the end of the fight (it was still short). First, an unaware Thor was tackled at atleast lightspeed into another planet, then Sentry used TK (which is strong enough to stop mjolnir) to throw stuff at Thor, then he blasted him. And it wasn't enough to keep him down for long, because a few pages later Thor is shown using a portal and an ocean planet to fix the mess they made on the planet (which is shown even more in the next comic).

He wasn't able to keep Thor down for long at all, and Silver Surfer is VERY durable against Energy attacks which were just shown to barely knock thor out.

#27 Edited by Cgoodness (4211 posts) - - Show Bio

SS has the feats to give him the win, Though if sentry gets used a bit more and stacks some more feats then he would probably win.

#28 Posted by dondave (35935 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer

#29 Posted by New_World_Order (12895 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry.

#30 Posted by Teh_pwnerer (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta go with Sentry in this one.

#31 Posted by ManInTheMountain (698 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_am_warlock: just matter manipulation?

What about

Energy manipulation

Telepathy

Power Cosmic

Black Hole

Supernova?

Can Sentry take that?

#32 Edited by JediXMan (30184 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a problem with the current line of thought, which is completely dependent on ABC logic (Sentry > Thor > Sufer).

Also, Thor hasn't fought Surfer post-Annihilation, to my knowledge. Meanwhile, Surfer at 2% power (I think that's what it was) took hits from Planet Hulk without much trouble, only staggering when he stopped fighting back. So I don't think this is an accurate depiction. Also, he did oneshot the Cancerverse Thor with ease, and the Cancerverse versions were shown to be equal to the 616 counterparts (aside from being immortal).

He's also at planetary destruction level. Sentry's ability to do such is mostly limited to quotes and a What If, which isn't enough for me to put him in that category.

I still back Surfer, but I am beginning to have more respect for Sentry. If he had been Death Seed since day one and skipped all the crap during Dark Reign, I might have been a fan.

Moderator Online
#33 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

@maninthemountain:

What about

Energy manipulation

Sentry has energy manipulation too and its pretty advanced at that too.

Telepathy

Sentry has telepathy too and from what we seen. it seems Sentry telepathy is far more advanced being that he erased everyone's memories on Earth including the memories of omega level mutants. Not only that but its said to be hard to penetrate the Sentrys mind and even telepaths like Xavier, Emma Frost, Dr Strange, Marvel boy,etc,etc stated so.

Power Cosmic

You mean cosmic awareness? Sentry has no weaknesses that the Silver Surfer can exploit.

Black Hole

The Sentry can teleport.

Supernova?

When has the Silver Surfer shown to be able to even do that?

#34 Posted by patrat18 (9445 posts) - - Show Bio

#35 Posted by JediXMan (30184 posts) - - Show Bio

Telepathy

Sentry has telepathy too and from what we seen. it seems Sentry telepathy is far more advanced being that he erased everyone's memories on Earth including the memories of omega level mutants. Not only that but its said to be hard to penetrate the Sentrys mind and even telepaths like Xavier, Emma Frost, Dr Strange, Marvel boy,etc,etc stated so.

This was done with the assistance of Reed Richards' tech and Dr. Strange's magic. It was not with pure telepathy.

While it's possible Sentry could block Surfer from attacking him mentally, if Sentry decided to make it a telepathic fight, Surfer would stomp him in the Astral Plane.

Moderator Online
#36 Edited by God_Spawn (37564 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: Thor and Post- A Surfer fought under Fraction's run on Thor.

Moderator Online
#37 Edited by JediXMan (30184 posts) - - Show Bio

I like to pretend that run doesn't exist... but I stopped long before that.

So how'd it go, exactly? And what was the context?

Moderator Online
#38 Edited by King-Stranglehold da first (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:
@king_stranglehold_da_first said:

Telepathy

This was done with the assistance of Reed Richards' tech and Dr. Strange's magic. It was not with pure telepathy.

While it's possible Sentry could block Surfer from attacking him mentally, if Sentry decided to make it a telepathic fight, Surfer would stomp him in the Astral Plane.

No there was another time with the General and the General used Sentrys telepathy. The case with Strange and Reed, it didn't work.

How do we even know Surfer would stomp him in astral plane?

