Iceman shuts her down like a bad habit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

This one could go either way. Can Siena teleport in the fight?
redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By redbull

She controls electromagnetic energy, and that has absolutely no effect on Iceman, a being of pure organic ice. Iceman doesn't just "drop the temperature". Read up on him. He literally has complete molecular control - he can literally shutdown all motion in the particles of her body, permanently killing her.  Or he can flash-freeze her. Or absorb all of the moisture from her entire body. Or ANY NUMBER of things you can possibly think of when you can completely control all H20.

redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By redbull
@Edamame said:
" @redbull said:
" She controls electromagnetic energy, and that has absolutely no effect on Iceman, a being of pure organic ice. Iceman doesn't just "drop the temperature". Read up on him. He literally has complete molecular control - he can literally shutdown all motion in the particles of her body, permanently killing her.  Or he can flash-freeze her. Or absorb all of the moisture from her entire body. Or ANY NUMBER of things you can possibly think of when you can completely control all H20. "
I have no need to "read up on him" because I am aware of his powers.  For instance, he can heal himself by utilizing any source or form of water, freezing the water molecules in someone's body. However, if this is true that Siena Blaze, being able to control electromagnetic energy and what not, then why hasn't Iceman been able to defeat Magneto? "
Based on powersets, he should be. But obviously, the writers just can't have Iceman swoop in and one-shot Magneto, or there'd be nothing to write about anymore. It's retarded, but it's the writers own fault - they create and define the powers, then completely ignore them when it's convenient for them.
 In AoA, Iceman had to save Magneto's ass several times - like when a simple sentry guard was about to shoot him in the head with plastic shells.
redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By redbull
@Edamame said:
" @redbull said:
"   In AoA, Iceman had to save Magneto's ass several times - like when a simple sentry guard was about to shoot him in the head with plastic shells. "
I remember that. LOL.  Also, you are forgetting the fact that water conducts electricity and Magneto and Siena Blaze are both capable of zapping people with electricity.  The both of them can electrocute Iceman and destroy the bonds within his "organic ice" atomic structure. How is Iceman able to get through any electromagnetic shield of any sort? "
An electromagnetic shield can REPEL physical objects from getting close...

But how is it going to stop Iceman's power from literally controlling her water molecules? A magnetic shield is just like a barrier.. it doesn't have a microscopic effect on all of her water molecules..
OldIdiotAccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By OldIdiotAccount

Siena Blaze.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By Erik

We have never seen what Iceman's powers are like at maximum power. He has no physical limits. 

redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By redbull
@Fortanono said:
" Siena Blaze. "
Answer this: Exactly what is Siena going to do to hurt Bobby?
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By IcePrince_X

Sienna Blaze can shut off certain mutant powers... so I really don't know if it applies to Iceman. 

As of now, I am voting for Bobby because at his fullest, Bobby can kill her in a wink of an eye. 

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Freefa11

Note I haven't seen her in action, but I've heard of her and she sounds quite powerful. 

That out of the way, the electromagnetic spectrum includes infrared radiation, or heat, so depending on the magnitude of her power, she should be able to melt him. The electromagnetic force is also what holds molecules together and keeps electrons in their orbits, so with a fine enough control it could be used to influence molecules and atoms, and might be able to be used to provide some degree of protection from such manipulations. I think Magneto has demonstrated such fine control at least a couple of times in the past, so being able to shield himself from Bobby might be explained through such methods, not to mention he's used his powers to shut down the abilities of the whole team, so why not be able to protect himself from just Iceman? 

Sienna Blaze never sounded quite so subtle though. More like a chainsaw to Magneto's scalpel (except Magneto could break out the chainsaw just as well if he wanted to). I don't know how she is with defensive capabilities, but some level of protection from insta-freezing sounds plausible. 

It could also just be a case of whoever gets the first shot wins. 

Hm, what are her appearances? All of a sudden I'm tempted to go read up on her.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By IcePrince_X

Try checking her out...

one of the key comics you should see is X-Men Unlimited#1 where she tried to assassinate Storm, Cyclops and Professor X all at once. Also, when she tried to get a DNA sample of Proteus from Muir Island where she affected Nightcrawler's teleportation and fought Phoenix (Rachel Summers) one on one.

I haven't read any of her heroic adventures in the Malibu Universe though

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Freefa11
@IcePrince_X: Well, it wasn't much of a fight. Even so, the extent of her powers, both shown and stated, lead me to believe that she could probably protect herself from his abilities for at least a while, whereas Bobby would be reduced to ionized vapor pretty much as soon as she felt like doing it.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Storm Calling
@redbull said:
" @Edamame said:
" @redbull said:
" She controls electromagnetic energy, and that has absolutely no effect on Iceman, a being of pure organic ice. Iceman doesn't just "drop the temperature". Read up on him. He literally has complete molecular control - he can literally shutdown all motion in the particles of her body, permanently killing her.  Or he can flash-freeze her. Or absorb all of the moisture from her entire body. Or ANY NUMBER of things you can possibly think of when you can completely control all H20. "
I have no need to "read up on him" because I am aware of his powers.  For instance, he can heal himself by utilizing any source or form of water, freezing the water molecules in someone's body. However, if this is true that Siena Blaze, being able to control electromagnetic energy and what not, then why hasn't Iceman been able to defeat Magneto? "
Based on powersets, he should be. But obviously, the writers just can't have Iceman swoop in and one-shot Magneto, or there'd be nothing to write about anymore. It's retarded, but it's the writers own fault - they create and define the powers, then completely ignore them when it's convenient for them.  In AoA, Iceman had to save Magneto's ass several times - like when a simple sentry guard was about to shoot him in the head with plastic shells. "
Said this about Storm, but apparently years of canon defuses any argument about what characters could potentially do to opponents that they have went up and lost against.
redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By redbull
@Edamame said:
" @Freefa11 said:
" @IcePrince_X: Well, it wasn't much of a fight. Even so, the extent of her powers, both shown and stated, lead me to believe that she could probably protect herself from his abilities for at least a while, whereas Bobby would be reduced to ionized vapor pretty much as soon as she felt like doing it. "
And we know that the electromagneti force is one of the four fundamental forces in the Universe that binds all matter together. "
But Iceman can exist as independent molecules of H20, and her electromagnetism cannot break down individual molecules on an atomic level. As long as it's H20, it's Bobby. So basically, Siena can totally vaporize Iceman, but that doesn't come close to killing him.

