Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By onilordasmodeus

Well, who do you think would win in a fight?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Setting: post apocalypse New York City (I am Legend)

TM has 7 weapons which are restricted to mid-to-short range.

Jinko has all 7 "powers" he had in MK Deception plus his sword.

winner by death

no BFR

no prep

no morals

no other rules

Fight!

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By nick_hero22

Taskmaster better feats, stop making mismatches

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By onilordasmodeus

Uh oh, Nick deemed another of my thread a mismatch cause I used an MK character. I guess the mods gonna close it down now...

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By nick_hero22

@onilordasmodeus said:

Uh oh, Nick deemed another of my thread a mismatch cause I used an MK character. I guess the mods gonna close it down now...

Taskmaster has better feats, Shujinko doesn't have a single feat to his name that would put him on par with Taskmaster.

VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By VenomousDragon

In theory Shujinko should stomp but as nick said he has no feats....OH wait you forgot about his ENTIRE CONQUEST MODE where he beat a bunch of MK characters

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nick_hero22

@VenomousDragon said:

In theory Shujinko should stomp but as nick said he has no feats.

Even in theory Taskmaster should still win since he can copy abilities much faster and he already has access to a diverse skillset and on top of that Taskmaster is packing some pretty good gear too.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vaeternus

@onilordasmodeus said:

Yeah, I don't understand why some folks on here don't like off comic topics? Is it not allowed or something? I enjoy movie vs. movie or video game vs. video game. I've noticed if you make a comic character vs. whatever, 95% of this site seems to favor the comic character regardless. typical I know, but what are you going to do *shrugs*

Concerning the topic. Due to feats alone, Taskmaster probably has the edge. Unless Shujinko can take everyone's powers literally around him instantly.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@Vance Astro said:

@Vance Astro: There is no reason for TM wins over Cap/Spidey to be dismissed. It is perfectly normal for two trained-olympic level combatants to be able to hit each other. That is far different from a wilson fisk being able to tag a person with superhuman reflexes. There is no correlation there. Also, in subsequent battles with Cap TM has done just fine. It's not like Cap stomps him the way Spidey stomps kingpin now. Also Spidey has had problems with good fighters before. DD and Cap have done will against Spidey so it's not out of the ordinary. TM losing to Deadpool was PIS like Kingpin hitting Spidey. So TM has still beaten Cap, Spidey, and 2 decent female assassins as well as a Red Coat who moves he couldn't read. Iron Fist has beaten Mr. X. Unless IF has more feats against skilled opponents IF wins.

@pooty said:
It's the same exact thing.Marvel wanted Taskmaster to be a team buster when they first created him. Someone who could fight the Avengers.Same as they wanted the Kingpin to be a viable match for Spider-Man and other street levelers.Their stats didn't change but their showings did.The Kingpin performs on a level under that of someone who is a match for Captain America or Spider-Man and so does Taskmaster.
Even if we disregard the fact that Taskmaster was written differently before and assume he is actually a match for Captain America.That's one highly skilled fighters he's beaten to a track record that shows him consistently losing to less skilled characters.In the case of Spider-Man,what Taskmaster did against him was barely a skill showing.He didn't even get a hit off until Spider-Man was squeezing the life out of him.Taskmaster then threw a baton that ricocheted and hit Spider-Man in the head and that's how he won.On top of all that Spider-Man isn't skilled and your post suggests you know that.What now is beating unskilled superhumans considered a good showing of skill now? Taskmaster beat 2 decent female assassins and Red Shirt? Weren't you saying earlier that all Iron Fist has beaten is characters with no feats? You have 2 assassins you didn't name, and Red Shirt who has no feats? Iron Fist has beaten characters that are intended to be highly skilled like The Cat,Steel Serpent,Chaka the Crime Lord etc. Iron Fist killed the Ch'i Lin who killed previous Iron Fist's to himself.Iron Fist has a better track record in combat.Taskmasters encounters with the elite are usually loses form him and that's consistent.You can call his loss to DP PIS or anyone else but the fact remains when he has to face elite fighters he loses,badly in most instances.Iron Fist on the other hand has fought the same characters and better without defeat.

