• 175 results
cadcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By cadcom

The only advantage Shuma has over Dormammu is the power to drain magic. Magic users can get out of reality warping. Shuma has tentacles, Shuma wins lol. I see it now, they face each other and use all of their powers and then it comes down to Shuma grabbing Dormammu, drains his mystical magical energy, Dormammu falls, Shuma wins. The fight only goes on because both are immortal, but Shuma has more energy and tentacles lol, so Dormammu would lose and could become powerless.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#52  Edited By AssertingValor

Shuma........

demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By demifiend

shuma i think

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By OptimusPalm
@demifiend said:
shuma i think

Is that because hes cooler?
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#55  Edited By Saren
@OptimusPalm said:
@demifiend said:
shuma i think
Nope, no Marvel character is cooler than Archangel, next
OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By OptimusPalm

@CitizenBane said:

@OptimusPalm said:
@demifiend said:
shuma i think

lol

demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By demifiend
@CitizenBane said:
@OptimusPalm said:
@demifiend said:
shuma i think
this. next. ;)
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By czarny_samael666
@CitizenBane said:
@OptimusPalm said:
@demifiend said:
shuma i think
Archangel is best of ALL heroes ;D

And this is not sarcasm.

Besides, SG easily.
Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shuma-Gorath by a mile..

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@czarny_samael666 said:
@CitizenBane said:
@OptimusPalm said:
@demifiend said:
shuma i think
Archangel is best of ALL heroes ;D  And this is not sarcasm.  Besides, SG easily.
You guys ever heard of Batman? :P
Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Mismatch. Dormammu will never be on the same level as Shuma.

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By tron_bonne

Does anyone know that Dormammu is one of Shuma's invokers?

Avatar image for chomponthis12589
ChompOnThis12589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ChompOnThis12589

Doctor Strange temporarily destroyed Shuma-Gorath but he could never do that to Dormammu......

Avatar image for prince_cortsether
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ChompOnThis12589 said:

Doctor Strange temporarily destroyed Shuma-Gorath but he could never destroy Dormammu......

Because Strange has never merged with Dormammu...

Avatar image for magnetictempest
MagneticTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By MagneticTempest
@ChompOnThis12589 said:

Doctor Strange temporarily destroyed Shuma-Gorath but he could never destroy Dormammu......

You can't destroy Shuma or Dormammu.
demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By demifiend

archangel is da best!!!!

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By tron_bonne
@demifiend said:
archangel is da best!!!!

No Caption Provided
demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By demifiend
@tron_bonne:  
hell yeah!!        D A               B E S T 
ChompOnThis12589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ChompOnThis12589

@cadcom said:

The only advantage Shuma has over Dormammu is the power to drain magic. Magic users can get out of reality warping. Shuma has tentacles, Shuma wins lol. I see it now, they face each other and use all of their powers and then it comes down to Shuma grabbing Dormammu, drains his mystical magical energy, Dormammu falls, Shuma wins. The fight only goes on because both are immortal, but Shuma has more energy and tentacles lol, so Dormammu would lose and could become powerless.

They both may be immortal but Shuma-Gorath can be temporarily destroyed. Like when Doctor Strange temporarily destroyed him...

ChompOnThis12589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ChompOnThis12589

@MagneticTempest said:

@ChompOnThis12589 said:

Doctor Strange temporarily destroyed Shuma-Gorath but he could never do that to Dormammu......

Notice I said temporarily destroyed.

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By tron_bonne
@ChompOnThis12589 said:

@cadcom said:

They both may be immortal but Shuma-Gorath can be temporarily destroyed. Like when Doctor Strange temporarily destroyed him...

@ChompOnThis12589 said:

@MagneticTempest said:

@ChompOnThis12589 said:

Notice I said temporarily destroyed.

Dormammu was temporarily destroyed too when he fought with Eternity. Dormammu had to destroy himself to destroy Eterntity with a sacrificing blast, but in the end Dormammu materializes somewhere else.
ChompOnThis12589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ChompOnThis12589

@U_MAD_BRO said:

LOL Dormammu stomps. He fought Eternity and fought Odin himself in Asgard. Not to mentioned he chained up Zom. Gorath only has hyperbole in his favor while Dormammu has actual feats. Good day suckas.

Most definitely agree.

