#1 Edited by ComicStooge (12439 posts) - - Show Bio

SETTING: A generic city setting (not Gotham or New York) - the area is raining heavily

Team Talon includes:

- William Cobb

- Alexander Staunton (the 'loud' Talon who fought Batwing)

- Ephraim Newhouse (the honourable Talon who fought Catwoman)

- Mary (the Talon who fought Batgirl)

- Calvin Rose

RULES:

- Shredder has his armour and a katana

- All Talons have throwing knives, ceremonial daggers and a katana

- Shredder is aware of the Talons healing factor and knows regularly fatal wounds will not be effective against them

- Shredder is his IDW version

- Combatants start either side of a rooftop

- Win via KO, Kill or Incapacitation

#2 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20120 posts) - - Show Bio

Shredder should win this.

#3 Posted by ComicStooge (12439 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20120 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: If you were to give him a number of wins out if 10, what would you say his chances are?

7/10. Batman, who is reluctant to use lethal force, even with the fact that the Talons can regenerate, was able in incapacitate numerous Talons invading his mansion in nothing but his robes. Shredder, who has more experience than New 52 Batman, also doesn't hesitate to utilize lethal force. The writers of IDW TMNT also stated that Shredder was roughly equal to Batman in hand-to-hand combat skill. With knowledge that the Talons are capable of healing, Oroku should be able to slay them, at least temporarily to a degree that would grant him a win. However, the Talons could snatch a couple wins due to their own formidable skill, healing factor, and Shredder's arrogance hindering his ability.

#5 Edited by Wolverine08 (40727 posts) - - Show Bio

Shredder.

#6 Posted by ComicStooge (12439 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Actually, Batman uses lethal force against Talons because they're not alive.

But yeah, thanks for your extended input, man :)

#7 Posted by mikep12 (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

Talons

#9 Posted by AllStarHit-Girl (574 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@comicstooge said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: If you were to give him a number of wins out if 10, what would you say his chances are?

7/10. Batman, who is reluctant to use lethal force, even with the fact that the Talons can regenerate, was able in incapacitate numerous Talons invading his mansion in nothing but his robes. Shredder, who has more experience than New 52 Batman, also doesn't hesitate to utilize lethal force. The writers of IDW TMNT also stated that Shredder was roughly equal to Batman in hand-to-hand combat skill. With knowledge that the Talons are capable of healing, Oroku should be able to slay them, at least temporarily to a degree that would grant him a win. However, the Talons could snatch a couple wins due to their own formidable skill, healing factor, and Shredder's arrogance hindering his ability.

Batman stated quite clearly that he was using lethal tactics against the Talons because he knew they could regenerate. The Talons he beat in the mansion were all random fodder; the ones here actually have feats to their name. Shredder has more experience than N52 Batman; which doesn't really matter considering Batman's experience is better. Shredder hasn't gone up against the quality of superhumans that N52 Batman has faced, or the 28 straight hours' worth of enemies that Bruce beat up before he even became Batman, and the IDW writers' opinion about Shredder vis-a-vis Batman isn't worth anything considering none of them have ever written anything with Batman in it before.

Ballard effortlessly solo'd the Birds of Prey. He tanked the Canary Cry at close range without any damage at all. Staunton was unstoppable to the point that Batwing had to use mini-bombs to blow off both his arms just to knock him out. 6 of these people at the same time would rip Shredder apart.

That's what I was thinking

#10 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20120 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@comicstooge said:

Batman stated quite clearly that he was using lethal tactics against the Talons because he knew they could regenerate. The Talons he beat in the mansion were all random fodder; the ones here actually have feats to their name. Shredder has more experience than N52 Batman; which doesn't really matter considering Batman's experience is better. Shredder hasn't gone up against the quality of superhumans that N52 Batman has faced, or the 28 straight hours' worth of enemies that Bruce beat up before he even became Batman, and the IDW writers' opinion about Shredder vis-a-vis Batman isn't worth anything considering none of them have ever written anything with Batman in it before.

Ballard effortlessly solo'd the Birds of Prey. He tanked the Canary Cry at close range without any damage at all. Staunton was unstoppable to the point that Batwing had to use mini-bombs to blow off both his arms just to knock him out. 6 of these people at the same time would rip Shredder apart.

Damn didn't know the Talons were that impressive. I don't follow New 52 at all other than COURT OF THE OWLS and NIGHT OF THE OWLS. And what I meant about Bruce being reluctant about using lethal force was that Wayne doesn't often utilize it except for the situation in which he knew the Talons could regenerate, hence why he impaled that Talon on his roof. Shredder on the other hand, has more than a century IIRC of experience in ruthless killing, even children. Shredder has also been able to beat Splinter, who easily threw around the superhuman Foot Soldiers (the Fox one or something). I also wouldn't put the Turtles as unimpressive in terms of physicals. Their hand-to-hand combat feats have been mediocre from what I've seen though.

#11 Edited by nickzambuto (13327 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno, these Talons were beasts. All at once, I'm not liking Shredder's odds.

#12 Posted by Lvenger (19105 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Saren's arguments have now made me think twice about Shredder winning this battle. I know what Cobb can do, I could find out what Calvin can do but adding in Ballard and Staunton's feats gives a big edge to the Talons now.

#13 Posted by Jhaigo (223 posts) - - Show Bio

Talons are too enhanced methinks.

#14 Edited by ComicStooge (12439 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Lvenger (19105 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: That still leaves several enhanced Talons that have actual feats to their name. It's gonna be hard for Shredder to beat the Talons down still.

#16 Posted by ComicStooge (12439 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: True.

Though, I'm aware Shedder is a very intelligent man. Is it possible he could utilize a 'divide and conquer' strategy, given his tactical skill?

I'm just playing devil's advocate.

#17 Posted by Lvenger (19105 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: It's possible and he does have the mindset to deliver lethal blows to the Talons. But ultimately, it's a matter of whether he can keep on top of all of them or whether he gets blindsided and taken down.

#18 Posted by RetconCrisis (3643 posts) - - Show Bio

Shredder would win if William Cobb or Calvin Rose weren't there. However, he will have the most trouble with those two with their versatility, experience, and skill. The Talons can win 6-7/10.