I know this comment came from a completely different thread, but aren't some of these points relevant to this fight as well?

This is a list of the experiences Shujinko had in MKD

• Meets Damashi (Onaga in disguise) as a young boy.
  • Trained by Bo' Rai Cho when he was young until he was an adult..
  • Trained by Sub-Zero to be a Lin Kuei warrior.
  • Trained by Ashrah to slay zombie beings through the wastelands of the Netherrealm.
  • Trained by Ermac.
  • Defeated Havik.in a "training" exercise.
  • Defeated Mileena.
  • Trained by Hotaru to be a Seidan Guardsman and to defeat Darrius.
  • Defeated Baraka.
  • Defeated Darrius.
  • Allowed into the first Mortal Kombat tournament by Shang Tsung after the two fought to a draw, but did not go because he was ordered by Damashi (Onaga) to return to the Netherrealm.
  • Trained by Nightwolf to cleanse his soul.
  • Trained by Kenshi.and gained the ability to fight without the use of his eyes.
  • Trained by Scorpion.and absorb much of his rage.
  • Recruited by Raiden to fight the Deadly Alliance, but was unable to because he was arrested by Hotaru.
  • Trained Li Mei to fight the Deadly Alliance who ended up winning the tournament.
  • Arrested by Hotaru for entering his city of some ordinance.
  • Freed from his cell by Dairou.
  • Defeated Hotaru.
  • Fought and defeated Tanya to free Sindel.
  • Trained by Sindel and became an honorary member of the Edenian Royal Gaurd.
  • Manipulated by Onaga.
  • Trained by Liu Kang's spirit and Raiden to fight Onaga.
  • Reunited most of the Mortal Kombat characters to fight Onaga.
  • Defeated Onaga at the end of Deception and in the process, killed Reptile.

Shujinko has a similar ability to Taskmaster as he can copy an opponents fighting style, but he can also copy and use chi related abilities. His most notable "powers" are Subzero's freeze, Ermacs TK, Raiden's superman, Cobra's fire fist, and Liu Kang's bicycle kick.

Just to add, the powers I list I listed for a reason. Though TM can copy abilities, these are all abilities he cannot reproduce.

Jinko has retained all the fighting styles that he has trained in and has shown that just by being in proximity of someone, he can gain their fighting ability.

Why would TM have such an advantage in this fight?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pooty

@onilordasmodeus: As others have said "no feats". Unless you are debating with someone who follows MK then they won't know anything about them. How good was his competition? What is his durability and speed feats? It's all about feats on comicvine. and we can't use video game feats because in those Johnny Cage can get shot 20x before he dies. THe only people who can debate this topic is people who read MK comics.

Reptilicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Reptilicus

@pooty: That's only in game play. Not actual story-line.

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ChaosMarvel

@nick_hero22 said:

@VenomousDragon said:

Even in theory Taskmaster should still win since he can copy abilities much faster and he already has access to a diverse skillset and on top of that Taskmaster is packing some pretty good gear too.

Uno_Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Uno_Oscuro

@VenomousDragon said:

In theory Shujinko should stomp but as nick said he has no feats....OH wait you forgot about his ENTIRE CONQUEST MODE where he beat a bunch of MK characters

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vaeternus

Shujinko

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Joewell911

shojinko stomps, he has powers of half the mk fighters, unless every ones saying TM can beat all of them

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By darktiger

@nick_hero22 said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

Taskmaster has better feats, Shujinko doesn't have a single feat to his name that would put him on par with Taskmaster.

agreed

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Joewell911

@darktiger said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

agreed

feats arnt everything, powers are wayyyyy better, and what do u mean, shujinko beat half of the MK characters, TM is no where near that level

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@joewell: Feat are everything on Comicvine...those are the rules.

That being said, Shujinko stomps TM 6 ways from Sunday via repeated tele-slam. TM really has no shot.

cuddles666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cuddles666

@nick_hero22 said:

@VenomousDragon said:

I agree that Taskmaster would win for this reason. However, I think the thread topic is legit.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nick_hero22

@onilordasmodeus said:

@joewell: Feat are everything on Comicvine...those are the rules.