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By tron_bonne
@ChompOnThis12589 said:

@U_MAD_BRO said:

LOL Dormammu stomps. He fought Eternity and fought Odin himself in Asgard. Not to mentioned he chained up Zom. Gorath only has hyperbole in his favor while Dormammu has actual feats. Good day suckas.

Most definitely agree.

Dormammu destroyed 2 or maybe 3 Eternities during the passed 40 years, but somewhere between the 50-th year, he took over multi-Eternity due to a comic shift. So that's like 4 times. 
Shuma had hundreds of Eternities destroyed and absorbed. He almost complete latched onto 616 until he was stopped by Genesis followed by Strange. 
Not to mention; Dormammu worships Shuma-Gorath
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#74  Edited By progenitorigin
@demifiend said:
archangel is da best!!!!

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By progenitorigin

Shuma Gorath should take this, btw. ;D
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@ChompOnThis12589 said:

@U_MAD_BRO said:

Most definitely agree.

Why do you agree with him? Dormammu is pathetic in terms of power when compared to Shuma.
tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By tron_bonne
@progenitor said:
Shuma Gorath should take this, btw. ;D
Oh i got something for you. I'll make a Wesker thread and post them up.
ChompOnThis12589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ChompOnThis12589

Doctor Strange even says that Dormammu is his "most terrible foe", a threat to "the life of the universe itself", and that "at full power no one could stand against".

And Dormammu most definitely does not "worship" Shuma-Gorath..... Having respect for someone and worshiping are two totally different things.

deathlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By deathlife

What feats does Shuma Gorath have exactly?

Avatar image for prince_cortsether
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathlife said:

What feats does Shuma Gorath have exactly?

1. Stalemated the Vishanti
  2. From 1,000 planes away, forced his way into the Ancient One's mind and forced Strange to murder his mentor just to seal him away
  3. Caused Sise-Neg to be wary of fighting him directly even after the wizard had neared the end of his journey in absorbing all the magical energy in the Marvel Universe
  4. Caused a master of black magic and peer of the Ancient One (Kaluu) to fall comatose and almost die just by him approaching one of his lower realms (to which he refers to Shuma's power within that lesser realm of making Mephisto and Satannish have powers akin to "mice in a great temple" compared to Shuma)
  5. From 1,000 planes of existence away he surrounded Earth in a ring of fire and caused the death of mystics and thousands of people around the world due to his tampering with the voodoo Earth
  6. Almost destroyed all the nether realms in existence due to the power of his clash with Strange merged with the chaos lord, Arioch.
  7. Gave Strange enough power to destroy galaxies just by him standing in the area
  8. Projected his influence into Nightmare's dimension and took it over without even going there, as well as forcing a spell of silence onto the Fear Lord.
  9. Took part in empowering the Galactus Engine of the Cancerverse
nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By nickthedevil

Most of those feats are in his home dimensions. where he's the strongest. and even then, their more Hyperbole than anything else. Most of Dormammu's feats are in Dimensions that aaren't his own.

And when he enters another dimension, he has to be asleep for a LONG while. long enough for Dormammu to toast him.

and add to the fact that Shuma's lowest showings are far lesser than anything Dormammu's got.

Shuma's been:

• Tripped by Vertigo (turns out Balance = weakness)
  • Punched in the eye by sue storm
  • 3 of the FF lose their powers and it's just the Human Torch and the Salem Seven vs Gorath and Scratch and they were holding their own. Strange shows up, tp's Gorath to Stonehenge (against Gorath's will by the way) and pwns him there. Sure Strange got beat up but he won and banished Gorath.

i'm not even bringing up all the times Strange has embarrassed him. And the last time he fought him (in Shuma's OWN dimension) Strange returns explains How Gorath has become so much weaker. even he thinks it's pitiful

ChompOnThis12589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ChompOnThis12589

@nickthedevil said:

Most of those feats are in his home dimensions. where he's the strongest. and even then, their more Hyperbole than anything else. Most of Dormammu's feats are in Dimensions that aaren't his own.

And when he enters another dimension, he has to be asleep for a LONG while. long enough for Dormammu to toast him.

and add to the fact that Shuma's lowest showings are far lesser than anything Dormammu's got.