#39 Posted by God_Spawn (37564 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:
@god_spawn said:

I like to pretend that run doesn't exist... but I stopped long before that.

So how'd it go, exactly? And what was the context?

And that I can't remember.

@killemall I request your services. How did Fraction's Thor vs Surfer go?

Moderator Online
#40 Edited by King-Stranglehold da first (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

Neither really won and the Silver Surfer was holding back.

#41 Posted by JediXMan (30184 posts) - - Show Bio

No there was another time with the General and the General used Sentrys telepathy. The case with Strange and Reed, it didn't work.

No, that was the last memory wipe. It's the one that was "most recent."

How do we even know Surfer would stomp him in astral plane?

The Astral Plane is where his is at his strongest.

Moderator Online
#42 Edited by King-Stranglehold da first (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman:

Wrong. And the scan doesn't state anything about recent. There were multiple times which failed. Anyways heres the one with Mastermind which he uses his own powers...

#43 Edited by JediXMan (30184 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#44 Edited by King-Stranglehold da first (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

And the point of this needless hostility is...?

@jedixman:

Wrong. And the scan doesn't state anything about recent. There were multiple times which failed. Anyways heres the one with Mastermind which he uses his own powers...

You know that is the most recent... how?

Who was being hostile? It was not recent because when Strange and Reed erased everyones memories including the Sentrys. The memories of him being the Sentry came back.

They then do it another time, but the Sentry remembers once again....

The one with Master Mind was the final one and under his own power. And even the Inhumans forgot about the Sentry. Prior to Master Minds one, the Inhumans still remembered him. So yeah the one with Reed/Strange is not recent. Master Mind mind controlled the Sentry and made him erase everyone's memories including his. That is when the Sentry forgot he was the Sentry.

#45 Posted by Doomnaut (1993 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer.

#46 Posted by Killemall (18458 posts) - - Show Bio

nobody won or lost and they stopped fighting when the heavy weights(Galactus and Odin) started their battle.

#47 Posted by JediXMan (30184 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

nobody won or lost and they stopped fighting when the heavy weights(Galactus and Odin) started their battle.

What were their mindsets? I understand that it was a stalemate, but is there anything that can be derived from their confrontation?

Moderator Online
#48 Posted by dorukesin (5476 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats the next ? DS Sentry vs TOAA ?

#49 Edited by Lvenger (19052 posts) - - Show Bio

Needless overhyping of Sentry's abilities once again. The Molecule Man instance was pure PIS drivel and Molecule Man jobbing when he'd shown molecular manipulation on a universal scale yet Sentry can somehow beat him due to a stupid Bendis retcon? Utterly disappointing and untrustworthy writing at its finest. Pre Annihilation Surfer had already shown feats superior to Bob's reliable molecule manipulation feats

Engaging the molecular evolution of an entire planet>anything Sentry has done without the PIS Molecule Man instance

Then there's telepathy. As it goes, Surfer is near untouchable in the astral plane and Bob has hardly any, if at all offensive TP feats of mind wiping and forcefully entering someone's mind. His powers were psionic in nature before the molecular manipulation retcon but he never had any proper uses of his mental abilities.

Finally, in terms of raw power output, Surfer effortlessly busts planets and can create black holes with his power and these were pre Annihilation upgrade.

Read from right to left.

Thus, I think it's clear to see why Surfer still wins this fight. When Death Seed Sentry gets more and reliable feats, then perhaps it'll be a worthy fight.

#50 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17144 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: well he didn't convince me that he is any better than SS, he never did i won't argue TP since SS can block others too however no reason for Senty to be above either.As for Thor fight with SS bad writing and SS avoiding the fight, SS should always win and you know it.SS for now and if Sentry gets better im fine with that, until SS gets new comics.

No, he shouldn't. Post-Annihilation Surfer may be above Thor, but Pre-A SS is for sure below him. Thor is holding back more often than Surfer, but he already won in bloodlust state with Surfer (Surfer was clearly bloodlusted) and Warlock in the same time. He did better against Thanos, he won and stalemated with PG Drax, while Surfer couldn't. More - Surfer couldn't really get his hands on Cosmic Bracelets Champion, but PG Drax one-shotted him.