That being said, Shujinko stomps TM 6 ways from Sunday via repeated tele-slam. TM really has no shot.

Name me one feat that is on par with what Taskmaster has shown, Shujinko has never shown the ability to simultaneously access everyone's powers in the MK Universe. In Konquest mode he had to use each powerset individually and it took him years to master them while Taskmaster has the ability to copy them with extremely high accuracy in a matter of minutes.

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TERMINATORXX

Shujinko Stomps easily.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@cuddles666 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@VenomousDragon said:

I agree that Taskmaster would win for this reason. However, I think the thread topic is legit.

Jinko copies abilities just as fast as TM does and can combine those skills into his own distinct style just like TM can. Up close they are at a stale mate because just as TM is learning, Jinko is to basiaclly canceling both their skill set.

The reason Jinko wins is because in the mid range game he can close the gap faster or just bring TM to him. All TM can do is use more moves that Shujinko could steal, while Jinko can use abilities like Ermac's TK, or Subzero's freeze, which would leave TM wide open for a kill shot.

TM might move fast, but Jinko can think faster.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nick_hero22

@onilordasmodeus said:

@cuddles666 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@VenomousDragon said:

Jinko copies abilities just as fast as TM does and can combine those skills into his own distinct style just like TM can. Up close they are at a stale mate because just as TM is learning, Jinko is to basiaclly canceling both their skill set.

The reason Jinko wins is because in the mid range game he can close the gap faster or just bring TM to him. All TM can do is use more moves that Shujinko could steal, while Jinko can use abilities like Ermac's TK, or Subzero's freeze, which would leave TM wide open for a kill shot.

TM might move fast, but Jinko can think faster.

1) That's an outright lie, it took most of Shujinko's adolesence years to master Bo Rai Cho's style, after each time Shujinko was trained by someone in the MK Universe he appearance would change signifying that he was becoming older with each new teacher. The video I posted is a clear example of this (Starts at 8:25), it took 5 years before Bo Rai Cho became confident in Shujinko's skills.

Demonstrates the ability to use every fighting style he's watched at the same time:

Uses Silver Samurai's skillset to blitz a bunch of guards:

Easily copies acrobatics from Daredevil-

Uses chi amping to stop a mans heart with a single punch-

2) Shujinko isn't no where near close to being on par with Taskmaster who has a plethora of feats that are of much better quality than Shujinko beating people who are virtually featless themselves, Shujinko isn't closing in the gap faster than what Taskmaster is capable of reacting to. You have absolutely no feats for Shujinko that would put him on par with Taskmaster physically as well.

Blitzes and kills a man who is fast enough to catch bullets (here Tasky explains how he has managed to attain limited super speed)-

Catches a bullet fired at him from a few feet away-

Dressed as Deadpool, Taskmaster deflects a bullet with a chain-

Easily dodges attacks from two well trained martial artists-

Easily takes out Spiderwoman in h2h, she's been trained in 7 forms of martial arts-

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By onilordasmodeus

Yeah Nick, good show.

1) Bo Rai Cho kept Jinko there because he was a kid. He was like freaking 12 or something! And plus Damashi told him to stay. Other than that, Cho said that Jinko was his fastest learning student, and Bo Rai Cho taught him probably everything he knew. I know TM could have just watched hours and hours, or weeks and weeks of TV and learned same thing, but the fact is that isn't how it works with Jinko. He has to be in proximity.

The other fact is that Shujinko learned what Bo Rai Cho wanted to teach him, at the pace he wanted him to learn it. That doesn't prove that Jinko takes years to learn single thing. Just that Bo Rai Cho took his time, in fact he took less time since Jinko matured so fast.

Besides, I'm sure Bo Rai Cho was teaching Jinko more than just how to fight anyway, you know...life lessons and such. I'll reiterate, Shujinko was a child.

2) There are no guns in this fight so TM catching a bullet doesn't matter. TM isn't going to catch a TK lift or a freeze blast.

3) You talk about Jinko beating feat-less fighters, then you post TM beating security guards. Do better Nick.