Shuma's been:

• Tripped by Vertigo (turns out Balance = weakness)
  • Punched in the eye by sue storm
  • 3 of the FF lose their powers and it's just the Human Torch and the Salem Seven vs Gorath and Scratch and they were holding their own. Strange shows up, tp's Gorath to Stonehenge (against Gorath's will by the way) and pwns him there. Sure Strange got beat up but he won and banished Gorath.

i'm not even bringing up all the times Strange has embarrassed him. And the last time he fought him (in Shuma's OWN dimension) Strange returns explains How Gorath has become so much weaker. even he thinks it's pitiful

Yeah Doctor Strange didn't just defeat Shuma-Gorath he temporarily destroyed him at Stonehenge. Dormammu bested Eternity then created a universe in his image, chained up Zom, made Phoenix avatars look stupid, beat Odin IN Asgard and beat and imprisoned Gaea.

That's just some of the amazing things Dormammu's done. As far as feats goes he's leaps and bounds over Shuma-Gorath. That's not saying Shuma-Gorath is weak by any means just that he's not as powerful as most people think he is.

In the Chaos Dimension Shuma-Gorath wins 9/10. Anywhere else Dormammu wins 10/10.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By nickthedevil

Actually, he didn't chain up zom by himself. He had lent power from Doc. Strange.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

This thread should be locked. It's been repeatedly established throughout that Dormammu is weaker than Shuma.

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Spartan101

big shuma takes it

ChompOnThis12589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By ChompOnThis12589

@Illuminatus: Within the Chaos Dimension Shuma-Gorath is more powerful. But certainly not outside it. I don't see Doctor Strange temporarily destroying Dormammu or anything close to that anytime soon.

@nickthedevil: It was Dormammu, Odin, Ancient One and Doctor Strange that contributed to placing the Crown of Blindness on Zom and bound him with the Chains of Living Bondage then Eternity sealed him away . But the Ancient One, Odin and Strange contributed in the most minute of ways compared to Dormammu and Eternity. I mean when Zom escaped for that short period of time he specifically remembered Dormammu and Eternity. Zom said to Umar "It was your brother--Dormammu-- who bound my hands with the Chains of Living Bondage--before Eternity imprisoned me!"

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By nickthedevil

@ChompOnThis12589 said:

@Illuminatus: Within the Chaos Dimension Shuma-Gorath is more powerful. But certainly not outside it. I don't see Doctor Strange temporarily destroying Dormammu or anything close to that anytime soon.

@nickthedevil: It was Dormammu, Odin, Ancient One and Doctor Strange that contributed to placing the Crown of Blindness on Zom and bound him with the Chains of Living Bondage then Eternity sealed him away . But the Ancient One, Odin and Strange contributed in the most minute of ways compared to Dormammu and Eternity. I mean when Zom escaped for that short period of time he specifically remembered Dormammu and Eternity. Zom said to Umar "It was your brother--Dormammu-- who bound my hands with the Chains of Living Bondage--before Eternity imprisoned me!"

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Saren

Shuma, easily.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By jeanroygrant

tentacle eyeball wins

ChompOnThis12589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ChompOnThis12589

@nickthedevil: ;) yup.

And as previously mentioned Doctor Strange said that Dormammu is his "most terrible foe"a threat to "the life of the universe itself" and that "at full power no one could stand against."

Dormammu wins 10/10 everywhere except the Chaos Dimension in which I say Shuma-Gorath would win 9/10. I give Dormammu at LEAST 1 win out of 10 in the Chaos Dimension since Doctor Strange beat Shuma-Gorath there(although with help being revived).

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@ChompOnThis12589 said:

And as previously mentioned Doctor Strange said that Dormammu is his "most terrible foe"a threat to "the life of the universe itself" and that "at full power no one could stand against."

Comic-book characters exaggerate on a frequent basis. 
nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By nickthedevil

@Illuminatus said:

@ChompOnThis12589 said:

this is true.... but i dont think this one too far-fetched... he has destroyed Eternity by himself before... and totally stomped with help from Umar, the two (eternity and Dormammu) have clashed for thousands of years. (or so it is said/referenced)

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@nickthedevil said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ChompOnThis12589 said:

this is true.... but i dont think this one too far-fetched... he has destroyed Eternity by himself before... and totally stomped with help from Umar, the two (eternity and Dormammu) have clashed for thousands of years. (or so it is said/referenced)

Eternity is a cosmic punching-bag who simply exists in the 616 universe to get wrecked by reality warpers and beings like Dormammu when the writer doesn't have a creative way of showing their power scales. Besides, I'm pretty sure Dormammu had some sort of outside help/amp/prep when taking on Eternity.  