As vapor, Iceman can literally just pull moisture from her body and rebuild himself using her own water molecules if he wanted, killing her in the process.
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Freefa11
@redbull: I said ionized vapor. With the power she's shown, mostly or fully ionizing a couple hundred pounds of water should be well within her abilities, which should also cause the molecules to break down into their constituent atoms (It's been a while since I looked at molecular bonds, but I'm pretty sure most kinds of bonds require electrons in one way or another). 

Saying Bobby could "just" absorb her own moisture is oversimplifying things. She clearly has ways of protecting herself from Cyclops, Storm, and arctic blizzards. Why do you think Iceman's powers would just completely and automatically circumvent her defenses?
redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By redbull
@Freefa11 said:
Saying Bobby could "just" absorb her own moisture is oversimplifying things. She clearly has ways of protecting herself from Cyclops, Storm, and arctic blizzards. Why do you think Iceman's powers would just completely and automatically circumvent her defenses? "
It's no less simplifying things than saying "Sienna can just toss him into a wormhole, or subatomically break him apart."
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Erik
@redbull said:
" @Freefa11 said:
Saying Bobby could "just" absorb her own moisture is oversimplifying things. She clearly has ways of protecting herself from Cyclops, Storm, and arctic blizzards. Why do you think Iceman's powers would just completely and automatically circumvent her defenses? "
It's no less simplifying things than saying "Sienna can just toss him into a wormhole, or subatomically break him apart." "
Which would not work against Iceman now anyway. He has the ability to exist in two places at once. Tossing him into a wormhole will literally be a waste of energy and subatomically breaking him apart will only give him reason to pull the water from her body. 
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Erik
@Edamame said:
" Which he hasn't done against Magneto. So why against her? "
Which does not prove anything. Why would he want to kill Magneto? Magneto has never done anything but toss Iceman around. Bobby usually responds to lethal attacks with lethal attacks. 
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Erik

Also, when has Bobby fought Magneto recently, when he has become more comfortable with his powers?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Erik
@Edamame said:
" @erik said:
" Also, when has Bobby fought Magneto recently, when he has become more comfortable with his powers? "
I remember a seeing a scan showing Iceman stabbing Magneto with a very large ice pick and Magneto just laughed it off because his attacks only empower him.  Superconductor "
What? How does stabbing Magneto with an ice pick empower him?
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Erik
@Edamame said:
" @erik said:
" @Edamame said:
" @erik said:
" Also, when has Bobby fought Magneto recently, when he has become more comfortable with his powers? "
I remember a seeing a scan showing Iceman stabbing Magneto with a very large ice pick and Magneto just laughed it off because his attacks only empower him.  Superconductor "
What? How does stabbing Magneto with an ice pick empower him? "
Ask Magneto, not me.  = D  On the scan, he said that his attacks empowered him. I had no idea that the cold could strengthen Magneto either. "
Cold does strengthen Magneto, getting stabbed does not. 
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Erik
@Edamame said: 

Well, I literally saw the ice pick on the other side of his back. So he was stabbed.  Magneto has also partially discorporated before. "

It might have been in a non-critical location. Magneto does have a high pain tolerance level. But being partially disincorporated has nothing to do with the potential for death from a mortal stab wound. 
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Freefa11
@redbull: Well I was talking more about atomically breaking him apart, not actually affecting the nuclei of his atoms. And doing so would not really require a special technique, just a huge influx of energy, which she can do. What do we have to indicate that Iceman can simply bypass her shields altogether, without effort? Storm couldn't, and Magneto's shields have protected him from a variety of mutant powers in the past, including Bobby's, so there seems to be a precedent for EM shields to provide some level of protection from his powers. Does Bobby routinely bypass any kind of powerful force fields with his abilities?
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Erik
@Edamame said:
" @erik said:
" @Edamame said: 

Well, I literally saw the ice pick on the other side of his back. So he was stabbed.  Magneto has also partially discorporated before. "

It might have been in a non-critical location. Magneto does have a high pain tolerance level. But being partially disincorporated has nothing to do with the potential for death from a mortal stab wound.  "
Yeah. He has withstood punches from Namor and Colossus.  It is implied that he had a nearby shied that couldn't be seen.  I am not sure if he arranged his own molecular form around the ice pick. "
Magneto does not just get to play around with his body shape like that.