4) TM beating Siderwoman proves what we already know, that TM can nullify any type of h2h combat style. I'm not refuting that, in fact I think I mentioned that in my post earlier. Just like TM, Jinko learns and can retain a persons fighting style by proxy, showcased in the numerous times over the years when he spared with a character A SINGLE TIME through the course of his journey.

And contrary to the crap you are trying pull, most of Jinko's journey was spent looking for artifacts for Damashi. When he met a fighter on his quest, he learned what he learned and moved on.

5) Jinko has done some major things lke::

- Fight Shang Tsung to a draw (oh wait, he's feat-less)

- Defeat Hotaru, one of the highest ranking members of the Seidan Guard. (yeah he's feat-less too having fought Grandmaster Subzero to a stalemate)

- brought together a lot of the MK cast, absorbed there fighting skills and powers IN MOMENTS WITH OUT WATCHING THEM FIRST OR TRAINING WITH THEM, and defeated the Dragon King, who survived the explosion that took out Quan Chi (almost), Shang Tsung, Raiden, the entire undead army in Shang's palace, and the place itself) who had the power of a God at the time. (whoa, feat-less three!)

...just to name a few.

Jinko wins this via tele-slam like I said before. TM can't do anything to repel it as far as I know, or as far as you have proved.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nick_hero22

@onilordasmodeus said:

Yeah Nick, good show.

1) Bo Rai Cho kept Jinko there because he was a kid. He was like freaking 12 or something! And plus Damashi told him to stay. Other than that, Cho said that Jinko was his fastest learning student, and Bo Rai Cho taught him probably everything he knew. I know TM could have just watched hours and hours, or weeks and weeks of TV and learned same thing, but the fact is that isn't how it works with Jinko. He has to be in proximity.

The other fact is that Shujinko learned what Bo Rai Cho wanted to teach him, at the pace he wanted him to learn it. That doesn't prove that Jinko takes years to learn single thing. Just that Bo Rai Cho took his time, in fact he took less time since Jinko matured so fast.

Besides, I'm sure Bo Rai Cho was teaching Jinko more than just how to fight anyway, you know...life lessons and such. I'll reiterate, Shujinko was a child.

2) There are no guns in this fight so TM catching a bullet doesn't matter. TM isn't going to catch a TK lift or a freeze blast.

3) You talk about Jinko beating feat-less fighters, then you post TM beating security guards. Do better Nick.

4) TM beating Siderwoman proves what we already know, that TM can nullify any type of h2h combat style. I'm not refuting that, in fact I think I mentioned that in my post earlier. Just like TM, Jinko learns and can retain a persons fighting style by proxy, showcased in the numerous times over the years when he spared with a character A SINGLE TIME through the course of his journey.

And contrary to the crap you are trying pull, most of Jinko's journey was spent looking for artifacts for Damashi. When he met a fighter on his quest, he learned what he learned and moved on.

5) Jinko has done some major things lke::

- Fight Shang Tsung to a draw (oh wait, he's feat-less)

- Defeat Hotaru, one of the highest ranking members of the Seidan Guard. (yeah he's feat-less too having fought Grandmaster Subzero to a stalemate)

- brought together a lot of the MK cast, absorbed there fighting skills and powers IN MOMENTS WITH OUT WATCHING THEM FIRST OR TRAINING WITH THEM, and defeated the Dragon King, who survived the explosion that took out Quan Chi (almost), Shang Tsung, Raiden, the entire undead army in Shang's palace, and the place itself) who had the power of a God at the time. (whoa, feat-less three!)

...just to name a few.

Jinko wins this via tele-slam like I said before. TM can't do anything to repel it as far as I know, or as far as you have proved.

Time to put a end to all these foolishness

1) Bo Rai Cho didn't keep Shujinko when he was a child, Shujinko was a student at his local dojo and seeked out Bo Rai Cho to further improve his skills and martial arts prowess. As you can obivously see that it took severals of years for Bo Rai Cho who was responsible for overseeing Shujinko's training personally to feel like he is a capable martial artist who has the ability to adapt to real world scenarios, if what you are saying is true Bo Rai Cho would have accelerated his martial arts curriculum in order to keep up with his large leaps in skills and it wouldn't have taken 5 years to feel confident in his protege's skill level. Even outside of his training by Bo Rai Cho it took him considerable amounts of time and effort to copy and replicate the skills of other Mortal Kombat fighters as well, which is evident due to his changes in his appearance during those leaps in the timeline.