Also Thor's hammer and his lightnings also have greater feats than Surfer, considering who was taken out by him - I put Gorr above Surfer any time. Alter Ego also was KOd from inside when Zephyr was near Thor.

@experio said:

Thor was powerless against Sentry, I don't see how bloodlust would change anything. And versality in this case is rather on Thor's side, since his magic powers can hurt even much more powerfull being. Other thing is fight out of character, becaue Thor should be able to affect Sentry's soul. Surfer can't affect Sentry's soul, which seems only way to deal with him.

@shiryu said:

I hope Surfer gets more feats in addition to his many already impressive ones in the near future to end this debate. Permanently.

I can assure You he will never get ones. Sentry's potential is greater than what he already shown and it is more than Surfer can take already.

Whatttttt???? I haven't read much of Death Seed Sentry, but from what I've heard, he's even stronger than Void Sentry?!?

And that would mean that he's stronger than Molecule Man, can resist TP from the likes of the incredibly powerful Prof X and Emma, can one-shot Thor, ripped his own face off, and has strong enough TK to stop Mjolnir in its tracks.

Someone wanna explain how Surfer wins instead of just "just waiting for the onslaught of Sentry fanboys"?

Jmarshmallow

+1

@i_am_warlock: just matter manipulation?

What about

Energy manipulation

Telepathy

Power Cosmic

Black Hole

Supernova?

Can Sentry take that?

Energy manipulation - from where he will drain Sentry's energy, if Sentry doesn't depend on body anymore? As he said - it is just a shell from his soul and he doesn't care about it.

Telepthy - Sentry's is greater. Surfer is invincible in Astral Plane, but there is no reason why Sentry should allow him to fight there with him. He will just leave AP.

Power Cosmic is a source of power, not power itself.

Supernova (I don't recall Surfer making supernova) and Black Hole - destruction Sentry's body isn't a way to deal with him.

@jedixman said:

I have a problem with the current line of thought, which is completely dependent on ABC logic (Sentry > Thor > Sufer).

Also, Thor hasn't fought Surfer post-Annihilation, to my knowledge. Meanwhile, Surfer at 2% power (I think that's what it was) took hits from Planet Hulk without much trouble, only staggering when he stopped fighting back. So I don't think this is an accurate depiction. Also, he did oneshot the Cancerverse Thor with ease, and the Cancerverse versions were shown to be equal to the 616 counterparts (aside from being immortal).

He's also at planetary destruction level. Sentry's ability to do such is mostly limited to quotes and a What If, which isn't enough for me to put him in that category.

I still back Surfer, but I am beginning to have more respect for Sentry. If he had been Death Seed since day one and skipped all the crap during Dark Reign, I might have been a fan.

They actually met two times in Mighty Thor, before Odin fought with Galactus -no result, they seemed pretty even Thor dented Surfer's skull, but Surfer wasn't going all out IMO.

They also met in Chaos War, were Surfer blocked Mjolnir with his desk, but Hercules one-shotted him when he was screaming too much.

WBHulk > WWHulk > Planet Hulk and WB Hulk still doesn't have feats on Thor level, based on Thor's fights with PG Drax (win and tie) and Classic Drax (edge vs Drax and Avengers, stun that released Drax from allien control). Also remember that Classic Sentry was equal to Void and Void two times fought with army of heroes and once crushed every bone in Hulk's body wtih one move.

I agree that Post-A Surfer > Thor, but difference in level between Surfer and Thor is smaller than Sentry and Thor. And Surfer has no way of dealing with Sentry, while Sentry has many ways of taking out Surfer.

Sentry has shown planet level energy projection here:

Also his fight with The Collective puts him much above that level, looking on how Collective dealt with Ms. Marvel - changed her into Binary with 1st and took down with 2nd move. Sentry took on him and all Collective could do was temporary BFR, but Sentry came back to fight and they pretty much stalemated.

@jedixman said:

Telepathy

I belive that Sentry would be able to come back from Astral Plane if he will understood that Surfer can't be beaten there. And better example of his TP abilities is breaking Strange's spell that puts him in coma and holding Void at bay, considering how Void dealt with Emma with just small fraction of his power.