Both Zom and Shuma are far more "terrible foes" for Strange, and the universe. 
Avatar image for onedoesnotsimplywalkintomordor
OneDoesNotSimplyWalkIntoMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dormammu = Threat to Eternity 
Shuma-Gorath = Threat to Eternity plus more 

Dormammu doesn't have power over some Extra-Dimensional entities where Shuma actually can have power over them. Here's one for thought. Dormammu is no match against the Faltine. Each Faltine is more or less powerful than Dormammu. Shuma on the other hand can absorb all the power of the Faltine if it enters the realm. Dormammu isn't a threat to the Extra-Dimensions, only the space that is Eternity should feel threatened by Dormammu. Shuma is a threat to both Eternity and the Extra Dimensions beyond it.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By nickthedevil

@OneDoesNotSimplyWalkIntoMordor: @Illuminatus: of course, Dormammu isnt a match by himself for Shuma.

@Illuminatus said:

@nickthedevil said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ChompOnThis12589 said:

Eternity is a cosmic punching-bag who simply exists in the 616 universe to get wrecked by reality warpers and beings like Dormammu when the writer doesn't have a creative way of showing their power scales. Besides, I'm pretty sure Dormammu had some sort of outside help/amp/prep when taking on Eternity. Both Zom and Shuma are far more "terrible foes" for Strange, and the universe.

who else has beaten Eternity?

also, Dormammu had no Amping to his power when he disintegrated Eternity. put up those scans in the Dormammu vs THor thread earlier today.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Saren

@nickthedevil said:

@OneDoesNotSimplyWalkIntoMordor: @Illuminatus: of course, Dormammu isnt a match by himself for Shuma.

@Illuminatus said:

@nickthedevil said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ChompOnThis12589 said:

Eternity is a cosmic punching-bag who simply exists in the 616 universe to get wrecked by reality warpers and beings like Dormammu when the writer doesn't have a creative way of showing their power scales. Besides, I'm pretty sure Dormammu had some sort of outside help/amp/prep when taking on Eternity. Both Zom and Shuma are far more "terrible foes" for Strange, and the universe.

also, Dormammu had no Amping to his power when he disintegrated Eternity. put up those scans in the Dormammu vs THor thread earlier today.

Anyone who's warped the universe has beaten Eternity. Genis-Vell crushed Eternity in the palm of his hand, Legion stuffed the universe into a wooden box and tossed it into the fire.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By nickthedevil

@CitizenBane said:

@nickthedevil said:

@Illuminatus said:

@nickthedevil said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ChompOnThis12589 said:

Anyone who's warped the universe has beaten Eternity. Genis-Vell crushed Eternity in the palm of his hand, Legion stuffed the universe into a wooden box and tossed it into the fire.

Ahhh.... many thanks, i don't dabble in the entities much.

Avatar image for onedoesnotsimplywalkintomordor
OneDoesNotSimplyWalkIntoMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil said:

@Illuminatus said:

@nickthedevil said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ChompOnThis12589 said:

Mephisto, Nightmare, D'Spayre with the Crimson Gem, Thanos (IG), Ancient One, Zom, Shuma, Dweller in Darkness, Beyonder, Slorioth, Korvoc, an Infinity Being's finger, Protege plus more
jaywray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By jaywray

@ChompOnThis12589 said:

Dormammu wins 10/10 everywhere except the Chaos Dimension in which I say Shuma-Gorath would win 9/10. I give Dormammu at LEAST 1 win out of 10 in the Chaos Dimension since Doctor Strange beat Shuma-Gorath there(although with help being revived).

Most terrible foe could easily mean as in how evil he is, as strange has faced zom, dormammu isn't in the same league, "at full power no one could stand against" hyperbole, that type'a thing gets thrown around all the time.

Strange has taken dormammu before, why does dormammu care he was stranges greatest foe at one stage? I don't think someone who could take shuma would care so much about a mortal not paying him much attention, seems childish.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By nickthedevil

^ dormmammu has his childish moments. Lol