2) Who said there were gun in this fight? The scans were to showcase Taskmaster's superior speed and reflexes which would allow him to evade and maneuver out of the way of incoming projectiles and strikes, Taskmaster reflexes would give him the distinct advantage of being able to adapt to a hand-to-hand combat scenario much better due to the fact that he is capable of registering incoming strikes much faster and launching efficient counter strikes based on the knowledge he will receive from having observed Shujinko's fighting style and he also has a large arsenal of skillset from characters who have mastered multiple styles of combat to refer back to in this fight making much more versatile.

3) The scans were displayed to show how he can easily adapt to situations by using his photographic reflexes.

4) Taskmaster being Spider-Woman who has superhuman attributes along with extensive hand-to-hand combat training is a much better feat than what Shujinko has shown.

5) All of those characters are virtually featless and mediocre at best, Shujinko has never shown the capabilities to instantly switch styles or to use them simultaneously like your claiming he is capable of.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By onilordasmodeus
@nick_hero22: Again Nick, you are a little off.

1) At the beginning of the Konquest mode, Jinko was playing with his friends, dreaming of being a warrior. The first class he had with Bo Rai Cho in the konquest mode was his first class ever (movement), and after that class he had a few more following up (blocking, evasion, attacking, etc). That whole first sequence was Jinko being shown around the school, as he wasn't even a real student yet!

All that proves that at the begining of the game Jinko was a first year student, a beginner, and it wasn't until Damashi gifted him with power that Bo Rai Cho really took notice. Watch video 1 of the video series you posted.

I'd also like to point out too that when Shujinko fought Bo Rai Cho for real to gain access beyond the city gates, that after he beat Bo Rai Cho, Cho commented on Jinko's aptitude for kombat and was thoroughly impressed "offering" to further his training. Again, Jinko was a child, a first year beginner with no skill at all, but was able to adapt on the fly to a fighting a master and was able to impress him.

To add to that, TM and Jinko can learn people's moves at an extremely fast pace, but they cannot pick up the philosophy behind kombat, as the ability to know when to attack or when not to attack is something different entirely. Bo Rai Cho taught more than just fighting techniqes, he also taught those abstract things that go along with kombat, and that was one of the reasons Cho kept Jinko so long. He kept him until he was satisfied.

2) The best TM would be able to pull off is being able to see Jinko's movements and anticipate what he'd do next,I can give you that but that is all, and that wouldn't be enough. Jinko uses various powers to augment his speed and extent his reach, most of which TM can't copy or even attempt. Like I said, TM can't catch...well I guess he can catch a tele-slam...and be slammed repeatedly.

3) TM can adapt. So can Jinko. Cqc is a stalemate.

4)Niether TM, or Spiderwoman could have gotten close to beating Onaga when he had the Kamidogu, nor would they have been able to match Shang Tsung.

5) Using terms like mediocre only proves that you look down on MK characters, and the stories in the MKU. Just because you don't like MK doesn't make it inferior, only that you'll look for reasons to lessen the feats of each of the characters due to your bias. That isn't really a bad thing in itself, but it can be when you let it clound your judgement which it clearly has. Your not seeing the feats for what they are, only what they are not...Marvel or DC.

By the end of the konquest mode, Jinko had the tools to attain enlightment, could fight with his eye's closed similar to Kenshi, and was said (by Raiden) to have the strength of 10 warriors. In the gameplay Jinko used multiple styles (like all the other characters) together in kombat, and used 6 different types of energy/special attacks plus one that he developed on his own. According to the story though, he was a master of all the MK styles and could use all the moves that each of the characters possed since they showed him everything they knew.

Jinko is to much for TM. TM is skilled enough to negate h2h, but he has no chance in the mid range.
FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By FourthDeity

@onilordasmodeus said:

@nick_hero22: Again Nick, you are a little off.1) At the beginning of the Konquest mode, Jinko was playing with his friends, dreaming of being a warrior. The first class he had with Bo Rai Cho in the konquest mode was he first class ever (movement), and after that class he had a few more following up (blocking, evasion, attacking, etc). That whole first sequence was Jinko being shown around the school, as he wasn't even a real student yet!All that proves that at the begining of the game Jinko was a first year student, a beginner, and it wasn't until Damashi gifted him with power that Bo Rai Cho really took notice. Watch video 1 of the video series you posted.I'd also like to point out too that when Shujinko fought Bo Rai Cho for real to gain access beyond the city gates, that after he beat Bo Rai Cho, Cho commented on Jinko's aptitude for kombat (Jinko was a beginer with no "real" skills) and was thoroughly impressed offering to further his training. Again, Jinko was a child, a first year beginner with no skill at all, but was able to adapt on the flying a fighting a master, and was able to impress him.To add to that, TM and Jinko can learn people's moves at an extremely fast pace, but they cannot pick up the philosophy behind kombat, as the ability to know when to attack or when not to attack is something different entirely. Bo Rai Cho taught more than just fighting techniqes, he also taught those abstract things that go along with kombat, and that was one of the reasons Cho kept Jinko so long. He kept him until he was satisfied.2) The best TM would be able to pull off is being able to see Jinko's movements and anticipate what he'd do next,I can give you that but that is all, and that wouldn't be enough. Jinko uses various powers to augment his speed and extent his reach, most of which TM can't copy or even attempt. Like I said, TM can't catch...well I guess he can catch a tele-slam...and be slammed repeatedly.3) TM can adapt. So can Jinko. Cqc is a stalemate.4)Niether TM, or Spiderwoman could have gotten close to beating Onaga when he had the Kamidogu, nor would they have been able to match Shang Tsung.5) Using terms like mediocre only proves that you look down on MK characters, and the stories in the MKU. Just because you don't like MK doesn't make it inferior, only that you will look for reasons to lesson the feat that each of the characters have done.By the end of the konquest mode, Jinko had the tools to attain enlightment, could fight with his eye's closed, and was said to have the strength of 10 warriors. In the gameplay he used multiple styles (like all the other characters), and used 6 different types of special attacks plus one that he developed on his own. But in the story he was a master of all MK styles and could use all the moves that each of the characters posses since they showed him everything they Knew.Jinko is to much for TM. TM is skilled enough to negate h2h, but he has no chance I the mid range.

whoa whoa Lui Kang isn't nearly as skilled as Taskmaster and isn't a good a fighter as Spiderwoman by any means.Either one of them would solo Shang Chi with ease.If Taskmaster could.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By onilordasmodeus
@FourthDeity: Liu is as skilled as TM in terms of ability (reaction time, flexibilty, etc.) and know how (went to attack and when not to attack), and if TM and LK squared off, TM wouldn't be able to beat LK's chi enhanced strength, or his chi enhanced speed, out right. That being said, that doesn't mean I think LK wins over TM by any means in h2h.

As I've already said in the Liu Kang vs Taskmaster thread, TM beats LK in h2h. Not becasue he is faster though, or because he is smarter, TM wins becasue he has the ability to adapt what he already knows, to what he learns on the fly from his opponent, and can just turn the tides in any h2h fight no matter who he fights. TM would read Liu like an open book after awhile, and Liu just wouldn't be able to do any h2h up close, but he'd still be able to set his arms on fire and/or use splash damage attacks.

LK has other options in this fight like using stuff TM can't control, like the environment, or moves he can't steal, like turning into chi dragon. LK has options.

All that being said, niether TM nor SW can beat Shang becasue they don't have the spiritual knowledge. Liu beat Shang because he learned how to clear his spirit from Bo Rai Cho, which can stop Shang from reading him. While Shang can't stop TM from reading his body language (I think), TM also can't stop Shang from reading his soul. Shang can also even implant ideas or use memories against his opponents, something TM would have no defense against. You might know better than me, but has TM or SW dealt with something like that? Shang would beat both of them from the inside like he does everyone else who is untrained.
doomsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Taskmaster wins.